Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SECT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, #4 ARKANSAS (42-16, 18-11)#2 LSU (41-17, 21-9 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 28, 2017, 01:49:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

runninhog

CJ HOG

razCzar

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Spanberger, 0-1 today, 0-1 swinging, 0-2 looking, 1-2, 2-2 in the dirt, strikes out swinging at one up in the zone

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

SPAL

Hr aside,  this kid is a good pitcher. He uses all his stuff in any count, moves it around, keeps batters guessing. I hate him but I like him..

runninhog

ucahogfan

0-1 pitch to Bonfield was in the same spot that Koch had that strike called on him.  Ump didnt' call it this time though.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

JHicks3636

Bonfield, 0-1 in the game, 0-1 swinging, 1-1, 1-2 foul, 2-2, full count, foul, called out on strikes

1-0 Arkansas after 3 innings

ucahogfan

But then Walker gets low and away on that strike 3 to Bonfield.

TNhawgfan

98hogs

ucahogfan

Quote from: runninhog on May 28, 2017, 02:50:39 pm
Walker's got that high heat working...
The change up he has makes the high heat much more effective especially since it is only 88ish.  If he didn't have that change, we would be having a field day on him up there.

JHicks3636

In the Coon Ass 4th

1. Robertson 0-1
2. Freeman   0-1
3. Duplantis  0-1

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

:razorback:

0          Top 4th                  1                   
                1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
LSU      0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  1  | 1  | 0   
ARK      0 | 0 | 1 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 2   

DLUXHOG

Quote from: 98hogs on May 28, 2017, 02:52:50 pm
Ump helped out the Corn dogs on that one

he sure did as that one was outside of the box........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Razrpig256

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 02:50:08 pm
Hr aside,  this kid is a good pitcher. He uses all his stuff in any count, moves it around, keeps batters guessing. I hate him but I like him..

Helps when you get almost every close call.

CJ HOG

Bonfield should be guarding the plate, but that was well below his knees imo.

knoxvillehog

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 28, 2017, 02:50:43 pm
0-1 pitch to Bonfield was in the same spot that Koch had that strike called on him.  Ump didnt' call it this time though.

Said the same thing to my son sitting here. Zone is moving around

ucahogfan

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on May 28, 2017, 02:53:39 pm
Swing the effing bat!  >:(
It wasn't in the zone.  It he swung and missed, people would be complaining about letting that one go.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 28, 2017, 02:53:57 pm
Bonfield should be guarding the plate, but that was well below his knees imo.
Yep, two strikes today with a wide zoned ump, then you better protect

ronmahony

Quote from: 98hogs on May 28, 2017, 02:52:50 pm
Ump helped out the Corn dogs on that one

Yeah we are going to have to do a lot of the Slamberger one knee low hits against this ump.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 28, 2017, 02:52:23 pm
But then Walker gets low and away on that strike 3 to Bonfield.

Definitely a little favoritism being give. To lsu pitcher and his zone

razorhog52

Huge strike zone for both pitchers. Umpire must have a 6 pm flight

SPAL

TNhawgfan

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 28, 2017, 02:54:30 pm
It wasn't in the zone.  It he swung and missed, people would be complaining about letting that one go.
Not with this ump today.  Better swing

JHicks3636

Robertson starts off LSU for the 2nd time through the order, 0-1 swinging, 0-2 looking, 1-2, 2-2, full count, foul, foul, dumps one to right for a single

ucahogfan

But haven't we been more dominant in our last 3 games than LSU has?  We have scored more runs and allowed less runs.

bulldog04

ucahogfan

Where exactly was that 0-1 pitch to Freeman?  Looked pretty good to me except that Kopps missed his spot.

runninhog

ronmahony

They keep showing LSU's tourney record, two 7 inning games. Wonder if they have figured out yet we did the same thing, with more runs?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

SPAL

TNhawgfan

HamIAm

JHicks3636

Freeman swings at the first pitch, 1-1, 1-2 looking, foul, Gates E-5 on a simple ball to him, drops the ball out of his glove going to his throwing hand

jfred59

ronmahony

JHicks3636

runninhog

We didn't capitalize on their error. Let's see how they handle ours.

CJ HOG

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 02:59:22 pm
Seems to be calling it both ways for the most part..
Yep, he's calling it closer to the same than I expected with a corndog involved.

runninhog

SPAL

You guys knew going in we we're playing a blue blood. You act shocked that the announcers are pro LSU and the umps are giving them the calls.

ronmahony

Quote from: jfred59 on May 28, 2017, 03:01:04 pm
These ESPN clowns have man love for the Corn Dogs

Yeah I wonder how they turned it around after the Tulane game?

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 03:02:05 pm
You guys knew going in we we're playing a blue blood. You act shocked that the announcers are pro LSU and the umps are giving them the calls.
Sorry.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***