Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SECT GM 14, #4 ARK (40-16,18-11 SEC)#5 MSU(36-23,17-14)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 26, 2017, 02:51:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BroyledNutts

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 26, 2017, 03:30:56 pm
I am so ready for some baseball.

Hope you have your axe sharpened and within reach ...

HogFansReunited

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 26, 2017, 03:46:16 pm

Agree, they are coming out in droves.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

southarkhog06

hopefully it is not needed because we have a comfortable lead all night.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Bogghawg on May 26, 2017, 03:44:00 pm
These discussions about pitching and how it will affect regionals come up every year and underscores to me how stupid this elaborate drawn out conference tourney format is.  If we must have one it should be single elimination and leave the conference teams a lot more rested and in better positions to do the conference proud in the NCAAs.

Completely agree. The SEC must change this to single elimination so teams don't burn their arms.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

hawg1221

SPAL

I'll be swinging it like spanberger...a span hammer.

SPAL

I'm not good with code like ARKANSAS and I'm not the friendliest guy like Raz#1...those guys carry these threads. My job, as it has always been, is to keep the nonsense to a minimum, make sure the discussion is civil, and to maintain the high standards that Wilson and you guys place on this board. It would be much easier to let it be a free for all, but I think we deserve better. Baseball is a game where people fail most of the game, but it's the team who can withstand 9 innings of failure the most that usually wins.

When you think about baseball....and you think about the passion of Hog fans, it's amazing to me that we can have any sort of civil discussion. That's a testament to the awesome people who post here.

JHicks3636

We suck!!!
We won't win 10 games this year!!!
The only reason we'll be 7th in the division this year is because it doesn't have an 8th!!!
It's not hitting 10 homeruns I'm worried about; it's just hitting 10 balls out of the infield for the season.
Any time our pitchers record an out, we should give them a standing "O" because it won't happen often.
Minnie Mendoza would have led this team in batting average!!!
We'd do better without a coach. At least we would save the salary!!!
We need to tear down 9/10ths of the stadium because we won't draw enough fans to fill up a bathroom.
I'm counting rain outs as win because it will probably be the only way we get one.
Any other sport on campus could field a team and beat us(including women's teams).

Just practicing in case I go to the Dark Side.

reptilehog

Like the sense of humor there.  Ready to watch some baseball.

swineology

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 26, 2017, 04:10:29 pm
I'll be swinging it like spanberger...a span hammer.

Let's go ahead and lose this game and get ready for the regionals

Amirite
;D

Knot2brite

We have to keep a good approach at the plate tonight. Last night was great but that was last night and auburn got caught running into a buzz saw. We have a outstanding pitcher going up against probably a 3/midweek guy ( I didn't check who they were throwing before I posted) and that means a lot. Play good defense because BK is probably going to fill the zone up with strikes and get the timely hits. Let tomorrow take care of itself and just win. If we don't....then get ready to go wherever they send us because I don't think we will host if we lose. It is what it is.....just win
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

gmarv

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 26, 2017, 04:22:32 pm
We suck!!!
The only reason we'll be 7th in the division this year is because it doesn't have an 8th!!!
It's not hitting 10 homeruns I'm worried about; it's just hitting 10 balls out of the infield for the season.
Any time our pitchers record an out, we should give them a standing "O" because it won't happen often.
We need to tear down 9/10ths of the stadium because we won't draw enough fans to fill up a bathroom.
I'm counting rain outs as win because it will probably be the only way we get one.
Any other sport on campus could field a team and beat us(including women's teams).

Are you moving over to the basketball forum ??? Ya would fit right in.

JHicks3636

I say we forget about playing the game and just match Spanberger against Rooker in a homerun hitting contest. Throw each of them 50 strikes and the one with the most homers advances. This would save both pitching staffs.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 26, 2017, 04:19:35 pm
I'm not good with code like ARKANSAS and I'm not the friendliest guy like Raz#1...those guys carry these threads. My job, as it has always been, is to keep the nonsense to a minimum, make sure the discussion is civil, and to maintain the high standards that Wilson and you guys place on this board. It would be much easier to let it be a free for all, but I think we deserve better. Baseball is a game where people fail most of the game, but it's the team who can withstand 9 innings of failure the most that usually wins.

When you think about baseball....and you think about the passion of Hog fans, it's amazing to me that we can have any sort of civil discussion. That's a testament to the awesome people who post here.
Well said SPAL.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Bogghawg

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 26, 2017, 05:21:37 pm
If you think about it, there's an argument to be made that losing early yesterday can wind up being better for the Hogs in the long run. Not only did they make history and headlines last night and come into tonight's game with some momentum, they're playing a team that's already played today while the Hogs got to sit back and relax. By losing first and then winning, it spaces out the games more so than winning and then losing.
Was thinking the same, but wasn't sure if it was all wet.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Razorbacks#1

We suck!!!

Dayumm JHicks, that is good! :)
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

artyhog

The Hogs just need to relaz and do what they know they can do.  No errors.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 26, 2017, 05:10:06 pm
I say we forget about playing the game and just match Spanberger against Rooker in a homerun hitting contest. Throw each of them 50 strikes and the one with the most homers advances. This would save both pitching staffs.

Sounds good to me.

Member #3568

CJ HOG

Bogghawg

MissST just announced Jacob Billingsly will be their starter.  What do we know about him?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Bogghawg on May 26, 2017, 05:57:21 pm
MissST just announced Jacob Billingsly will be their starter.  What do we know about him?

http://www.hailstate.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4074

Only 10 innings pitched for the season. Given up 10 hits and 2 runs.

Edit: Sorry those are last year's stats.

This year he has pitched 38 innings and given up 32 hits, and 23 runs. He has a 5.12 ERA

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

Bogghawg

Rooker went 0-5 this morning.  Odds are that he'll do better tonight.  I am confident we can outscore him, no matter.

Bogghawg

SPAL

Enjoys long walks on the beach, riding horses, giving up big bombs to guys named Chad.

CJ HOG

era    w-l    app-gs  ip       h      r    er    bb so  b/avg    wp hbp
5.12  1-2   13-10   38.2    32  23    22  28  42  .229      7     7         

Off MSU website.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 26, 2017, 06:15:55 pm
Enjoys long walks on the beach, riding horses, giving up big bombs to guys named Chad.

Sounds like my type of guy, know if he is single?

Member #3568

SPAL

Did I miss it said or has someone already announced we are throwing Blaine Knight.

Knot2brite

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 26, 2017, 06:15:55 pm
I don't want to hear anything about the beach...I am in the process of being dragged to the beach right now and I hate the beach with a passion of ten suns ....but while the Hogs play the wife drives do I can see the game...that was part of the deal

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Quote from: Knot2brite on May 26, 2017, 06:18:20 pm
I don't want to hear anything about the beach...I am in the process of being dragged to the beach right now and I hate the beach with a passion of ten suns ....but while the Hogs play the wife drives do I can see the game...that was part of the deal

If you had Sirius you could listen on the SEC PBP station. Ask her if you can please get it.

Knot2brite

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 26, 2017, 06:19:34 pm
If you had Sirius you could listen on the SEC PBP station. Ask her if you can please get it.
I have espn app on the phone so I can watch it....

SPAL

We are throwing knight. I just didn't know if anybody has mentioned it.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 26, 2017, 06:19:34 pm

If he has the ESPN app, he can watch it on his phone.

Member #3568

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Heard this has been going on non stop since C-Span arrived at the park this evening.

JHicks3636

I hope we don't start before I finish this Godzilla movie I'm watching

Knot2brite

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 26, 2017, 06:23:46 pm
I hope we don't start before I finish this Godzilla movie I'm watching
New version or the 60's/70's version?

JHicks3636

runninhog

Wife is mad, because we're not going out. We better win, 'cause I'm catching hell.

SPAL

I just started the star wars saga....should be through episode 6 by the time our game starts.

Knot2brite

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 26, 2017, 06:25:38 pm
1995- Godzilla v. Destoroyah
Eh.....it's ok....I can watch it...the new stuff...can't watch

HogFansReunited

Quote from: runninhog on May 26, 2017, 06:27:54 pm
Wife is mad, because we're not going out. We better win, 'cause I'm catching hell.

Tell her your hungry and need a sandwich. That usually calms them down.

Member #3568

woodrow hog call

We suck!!!

Don't forget about "it's obvious we don't want be here", that's been thrown out there earlier.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

JHicks3636

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 26, 2017, 06:29:11 pm
Tell her your hungry and need a sandwich. That usually calms them down.

Don't forget the beer

Knot2brite

Quote from: runninhog on May 26, 2017, 06:27:54 pm
Tell her she looks really hot when she is mad...compliments makes them docile

ricepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 26, 2017, 06:21:41 pm
We are throwing knight. I just didn't know if anybody has mentioned it.

Nope, but thanks for letting us know. Getting good info is pretty hard around here, be a good place for a message board.

ricepig

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 26, 2017, 06:31:00 pm
Don't forget the beer

I usually tell her to grab one for herself while she's in there, she doesn't drink beer, so I get two out of the deal.