Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over / under

Started by parallaxpig, May 11, 2017, 05:31:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

I believe early line on Hogs win total next year 6.5. I'm going over. What say you.....
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

ricepig

Al Boarland

Over. 7 reg season wins.

Hogwild

Hawgboy64

Over, the defense shows real improvement.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Over:  7 wins     Actually I worry that the D will hold us back next season due to the new formation and us not knowing what to do.  We haven't known what to do the past 2 years and we won 7 so should be OK.

navyhog24

Potential is there for 9 but CBB seems to always find a way to underachieve.

bythelake

Hoping that CPR takes the "not knowing what to do" out of the equation.  Go get em and let the chips fall as they may.  Better than laying back and letting the offense dictate.  Yea, we may get burned, but that happened too often last year. 

Hopefully big plays will offset.   Either way play confident, dictate, have fun.  I really think that CPR teaches that.

hawgmasta

I usually think Vegas is pretty good but 6.5?!? That's some horse hockey. We deserve more respect than that, well over.

navyhog24

Quote from: hawgmasta on May 11, 2017, 08:27:04 pm
I usually think Vegas is pretty good but 6.5?!? That's some horse hockey. We deserve more respect than that, well over.

Really? What kind of respect do you expect us to get? We have underachieved the last 2 seasons.

ricepig

NashvilleHog

at Alabama and at LSU are likely losses, so start there.

Add Auburn who beat us a billion to three with a better QB this year.  Missouri has beaten us 2 out of the last 3 years.  Out of those 4, I'd say Missouri is our best shot at winning, but again...2 out of 3 losses to them. 

I think 9-3 is probably our ceiling...with 8-4 what I would bet on (loss to someone other than Missouri)
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

parallaxpig

Quote from: 247Hog on May 11, 2017, 05:35:05 pm
8 Wins...So over.

I'm thinking 8 with 7 a lock.  Must pundits have us losing to TCU. I don't agree...I bet we take em. LSU, Bama and Auburn loses for sure...with that said we have a history if beating Auburn when no one thinks we can. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

hoggytonk

daBoar

Is this based on the regular season or does it include post season games?  I say 6 regular season wins. I think the O has list a lot with RW3's departure and I think the move to a completely new defense will not accrue major positives until next year.  And I worry about the rumors of a lot of defensive folks not buying in last season...as 6 defensive starters return.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Over (if we beat A&M)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

jkstock04

OP you have a link or did you just pull 6.5 out of your ass?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

parallaxpig

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 12, 2017, 08:15:45 am
OP you have a link or did you just pull 6.5 out of your ass?

Didn't have to pull it....

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on May 11, 2017, 06:32:18 pm
Over, the defense shows real improvement.
I hope you're right, but nothing has happened yet to show real improvement. The whole system isn't even implemented.

LZH

Quote from: hawgmasta on May 11, 2017, 08:27:04 pm

We only won seven last year, our defense got lit up like Disneyworld at Christmas, and BB is barely over .500 since arriving 4 years ago. I don't know why anyone other than a Hog fan would see that as a lack of respect.

Fwiw, as long as we are competitive in every game/don't get blown out and don't give games away/blow big leads, considering we're headed into unchartered waters with a new defense I doubt I'd raise much hell with seven wins (eight with a bowl win).

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

3kgthog

Under on both mentioned here. Different season. Same holes. Same coach.

You'll see moments of true greatness (dare I say domination), but they'll be overshadowed by entire quarters/halves of sheer helplessness. This lack of focus seems to be a theme in multiple games every season. I'll change my tune if Bielema can show he has the ability to take a dang win when the opponent wraps it up in a tasty PB&J snack.

jkstock04

Quote from: parallaxpig on May 12, 2017, 08:40:25 am
Didn't have to pull it....
So you have zero idea what you are talking about...got it.

I say they will set it at 7 or maybe 7.5.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Kevin

take the over at 6.5
take the under at 7.5
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

parallaxpig

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 12, 2017, 10:47:28 am
So you have zero idea what you are talking about...got it.

What my spouse tells me everyday

hawginbigd1

My personal thoughts are anything below 7.5 is easy money.

GuvHog

Quote from: parallaxpig on May 12, 2017, 07:38:13 am
I'm thinking 8 with 7 a lock.  Must pundits have us losing to TCU. I don't agree...I bet we take em. LSU, Bama and Auburn loses for sure...with that said we have a history if beating Auburn when no one thinks we can. 

TCU hasn't been then same since their great all everything DC (who was also a Former Hog) hung it up a couple of years back. If this game was being played at Ammon Carter Stadium in Arlington, I would call it a toss up but it's not. It's being played in DWRRS so I'm predicting a Hog win.

As for Auburn, the Hogs usually play very well against them when the game is in DWRRS as it is this year so I believe the Hogs will win a close one. Besides, those Hogs are very likely Highly ticked off about that embarrassment in Auburn last season so they'll be highly motivated and looking to pay the Tigers back in Spades.

I'll stick with 9 regular season wins with a good shot at 10.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

parallaxpig

Quote from: parallaxpig on May 12, 2017, 10:52:09 am
What my spouse tells me everyday

Oh wait honey is that you?

widespreadsooie

I'm all over the under at 8 or 8.5. There will be four losses out of @LSU, @Bama, @SC, A&M, and AUB. Even if we squeak out two, @OM, MIZ, MSST, an TCU aren't gimmes. Vegas setting us that high gives me a little more optimism though than what my previous statements suggest. Hope I'm wrong.

nchogg

I always have high hopes for my Hogs. This year I will just wait and see. Go Hogs! :razorback:

Biggus Piggus

Our schedule this season is weird. Thursday night opener against always-awful Florida A&M. Nine days later, at home against TCU. Third game comes after an off week, and it's against aTm in Arlington. Fourth game is at home against always-awful New Mexico State, which last had a winning season in 2002.

From Oct. 7-Nov. 11, Arkansas has four SEC road games, a home date with Auburn, and the final nonleague game against Coastal Carolina.

I'm concerned about how the linebacker situation could play out. Suspect we'll end up playing loads of nickel/dime and trying to stretch the LB depth.
[CENSORED]!

Danny J

Hawghiggs

7-5. So I guess over

redleg

Over. Mega-optimism = 10-2.  :razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: parallaxpig on May 11, 2017, 05:31:15 pm
I believe early line on Hogs win total next year 6.5. I'm going over. What say you.....

I figure about 7 wins.  So that's an over.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

PorkSoda

Quote from: parallaxpig on May 11, 2017, 05:31:15 pm
bet the farm on over. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LZH

Obtw, AGC Stadium is on the TCU campus 15-20 miles west of Arlington in Ft. Worth.

Dominicanhog

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys