• 377,734 Topics
• 21,008 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: CBB... #7 on Coaches Hot Seat  (Read 9451 times)

code red

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
Re: CBB... #7 on Coaches Hot Seat
« Reply #500 on: May 17, 2017, 01:16:10 pm »

I know you have a problem with anything but strictly linear thinking, but I'll try to help.

1. This is the deepest talent pool we've had, at least since Danny Ford.  Probably ever.  What we seem to lack, at the moment, is the one or two sublime talents to put us over the top.  No Matt Jones or DMac, so far.

2. Even though we have a solid depth of talent, there isn't a lot of experience.  Couple that with a shift in D scheme, and people don't know what to expect.  Therefore, most prognosticators are being very careful, based on last season.

3. We play in the SEC West.  We could improve 50-fold and still end up 3rd or 4th in the division.  You do realize the other teams don't stay static, right?

4. Historically, since integration, we are a 7 win football team.  We've outperformed that for a year or two here and there, but we tend to return to the norm pretty quickly.  Same for underperforming.  Reporters don't stick their necks out on these things, and sports books use historical models as one of their primary means of projecting a season.

We are recruiting better.  But not so much better that a major jump can be predicted.  It will happen, probably soon.  But no one with actual skin in the game is going to bet on it.  And when it does, we'll be primed to take the next step.  It works like this, for schools like Arkansas:

1. Learn to win consistently and get in the game against the big boys.
2. Recruiting uptick.
3. Breakout Year in or around years 5-8.
4. Recruiting Uptick.
5. Consistency in the top 10.
6. Recruiting uptick.
7. Hit the big time (playoffs, BCS, Conference championships, etc)
8. Ride the wave until major change happens (Coach leaves, is fired, etc.)

I'd say we are currently somewhere in step 3.  I believe we will see a breakout year in the next two, based on looking at the success trajectory of other, similar programs (Michigan State, Stanford).

I know I'm going to get roasted by the impatient children, Bielema and Long haters, and the football ignorant on the board.  But i's not hard to research this and see it work in other places.  Sadly, most don't have the patience for this type of build, and it will likely fail due to the pressure from people who think winning is just a plug and play thing.
Politely saying.  The post said....Petrino didn't care about recruiting....which is debatable but, its about wins.  Petrino got em....CBB success has not come...for whatever reason.  These kids may have stars by their name but it is not transitioning to the field.  Period.  When LSU houses you at home and you are beat after the first play in the Plains....there is a problem...that problem still exists.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #501 on: May 17, 2017, 01:16:40 pm »

So they were good at one time?  Ah got it.

That kind of negates the excuse of what "Beilema had to inherit" doesn't it?

Are you comparing the history of Alabama football, to ours?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #502 on: May 17, 2017, 01:17:08 pm »

Eastex, I saw your urban Meyer post.  Did you realize you were proving my point? 

In fact, your entire response to me proves my point.  "Let's list 6-8 of the greatest coaches in history as proof that the norm is for a new coach to immediately turn a program around."

Unless your argument is that we should fire every coach who doesn't make a huge turnaround in the first two seasons and start over.  In which case you are a moron.

You have made one fallacious "point" after another that has been easily and systematically shot down, so now you are resorting to name calling.  You must have been the star of your debate team, right?

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #503 on: May 17, 2017, 01:18:05 pm »

Politely saying.  The post said....Petrino didn't care about recruiting....which is debatable but, its about wins.  Petrino got em....CBB success has not come...for whatever reason.  These kids may have stars by their name but it is not transitioning to the field.  Period.  When LSU houses you at home and you are beat after the first play in the Plains....there is a problem...that problem still exists.

We housed LSU at their place the year before, so the problem was fixed that day, correct?

Deep Shoat

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #504 on: May 17, 2017, 01:18:06 pm »

It's like we have a board full of Corky.

Deep Shoat

« Reply #505 on: May 17, 2017, 01:21:00 pm »

You have made one fallacious "point" after another that has been easily and systematically shot down, so now you are resorting to name calling.  You must have been the star of your debate team, right?
I'm only "name calling" if that is, in fact, your argument.  As to being easily shot down?  You've proved my point at every turn.  Blue blood programs and top coaches of all time have the ability to turn programs quickly.  Everyone else needs to build and be patient.

Are you suggesting we just keep firing coaches until we find the next Nick or Urban?

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #506 on: May 17, 2017, 01:21:23 pm »

LSU was 4-7 and 3-8 the last two seasons before Saban got there and Bama was 46-40 overall, with three losing seasons and another at .500, in the decade of the 2000s before he went to Tuscaloosa. 

Apparently even the "historically great" programs aren't very good when they don't have great coaches.  Who'd a thunk it?

Then I don't think you could put Arkansas in the "historically great" since joining the SEC, do you?

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #507 on: May 17, 2017, 01:21:39 pm »

With Bielema's buyout there's not enough money for him to be on any hot seat

But if my powerball numbers ever hit.....

code red

« Reply #508 on: May 17, 2017, 01:23:30 pm »

We housed LSU at their place the year before, so the problem was fixed that day, correct?
He got out coached by Orgeron for goodness sake I fail to see how 2 yrs ago applies to our problems at this point and time.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #509 on: May 17, 2017, 01:23:31 pm »

But if my powerball numbers ever hit.....

Would absolutely do nothing......

hogcard1964

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #510 on: May 17, 2017, 01:23:38 pm »

No

I'm comparing the level of suck at Alabama before Saban arrived there to our level of suck in 2012.

bkjbearcat

• Varsity
« Reply #511 on: May 17, 2017, 01:24:44 pm »

LSU was 4-7 and 3-8 the last two seasons before Saban got there and Bama was 46-40 overall, with three losing seasons and another at .500, in the decade of the 2000s before he went to Tuscaloosa. 

Apparently even the "historically great" programs aren't very good when they don't have great coaches.  Who'd a thunk it?

After Gene Stallings and Pre Saban these were AL's HC's excluding interim. Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price (Didn't coach a game) and Mike Shula.

At Oklahoma post Barry and pre Stoops the Sooners had  Gary Gibbs, Howard Schnellenberger and John Blake.

Maybe your theory is sound.

jkstock04

« Reply #512 on: May 17, 2017, 01:30:08 pm »

It's like we have a board full of Corky.
Lol...you should try the politics board out sometime and see what they think of your brand of political correctness.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #513 on: May 17, 2017, 01:45:03 pm »

Would absolutely do nothing......

If I offered to pay off the NEZ expansion and matched that amount with a $160M gift to the college surely that would get me somewhere. If anything I could have Bielema MC my daughter's 21st birthday party..... that kind of dough should score me plenty of good one-liners.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #514 on: May 17, 2017, 01:48:48 pm »

If I offered to pay off the NEZ expansion and matched that amount with a $160M gift to the college surely that would get me somewhere. If anything I could have Bielema MC my daughter's 21st birthday party..... that kind of dough should score me plenty of good one-liners.

I guess you plan on hitting it when it pays $500m+ after taxes, good luck!

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #515 on: May 17, 2017, 01:51:08 pm »

I'm only "name calling" if that is, in fact, your argument.  As to being easily shot down?  You've proved my point at every turn.  Blue blood programs and top coaches of all time have the ability to turn programs quickly.  Everyone else needs to build and be patient.

Are you suggesting we just keep firing coaches until we find the next Nick or Urban?

We were 10-3 and 11-2 within this decade and we didn't have Nick, Urban, or Pete Carroll either of those years.

I only scratched the surface with my list of coaches.  Check out what Bob Stoops has done at Oklahoma vs. what had been going on there before his arrival.  Jim Harbaugh and Stanford.  Art Briles at both Houston and Baylor.

Why don't you just come out and say it?  "I don't think we should expect to be very good and neither should any of you"?

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Future Global Moderator Now Posting Cautiously!
« Reply #516 on: May 17, 2017, 01:54:04 pm »

They had won 12 National Championships, before his arrival.

In the years prior to Saban's arrival at Bama, they were not very good under Mike Shula. The year before Saban's arrival, they lost in Tuscaloosa to Miss State.. Between the time of the Bear's departure and Saban's arrival I believe they won very few national titles. they were desperate to get back to what they were under the Bear and that's why they offered Saban a massive amount of money to take the job.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:04:17 pm by GuvHog »

hogcard1964

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #517 on: May 17, 2017, 01:58:05 pm »

Aren't the Razorbacks historically a "top program"?  Aren't we consistently ranked in or near the all time top 20-25 programs of all time?  You're almost acting like we're worse historically, than we actually are?  Aren't we a bit better than schools like Wisconsin, Oregon, Texas A & M, Stanford...???????? 

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm feeling borderline erotic
« Reply #518 on: May 17, 2017, 02:00:51 pm »

In the years prior to Saban's arrival at Bama, they were not very good under Mike Debose. The year before Saban's arrival, they lost in Tuscaloosa to Miss State.. Between the time of the Bear's departure and Saban's arrival I believe they won very few national titles. they were desperate to get back to what they were under the Bear and that's why they offered Saban a massive amount of money to take the job.

Ding, Ding...you said Bear. Bama had an enourmous amount of tradition that Debose & Co. couldnt erase with a handful of average seasons- Saban is adding to an already legendary program...

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #519 on: May 17, 2017, 02:03:03 pm »

I guess you plan on hitting it when it pays $500m+ after taxes, good luck!

I dream big....

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #520 on: May 17, 2017, 02:10:55 pm »

We were 10-3 and 11-2 within this decade and we didn't have Nick, Urban, or Pete Carroll either of those years.

I only scratched the surface with my list of coaches.  Check out what Bob Stoops has done at Oklahoma vs. what had been going on there before his arrival.  Jim Harbaugh and Stanford.  Art Briles at both Houston and Baylor.

Why don't you just come out and say it?  "I don't think we should expect to be very good and neither should any of you"?

EastexHawg, you are trying to reason with a guy who seriously believes finishing #12 in the nation and #5 in the nation in back to back years is doing nothing, for cryin' out loud.   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Keep trying if you want but he won't listen. (Shakes head)

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #521 on: May 17, 2017, 02:14:10 pm »

Ding, Ding...you said Bear. Bama had an enourmous amount of tradition that Debose & Co. couldnt erase with a handful of average seasons- Saban is adding to an already legendary program...

It stopped being legendary the day Bear retired. Saban made it legendary again.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #522 on: May 17, 2017, 02:31:09 pm »

It stopped being legendary the day Bear retired. Saban made it legendary again.

Stallings was 70-16-1, they won the West every year except 1995, when we did when they were on probation.

Deep Shoat

« Reply #523 on: May 17, 2017, 02:44:28 pm »

You didn't answer my question.

And I DO expect us to be good.  I can just look at the last 50 years and see that your way is a fail.  Seriously, should we fire Bielema and hire whoever your best up-and-comer is?  Then, if he doesn't produce in 2 years, fire him and hire the next one?  Should we just continue that until we hit on the next big thing?  Because, if that ISN'T what you are advocating, then you have nothing.  Firing Bielema won't make us miraculously better.

Or do you just want us to rehire Bobby?  Because he hasn't really done much since he left.

Oh, and as for you Guv, just shut up.  Your make believe world where Houston Nutt was a great coach and Bobby wasn't offered a chance to stay and CBB wasn't guaranteed 6 years can kiss my behind.  Eastex is wrong, but at least his points make sense.

code red

« Reply #524 on: May 17, 2017, 02:59:35 pm »

Nobody is saying fire him now.  5-7 is a possibility next year and in year 5 is unacceptable.  Heck, to even utter 5-7 year 5 is unacceptable....IMHO.  We MUST roll TCU or it will start to unravel.

MemphisBossHog

« Reply #525 on: May 17, 2017, 05:14:05 pm »

SEC West has 3 coaches in the Top 7.

Got to admit Coach B's numbers do look bad - but hopefully those start turning around this year.
I was glad to see the blog mention the absolutely ridiculous buyout, though.
I thought BB was doing just fine until the end of last season.  To lose to Missouri the way we did and then to flat out choke the bowl game away against a quality opponent really left a bad taste in my mouth.  We ended up 7-6 after the bowl debacle and should have finished 9-4.  Those 2 games and the way they lost them really hurt.  Really hurt. 

I really hope he has some kind of magic that will help him guide the team to a decent record this coming season, cause if he follows up those to year ending losses with a mediocre to sub .500 season, I just dont know if he will be able to get things done at Ark.

He is trying to be Alabama (loose comparison I know) with way way way less talent.  Petrino was an offensive genius play caller.  I dont want to say gimmick but he made teams have to prepare differently for his offense.  BB simply wants to line up and run the ball down your throat and play tough defense. Throw in some play action passes here and there. Thats great if you have the hosses but if you dont, you get manhandled like Bama, LSU and Auburn did to us last year or you run out of gas and cant hold a lead like against T A$M.

He brought in Dan Enos to diversify the offense somewhat, but we know what BB's core beliefs about football are and unfortunately you need size, speed and talent to pull it off in the SEC.  Heck, if he ran the wishbone or something like Ga Tech does, at least teams would have to do something different than what they are used to doing when they play us.  But when Bama or LSU or Auburn play us, they simply have more size, speed and talent and its evident.  Im not saying run the wishbone or triple option or the run and shoot or whatever.  Im just saying that implementing BB's way of football in the SEC is tough when you consistently get the 9th thru 12th best recruiting class in the conference year in and year out.  The difference in depth of talent, size, speed between Ark and Bama, LSU, Auburn, T A$M is vast and it shows.

So BB could very well be on the hotseat if he falters this coming season.

HamSammich

• Senior
  • Sports huh?
« Reply #526 on: May 17, 2017, 07:08:53 pm »

I've enjoyed this.... 99 percent of you are one extreme or the other.

There is a simple fact in business.... has your ass produced or not?

Except this is a college sport and not a business. Which I guess is good because it would be in chapter 11 if it was the latter.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #527 on: May 18, 2017, 08:20:40 am »

And I DO expect us to be good.  I can just look at the last 50 years and see that your way is a fail.  Seriously, should we fire Bielema and hire whoever your best up-and-comer is?  Then, if he doesn't produce in 2 years, fire him and hire the next one?  Should we just continue that until we hit on the next big thing?  Because, if that ISN'T what you are advocating, then you have nothing.  Firing Bielema won't make us miraculously better.

Or do you just want us to rehire Bobby?  Because he hasn't really done much since he left.

Oh, and as for you Guv, just shut up.  Your make believe world where Houston Nutt was a great coach and Bobby wasn't offered a chance to stay and CBB wasn't guaranteed 6 years can kiss my behind.  Eastex is wrong, but at least his points make sense.

Houston Nutt is most certainly NOT even a good coach much less a great one. Where you got that I said that, I don't know. I wanted the guy gone after his last loss to Tennessee in 2007.

As for Bobby Petrino, I suggest that you check the transcript of the press conference where Jeff Long announced his termination. Jeff Long was specifically asked if Bobby staying at Arkansas was ever an option and he said no, no terms for his staying were ever discussed.

Eastex nailed you to the wall and you don't even realize it.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #528 on: May 18, 2017, 08:37:49 am »

Houston Nutt is most certainly NOT even a good coach much less a great one. Where you got that I said that, I don't know. I wanted the guy gone after his last loss to Tennessee in 2007.

As for Bobby Petrino, I suggest that you check the transcript of the press conference where Jeff Long announced his termination. Jeff Long was specifically asked if Bobby staying at Arkansas was ever an option and he said no, no terms for his staying were ever discussed.

Eastex nailed you to the wall and you don't even realize it.
This was around the 10 minit mark of JL's PC.Everyone there that day or knew anyone there that day knows its a direct lie.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #529 on: May 18, 2017, 09:00:45 am »

This was around the 10 minit mark of JL's PC.Everyone there that day or knew anyone there that day knows its a direct lie.

Kinda like Jeff didn't have a clue about Jessica..... yeah riiiiight.

BigE_23

• Senior
« Reply #530 on: May 18, 2017, 09:14:55 am »

Question starts at 9:30 to be exact...

RazorWest

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #531 on: May 18, 2017, 09:36:42 am »

Based on the last couple of years, he has a lot of company.

SEC-W Records 2015-2016.

CBB 8-8
Freeze 8-8
Sumlin 8-8
Mullen 7-9
Malzahn 7-9
This is why the SEC west is no longer the best.  A bunch of crappy coaches
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 09:58:47 am by RazorWest »

LR54

• Senior
« Reply #532 on: May 18, 2017, 10:53:54 am »

This is why the SEC west is no longer the best.  A bunch of crappy coaches

Guess that depends on your definition of crappy.

Freeze - 2 wins over Bama and one play away from winning the SEC-W and likely making the CFP.

Sumlin - Considered one of the hottest "up and comers" in the country when he was hired from Houston. Beat Bama his first year in the SEC.

Mullen - 2 NC rings as OC at Florida. Had MS St. ranked #1 during 2014 season.

Malzahn - 1 NC ring as OC at Auburn. Won SEC his first year as HC and played for NC.

I kinda doubt there are very many schools from other conferences that would want to play these guys every week.

RazorWest

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #533 on: May 18, 2017, 10:59:06 am »

Freeze - 2 wins over Bama and one play away from winning the SEC-W and likely making the CFP.

Sumlin - Considered one of the hottest "up and comers" in the country when he was hired from Houston. Beat Bama his first year in the SEC.

Malzahn - 1 NC ring as OC at Auburn. Won SEC his first year as HC and played for NC.

I kinda doubt there are very many schools from other conferences that would want to play these guys every week.

Who would you want coaching the hogs out of them?  Malzahn might make sense.  Others, no way. 

BigE_23

• Senior
« Reply #534 on: May 18, 2017, 11:04:00 am »

Exactly...those records only indicate how good the West actually is. Which is why we need to be able to have confidence that our coach can navigate it.

bkjbearcat

• Varsity
« Reply #535 on: May 18, 2017, 11:20:32 am »

Didn't his QB just win the Heisman? Don't most HC's put that as a feather in their cap?

LR54

• Senior
« Reply #536 on: May 18, 2017, 12:07:34 pm »

Who would you want coaching the hogs out of them?  Malzahn might make sense.  Others, no way.

For building a solid program at Arkansas? I wouldn't trade any of 'em for CBB.

For winning any single game? Any of them is probably capable.

Isn't it interesting that every one of these guys was considered a "hot" up and comer with trendy, high powered offenses, when they were hired?

LR54

• Senior
« Reply #537 on: May 18, 2017, 12:17:38 pm »

Exactly...those records only indicate how good the West actually is. Which is why we need to be able to have confidence that our coach can navigate it.

It occurs to me that every fan base in the West, other than Bama's, is worried about the same thing.

They all have some great wins, some inexplicable losses to lesser teams, some unexpected and confusing setbacks.

It's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #538 on: May 18, 2017, 12:39:17 pm »

Mullen is the only one.

wachhog

• Senior
« Reply #539 on: May 18, 2017, 06:15:06 pm »

Well, I can understand LSU housing their visiting opponent.  But where did we house LSU, the home team, in Baton Rouge? Did we pitch tents for them in our hotel's parking.lot?

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #540 on: May 18, 2017, 06:18:44 pm »

Well, I can understand LSU housing their visiting opponent.  But where did we house LSU, the home team, in Baton Rouge? Did we pitch tents for them in our hotel's parking.lot?

I don't know, you'll have to ask Code where this took place.....

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #541 on: May 18, 2017, 06:24:38 pm »

He got out coached by Orgeron for goodness sake I fail to see how 2 yrs ago applies to our problems at this point and time.

I'm not going to argue that Orgeron is a great coach or some X and O genius but a couple other teams got "out coached" by him last season.  One in particular was coached by a supposed offensive genius and had the heisman winner at QB.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:44:36 am by factchecker »

hogcard1964

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #542 on: May 19, 2017, 08:38:39 am »

For building a solid program at Arkansas? I wouldn't trade any of 'em for CBB.

For winning any single game? Any of them is probably capable.

Isn't it interesting that every one of these guys was considered a "hot" up and comer with trendy, high powered offenses, when they were hired?

You should ask their alumni if they'd trade any of their coaches for Bielema.  I don't think you'd like the answers.

LR54

• Senior
« Reply #543 on: May 19, 2017, 10:01:15 am »

You should ask their alumni if they'd trade any of their coaches for Bielema.  I don't think you'd like the answers.

Wouldn't care if they thought he was the best fit for their particular situation or not. My concern is getting a solid program built at Arkansas.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:21:34 am by LR54 »

runninhog

• Varsity
  • Vi et animo
« Reply #544 on: May 19, 2017, 10:06:40 am »

Nobody is saying fire him now.  5-7 is a possibility next year and in year 5 is unacceptable.  Heck, to even utter 5-7 year 5 is unacceptable....IMHO.  We MUST roll TCU or it will start to unravel.

Yes, 5 wins would be unacceptable, but I don't think we have to "roll" TCU. I think we can win 8. Maybe 9, which would certainly guarantee his job security.

NaturalStateReb

• Czar of Arkansas
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #545 on: May 19, 2017, 10:15:35 am »

It's hard to get clicks in the offseason.  Don't blame them for mixing it up with a bit of clickbait.

razorsharptusk

• Fightin' Lumberjacks!
« Reply #546 on: May 19, 2017, 10:43:36 am »

I would love to see Arkansas in the hunt every single year.  However, being a fan for years, you simply know that this will never be the case.  I'm not asking for it to be.  If we can show up big and be special about every 3rd year and contend for a big 6 bowl game, yet stay competitive and have a respectful record in the off years or what some call "rebuilding years", I'd be fine with that.   And I don't think to feel this way is settling for a mediocre football program. I think it's reality.  We are not going to be Alabama because we will never recruit like them.  We do not have the legacy of being that type of football program.  Yet we are not "poor little Arkansas" as some like to portray either.  As someone mentioned above, there will be years where we have a couple of very special talents, and that will give us an edge for lining up and contending with some of these tougher schools in our conference.  That is just the way it is going to be.  And if we happen to get these special athletes, we then have to hope that the defense is in place to hold their end of the rope.  Seem's over the years, things just have to line up right in order for Arkansas to pull off a huge year.

What disturbed me more last year than anything else is the way it appeared that Coach B. disconnected with the players.  The last two halves of those last two games should not have happened.  We were in complete control, just to come out in the second half and look lost or completely unmotivated. It's hard for me to believe the same guys that put you up big in the first half, come out flat in the second.  It seems this one is better laid on the coaches shoulders.  Multiple times I seen Coach stand away from his team by himself and, in my opinion, missing valuable opportunities to coach up his players when they may could have used it.  Something did not appear right between him and the players.  Maybe it was him and the coaches, I don't know.  But I hope that get's corrected for sure.   

I'm not expecting a stellar year this year.  I'd love to be proven wrong.  It's year 5.  SEC w-l record is ugly over his 4 years.   No matter how you spin it, Coach B. needs to start clicking off some SEC wins.  He said he wanted to give us something we have never had.  It's hard to see the needle pointing in that direction right now to achieve that.  But we will see.  Go Hogs!

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville: The mosh pit of Razorbackland
« Reply #547 on: May 20, 2017, 07:21:08 pm »

They don't have Malzahn listed at all?

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #548 on: May 21, 2017, 08:16:34 am »

Both programs had problems that day but LSU's problems were worse. Last year LSU solved their problems but the Hogs didn't.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #549 on: May 21, 2017, 08:32:01 am »

Both programs had problems that day but LSU's problems were worse. Last year LSU solved their problems but the Hogs didn't.

31-14, 38-10, not much difference.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up

Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please. KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas