Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema on his show tonight said DW would play Saturday

Started by Lanny, September 21, 2017, 07:41:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Be careful what you hear on the radio and state fact on here.   Mods did an excellent job allowing posting about this incident but keeping unfounded rumors off hogville
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hobhog

Quote from: Lanny on September 21, 2017, 07:41:54 pm
Be careful what you hear on the radio and state fact on here.   Mods did an excellent job allowing posting about this incident but keeping unfounded rumors off hogville

Doesn't mean he won't be wearing iron neck brace, jaw wired shut, and ears taped on. Just sayin........

JohnnyJohn

In less than 48 hours Hogs will be 2-1.  Could have done it without DW but even better outlook now. 

hobhog

Quote from: JohnnyJohn on September 21, 2017, 07:43:41 pm
In less than 48 hours Hogs will be 2-1.  Could have done it without DW but even better outlook now.

More importantly 1-0 in Sec.....

Woo pig.

azhog10

Quote from: Lanny on September 21, 2017, 07:41:54 pm
CBB has said this many times and a kid doesn't play. Expect a "We really though he'd be able to go but the pain was just too much for him during warm ups."

DOGALUM

Quote from: azhog10 on September 21, 2017, 08:22:11 pm
CBB has said this many times and a kid doesn't play. Expect a "We really though he'd be able to go but the pain was just too much for him during warm ups."
please cite the "many times" that scenario has unfolded....otherwise shut your cock-holster.  I'll hang up and listen. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

hobhog

Quote from: azhog10 on September 21, 2017, 08:22:11 pm

Tin foil hat not working?

Hogdomer

He also said Brandon Martin wouldn't play.  That may have a bigger impact.

factchecker

Quote from: Hogdomer on September 21, 2017, 08:36:22 pm
He also said Brandon Martin wouldn't play.  That may have a bigger impact.

Martin hasn't played very much this season.  He got some reps in the second half against FAMU but has been hampered with a hamstring injury for a couple of weeks.  Martin didn't even dress vs. TCU.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

JohnnyJohn

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 21, 2017, 08:40:08 pm
My friend told me that Devwah really did break his jaw, but since it is his upper jaw he can still play. Is that true? I'm not a doctor. My friend may be full of it.

How do you break your "upper jaw?"  Don't you mean your face??

Hogdomer

September 21, 2017, 08:42:22 pm #10 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:02:32 am by Hogdomer
Quote from: factchecker on September 21, 2017, 08:38:02 pm
Martin hasn't played very much this season.  He got some reps in the second half against FAMU but has been hampered with a hamstring injury for a couple of weeks.  Martin didn't even dress vs. TCU.

I know but honestly Whaley has not been good so far.  Martin has potential with his size.

jkstock04

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 21, 2017, 08:40:08 pm
My friend told me that Devwah really did break his jaw, but since it is his upper jaw he can still play. Is that true? I'm not a doctor. My friend may be full of it.
Lol weak effort. If they traced your IP address i wouldn't be surprised if it went straight to college station.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WalHog2018

Quote from: JohnnyJohn on September 21, 2017, 08:42:20 pm

Seems like the upper jaw is right below the nose. So I guess its possible?

WalHog2018

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 21, 2017, 08:45:05 pm
Lol weak effort. If they traced your IP address i wouldn't be surprised if it went straight to college station.

I'm a UArk student.  I'm really not trying to start anything.  I was just wondering if breaking your upper jaw was possible and playing with such condition was possible?

*In the extremely unlikely event that it happened*

JohnnyJohn

Quote from: WalHog2018 on September 21, 2017, 08:46:40 pm
Seems like the upper jaw is right below the nose. So I guess its possible?

That's the deal.  It's just not really possible.  Not when you have things like the Mandible that would break first.  That's the face, by the way. 

WalHog2018

Quote from: JohnnyJohn on September 21, 2017, 08:49:11 pm
That's the deal.  It's just not really possible.  Not when you have things like the Mandible that would break first.  That's the face, by the way.

Fair. That is all I was wanting to know. Thanks!

hoghearted

Depends on where the blow landed. Could be the zygomatic arch. Since we're talking hypotheticals, I mean.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

PonderinHog

Quote from: hoghearted on September 21, 2017, 08:53:51 pm
Depends on where the blow landed. Could be the zygomatic arch. Since we're talking hypotheticals, I mean.
Please don't be bringing zygotes into this.  This is a family centered board.

hoghearted

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 21, 2017, 08:59:28 pm

lol. Okay, no zygotes.

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Pigstie

Quote from: factchecker on September 21, 2017, 08:38:02 pm
He wasn't going to travel to College Station either.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

drizzle

I mean, zygotes are a pretty essential part of families.  Just saying.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

What about troglodytes....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

(notOM)Rebel123

What's the "ovum & under" for Saturday?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

September 21, 2017, 10:09:03 pm #23 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:59:46 am by (notOM)Rebel123
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Next1_04

Oh man, no one tell J-Five about this. It will break his bench warmer heart.

hogcard1964

I broke mine in a car accident.  It's brutal and you couldn't play football if that's the case.  He didn't break his jaw.  Mandible or upper.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Piggfoot

September 22, 2017, 02:16:49 pm #27 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:29:16 pm by Piggfoot
Jaw fractures may be the upper jaw or maxilla or the lower jaw the mandible.
Both are facial fractures.  Alveolar segmental fractures ( part of the maxilla or mandible in which a tooth or multiple teeth  are contained) are common fractures related to fighting. The segment can easily be stabilized with a wire splint.  A bite quard and face mask should protect it from further injury. Don't know if that was his injury.
There are more severe facial fractures but those would preclude  playing.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hogdomer

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 22, 2017, 01:42:54 pm
Hard to be good when you are getting hit in the backfield. Jeez.

True but Williams, Hayden and even Hammonds have looked better so far.  We desperately need help at WR.

Polecat

False. I broke my upper jaw in a car wreck. You don't know what you're talking about
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Uncle Remus

Quote from: Polecat on September 22, 2017, 02:21:15 pm
False. I broke my upper jaw in a car wreck. You don't know what you're talking about

Something like this!

sowmonella

Quote from: Polecat on September 22, 2017, 02:21:15 pm

X-rays or it didn't happen.  ;)
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

moses_007

No jaw was broken. Here's what CBB said:

FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas coach Bret Bielema cleared the air during his Thursday radio show.

Sophomore running back Devwah Whaley will play against Texas A&M on Saturday after suffering a minor injury during a "disagreement" with receiver Brandon Martin earlier in the week.

"He's ready to play," Bielema said of Whaley, the starter for the Hogs.

"How many times are 21-year-olds in an disagreement? Devwah is excited to play in the game in his home state."

Bielema said Martin, a sophomore, was already ruled out of the travel squad because of a lingering hamstring injury suffered two weeks ago.

Those comments came in the second part of the opening segment of Bielema's radio show, after he discussed the decision to wear Dallas Cowboys-themed game jerseys.

Bacon_Bitz

Yeah but the REAL QUESTION is what does "play" mean?  Is he going to play in the game, or is he going to play like he's going to play, thereby serving as a decoy?

Polecat

Quote from: sowmonella on September 22, 2017, 02:28:09 pm
X-rays or it didn't happen.  ;)

Haha I've got them tucked away somewhere. Broke my nose, orbital bone on one side. Definitely could not have played football after that. Had my jaw wired shut for 5-6 weeks and lost 40 pounds.
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BallHog1

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 22, 2017, 02:38:12 pm
Yeah but the REAL QUESTION is what does "play" mean?  Is he going to play in the game, or is he going to play like he's going to play, thereby serving as a decoy?
Like a smoke screen?

ricepig