Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB... #7 on Coaches Hot Seat

Started by moses_007, May 13, 2017, 04:08:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 16, 2017, 02:32:46 pm
You think wrong. I know one out-of-state guy with a nephew on the team that rarely frequents this place anymore. Likely due to all the garbage.

So despite the garbage as you call it, we landed the recruit?  That is what you're saying?

LZH

Quote from: hawgon on May 16, 2017, 02:36:05 pm
So despite the garbage as you call it, we landed the recruit?  That is what you're saying?

:)

Every message board across the country has these threads. Some are a million times worse.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: hawgon on May 16, 2017, 02:36:05 pm

The garbage began during his freshman year. Already enrolled.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

hawgon

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 16, 2017, 02:39:55 pm
The garbage began during his freshman year. Already enrolled.

So the garbage did not affect recruiting as you asserted?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: LZH on May 16, 2017, 02:38:10 pm
:)

Every message board across the country has these threads. Some are a million times worse.

Yeah, we've got all the recruiting advantages in the world. What difference does it make?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: hawgon on May 16, 2017, 02:41:00 pm
So the garbage did not affect recruiting as you asserted?

Not when it began long after he was on campus. As I asserted.

LZH

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 16, 2017, 02:42:46 pm
Yeah, we've got all the recruiting advantages in the world. What difference does it make?

Huh?

RagingHawgOn

If you've ever built a house on unimproved land, you might understand progress. I'm sure that seems elementary to most of you but give it some thought.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2017, 07:07:43 am
So, it's the AD's fault when a head coach doesn't win enough? Long and the administration were going to give Bielema 6 years from the outset, if he doesn't win enough to satisfy them, he'll be fired. We get it, you have a microwave mentality, while the administration has a conventional oven one, they are going to win this bake off every time.
Yes.It's his fault for the hire and all on him and the retarded contract also and who are you to name call all the time. Just the other day some one was an idiot for not thinking your way and today they have microwave mentality for not buying your propaganda.Your on here like everyone else and should be held to the same standards yet you constantly call folks names who differ from you. I can't see how your a razorback fan and support Long wit a 29-43 record.

LZH

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on May 16, 2017, 02:50:29 pm
If you've ever built a house on unimproved land, you might understand progress. I'm sure that seems elementary to most of you but give it some thought.

Good Lord......

RagingHawgOn

LR54

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 16, 2017, 02:14:19 pm
Considering the lack of talent in-state I don't think we have to worry about recruits, their friends and families seeing things on message boards. Most of the players we recruit didn't grow up Hog fans and I highly doubt they are googling "Arkansas Football Message Boards". Some coaches could potentially show them something but something tells me a slide with our record would suffice.

Perfect. SMH

1. It's called the World Wide Web for a reason.

2. If a kid isn't familiar with the Arkansas program when he's first contacted by a recruiter, he or somebody close to him is going to start googlin' for more info.

3. "Some coaches from other schools could show 'em some stuff."  Gee, ya think?

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on May 16, 2017, 02:51:18 pm
Yes.It's his fault for the hire and all on him and the retarded contract also and who are you to name call all the time. Just the other day some one was an idiot for not thinking your way and today they have microwave mentality for not buying your propaganda.Your on here like everyone else and should be held to the same standards yet you constantly call folks names who differ from you. I can't see how your a razorback fan and support Long wit a 29-43 record.
My propaganda, lol?? What sport does Long coach?

LZH

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on May 16, 2017, 02:56:08 pm
How 'bout Pre-K?
More like buying her a drink at the bar......

RagingHawgOn

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2017, 02:57:58 pm
More like buying her a drink at the bar......

Ha!

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on May 16, 2017, 02:59:08 pm
Whatever works for ya genius

You act like you're the only one on here who has any knowledge of construction or built a house....you aren't

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2017, 02:56:03 pm
My propaganda, lol?? What sport does Long coach?
Your a sniper. Go away. Don't go away mad just go away n take that bunch of Yankees wit ya.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on May 16, 2017, 03:03:16 pm
Your a sniper. Go away. Don't go away mad just go away n take that bunch of Yankees wit ya.

You and Delta need to get a room.....

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wildhog on May 16, 2017, 01:24:57 pm
Eastex bringing it ITT
Put an "s" and an "h" on it, and you'd be right.

Eastex just wants to be able to scream "I told you so" for the rest of forever.  He didn't want to fire Petrino, he didn't want to hire CBB, and he has never let us forget either for one damn second.  He is the epitome of "wants to be right more than he wants to win".  And it's a shame.  He's a good poster in other areas.  But here, in MMQB, he just wants to bitch because he wants Bobby back and he's going to shame anyone who doesn't agree with him.  He skews stats, paints with a broad brush, is the master of beating the strawman to death, and is just not going to be happy until someone pays for firing his precious Bobby.

You make some irritating arguments, but most of yours are just because you are unhappy with our level of winning.  Eastex hovers by his keyboard, waiting for each Razorback loss so he can show up and gloat.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hogs-n-Roses

Snipe away. You bring nothing realistic to the game. Just arrogance and misdirection. Try to keep us from the real facts. The facts are that JL and BB should be on the hot seat and their records here are a joke. As is any defense of either.

Deep Shoat

Hey guys!  I've got a great idea!!  Let's fire Coach B so we can hire someone LESS qualified, get pissed off because he isn't winning fast enough, and fire him in 4 years!!
All Gas, No Brakes!

LZH

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 16, 2017, 03:10:07 pm
Hey guys!  I've got a great idea!!  Let's fire Coach B so we can hire someone LESS qualified, get pissed off because he isn't winning fast enough, and fire him in 4 years!!

Sounds good to me......

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: LZH on May 16, 2017, 03:11:52 pm
Sounds good to me......
As long as Jeff Long doesn't do the hiring I'm game.

factchecker

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on May 16, 2017, 03:13:44 pm
As long as Jeff Long doesn't do the hiring I'm game.

Didn't Jeff hire Bobby?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

phadedhawg

Jeff Long is a breath of fresh air after decades of the good ole system.  I guess folks resent that he doesn't have that Georgia accent they fell in love with over the years. 

I don't know if we should judge the AD based on one program.  Jeff Long is very visible in his support for all razorback athletics and the student athletes seems to like him. 

But he did fire a coach that won 10 games so I guess all that other stuff is window dressing. 

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on May 16, 2017, 03:17:37 pm
Didn't Jeff hire Bobby?

Don't let facts get in the way of his rant.....

LZH

Quote from: factchecker on May 16, 2017, 03:17:37 pm
Didn't Jeff hire Bobby?

Counting JLS, Jeff's 1 for 3 in hiring winning yankee football coaches.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on May 16, 2017, 03:20:03 pm

Just as long as he doesn't hire Saban.......

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2017, 03:22:02 pm
Just as long as he doesn't hire Saban.......

I wonder if Jim Grobe is a yankee.

Wildhog

There are plenty of good coaches out there that would jump at the opportunity to be here.  Not worried about finding a replacement for a guy that can't do better than 7-5.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wildhog on May 16, 2017, 03:25:21 pm
There are plenty of good coaches out there that would jump at the opportunity to be here.  Not worried about finding a replacement for a guy that can't do better than 7-5.
Name 3.  I want to see how the rest of the board feels about them.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Al Boarland

Quote from: phadedhawg on May 16, 2017, 03:18:10 pm
Jeff Long is a breath of fresh air after decades of the good ole system.  I guess folks resent that he doesn't have that Georgia accent they fell in love with over the years. 

I don't know if we should judge the AD based on one program.  Jeff Long is very visible in his support for all razorback athletics and the student athletes seems to like him. 

But he did fire a coach that won 10 games so I guess all that other stuff is window dressing.

Long is very well respected and will not be leaving the UofA unless he wants to. If he chooses to so he will be in high demand.

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on May 16, 2017, 03:25:21 pm

I like Coach Bielema but this is the truth.

There are a ton of coaches we could get to come here.  The problem would be holding on to them if they did a great job.  Surprisingly, we haven't had that problem in a while.  They either fail or find a way to screw up before anyone else comes knocking.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 16, 2017, 03:26:10 pm

In no order:

Rhett Lashlee

Lane Kiffin

Mike Norvell
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LZH

Is Hudspeth at ULL still a hot name? Scott Frost?

Fedora is in his 50's, but he might could be lured to Arkansas.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on May 16, 2017, 03:27:39 pm

There are a ton of coaches we could get to come here.  The problem would be holding on to them if they did a great job.  Surprisingly, we haven't had that problem in a while.  They either fail or find a way to screw up before anyone else comes knocking.

Well we had a coach who would have stayed here forever...HDN.

I'll take a chance going the other route.
Go Hogs Go!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: factchecker on May 16, 2017, 03:29:08 pm
In no order:

Rhett Lashlee

Lane Kiffin

Mike Norvell
You really think Arkansas fans would be ok with Rhett Lashlee?  Irrespective of his actual coaching ability, he has 3 strikes against him already.  He's an "up and comer".  We hate those here.  He's a Gus guy.  All the anti-Gus folks would start immediately.  He's from Shiloh Christian.  Everyone Shiloh beat by 30+ instantly hates him.

Lane Kiffin, maybe?  He's done some good stuff as a coordinator, but has blown as a HC so far.

Mike Norvell is another up and comer.  He miht be a good one, but have you never been here during a coaching search?  That fact, in combo with his Tiger High employment would set the natives on FIRE.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: LZH on May 16, 2017, 03:35:51 pm
Is Hudspeth at ULL still a hot name? Scott Frost?

Fedora is in his 50's, but he might could be lured to Arkansas.
Hogville response: Up and comer, up and comer, has been.

Surely you know how this works, right?
All Gas, No Brakes!

factchecker

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 16, 2017, 03:40:27 pm
You really think Arkansas fans would be ok with Rhett Lashlee?  Irrespective of his actual coaching ability, he has 3 strikes against him already.  He's an "up and comer".  We hate those here.  He's a Gus guy.  All the anti-Gus folks would start immediately.  He's from Shiloh Christian.  Everyone Shiloh beat by 30+ instantly hates him.

Lane Kiffin, maybe?  He's done some good stuff as a coordinator, but has blown as a HC so far.

Mike Norvell is another up and comer.  He miht be a good one, but have you never been here during a coaching search?  That fact, in combo with his Tiger High employment would set the natives on FIRE.

You don't have to convince me of the Hogville hatred.  It's coming regardless.  We could hire Saban and someone would say we hired him past his prime and that he just doesn't have it in him anymore.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Wildhog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 16, 2017, 03:26:10 pm

Off the top of my head...

An established guy that I think we could get is Larry Fedora

As far as guys that are on the rise:
DJ Durkin
Matt Rhule
PJ Fleck
Bryan Harsin

Some may not be comfortable with up-and-comers, but I am.  CBB had a good resume, but there's a reason many UW fans were glad he left. 

Now I'm prepared to be roasted by pretty much everyone.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on May 16, 2017, 03:23:44 pm
I wonder if Jim Grobe is a yankee.

I don't know, ask the Baylor faithful.

Wildhog

Quote from: factchecker on May 16, 2017, 03:27:39 pm

But why worry about what happens when/if they have success?  I don't wish we had never hired Petrino because he was fired.  I'm just thankful for the best time I've ever had as a hog fan.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Deep Shoat

Quote from: factchecker on May 16, 2017, 03:44:30 pm
You don't have to convince me of the Hogville hatred.  It's coming regardless.  We could hire Saban and someone would say we hired him past his prime and that he just doesn't have it in him anymore.
My point, is why would we move on from CBB to hire any of those coaches?  The crying won't stop, and it is highly unlikely any of them would win at a higher level.

Maybe Norvell is the real deal.  Maybe Kiffin has it figured out. Rhett Lashlee is still too young and unproven, even by my standards.  And I like trying to catch lightning in a bottle if we are looking.  Proven coaches who are willing to move are few and far between.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: LZH on May 16, 2017, 03:20:03 pm
Actually don't look at his Pit numbers either.

LZH

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 16, 2017, 03:41:16 pm
Hogville response: Up and comer, up and comer, has been.

Surely you know how this works, right?

If I'm the AD and Bielema walked away today, I don't really know who I'd call....I don't know who the next hotshot out there is. Whatshisname went to Texas, and he would have been the first that came to mind. Harsin, too, maybe?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wildhog on May 16, 2017, 03:45:28 pm

DJ Durkin
Matt Rhule
PJ Fleck
Bryan Harsin

Some may not be comfortable with up-and-comers, but I am.  CBB had a good resume, but there's a reason many UW fans were glad he left. 

I'm not sure what Fedora has actually proven.

Other than that, It's a good list of coaches that over half of Hogville will auto hate.  Guaranteed, Eastex ain't getting happy with that list.

All Gas, No Brakes!

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2017, 03:46:15 pm
I don't know, ask the Baylor faithful.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well, I guess not, they would NEVER hire a yankee.

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on May 16, 2017, 03:45:28 pm

DJ Durkin
Matt Rhule
PJ Fleck
Bryan Harsin

Aren't all those coaches yankees?  "We can't be havin none of dem damn yankees coachin da foosball down her...... spit."   ;)
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS