Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow that Keith Burns Code Red Defense

Started by Peter Porker, May 03, 2017, 10:51:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

I've been watching old Hog games on YouTube lately and I forgot how aggressive Keith Burns was.

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Inhogswetrust

May 04, 2017, 06:33:25 am #1 Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 05:10:37 pm by Inhogswetrust
I remember being there. The KY receivers were open the whole game. If not for a big IT return and the D line getting to the QB we probably don't win it. It was a fun game.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

J-Five

Always enjoyed watching that "Code Red" defense.  11 guys all on the same page, reacting and flying to the ball...Wish we had that now.  Maybe we do, time will tell...
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

Polecat

I recall a few times Burns had the defense go to the opposing teams' locker room and bang on the door and yell "CODE RED". Not sure we've had a DC that was that into intimidation since him
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

jusgtohogs

JMHO, but team speed sure had a lot to do with their ability to be aggressive.

hawgon

That clip didn't have the play where Kennedy knocked the receiver's helmet off and it went spinning back down the field about ten yards.

Sho Nuff

DeltaBoy

It was a FAST D! Kennedy Brought the WOOD!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Sho Nuff on May 04, 2017, 08:45:50 am
This one may be a better representation of that swarming defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvSKmZNmUfI
That OM offense looked like a soup sandwich against our D.

Side note: looked like we should have scored 50 on them...

Hogs run wild

That's the D-fense bama aspires to be... j/k on a serious note, that was a great season until Tenner.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

jkstock04

We had some mean SOBs on defense back then. They probably took after Kieth Burns' personality.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

pignparadise

Quote from: Polecat on May 04, 2017, 08:17:35 am
I recall a few times Burns had the defense go to the opposing teams' locker room and bang on the door and yell "CODE RED". Not sure we've had a DC that was that into intimidation since him
Supposedly did that on the road against number 1 Tennessee in 1998.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

Hog Fan...DOH!

Having future NFL starters on D sure does help. 

theFlyingHog

Quote from: pignparadise on May 04, 2017, 04:15:13 pm
Supposedly did that on the road against number 1 Tennessee in 1998.
I believe they went to the buses Alabama was on and started rocking them as well. Think I saw that on the identity theft of Mitch Mustain

OneTuskOverTheLine™

This was my first Razorback game. My wife's friend from Mississippi lived next door to us in Little Rock. Her daddy came up to visit and had tickets to the game. Being Ole Miss fans they were more interested in drinking than driving and offered to let me and another Arkansas friend have two tickets if we drove. I trold the story of that drive on Drive Time Sports and they played it as a commercial for years... LOL.!! We heard Hotty Toddy all the way there but the drive home was silent. One of the best years of my life...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Polecat on May 04, 2017, 09:52:38 am
side note: Anthony Lucas was a stud

And it sucks he never was healthy enough to go big time in the NFL. He was a rare talent.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

MuskogeeHogFan

It is my hope that with the implementation of the 3-4 and an aggressive, attacking style of defense, that this will be what we will see in the future from our defense under Paul Rhoads.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 08, 2017, 08:14:21 am
And it sucks he never was healthy enough to go big time in the NFL. He was a rare talent.

No doubt. With a set of healthy knees, he might have been a Hall of Fame inductee.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: GuvHog on May 08, 2017, 09:00:50 am
No doubt. With a set of healthy knees, he might have been a Hall of Fame inductee.

Yep he was a killer against Texas too.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogs run wild on May 04, 2017, 02:34:57 pm
That's the D-fense bama aspires to be... j/k on a serious note, that was a great season until Tenner.
we beat Tennessee that year (98)
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hogs run wild

We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.