Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SECT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, #4 ARKANSAS (42-16, 18-11)#2 LSU (41-17, 21-9 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 28, 2017, 01:49:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

runninhog

ucahogfan

CJ HOG

Hogs with 45 total hits so far this week, 22 for extra bases! Awesome

JHicks3636

Koch fouls off the first pitch, 1-1, 1-2 looking, strikes out swinging

SPAL

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

JHicks3636

Gates from whom we need a 2-out hit, 0-1 looking, flies out to center

0-0 after 2

razorbackfan4life

Ump calling that strike that almost hit him cost us that inning. 

ucahogfan

That strike which was on the white of the batter's box killed that inning for us.  We better get that pitch today.  Instead of it being 2-1 for Koch, it was 1-2 and he had to chase the elevated fastball.

runninhog

Can't let too many of those types of opportunities go by against LSU.

TebowHater

JHicks3636

For LoSer U in the 3rd

7. Jordan     .289
8. Papierski  .255
9. Watson    .318

onebadrubi

As mentioned, that second strike to Koch was just a bad call and even announcers said so nicely.  It was inside the chalk of the right handed batters box for people not watching.

bulldog04

I expect us to be more aggressive on first pitch the rest of the game

Razorback7281

Huge difference in a 2-1 count vs the 1-2 count after the ball inside is called a strike.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

:razorback:                                                                          

0          Top 3rd                  0                   
                1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
LSU      0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
ARK      0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

TNhawgfan

YtownHog

Pitchers don't normally get rewarded for missing spots bad.  This one has been multiple times.

CJ HOG

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 28, 2017, 02:36:42 pm
That strike which was on the white of the batter's box killed that inning for us.  We better get that pitch today.  Instead of it being 2-1 for Koch, it was 1-2 and he had to chase the elevated fastball.
Yeah right...you gotta wear purple to get that zone, I guarantee ya.

SPAL

You know we won't.

ucahogfan

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on May 28, 2017, 02:37:44 pm
Afraid that inning will come back to haunt us. Terrible about by koch. You have to put it in play.
How was it terrible?  The ump made a horrendous strike call which changed the entire AB for him.  Hard to overcome that.

MissippHog

This.  If he's going to call that, fine.  Just make sure to call it both ways.

JHicks3636

Jordan 0-1 swinging, 0-2 swinging, 1-2 on a ball in the dirt, grounds out to 1B unassisted

ronmahony

Yeah they also called a low pitch a ball when we threw it, the exact same pitch was a strike when they threw it.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

ucahogfan

Quote from: MissippHog on May 28, 2017, 02:39:02 pm
This.  If he's going to call that, fine.  Just make sure to call it both ways.
Yeah, as long as it goes both ways, I'm good with the zone.  Now if it all LSU, I'll complain big time.

HamIAm

JHicks3636

Papierski who has the game's strangest name, takes strike 1, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2 swinging, foul, flies out to center(just short of the track)

JHicks3636

Watson, the last batter in the LSU order, takes ball 1, hot shot to 3B is fielded and the inning ends

0-0 after 2 1/2

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

:razorback:

0          Bot 3rd                  0                   
                1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
LSU      0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
ARK      0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

SPAL

Gotta good one here boys....

Tigers and Hogs in the finals as it should be.

HamIAm

According to the announcer "he can fly."  Maybe, but Tanner English would have beat that out.

CJ HOG

TNhawgfan

Just flipped over to ESPN2 to check on that game. Anybody else still hate FSU and their old geezer besides me?

JHicks3636

Arledge fouls off the first pitch, 0-2 looking, foul, strikes out swinging

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: TNhawgfan on May 28, 2017, 02:45:29 pm
Just flipped over to ESPN2 to check on that game. Anybody else still hate FSU and their old geezer besides me?
I was thinking yesterday that our team this year reminds me of vintage FSU teams.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

CJ HOG

Can't believe it...they let a young Hog fan announce Arledge as the batter. Good deal.

TebowHater

JHicks3636

Cole starts the second time through the order and is 0-1, takes a strike, 1-1, Homerun

1-0 Arkansas

ucahogfan

Attaboy Cole!  Sent that one for a ride.  The 80th time the Hogs have done that this year.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

SPAL

trippigs

TNhawgfan

TebowHater

Just imagine if Koch would wake up and Lee was in the line up...boy oh boy

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Knot2brite

I wonder if the jackass on tiger drippings who was competing Baum to a bandbox when Cole hit a bomb against LSU is bitching about Hoover being a bandbox
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!