Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 SEC BASEBALL TOURNAMENT - NON RAZORBACK GAMES

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 22, 2017, 05:20:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

CJ HOG

Quote from: Bogghawg on May 26, 2017, 01:26:45 pm
Would like Florida to tie this up and then have it go about 15 innings.
May happen, Fla. only down 3-2 with bases loaded and 1 out in the 8th atm.

Bogghawg

It would be best to face MSU tonight.  They are even more out of pitching than we are and beating them for the 4th time in 5 tries would shut up anyone that thinks they might should host ahead of us.  After that it wouldn't really mater what happened with us tomorrow.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Razorback7281

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

southarkhog06

Some guy named Maldonado with the worst ab I have seen this year.

tucsonhogfan

Quote from: Bogghawg on May 26, 2017, 01:26:45 pm
Would like Florida to tie this up and then have it go about 15 innings.

Agree 100%

TNhawgfan

Razorback7281

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 26, 2017, 01:41:56 pm
We would have to beat UF twice to make it to the Finals though, right? If that's the case, it might be better for MSU to win. Sure, we'd have to beat UF tonight, but they've got a couple of injuries today and having to beat them once after the already playing would be better than having to twice in the same day. We swept MSU earlier and they got all the right bounces to beat us yesterday. With their bullpen being depleted, we'd have a better shot beating them twice in a row.
No tomorrow is single elimination regardless.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.

TNhawgfan

Bogghawg

SEC ESPN announcers agree with our take on who is more negatively affected by having to play again tonight.

CJ HOG

Quote from: TNhawgfan on May 26, 2017, 01:44:32 pm
Sucks to blow a game late doesn't it MSU
Hopefully they don't bounce back tonight like the Hogs did yesterday, instead they just lay down and bleed out!

southarkhog06

Well State, you live by the crazy bullpen meltdown you die by the crazy bullpen meltdown.

Bogghawg

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

5-3 Gators in Top of 8th with 2 outs and runners on 2b and 3b.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Razorback7281

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 26, 2017, 01:44:22 pm
Ahhh, okay thanks! Well in that case, hopefully they go extras and UF pulls it out.
Few years ago Arkansas got the short end of the stick on this.  Won the first 2 games then got beat by LSU in the Saturday semifinal game and were eliminated with only one loss.

TNhawgfan

Kevin

wonder who state will throw
3rd game in a little over 24 hours
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jst01

Quote from: Kevin on May 26, 2017, 01:54:29 pm

They will have to just piece it together I guess. Hoping Hogs jump on them early and put up a couple 1st inning runs to make them sweat and lose all confidence.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Kevin on May 26, 2017, 01:54:29 pm
the equipment manager.

Hog-Corleone

8-3 Florida now, 2-out runners on the corners...

Runners on 2nd and 3rd, as runner on first steals...

Walk, bases juiced....again...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

TNhawgfan

Florida does nada for 7, and then puts up 8 (so far) in the 8th

Razorback7281

Find a gap here and Florida could go from on the verge of a loss to winning in a run rule.

HamIAm

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious MSU is out of pitching.

TNhawgfan

Hog-Corleone

bases cleared with a double off the wall...11-3...

southarkhog06

tennesseehogwild

Wow!!!!!!!!! And I thought the Hogs imploded yesterday morning!

Bogghawg

This is a melt down of biblical proportions.  Two more runs and there might not even be a 9th inning in this thing.

Razorback7281

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 26, 2017, 02:03:21 pm
Keep using arms State, keep using arms.
They ran out of arms 4 pitchers ago.  They are just rolling warm bodies out there now.

Hog-Corleone

This should eat up some pitchers for our game tonight....maybe...hopefully...

tennesseehogwild

oldrazorband

Quote from: Bogghawg on May 26, 2017, 02:03:38 pm
This is a melt down of biblical proportions.  Two more runs and there might not even be a 9th inning in this thing.

I was thinking meltdown of Razorback proportions.  LSU style.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

11 run Florida 8th inning in a 40 minute .5 inning.

TNhawgfan

Serious question : these two teams have been showing such passion today, so why did our dugout look like they were watching a cooking show yesterday?

HamIAm

Quote from: TNhawgfan on May 26, 2017, 02:08:18 pm
Serious question : these two teams have been showing such passion today, so why did our dugout look like they were watching a cooking show yesterday?

You don't have to jump up and down and yell to be intense or passionate about the game

CJ HOG

WOW...MSU pitchers in the 8th inning alone:

68 Total Pitches
31 Balls
37 Strikes

That's 4-5 innngs of pitches right there.

southarkhog06

Quote from: HamIAm on May 26, 2017, 02:09:55 pm
You don't have to jump up and down and yell to be intense or passionate about the game
they also had been playing or prepping for a game since around 730 that morning.

Razorback7281

Florida looks to have put in a little used reliever in order to save their better guys.  First 2 state batters have reaches and he's all over the place.

southarkhog06

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 26, 2017, 02:10:55 pm

68 Total Pitches
31 Balls
37 Strikes

now how about State come back to tie it then go about 18 innings.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 26, 2017, 02:13:40 pm
they also had been playing or prepping for a game since around 730 that morning.
Good answer. I really hadn't thought of that

Razorback7281

Now a walk.  Bases juice no outs.  O'sullivan is pissed

CJ HOG

Gators bring in there Closer for the final 6 outs. 10 saves on the season

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 26, 2017, 02:17:31 pm
Gators bring in there Closer for the final 6 outs. 10 saves on the season
Holy cow! Step away for an hour for a meeting and Florida brings down the hammer.  Hopefully this will break MSST's back.

-phil

jry04

Quote from: TNhawgfan on May 26, 2017, 01:07:30 pm
I'm not rooting for Florida. It's setting up for MSU to go farther than us in the tournament, and then the talking heads start with the MSU should host talk
Why would rooting for UF set up MSU to go farther than us?

southarkhog06

Looks like they are throw thier closer for 2 innings so he shouldn't be available tomorrow.

Razorback7281

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 26, 2017, 02:23:47 pm
Looks like they are throw thier closer for 2 innings so he shouldn't be available tomorrow.
With an 8 run lead.  That's why O'Sulliven was so hacked at the reliever who didn't get an out.

rljjr

I would think the crushing sense of loss for MSU with an 11-run 8th inning for Florida will be advantage Hogs. It's almost exactly like the Hogs yesterday, but ours was a 1-run loss where we didn't hit the ball well. MSU hit pretty well in this game, got a tremendous outing from their starting pitcher, and their bullpen completely disintegrated.
Oh, and if any of you guys find the old timer yelling, "hurry up, pitcher!" please sit next to him and shout him down every time he opens his mouth.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: CJ HOG on May 26, 2017, 02:10:55 pm

68 Total Pitches
31 Balls
37 Strikes

And, that was just for 1/2 inning. Took 40 minutes.

southarkhog06

Quote from: rljjr on May 26, 2017, 02:27:50 pm
I would think the crushing sense of loss for MSU with an 11-run 8th inning for Florida will be advantage Hogs. It's almost exactly like the Hogs yesterday, but ours was a 1-run loss where we didn't hit the ball well. MSU hit pretty well in this game, got a tremendous outing from their starting pitcher, and their bullpen completely disintegrated.
Oh, and if any of you guys find the old timer yelling, "hurry up, pitcher!" please sit next to him and shout him down every time he opens his mouth.
I think the bigger advantage will be having a weekend starter available while State has the equipment manager and a few reserve infielders left.