Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by TexArkHogFan on 06 May 2017
  • Went to Louisiana Downs in Shreveport today, opening day plus simulcast of Ky Derby.  Had one of my Hog shirts on and met a guy and we started about the Hogs.  He asked me if I knew Qualls and told him not personally but was a fan.  Said he was Qualls' brother-in-law and I asked him where Qualls was.  He said he was playing in Isreal and I asked how he was doing.  He replied, well  he hasn't come home yet so guess he was doing OK.
  • #2 by BannerMountainMan on 06 May 2017
  • Aww man I was hoping a story would be made out of this.
  • #3 by KenHawg2023 on 06 May 2017
  • I appreciate the thread! Not necessarily new info, but always good to confirm one of our former studs is doing well!
  • #4 by Porked Tongue on 06 May 2017
  • #5 by Hawg Red on 07 May 2017
  • Qualls + Murphy Hollaway, an SEC connection.
  • #6 by TexArkHogFan on 07 May 2017
  • Aww man I was hoping a story would be made out of this.

I did ask him how much Qualls was making and he said he didn't know.  lol.  He was a  nice young man though.  If I had hit the Superfecta though I would be right up there with him.  one dollar bet paid 75,000 dollars, thanks to the 2nd and 3rd horse being long shots.
  • #7 by hawgmasta on 07 May 2017
  • Cool, I'm glad he is making money doing what he loves.
  • #8 by ricolacey on 07 May 2017
  • Went to Louisiana Downs in Shreveport today, opening day plus simulcast of Ky Derby.  Had one of my Hog shirts on and met a guy and we started about the Hogs.  He asked me if I knew Qualls and told him not personally but was a fan.  Said he was Qualls' brother-in-law and I asked him where Qualls was.  He said he was playing in Isreal and I asked how he was doing.  He replied, well  he hasn't come home yet so guess he was doing OK.

Response: The Pelicans picked Qualls up before the NBA season started, i guess, rather go to the D-league he opt for the European basketball.
  • #9 by HiggiePiggy on 07 May 2017
  • Response: The Pelicans picked Qualls up before the NBA season started, i guess, rather go to the D-league he opt for the European basketball.

Smart move. D league pay is crap. 
  • #10 by Polecat on 10 May 2017
  • Glad he's doing well. I wish he were shooting better from the foul line than Hollaway, however.
Pages:
Actions