Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New RB for 2017

Started by ricepig, June 16, 2017, 07:19:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

Well lets welcome the young man aboard then.

Tarheelhawg

WPS!  Great commitment from a v. talented rb! I hope he has a tremendous year.

jgphillips3

That's excellent news.  He'll be an instant #2 (assuming his pass pro is solid) and the pups will have a chance to come along at a more reasonable pace.

TheRazorback500

Welcome Mr. Williams! Woo pig.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

PorkRinds

PORKULATOR

Good get. Solid GT.
Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PorkRinds

I gotta say we've had more RB's named Williams than I can even remember.

HogBeliever625

May let Chase Hayden redshirt which is good.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Another Williams lol. He looks FAST!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

TheRazorback500

It could make for a spirited battle at fall camp for backup RB with the other Williams.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Thats what happens when you commit to a school that doesnt fit you. When was the last time Muschamp had a 1000 yd rusher? Williams will do fine here
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

jgphillips3

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 17, 2017, 01:29:12 am
We're not asking the kid to rush for 1000 yds or be the #1 back. He can be a solid number 2

Hell, we aren't even asking him to be #2 the whole year.  We just need a player with college experience to be #2 for 4 games or so to spell Devwah while we are teaching the freshmen pass pro.  If he gives us a solid first 4 to 6 games, I think Maleek or Chase will be ready to step up.  It's just a lot to ask of a true freshman to be a complete RB the moment they hit the field in college.  Fortunately, Maleek is effectively a redshirt freshman having gotten in on Spring ball.

southeasthog

Welcome aboard Mr. Williams!!!!
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

Lanny

Very big news and the break Arkansas needed.  Now can they find a defensive unit to transfer?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

The_Iceman

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 17, 2017, 01:26:54 am
Thats what happens when you commit to a school that doesnt fit you. When was the last time Muschamp had a 1000 yd rusher? Williams will do fine here

Did he commit to Muschamp or Spurrier?

goodguytex

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 17, 2017, 06:13:23 am
Did he commit to Muschamp or Spurrier?
He's a grad transfer, so have to be Spurrier. He seems to have great skills, good speed, good ability to find the hole, run to daylight. Hopefully he can challenge Devwah even. A little competition will be good for both of them.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on June 17, 2017, 01:51:05 am
Hell, we aren't even asking him to be #2 the whole year.  We just need a player with college experience to be #2 for 4 games or so to spell Devwah while we are teaching the freshmen pass pro.  If he gives us a solid first 4 to 6 games, I think Maleek or Chase will be ready to step up.  It's just a lot to ask of a true freshman to be a complete RB the moment they hit the field in college.  Fortunately, Maleek is effectively a redshirt freshman having gotten in on Spring ball.

Since Enos stepped on campus how many freshmen have truly learned the pass pro system? AC and DW both suffered through their freshman seasons not being able to understand the blocking schemes.

My bet is this kid takes the #2 for the whole season. Meleek will see some play, but never on 3rd downs. Williams will be the second guy in for every game this year.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HOGINTENNESSEE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z7XAVAVrTPY"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PonderinHog

Reminds me of Kniles Davies.

daBoar

Quote from: HogBeliever625 on June 16, 2017, 09:10:21 pm
May let Chase Hayden redshirt which is good.
While I agree with this in concept, the addition of Williams adds SEC experience and maturity to the Hog backfield........that's a big get, and gives options to the coaching staff.  Kudos to the coaching staff.....welcome aboard Messrs Williams.

jethro

Those Williams boys sure meant a lot to me, Hank and Tennessee.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jethro on June 17, 2017, 08:30:00 pm
Those Williams boys sure meant a lot to me, Hank and Tennessee.
Cute....I see what you did there ;) 8) :P

bphi11ips

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 17, 2017, 09:43:36 am
Reminds me of Kniles Davies.

If he's as fast as Kniles we're golden. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

flynhog

As fast as Knile's what?
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

wikipedia brown

Hopefully our rb coach can teach him to be more physical between the tackles. He has the speed and size, however, it seems that he had trouble being the hammer on short yardage plays.

GuvHog

Quote from: wikipedia brown on June 17, 2017, 10:00:08 pm
Hopefully our rb coach can teach him to be more physical between the tackles. He has the speed and size, however, it seems that he had trouble being the hammer on short yardage plays.

The guy doing the hammering on short yardage situations might be Maleek Williams.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

tusksincolorado

Very nice to have a RB of this caliber to sign on with the Hawgs. Obliviously an intelligent player, graduating in 3 years!!!

GO HAWGS!!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

ricepig

Quote from: tusksincolorado on June 18, 2017, 11:05:51 am
Very nice to have a RB of this caliber to sign on with the Hawgs. Obliviously an intelligent player, graduating in 3 years!!!

GO HAWGS!!!

4 years, 2013-2016.

http://247sports.com/Player/David-Williams-11159?PlayerInstitution=32862

snoblind

Quote from: flynhog on June 17, 2017, 09:40:48 pm
As fast as Knile's what?

They were talking about Kniles not Knile.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: flynhog on June 17, 2017, 09:40:48 pm
As fast as Knile's what?
Quote from: snoblind on June 18, 2017, 11:34:18 am
They were talking about Kniles not Knile.

Correct they are joking about the fictional RB Kniles.

But on an interesting note it was reported that David Williams ran a sub 4.4 at SC. Which would make him really close to Knile Davis's forty. However, of David's highlights I haven't seen that second burst that Knile had in the open field.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/david-williams-south-carolina-next-talented-tailback/

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ricepig on June 18, 2017, 11:11:02 am
4 years, 2013-2016.

http://247sports.com/Player/David-Williams-11159?PlayerInstitution=32862

Oh well...the wife allowed me to start drinking a Paradox #49 a little earlier today than usual...

thanks for the correction.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

HamSammich

Watched him in hs. Great rb. Great coup

micali

Every running back named Williams has been pretty good fornus. Let's hope the trend continues.

hogcard1964

Am I reading this correctly that he can play immediately?

GuvHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 19, 2017, 08:58:31 am
Am I reading this correctly that he can play immediately?

Yes, he's a graduate transfer.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

pigture perfect

Looks like he has good hands out of the backfield. That's always a plus. Great pick-up in my opinion.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

East TN HAWG

It would be a great recruiting tool against USCe if he has a successful year.

247Hog

Quote from: pigture perfect on June 19, 2017, 10:24:28 am
Looks like he has good hands out of the backfield. That's always a plus. Great pick-up in my opinion.

I'm really glad we have an experienced RB that can help advise the young guys. I believe Williams will do more to help off the field than on it.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

LRHawg

Looks like he has a great set of hands! AA having an outlet to dump the ball off too he can trust will be nice.

daBoar

Quote from: 247Hog on June 19, 2017, 10:46:23 am
I'm really glad we have an experienced RB that can help advise the young guys. I believe Williams will do more to help off the field than on it.
Day 1 of his arrival he has more playing experience than any of our other RBs. 

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 17, 2017, 01:26:54 am

Happy to see any skilled back choose us, but I have to ask how any 4 star prospect falls from 1st to 5th on any teams pre-season depth chart.
http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article156701774.html
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

ricepig

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on June 19, 2017, 11:23:01 am
Happy to see any skilled back choose us, but I have to ask how any 4 star prospect falls from 1st to 5th on any teams pre-season depth chart.
http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article156701774.html

Change of coaching staffs, change of priorities........

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on June 19, 2017, 11:23:01 am

Well he was like 5th for like 2 days. Probably more of a coaches trying to sending a message than him being actually 5th.

Wildhog

June 19, 2017, 12:49:51 pm #46 Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:25:35 pm by Wildhog
I hope this allows us to RS Hayden.

Some people don't believe in redshirting RB's, but I disagree.  If he's gone in three years, then so be it.  But he'd have a minimal impact this year, at best, and if he doesn't leave early, we'll sure be glad to have him for depth in year five.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on June 19, 2017, 12:49:51 pm
I hope this allows to RS Hayden.

Some people don't believe in redshirting RB's, but I disagree.  If he's gone in three years, then so be it.  But he'd have a minimal impact this year, at best, and if he doesn't leave early, we'll sure be glad to have him for depth in year five.
Agreed.

tbhogfan

187 Carries, 797 Yards, 5 TD, 28 Games Played
0 Fumbles

We got a solid, experienced SEC Running Back.
He got Running Back U.
Go Hogs!

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 16, 2017, 08:46:51 pm
I gotta say we've had more RB's named Williams than I can even remember.

Probably.

Jonathan Williams 2012-2015. 2321 yards
Rawleigh Williams 2015-2016 1614 yards
Darrell Williams 1959-1961 312 yards, 1 TD
Jarrell Williams 1958-1960, 305 yards, 3 TDs
Stan Williams 1977-1978, 95 yards, 1 TD