Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Pearlman out as voice of the Razorbacks.....

Started by SPAL, June 13, 2017, 04:04:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

southarkhog06

Quote from: rhog1 on June 15, 2017, 12:24:20 pm
Chuck is one of the best in calling baseball. I would rather him have given up calling football and stuck with baseball.
absolutely, we downgraded when we got Phil Elson, and that's not a knock on Phil Elson by any means.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: rhog1 on June 15, 2017, 12:24:20 pm
Chuck is one of the best in calling baseball. I would rather him have given up calling football and stuck with baseball.
This. I think he could have made a good MiLB announcer and maybe eventually MLB, but for sure would have been good enough for AA ball. While he isn't awful at football, baseball was his sweet spot.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

ricepig

Quote from: PorcineSublime on June 15, 2017, 05:41:56 pm
This. I think he could have made a good MiLB announcer and maybe eventually MLB, but for sure would have been good enough for AA ball. While he isn't awful at football, baseball was his sweet spot.

Didn't our current announcer come from MiLB?

thebignasty

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on June 15, 2017, 11:16:54 am
No, it was Chuck Bartlett that used to call our baseball games, in the era of the Razorback network (and "Razorvision") before the SEC Network. 

IMO, Baseball was Chuck's best call.  I was sorry to see him give it up.  I know there are some here who dislike him, but his baseball call was solid.

Chuck was great on baseball but can't fault the guy for taking the more prestigious job.

WhenPigsFly

John Snow

To me Alex Peralman looked and sounded like a 16 year old  and googled the latest stats  from each team . He figured if just repeats the latest stats with a few cliches it would cover his teenager voice with zero knowledg of what is going on live at the baseball game.