Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where to find 2018 baseball class?

Started by hogfreak, May 28, 2017, 03:56:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

UCA usually has a pretty good write up on them.  In sure it's just gotten burried down the pages here somewhere.

I found this, but a little dated.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=614478.0

SPAL

UCA is our recruiting guy....he dies a great job posting breakdowns of incoming classes.

tophawg19

what is y'alls projection for next season based on possible lost players and incoming players ? i know it's early with the draft coming . I just want that SEC crown from LSPOO. have i mentioned i hate corndogs
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

onebadrubi

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 28, 2017, 06:10:54 pm
what is y'alls projection for next season based on possible lost players and incoming players ? i know it's early with the draft coming . I just want that SEC crown from LSPOO. have i mentioned i hate corndogs

We have some young players stepping up late In the season.  Maybe we will possibly hang on to a Stephan or no field, but not likely. 

SPAL

We lose knight (draft eligible sophomore who is 90% leaving) and Stephan (junior who has a lot if potential) but we return Campbell (mid 90 fastball with a plus breaking ball)

We lose bonny, spanberger, Arledge for sure. Shaddy in all likelihood comes back. Gate's will probably not be back....either by draft or more likely by transfer.

We have some real studs coming in if the draft doesn't beat us up.

I would expect a regional appearance

Razrpig256

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 06:16:39 pm
We lose knight (draft eligible sophomore who is 90% leaving) and Stephan (junior who has a lot if potential) but we return Campbell (mid 90 fastball with a plus breaking ball)

We lose bonny, spanberger, Arledge for sure. Shaddy in all likelihood comes back. Gate's will probably not be back....either by draft or more likely by transfer.

We have some real studs coming in if the draft doesn't beat us up.

I would expect a regional appearance

Do you have some inside info on the Gates situation? I hadn't heard anything about him leaving until now. Seems like he's probably the best hitting 3B we have.

ucahogfan

Are you talking about incoming players for the 2018 season (the 2017 class) or the current crop of high school juniors who will be freshmen in the 2019 season?

SPAL

Quote from: Razrpig256 on May 28, 2017, 06:26:39 pm
Do you have some inside info on the Gates situation? I hadn't heard anything about him leaving until now. Seems like he's probably the best hitting 3B we have.

A little inside knowledge.

tophawg19

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 06:48:57 pm
not good but he may know what the future holds . can't fault a kid for improving their chances to play
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Razrpig256

Dang. That's unfortunate. The way DVH talked about him earlier, sounded like he would be a good one. He has definitely been in the doghouse of late, for some reason. He has been hitting the ball harder lately, though.

TNhawgfan

If that's the case, i wish DVH would have stuck with jack at 3B. He's got a better glove and was squaring up balls the other night
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol