How will they match up with last year?

Started by BannerMountainMan, May 31, 2017, 09:21:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Gafford for Kingsley
Garland for Hannahs
Hall for Watkins
Gabe for Hazen

Do you think they can keep some of the same production, if so than it can be such a big year because the other will be much improved you would think.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

navyhog24

To be honest, Kingsley hadn't been doing too much before mid February. Once Gafford gets over his initial shock of being a freshman, which he should with early preseason tourney we'll be playing in at the beginning of the season, I think he could have similar production as Kingsley. I don't expect there will be much drop off in defense between the two. Hopefully we can expect Thompson, Thomas, and Bailey to help out in the low post production to make it easier on Gafford.

Hannahs 3 point and Free Throw shooting will be missed. We're all expecting CJ Jones to step up big time and fill that role somewhat big time off the bench this season. Beard will have to step up here as well and have less brain farts. Garland will be better defensively and be a better penetrator, but he's not that great of a shooter. At least, not yet.

Manny, in my opinion, will be the hardest to replace. He was the defensive glue,scrappy guy and did a lot of the little things the team needed. We will need someone to step up and fill that role. I honestly think it'll be Adrio Bailey.

I wouldn't expect to see much of Gabe O. this season. I'm assuming he'll get the garbage minutes at the end of the blowout games and the like.