Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema and Alvarez

Started by RagingHawgOn, May 12, 2017, 11:21:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

Very good to hear.  Football is football, business is business, but friendships, family, people are what's most important.  Seems like both men realize that which is not surprising especially from Coach B who seems to always put people first.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PorkRinds

Great story. I've had similar circumstances in my life. At one point I had a best friend and he and I had a falling out over our shared business, a touring rock band. When the band went south splitting up the money and resources was rocky, and we disagreed and a lot of crap came tot he surface that we had both been harboring for a while. We didn't talk for 5-6 years after that. Neither of us were "mad" at each other, we just made th choice to grow in different directions. He recently came over for a visit and told me he was moving back to town and that he was sorry for his part in everything. I agreed and we decided that we should make an effort to be friends again and not let business get in the way.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 12, 2017, 11:33:11 am
Very good to hear.  Football is football, business is business, but friendships, family, people are what's most important.  Seems like both men realize that which is not surprising especially from Coach B who seems to always put people first.

^^^^
absolutely! As we get older and wiser ( in most cases) those issues at work that create rifts are miniscule in nature and the things we can repair this quickest when it comes to friends and family. This proves coming full circle makes life a lot more enjoyable.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

razorbackfan86

Good read, glad to see they were able to reconcile.

FutureMan

This is awesome.  I didn't know they reconciled.  Thanks for sharing.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Hoggish1

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on May 12, 2017, 11:21:05 am
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19359188/how-barry-alvarez-bret-bielema-became-best-friends-again

Pretty good read.

SIAP

Great read!

Perhaps the reunited friendship will get the monkey off CBB's back and free him up to be the coach we all expected him to be.

Little Lady Back

Nice article. Thanks for sharing.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

BigE_23

Quote from: Hoggish1 on May 12, 2017, 02:14:52 pm
Great read!

Perhaps the reunited friendship will get the monkey off CBB's back and free him up to be the coach we all expected him to be.

I wondered the same thing...

I left working for one of my mentors to go out and do my own thing. Not having that relationship really hurt, but once we were able to patch things up I felt like I could do my best work. Relationships rule the day. One has to wonder how much of an impact this had on CBB's psyche.

buldozer

It would not be surprising to see CBB bolt back to the big10 if he strikes out again here this year. Seems certain he will bolt somewhere before the wolves come calling for his hide here, and this season or next that will eventually occur unless he can start winning the games that have eluded him so far

colbs

Quote from: buldozer on May 13, 2017, 03:15:27 pm
It would not be surprising to see CBB bolt back to the big10 if he strikes out again here this year. Seems certain he will bolt somewhere before the wolves come calling for his hide here, and this season or next that will eventually occur unless he can start winning the games that have eluded him so far
Maybe but not sure what this has to do with this article.

sickboy

Ok.

Hawghiggs

Texas Tech. He could get another 5 year pass to " rebuild ". Also, to hell with Barry Alvarez.

HogBreath

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 12, 2017, 11:33:11 am
This. Glad to hear they've buried the hatchet.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: HogBreath on May 14, 2017, 07:22:39 am
This. Glad to hear they've buried the hatchet.
in who's back ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

LZH

jbcarol

In their words:

Quote"Sometimes you just bury the hatchet and appreciate guys for who they are and remember the great times we had together, and move forward," Alvarez told ESPN.com last week. "Life's too short."

Added Bielema: "It's like we've never missed a beat."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net