Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Official - Regional Action Coming to Fayetteville

Started by ucahogfan, May 28, 2017, 07:32:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhenPigsFly

I absolutely LOVE that we are able to have this discussion!!!  (All matters hosting and such)

Wisco Pig

Regional sites by conference

Atlantic Coast         5  (Clemson, Florida State, Louisville, North Carolina and Wake Forest)
Southeastern          4  (Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky and LSU)
Big 12                    2  (TCU and Texas Tech)
Pac-12                    2  (Oregon State and Stanford)
American Athletic    1  (Houston)
Big West                 1  (Long Beach State)
Conference USA      1  (Southern Miss)

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2017-05-28/16-regional-sites-selected-2017-ncaa-division-i-baseball

HogFansReunited

Amazing that Florida State went from a tournament bubble team to a regional host in about 2 weeks.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wisco Pig on May 28, 2017, 08:32:05 pm
Regional sites by conference

Atlantic Coast         5  (Clemson, Florida State, Louisville, North Carolina and Wake Forest)
Southeastern          4  (Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky and LSU)
Big 12                    2  (TCU and Texas Tech)
Pac-12                    2  (Oregon State and Stanford)
American Athletic    1  (Houston)
Big West                 1  (Long Beach State)
Conference USA      1  (Southern Miss)

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2017-05-28/16-regional-sites-selected-2017-ncaa-division-i-baseball
I swear as much as we complain about the bluebloods in the SEC, just imagine how Virginia fans feel. How in the world does Florida State get a host site over them? Its like as long as they are over .500 they just pencil in a regional in Tallahassee.

southarkhog06

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 28, 2017, 08:33:37 pm
Amazing that Florida State went from a tournament bubble team to a regional host in about 2 weeks.
See my post above, they don't deserve it. They get the "tradition" host spot.

Ore. St.---LB State
Louisville---Houston
NC---KY
Fla---Fla St.
T Tech---W. F.
TCU---Clem
LSU---S. Miss
Stan---Ark

vandybuff

Congratulations on hosting ... all the best to you! 
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

rzrbkman

Quote from: Kevin on May 28, 2017, 08:01:33 pm
Usually noon and 6pm

Dvh always picks to play the early game Friday for the extra rest for Saturday

Not Always. Arkansas defeated LeMoyne in the Friday night game in 2004 and lost to Oral Roberts in the Friday night game in 2006. Arkansas defeated Albany in the 2007 opening day game and Grambling in the 2010 opening day game.

Hogs49ers

May 28, 2017, 09:56:30 pm #59 Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 10:06:39 pm by Hogs49ers
They must rely on the RPI quite heavily when picking the hosts because #1-15 in the RPI are all hosting and #16 Virginia is swapped with #17 Houston as the final host spot.

And had we lost to Auburn, I believe we would had ended up around #20 or 21 in the RPI so I truly believe we did need to win that game based on how they ended up selecting the hosts.  I could be wrong, but am just glad that we did not have to figure out.

I think the tourney does matter more than people think and each game within it counts just as much as a regular season game would.  I mean Houston obviously won their way into a host spot from winning 4 games in their tourney. 
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Any chance we get paired with Southern Miss?  That is who I would prefer, I think they are super overrated.
SCREW Vandy!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Hogs49ers on May 28, 2017, 11:35:55 pm
Any chance we get paired with Southern Miss?  That is who I would prefer, I think they are super overrated.

You're picking Southern Miss as a national seed?

Hogs49ers

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 28, 2017, 08:05:10 pm
Yeah, I could see it.  Missouri State is probably a 2 seed though.

If we get Missouri St. as our 2 seed, that will be the best regional ever!  They would probably end up as the worst #2 seed in the history of college baseball, with a SOS of 108 and they are 0-3 against the top 50, I do not even think they deserve to be in the tourney at all.  Especially over teams like A&M, Ole Miss, and SC who all have about 10 top 50 wins.
SCREW Vandy!

rzrbkman

Quote from: Hogs49ers on May 29, 2017, 03:14:19 am
If we get Missouri St. as our 2 seed, that will be the best regional ever!  They would probably end up as the worst #2 seed in the history of college baseball, with a SOS of 108 and they are 0-3 against the top 50, I do not even think they deserve to be in the tourney at all.  Especially over teams like A&M, Ole Miss, and SC who all have about 10 top 50 wins.

I agree.

SPAL

GuvHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 08:03:24 pm
Can you not see that happening though?

No, I don't think so. I figure both Missouri State and Virginia will be 2 seeds so I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens:

1. Arkansas
2. Missouri State
3. Rice
4. Sam Houston State

Just a wild guess. No one really knows.

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

factchecker

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2017, 08:19:20 am
No, I don't think so. I figure both Missouri State and Virginia will be 2 seeds so I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens:

1. Arkansas
2. Missouri State
3. Rice
4. UCA

Just a wild guess. No one really knows.

Guv..... do you know what you are talking about?

UCA isn't going to be in the tournament.  They had to win their conference tournament and they lost to Sam Houston State.

They don't put teams with a RPI of 112 in the tournament unless they get an auto bid.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: factchecker on May 29, 2017, 08:22:26 am

UCA isn't going to be in the tournament.  They had to win their conference and they lost to Sam Houston State.

Shhhhh....😉
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

GuvHog

Quote from: factchecker on May 29, 2017, 08:22:26 am

UCA isn't going to be in the tournament.  They had to win their conference tournament and they lost to Sam Houston State.

They don't put teams with a RPI of 112 in the tournament unless they get an auto bid.

Got it. My mistake.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

factchecker

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2017, 08:26:00 am
Got it. My mistake.

It's cool.  UCA came close to getting an auto bid but they messed up when they lost to Houston Baptist on Friday.  That loss forced them to play a double header on Saturday.  They won the first game (rematch vs. HBU) but ran out of arms vs. Sam Houston in the championship game.

Your revised field looks good but they might keep Rice in Texas.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

CampuspostmanHOG

I wonder how the Walmart shareholder meeting will affect the availability of Hotel rooms. It gets over about noon Friday.

shown006

Current weather forecast Thursday and Friday don't look the best in Fayetteville.  Could be some game delays.
WPS!

Wisco Pig

The projected opponents in Fayetteville from Baseball America:
Oklahoma, Miami, Oral Roberts

The projected opponents in Fayetteville from D1 Baseball:
Missouri State, Oklahoma State, Oral Roberts

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on May 29, 2017, 08:31:18 am
I wonder how the Walmart shareholder meeting will affect the availability of Hotel rooms. It gets over about noon Friday.

In the past, most clear out by FRI afternoon.   If Arkansas plays the early game FRI,  the traffic will be pretty woolly, though.   At this point, you might have to go to Springdale or Rogers for a hotel room.

bosshog84

They will probably place Rice & Sam Houston in the Houston regional. I can see this one being our regional...

1 Arkansas
2 Missouri St
3 Oklahoma St
4 Tennessee Tech

CJ HOG

Quote from: bosshog84 on May 29, 2017, 08:58:48 am
They will probably place Rice & Sam Houston in the Houston regional. I can see this one being our regional...

1 Arkansas
2 Missouri St
3 Oklahoma St
4 Tennessee Tech
You might have it, Warren Nolan from 5/23 has

1.Arkansas
2.Missouri St.
3.Southeastern Louisiana
4. Tennessee Tech

This was before Okla. St. won an auto-bid so I could see them replacing SE Louisiana easily.

bulldog04

Quote from: bosshog84 on May 29, 2017, 08:58:48 am

1 Arkansas
2 Missouri St
3 Oklahoma St
4 Tennessee Tech
I would rather have Tenn Tech than ORU

ucahogfan

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 28, 2017, 07:47:52 pm
#1 Corvalis Regional paired with Long Beach Regional
#2 Chapel Hill Regional paired with Houston Regional
#3 Baton Rouge Regional paired with Tallahassee Regional
#4 Lubbock Regional paired with Clemson Regional
#5 Gainesville Regional paired with Winston-Salem Regional
#6 Louisville Regional paired with Lexington Regional
#7 Fort Worth Regional paired with Fayetteville Regional
#8 Stanford Regional paired with Hattiesburg Regional
Missed the top 4 seeds by one.  I have the top 3 right (maybe not in that order) and Florida is another top 4 seed.