Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mladen Armus, who was recruited by Hogs, will sign in the morning w/ETSU ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, May 15, 2017, 11:01:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FineAsSwine

Lots of talent in Arkansas. You would think that Arkansas, ASU and UALR would be getting these guys and that no one wanted by either of them would leave the state.

Pinto

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 16, 2017, 08:37:33 am
Lots of talent in Arkansas. You would think that Arkansas, ASU and UALR would be getting these guys and that no one wanted by either of them would leave the state.

We'll forever be mediocre if we give scholarships to "guys no one wanted"...

Hawg Red

Quote from: Pinto on May 16, 2017, 10:45:24 am
We'll forever be mediocre if we give scholarships to "guys no one wanted"...

I think you misread what he said.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 16, 2017, 08:37:33 am

Except, these foreign players aren't Arkansas kids and thus they're not necessarily going to be loyal to the in-state teams. Armus just arrived to SCA in August directly from Serbia, so he has no ties or history here. Same with the majority of players who have and will play at SCA.

East TN HAWG

Work in Johnson City, and both my daughters attend ETSU.  The guy in the office beside me is going crazy over this.  Forbes will not be a ETSU long.  He is a really good coach. 

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: East TN HAWG on May 16, 2017, 01:28:59 pm
Work in Johnson City, and both my daughters attend ETSU.  The guy in the office beside me is going crazy over this.  Forbes will not be a ETSU long.  He is a really good coach.

Armus loved Johnson City, said it reminded him of home. Also said that Forbes had a history developing players from Armus' part of the world, and that was a huge factor. Armus had a couple of high-major offers and some other mid-majors that would be considered more prestigious than ETSU, but none of that mattered to him. He went where he felt was the best place for him, and that is so refreshing in an era where so many prospects are seeking/valuing exposure over best fit for playing time and development.

Hawg Red

ETSU got a good one. Mid-major is probably a better fit for him, though I thought, in time, he could have been a solid high-major player. Didn't end up mattering in relation to the Hogs with out the late period unfolded for the staff.

Any word on where Gabe Osabuohien might end up?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 16, 2017, 03:06:45 pm
ETSU got a good one. Mid-major is probably a better fit for him, though I thought, in time, he could have been a solid high-major player. Didn't end up mattering in relation to the Hogs with out the late period unfolded for the staff.

Any word on where Gabe Osabuohien might end up?

Gabe's got high-majors still inquiring, so we'll see what happens. Today is the deadline to sign a NLOI in the spring period, so going forward he will only be able to sign a financial aid agreement.