Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early weather forecast for Red-White Game

Started by HuntsvilleHawgFan, April 25, 2017, 09:55:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntsvilleHawgFan

The early forecast for Saturday in Fayetteville calls for about a 75 percent chance for thunderstorms at noon.  If there is lighting in the area, how patient will the powers that be in waiting out the weather and conducting the game outdoors as planned?  Or would there be a quick decision to either cancel the outdoor game or move it indoors to the Walker facility.  The entire afternoon forecast does not look promising.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: HuntsvilleHawgFan on April 25, 2017, 09:55:30 am
The early forecast for Saturday in Fayetteville calls for about a 75 percent chance for thunderstorms at noon.  If there is lighting in the area, how patient will the powers that be in waiting out the weather and conducting the game outdoors as planned?  Or would there be a quick decision to either cancel the outdoor game or move it indoors to the Walker facility.  The entire afternoon forecast does not look promising.
Where does the game get moved to? that's my main concern
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

HuntsvilleHawgFan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on April 25, 2017, 10:11:37 am
Where does the game get moved to? that's my main concern

They could have a controlled scrimmage in the indoor practice facility in the Walker pavilion, of course it would be closed to the public.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Im sure family of the players could get in though
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hawginbigd1

That forecast sucks, I would imagine they will be a little more patient since the TV crews will be there.

Gonzo

code red

Please do not get anyone hurt.....the spring game is worthless in reality.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

goodguytex

Attendance numbers will be low anyway because of the construction. 

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 25, 2017, 11:14:25 am
That forecast sucks, I would imagine they will be a little more patient since the TV crews will be there.

That's the big question. How/where the coaches conduct the scrimmage has a chance of being different with the SEC Network there, than without. TV rules all ya know.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

FANONTHEHILL

If they moved inside the Walker Pavilion, there would be another logistical issue.  The current plan for the indoor facility after the game is a BBQ/cookout for the players and coaches along with their families.  I suppose they could move that inside the Smith Center dining area if they had to.  Even with just families attending, there still would not be enough room in the indoor for families.  Unless there's lightning, we will all be watching in the rain.  If there's lightning, I imagine it's canceled.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

PorkSoda

Quote from: HuntsvilleHawgFan on April 25, 2017, 09:55:30 am
the rain and altitude benefits the hogs in this matchup.  smash mouth teams always benefit from getting a little muddy.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hoggish1

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hogfan14

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 25, 2017, 11:14:25 am

Plus it wouldn't hurt the recruits there to see the game with fans in the stands