Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Agim Aware.........

Started by Uberanubis, September 22, 2017, 08:41:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Uberanubis

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

PorkRinds

I feel bad for these guys. There really is a ton of negativity and theybhavent done anything wrong. Whether it's coaching or whatever, they're likely out there putting it all on the line, only to have morons on twitter and Facebook talk darn to and about them constantly. They deserve a win.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I don't condone the hate. They're just college kids . But instead of calling out the "haters" I'd rather them go out there and prove them wrong and WIN! Instead of looking like hot garbage every week.

jst01

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 08:45:36 am
I feel bad for these guys. There really is a ton of negativity and theybhavent done anything wrong. Whether it's coaching or whatever, they're likely out there putting it all on the line, only to have morons on twitter and Facebook talk darn to and about them constantly. They deserve a win.

Meh...nobody deserves anything.  I'm sure there are a lot of hardworking players on the opposing team getting bashed and feeling major heat, hearing how their coach is gone at the end of the year.  Sucks the public goes to the level it does to spread their feelings, but the players know the "passion" these crazy fanbases have even when they are being recruited. I definitely am glad I stopped using all that social media crap years ago, its like getting negativity x 10 pumped straight into your brain.

Polecat

Agim could have pretty much gone anywhere to play. But he chose the Hogs. I support a kid like that unequivocally
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

PorkRinds

Quote from: jst01 on September 22, 2017, 08:55:42 am
Meh...nobody deserves anything.  I'm sure there are a lot of hardworking players on the opposing team getting bashed and feeling major heat, hearing how their coach is gone at the end of the year.  Sucks the public goes to the level it does to spread their feelings, but the players know the "passion" these crazy fanbases have even when they are being recruited. I definitely am glad I stopped using all that social media crap years ago, its like getting negativity x 10 pumped straight into your brain.

Well, we can certainly disagree about whether our players deserve a win. I couldn't give a crap less about aTm and their players.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Polecat on September 22, 2017, 08:57:18 am
Agim could have pretty much gone anywhere to play. But he chose the Hogs. I support a kid like that unequivocally

Exactly.

Ironhawg

I listened to Agim on Bielema's show last night.  That young man is all Razorback.  I'm with you; he has my total support as do the rest of the players.  As far as the coaches, I am in wait and see mode for the rest of the season.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

There are a few guys like that on the roster. They came here to build something special at Arkansas. They committed 4+ years of their lives and have received one 8-4 season as a reward
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Pork Ranger

You've gotten soft

PorkRinds

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on September 22, 2017, 09:30:11 am
You've gotten soft

I've always been soft where Hog athletes are concerned.

Hogsmo Kramer

The energy isn't directed at the players, or at least it shouldn't be.

The coaches and AD however....
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

31to6

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on September 22, 2017, 09:49:46 am

That is why people have to be careful. When Bielema sent out the FG unit on 4th and 2 there were boos. (not me, I don't boo the coaches/players ever.. it lacks class). But even the boo-birds were not booing the kicker. They were booing the gutless decision to kick on 4th and goal from the 2. And they were booing even more the predictable and ineffective redone offense that squandered 1st and goal at the 2! But even then, what are the odds that those boos got into Hedlund's head? I assure you that they may not have caused the miss--but there is no way they helped to boost his confidence...

Fans think they are doing the players a favor by bashing on the coaches but the players don't see or feel it that way. They see themselves and the coaches as in it together. They (coaches + players) are the team. The boos are booing the team--all of them. They often see the criticism of the coaches as *their* failure and their fault. ("They wouldn't be on Coach if *we* were winning.")

So even though we may think we are "supporting" the players and only criticizing the coaches, we have to remember that these are young men coping with a crushing loss and they certainly "feel the hate" even if we fans think we have their best interests in mind if we are bashing the coaches and ranting on the radio and negatively characterizing the team.

The_Iceman

The last 3 games against Power 5 opponents have not left much room for positivity from the fans.

PorkRinds

Sorry but when people are calling the team soft, it's not just about the coaches.  When they call them fat and out of shape, not just about the coaches.  When they talk smack about players and their mistakes, not just about coaches. Sure most of it is about coaches, but to pretend it's all about coaches and AD's and not personal to the players is ignoring reality. As proven by Agim's comment.

31to6

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 10:07:10 am
Sorry but when people are calling the team soft, it's not just about the coaches.  When they call them fat and out of shape, not just about the coaches.  When they talk smack about players and their mistakes, not just about coaches. Sure most of it is about coaches, but to pretend it's all about coaches and AD's and not personal to the players is ignoring reality. As proven by Agim's comment.
Yup...

Even if you try to justify slamming their conditioning as a criticism of "Body by Herb"--you are also basically saying "All the blood, sweat and tears and all the long gym hours and all the voluntary offseason conditioning and all the dietary restrictions and all the practice in the sweltering sun that would kill most of the old fat-asses and has beens on this board.... all that, it was for nothing: you put in hours a day for our entertainment but I am going to invalidate that by typing "the team is fat" on a message board."

twistitup

Let's get out there and *** do it. The fans are fired up, hopefully the players get that way too.

CBB doesn't have much fire, hopefully they get it from somewhere
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

al_pigcino

As much as people want to blame Jeff Long for losses (seriously? lol) or CBB, remember it's the players who aren't executing.  Is it really just the coach's fault that the line can't block or that AA seems to hold the ball for 7 seconds?

twistitup

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 22, 2017, 10:17:49 am
As much as people want to blame Jeff Long for losses (seriously? lol) or CBB, remember it's the players who aren't executing.  Is it really just the coach's fault that the line can't block or that AA seems to hold the ball for 7 seconds?

If we appear to not be prepared, fired up, or focused - the blame goes on the coaches

Players play - coaches get paid to develop a team, if they can't do it then it's time for them to move around

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hoglady

There's only one way to get rid of the negativity - win games.
Do that - and it will fade.
Keep losing games in the fashion we have been - and it will ramp up even more.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ShadowHawg

Bunch of snow flakes in this thread.

hogcard1964

Prediction: If our 3-4 continues to look bad going into South Carolina, it will be scrapped.

gchamblee

This is what recruits have to look forward to if they come to Arkansas and don't win. A fan base so consumed with stupidity that it will go after them on social media and shame them when they peek out their door. Honestly, this is what we deserve. The people in other threads saying "we want nice things" should stop breaking them every time they get mad. All these "i don't care, just win" people are the ones coming home mad and breaking dishes.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2017, 10:42:06 am
Prediction: If our 3-4 continues to look bad going into South Carolina, it will be scrapped.

Bama's 3-4 looks fine.  As for the hogs, it's a work in progress but hasn't been overly bad so far.

al_pigcino

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 10:21:23 am
If we appear to not be prepared, fired up, or focused - the blame goes on the coaches

Players play - coaches get paid to develop a team, if they can't do it then it's time for them to move around
If an 18 year old can't get fired up to perform in front of 70000 people then there isn't much a coach can do. 

gchamblee

You certainly have no problem tearing down everything he works hard for though. I can only imagine how it affects a player to watch an out of control fan base go after their coach on social media. I'm surprised a player hasn't graduated and warned future players not to ever play a game for this fan base. If I were a player for the hogs, I would be regretting my decision about now, and it would have nothing to do with the coaches/losses and everything to do with the fan base.

twistitup

Quote from: al_pigcino on September 22, 2017, 10:47:15 am
If an 18 year old can't get fired up to perform in front of 70000 people then there isn't much a coach can do. 

Sure there is ......recruit a different style of player. We may be recruiting 'uncommon' athletes similar to our HEAD COACH - ones that struggle to get excited.

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 10:46:48 am
Bama's 3-4 looks fine.  As for the hogs, it's a work in progress but hasn't been overly bad so far.

Hogtard also guaranteed a victory over TCU. He said they are a terrible football team. Nearly everything he predicts is wrong.

gchamblee

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 10:51:04 am
Sure there is ......recruit a different style of player. We may be recruiting 'uncommon' athletes similar to our HEAD COACH - ones that struggle to get excited.

Probably a nutritional thing, amirite?

jkstock04

Quote from: Redhogs on September 22, 2017, 10:36:37 am
Honestly, sounds like he has no problem with the fans. Like him allot.
Ya I didn't really sense that either reading the OP. He didn't strike me as triggered snowflake.

Thing about it is though...if any of these guys are gonna put themselves out there on social media, what else do they expect? Social media wise...they are either going to be worshiped as Gods if we win...or be POS scapegoats if we lose. Facebook/Twitter lol I mean to me that's just slumming it if you ask me.

If I go hang out at a nasty ass bar where bad things happen all the time, should I act surprised if something bad happens? In our modern day society...the answer to this is an emphatic YES. For myself, logic and common sense takes over and the answer is a NO.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

twistitup

Quote from: gchamblee on September 22, 2017, 10:51:46 am
Probably a nutritional thing, amirite?

Looking at the coach and his personal health goals....youmayberite!

elksnort

It is unfortunately part of the role they play as scholarship athletes in a major sport at a major university program.

The best thing they can do is get off social media or at least ignore the negative waves.. I know, I know. It is hard to do.

Kevin

Players do what the coaches allow them to do
So if players are soft, it is the coaches fault
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 10:51:04 am

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 22, 2017, 08:52:45 am
I don't condone the hate. They're just college kids . But instead of calling out the "haters" I'd rather them go out there and prove them wrong and WIN! Instead of looking like hot garbage every week.

Hot dang! Why hasn't anyone told them this?!

Telling a kid who gives their all to quit playing like garbage and start winning, so you can enjoy your Saturday better is pretty sad. I get that you, me, and many others on here have invested financially/emotionally in the Razorbacks, but man...what a garbage post.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogcam

My theory on this. The world has gotten to soft. If you don't do your job right, you're going to get criticized or fired. It's the way it should be. But crap, even firing someone now days requires several reasons and paperwork be filled on each mistake they make. Bottom line, do good at your job and what you're supposed to do and people will love you.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 10:07:10 am

Hence why I said it shouldn't be directed at the players, doesn't mean it isn't by some.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

redneckfriend

Unfortunately you are right. The players play. It is their responsibility to execute. Now the coaches have a responsibility to make sure the players know their jobs and to prepare them but it comes down to players doing what they have been trained to do. If the other team has more talented athletes then, other things being equal, they will win. That is Arkansas' main problem in the SEC, not the day-to-day coaching. Year after year they are near the bottom in SEC recruiting ranking and as a result the players are facing better athletes in most SEC contests. In that circumstance it isn't the players fault- they are simply outclassed by the talent of the other team.

The TCU game was an aberration. They probably don't have better players but the Arkansas offense is broken. Allen and his receivers were simply irrelevant in the game and Arkansas can't win under that handicap. The running game is not good enough alone (because the O-line talent isn't good enough to run the ball play after play when the other team knows what is coming). In order to win Arkansas needs a balanced offense. If the offense isn't fixed somehow then the SEC schedule will be brutal because the talent mismatches added to Arkansas' offensive issues will make the games foregone conclusions.

Hogville loves to blame everything on Bilemea's coaching but I don't think the coaches saw the quarterback problems coming. They probably should have given the loss of most of the experienced receivers but I believe they thought Allen could adjust. So far they are wrong. Other than that error in judgment the biggest mistake the coaches have made that I can see isn't in game preparation- it is in recruiting. In order to win in the SEC you need to recruit top 15 classes year after year. If all of that is true then the question is can any coach meet that standard at Arkansas?

Ex-Trumpet

Agim has been impressive.  And, I might add, the defense is miles ahead of where it was at any time last year.

The offense is another issue, however, and affects how the defense will perform late in the game.  Hopefully a bye-week will help with this and Hogs humiliate an aTm team that already appears to be on the ropes.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

If AA is holding the ball for 7 seconds the line is blocking quite well!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HamSammich

I feel bad for agim because I believe he is being forced to play out of position. As far as negativity , yeah that sucks for the players, but on the flip side they are royalty in nw arkansas.

Need to edit and explain more. Agim is wasted at a 3 technique. Everytime I've ever seen him play at a 5 technique you can really see his quickness and speed.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 22, 2017, 11:20:37 am
Agim has been impressive.  And, I might add, the defense is miles ahead of where it was at any time last year.

The offense is another issue, however, and affects how the defense will perform late in the game.  Hopefully a bye-week will help with this and Hogs humiliate an aTm team that already appears to be on the ropes.

I think if the offense fixes the issues with way the defense has performed, we could actually have a decent season.

hobhog

Some people dont seem to understand the "team" concept. The players love their coaches and teammates, and when morons call them nicknames (fat, Bert, Jeffrey) and question depth charts it affects them too. It helps nothing but it's the world we live in now.

If a poster knew that the target of his post would find out his real name and address I am guessing site traffic would die off dramatically.

longpig

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 10:21:23 am

I'm with you.  I believe this team has great football players at every position that 1/2 the coaching staffs in the country could win 10 games with.  There's a lack of fire and lack of scheme on game day.  Judging by 3 2/3 quarters of the TCU game, Coach Rhoads defense may have fire and scheme, we'll find out Saturday against aTm's less functional offense.
Don't be scared, be smart.

gchamblee

Quote from: hobhog on September 22, 2017, 11:29:26 am
Some people dont seem to understand the "team" concept. The players love their coaches and teammates, and when morons call them nicknames (fat, Bert, Jeffrey) and question depth charts it affects them too. It helps nothing but it's the world we live in now.

If a poster knew that the target of his post would find out his real name and address I am guessing site traffic would die off dramatically.

Turns out, giving everyone a voice isn't such a good idea afterall.

bigred223

Quote from: hogcam on September 22, 2017, 11:04:49 am
My theory on this. The world has gotten to soft. If you don't do your job right, you're going to get criticized or fired. It's the way it should be. But crap, even firing someone now days requires several reasons and paperwork be filled on each mistake they make. Bottom line, do good at your job and what you're supposed to do and people will love you.

Pretty sure most jobs are at will, which means you don't need a reason.

longpig

Quote from: hobhog on September 22, 2017, 11:29:26 am

Then CBB should take a job somewhere that has little to no passionate fanbase or with an AD that will hold his hand like at Wisconsin, and stop subjecting young men to these criticisms.

Poker_hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2017, 10:42:06 am

Nah.  It'll be used as the scape goat for when we go 6-6.  Next years excuse will be the new qb.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

longpig

Quote from: hogcam on September 22, 2017, 11:04:49 am

Someone has been way too soft on you for poor spelling.