Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring Game on SEC Network

Started by parallaxpig, April 29, 2017, 07:27:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogmolar

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on April 29, 2017, 12:35:04 pm
He lowered his head into Sosa's chest then got slung to ground.  Unfortunate.  Really no need to have best back go against best lineman.
Slung to the ground????  Might be a little over stated.

LZH

I'm kinda surprised that he was getting any reps to be honest.  I figured DW and the new kids would get the bulk of the work.

And not because of the injury risk per se, so I'm not second guessing.  Just my thoughts.

southeasthog

Quote from: TebowHater on April 29, 2017, 12:33:45 pm
It wasn't the most dramatic hit, looked more like a twist (but different from the twisting of his facemask + contact last time) - sure hope it is just some sort of pinched nerve that is recoverable for his own sake
I went back and watched it in slow motion. RW3's head impacted Agim's shoulder. Looked like a stinger to me but with what happened before is scary for everyone.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

TebowHater

Turned it on right when RWIII went down. Was the game non-tackle the entire time or did we just switch to wrap up post injury?

factchecker

Tough seeing his family.

I'm sick thinking about it.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jackrabbit Hog

#5 looks like a player.  Built like Reed with hair like Hatcher.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

thebignasty

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 12:43:05 pm

Way bigger than Reed. Kind of reminds me of Cobi Hamilton size wise.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

sickboy

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on April 29, 2017, 12:38:02 pm
This defense looks worthless

I can't tell anything from what I've seen. It doesn't even feel like a real practice.

LZH

First time I've seen Kelly.......nice whip.

#5 looks like a gamer, too.

And M. Williams looks pretty damn fast.

southeasthog

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on April 29, 2017, 12:35:04 pm
He lowered his head into Sosa's chest then got slung to ground.  Unfortunate.  Really no need to have best back go against best lineman.
Yep. It was really stupid of Beliema to match them up in one on one drills. Wait. What? Oh.... it was a team drill?  Never mind.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on April 29, 2017, 12:38:02 pm
This defense looks worthless

They aren't allowed to tackle. What do you expect

LRHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 12:43:05 pm

The only thing reed like on him is his height. One of his arms is thicker than reed ever was. Guy haas all the tools to be a beast

thebignasty

Quote from: sickboy on April 29, 2017, 12:44:35 pm
I can't tell anything from what I've seen. It doesn't even feel like a real practice.

sec network doesn't have a lot to work with but they are laboring under the delusion that what those tuning in really want is to hear from Bobby Allen.
But they win

HogHomer

It's pretty close to the actual format of our practices. Give or take a nother 5 min period or two

LZH

I can understand BB's logic here though, even as I agree it's not as fun as a real scrimmage.  If you're not gonna show out for the fans other than on TV, get these kids (especially that new defense) all the individual work they can get.........last chance to practice - use it as best as you can.

Jackrabbit Hog

Cornelius may have a career in the booth after his playing days. 
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LZH

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 12:49:54 pm
Cornelius may have a career in the booth after his playing days. 

He did well, didn't he?

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on April 29, 2017, 12:48:16 pm
I can understand BB's logic here though, even as I agree it's not as fun as a real scrimmage.  If you're not gonna show out for the fans other than on TV, get these kids (especially that new defense) all the individual work they can get.........last chance to practice - use it as best as you can.

There's not enough room on the sidelines to have a true scrimmage

Jackrabbit Hog

Stinger for RWIII, they are saying.

factchecker

Man....  I don't understand life at all.

RWIII is one of the best human beings I've met.  A great young man who doesn't deserve this crap.

I really don't care at the impact this has on the Hogs.

The first priority is RWIII and his ability to have a normal and healthy life after football.

RWIII will be successful in any profession he pursues.  Football is not that important.  I just think RWIII deserves better than this.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LRHog

Quote from: southeasthog on April 29, 2017, 12:39:51 pm
I went back and watched it in slow motion. RW3's head impacted Agim's shoulder. Looked like a stinger to me but with what happened before is scary for everyone.

Good call. They just said diagnosed as a stinger. PHEW! Be safe out there boys.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2017, 12:52:06 pm
There's not enough room on the sidelines to have a true scrimmage

The field isn't 55 yds wide?....or there isn't enough room out of bounds to keep a kid from hitting the walls?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: LZH on April 29, 2017, 12:54:45 pm
The field isn't 55 yds wide?....or there isn't enough room out of bounds to keep a kid from hitting the walls?

That second thing you said.

gchamblee

Quote from: factchecker on April 29, 2017, 12:53:12 pm
Man....  I don't understand life at all.

RWIII is one of the best human beings I've met.  A great young man who doesn't deserve this crap.

I really don't care at the impact this has on the Hogs.

The first priority is RWIII and his ability to have a normal and healthy life after football.

RWIII will be successful in any profession he pursues.  Football is not that important.  I just think RWIII deserves better than this.

sounds like he is fine. sounds like they were just being really cautious. reported as a stinger.

HogHomer

Quote from: LZH on April 29, 2017, 12:48:16 pm
Exactly thank you. Everyone gets more reps this way than if we had a game that let's be honest while fun to watch doesn't mean all that much

LZH

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 12:55:16 pm

I just looked and saw that.  Only about 5 yds there....

Add:  That's why I saw a couple of DB's only slap at the ball as a WR ran by them near the sideline.

Jackrabbit Hog

Paul Rhoads reminds me of a football coach.  An old school football coach.

ImHogginIt

Did she just say "strategery" twice ?

thebignasty

But they win

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 29, 2017, 12:59:53 pm
Did she just say "strategery" twice ?

She ain't no scientific rocket, is she?

LZH

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 12:55:16 pm

Not even enough room for a "get back" coach. You'd be throwing a flag if you were the line judge.

ImHogginIt

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2017, 01:03:09 pm
Not even enough room for a "get back" coach. You'd be throwing a flag if you were the line judge.

You must have the wrong guy.  According to factchecker I don't know anything about football.     ;)

factchecker

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:09:31 pm
You must have the wrong guy.  According to factchecker I don't know anything about football.     ;)

Sorry I hurt your feelings.  Keep on bitching though.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RebelW

I'm really liking the LB play so far on D. Hate they don't get to tackle but I've seen them give the offense several different looks

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: factchecker on April 29, 2017, 01:10:42 pm
Sorry I hurt your feelings.  Keep on bitching though.

Have a sense of humor, bud.  Life's too short to be butt hurt all the time.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jackrabbit Hog

Can't wait to hear Atwater.  He looks like he could still play.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

thebignasty

I think y'all ought to report each other.
But they win

LZH

It's hard to get much of a read on alot of these guys because the damn camera switches every 2 seconds to another drill or another shot of Blondie Strategery........

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: thebignasty on April 29, 2017, 01:19:56 pm

We need to play in separate sandboxes, don't we?

Gosh, I miss Steve Atwater types.  Why he's not in the HoF I'll never know.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

thebignasty

Quote from: LZH on April 29, 2017, 01:22:01 pm
It's hard to get much of a read on alot of these guys because the damn camera switches every 2 seconds to another drill or another shot of Blondie Strategery........

I know that they really don't have a format to draw on for filming a practice like this but damn you can hardly see anything.  Would be better to just leave it on the coaches film camera.
But they win

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: thebignasty on April 29, 2017, 01:19:56 pm

Reported to Boardon Hamsay
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:09:31 pm

Obviously, that's why you are a high school referee, duh.....

LZH

Quote from: thebignasty on April 29, 2017, 01:31:13 pm
I know that they really don't have a format to draw on for filming a practice like this but damn you can hardly see anything.  Would be better to just leave it on the coaches film camera.

It's like trying to watch the video your dad took of your trip to Six Flags.....

Jackrabbit Hog