Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Uniforms

Started by HogNdazs, May 06, 2017, 11:48:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNdazs

I do not want to start a uniform argument thread but I was curious if we will be getting new ones this year? I think i've read the cycle is usually every two years. Has anyone heard anything?

ricepig

Yes, supposedly across the board for all our teams.

hogcard1964

Let's hope they're simplified to the classic style.

LZH

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 06, 2017, 11:59:12 am

I never really cared for those, especially the hog on the helmet, until we wore them a year or two ago. They look good.

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2017, 11:51:16 am

Adidas probably owns the design rights to these but I would love to see them make a comeback:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

SONofHAM

Can't have a uniform thread without someone begging for the old Adidas DMac unis.  Let me guess, someone will post the Apex shoulder Hog soon.

"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

FANONTHEHILL

BOOM!  Even the great JJ Meadors couldn't make these look good.  They were so awful.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

SONofHAM

May 06, 2017, 01:30:31 pm #7 Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:43:38 pm by SONofHAM
Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on May 06, 2017, 01:25:54 pm
BOOM!  Even the great JJ Meadors couldn't make these look good.  They were so awful.
Nice. 

Hey ricepig, where did you hear of the sweeping uni changes for this year?  I haven't heard anything on this as of yet.  Hoping you are correct.  Basketball needs a new style really bad...and football could use a new look too.

FANONTHEHILL

I have a strong feeling that nothing is going to change for a while.  The "rebranding" they did a few years ago when the font and styles changed were intended to last a while.  I asked Jeff Long and he said that they are replacing the turf as part of the stadium upgrade this summer and the new font will be used in the end zones.  No mention of uni changes.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

factchecker

APEX jerseys were bad all around:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bennyl08

This was by far my favorite away look. Clean, simple, but aggressive.

The modern home jersey's are pretty good too.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

What happened to the facemasks that our defensive linemen were weraing a couple years ago? They were really intimidating, looked like the shredder from ninja turtles
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

SONofHAM

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on May 06, 2017, 02:38:19 pm
What happened to the facemasks that our defensive linemen were weraing a couple years ago? They were really intimidating, looked like the shredder from ninja turtles
Pretty sure they banned those.  I believe they only get a few options to wear now.

HogNdazs

Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2017, 11:51:16 am

Thank you, i'm certainly intrigued. I hope for a good mix of traditional and modern, nothing too crazy but McFadden era either.

ricepig

Quote from: SONofHAM on May 06, 2017, 01:30:31 pm
Nice. 

Hey ricepig, where did you hear of the sweeping uni changes for this year?  I haven't heard anything on this as of yet.  Hoping you are correct.  Basketball needs a new style really bad...and football could use a new look too.

Sweeping??? I don't know about that, but we replace uni's every two years, and I read somewhere where we are due new uniforms. The baseball team hasn't worn their cream colored uniform all year because they are made of a different material and hot. We're to replace them, and the other sports, too.

SONofHAM

Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2017, 04:01:25 pm
Sweeping??? I don't know about that, but we replace uni's every two years, and I read somewhere where we are due new uniforms. The baseball team hasn't worn their cream colored uniform all year because they are made of a different material and hot. We're to replace them, and the other sports, too.
Is sweeping not the same as "across the board"?

ricepig

Quote from: SONofHAM on May 06, 2017, 04:11:39 pm
Is sweeping not the same as "across the board"?

"Across the board" meant every team would be getting new uniforms, haha. Or that's was my intention.

SONofHAM

Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2017, 04:14:28 pm
"Across the board" meant every team would be getting new uniforms, haha. Or that's was my intention.
Same with sweeping...definition even refers to across the board.

sweep·ing
ˈswēpiNG/
wide in range or effect.
"we cannot recommend any sweeping alterations"
synonyms:   extensive, wide-ranging, global, broad, comprehensive, all-inclusive, all-embracing, far-reaching, across the board; More

bennyl08

So wide in range but not as much wide in effect is what I'm hearing from rice then?
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

cosmodrum

Quote from: factchecker on May 06, 2017, 12:05:04 pm
Adidas probably owns the design rights to these but I would love to see them make a comeback:

That jersey is probably my favorite. Could take or leave the pants stripes.
Go away, batin'

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: SONofHAM on May 06, 2017, 02:40:51 pm
Pretty sure they banned those.  I believe they only get a few options to wear now.
Before the 2015 season the NCAA banned what they termed "overbuilt" face masks.  Something the NFL did a year or two before.  The rationale was two fold. 
#1 The "overbuilt" mask was heavier and could effect the integrity of the safety features built into the helmet.

#2 The smaller openings in the mask increased the chances of an opponents finger being caught in the mask.

Rogers Redding, the coordinator of the National College Football Officiating organization wrote a summary article a couple years ago that you can find on the NCAA website about this rule change and a few others.

ricepig

Quote from: SONofHAM on May 06, 2017, 04:22:03 pm
Same with sweeping...definition even refers to across the board.

sweep·ing
ˈswēpiNG/
wide in range or effect.
"we cannot recommend any sweeping alterations"
synonyms:   extensive, wide-ranging, global, broad, comprehensive, all-inclusive, all-embracing, far-reaching, across the board; More

Yes, they will all be pink with anthracite trim, is that across the wide sweeping board for you?

across the board
DEFINITION
US
applying to all:
"the cutbacks might be across the board"

Inhogswetrust

I think I read this exact same thread in 2003................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SONofHAM

Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2017, 05:01:12 pm
Yes, they will all be pink with anthracite trim, is that across the wide sweeping board for you?

across the board
DEFINITION
US
applying to all:
"the cutbacks might be across the board"

geez buddy...relax a little.  All I did was say the same thing in a different way.  You meant all teams get new unis...so did I.

ricepig

Quote from: SONofHAM on May 06, 2017, 05:39:42 pm
geez buddy...relax a little.  All I did was say the same thing in a different way.  You meant all teams get new unis...so did I.

That's sweeping.....

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Nosboar Accubond

LZH

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: LZH on May 06, 2017, 06:55:44 pm
Heliotrope.....

If the vote had only been a little different ...

ballinhog

I seen on twitter from the official Arkansas Razorback twitter account I believe, where they said all sports would be getting new uniforms for the 2017-18 school year.

Just seen in this thread about new turf in the stadium this year, I hope we have red end zones with white letters

LZH

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on May 06, 2017, 07:41:30 pm
If the vote had only been a little different ...

Can you imagine a purple Razorback?

Hoggish1

Quote from: LZH on May 06, 2017, 12:03:33 pm
I never really cared for those, especially the hog on the helmet, until we wore them a year or two ago. They look good.

What's not to like?

bennyl08

Quote from: LZH on May 06, 2017, 06:55:44 pm
Heliotrope.....

Great hike up in the North Cascades...

HogInThaGrove

The 2011 uniforms were by far my favorite Nike uniforms so far. Especially the away jerseys, those are freakin sharp.

tophawg19

I actually liked them because they were so different from everyone else . the two hogs could have been better placed
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HamSammich

I hope we go retro

Mustaches and all

Weird thing is the Baylor mustaches almost make them look like rapists

runninhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 06, 2017, 11:59:12 am

amen to that

runninhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 06, 2017, 04:43:23 pm
That jersey is probably my favorite. Could take or leave the pants stripes.

Like those, as well.

theFlyingHog

How hard is it to settle on one shade of red?

LZH

Quote from: Hoggish1 on May 06, 2017, 09:21:50 pm
What's not to like?

The hog looks cartoonish....but it was before my time. I grew up with the hog that we used up until 2000 or so when it was changed again to look meaner (which I like best).

razorback44

Quote from: theFlyingHog on May 07, 2017, 11:13:58 am
How hard is it to settle on one shade of red?

They have. That was the whole purpose of the rebrand.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Hoggish1

Quote from: LZH on May 07, 2017, 11:22:31 am
The hog looks cartoonish....but it was before my time. I grew up with the hog that we used up until 2000 or so when it was changed again to look meaner (which I like best).

OK, let's compromise.  You take your favorite Hog and put it on the helmet with the rest of that 1964 uniform and we have blissful unification. ;)

LZH

Quote from: Hoggish1 on May 07, 2017, 12:10:47 pm
OK, let's compromise.  You take your favorite Hog and put it on the helmet with the rest of that 1964 uniform and we have blissful unification. ;)

goodguytex

I really loved the helmets the Hogs wore in the liberty bowl. If those became our new regular lids I would love it even more than I do now.

Nike actually had some really good looking unis the Hogs wore when they had the contract around 2000-2002 I believe when Matt Jones was playing. I would love to see Nike do something similar to that again. But the unis they've been in last 2 years have been better, much better than what the Hogs were wearing during the Petrino era.

East Clintwood

I hate to see them replace the turf --- I'd rather they go back to grass.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

GuvHog

If they would have put the Hogs on the shoulders where the stripes are and dropped the stripes altogether, those would have at least been half-way decent looking uniforms.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: factchecker on May 06, 2017, 12:05:04 pm

My all-time favorite uni...but I really liked the chrome red helmet, too!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Sivad

Put some accents on the plain white helmet Hog sticker - makes it stand out much more.

Soooie21

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on May 06, 2017, 04:58:07 pm
Before the 2015 season the NCAA banned what they termed "overbuilt" face masks.  Something the NFL did a year or two before.  The rationale was two fold. 
#1 The "overbuilt" mask was heavier and could effect the integrity of the safety features built into the helmet.

#2 The smaller openings in the mask increased the chances of an opponents finger being caught in the mask.

Rogers Redding, the coordinator of the National College Football Officiating organization wrote a summary article a couple years ago that you can find on the NCAA website about this rule change and a few others.

Classic look, my favorite.

Rooka

Quote from: Sivad on May 07, 2017, 01:58:19 pm
Put some accents on the plain white helmet Hog sticker - makes it stand out much more.
Very nice.