Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Numbers are starting to work themselves out

Started by ricepig, May 10, 2017, 06:02:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NotSoFastMyFriend

They always do. Best of luck to this young man moving forward.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hawgar The Horrible

Another APR hit? How will we ever overcome?

That's called sarcasm for you slow on the take.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

King Kong

ricepig

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 10, 2017, 07:31:53 pm
Announcing transfer from program. Not sure if number situation, or maybe had to do with change of defensive scheme. Either way, hate to lose an Arkansas kid who figured into the future rotation at some point. Early enrollee but didn't see any action as RS Fr with loaded Sr class. Thin DL gets even thinner.

I don't think he figured into the rotation at all, and this was expected.

HamSammich

Strange thing is I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing QB on Sundays.... call me names all you want. He is a faster T-Jack in my mind.

ricepig

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 10, 2017, 07:39:32 pm
At some point you figured he could have contributed. He still had 3 more years to get on the field. Again though, that's why I questioned if it might be a numbers move since some anticipated it.

Could have, yeah maybe. I don't think they asked him to move on, but they probably spelled out his chances of playing. I mean, sure it's a numbers game, they have another 3 or so to get to the 85 for fall practice.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on May 10, 2017, 07:46:01 pm
Could have, yeah maybe. I don't think they asked him to move on, but they probably spelled out his chances of playing. I mean, sure it's a numbers game, they have another 3 or so to get to the 85 for fall practice.

Maybe 2 with Rawleigh not being active in the program? He'll be switched to a Medical which shouldn't count against our numbers.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 10, 2017, 07:56:56 pm
Maybe 2 with Rawleigh not being active in the program? He'll be switched to a Medical which shouldn't count against our numbers.

I was counting Rawleigh, I thought I had read we still needed 5 not too long ago.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HamSammich on May 10, 2017, 07:44:59 pm
Strange thing is I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing QB on Sundays.... call me names all you want. He is a faster T-Jack in my mind.
Makes perfect sense.  I'll be watching his career wherever he goes next to see if he makes the transition to QB from DL.
All Gas, No Brakes!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on May 10, 2017, 08:07:33 pm
I was counting Rawleigh, I thought I had read we still needed 5 not too long ago.

I may be wrong but in looking at all of the scholarship players, I thought we were down to 2, as long as Clary and Henry remain Blueshirts.
Go Hogs Go!

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Seebs

How many more before we get down to 85? Dean and Williams no longer on the 85. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

factchecker

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on May 11, 2017, 12:48:44 am
Why did my thread get deleted but this one stay up?

Your thread got merged with the original thread here:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=633507.0

This one will probably merged as well.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

redleg

Redshirt sophomore DL Daytrieon Dean has decided to transfer. Good luck to him.
Any ideas where he might end up? I'd think he would want to be eligible to play right away since he redshirted in 2015, and didn't play at all in 2016.
UCA maybe? I think he could really help the Bears D-Line.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Al Boarland

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 11, 2017, 09:02:11 am
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-defensive-lineman-daytrieon-dean-announces-transfer/

Our depth too a hit as this young man is bugging out after 2 years.

Not ideal.  We want to be able to keep attrition down.  It an important factor as some have pointed it out as a differentiator for CBB.

PorkRinds

Pretty sure he stayed injured quite a bit.

DeltaBoy

Redshirted as a Freshman and never saw the field last year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 11, 2017, 09:04:34 am
Not ideal.  We want to be able to keep attrition down.  It an important factor as some have pointed it out as a differentiator for CBB.

We can't sign full classes unless you have attrition, which one do you wish to bitch about now? I know you can do the math, correct?

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 11, 2017, 09:05:48 am
Pretty sure he stayed injured quite a bit.

Came in getting shoulder surgery and never got over the hump, I wishing him the best at his next stop.

Al Boarland

Quote from: ricepig on May 11, 2017, 10:26:00 am
We can't sign full classes unless you have attrition, which one do you wish to bitch about now? I know you can do the math, correct?

That's good point.  Didn't see any bitching going on, but I'll be on the lookout and let you know if I come across any.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 11, 2017, 02:42:33 pm
That's good point.  Didn't see any bitching going on, but I'll be on the lookout and let you know if I come across any.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Hoggish1

Quote from: ricepig on May 10, 2017, 07:33:26 pm
I don't think he figured into the rotation at all, and this was expected.

If HE thought he figured into the rotation he would have never transferred.  So, bingo...!

LZH

Five years from now when we have a different coach, if he isn't winning enough everyone will call it 'attrition' and blame Bielema.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on May 12, 2017, 09:28:43 am
Five years from now when we have a different coach, if he isn't winning enough everyone will call it 'attrition' and blame Bielema.

Until someone finds a Coach who can recruit and sign 21 players 3 out of every 4 years and 22 the 4th year and make sure they are all keepers, that none of them get injured and have to quit the game, none of them are academic casualties, none of them get in any legal trouble and they are all willing to wait for their turn to play (or never play at all), we will always see attrition to some degree. It just isn't a perfect situation.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 12, 2017, 09:46:38 am
Until someone finds a Coach who can recruit and sign 21 players 3 out of every 4 years and 22 the 4th year and make sure they are all keepers, that none of them get injured and have to quit the game, none of them are academic casualties, none of them get in any legal trouble and they are all willing to wait for their turn to play (or never play at all), we will always see attrition to some degree. It just isn't a perfect situation.

Whenever there's a coaching change around here the 'new' guy is a hero and gets a pass because any/all his problems and mistakes are blamed on the (now) moron he replaced.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on May 12, 2017, 10:11:01 am
Whenever there's a coaching change around here the 'new' guy is a hero and gets a pass because any/all his problems and mistakes are blamed on the (now) moron he replaced.

Oh yeah there is that, but then some want to say, "but he inherited so much talent from the previous coach".
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 12, 2017, 10:15:04 am
Oh yeah there is that, but then some want to say, "but he inherited so much talent from the previous coach".

True dat (Nutt....twice, Gus, etc.)

yraciv

Quote from: HamSammich on May 10, 2017, 07:44:59 pm

You sure you got the right guy? A 270 pound defensive lineman transitioning to QB?

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 11, 2017, 09:04:34 am

Call it targeted attrition.  We want to keep the ones we want to keep. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15