Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One thing is for sure about Ol' Triple Double

Started by EastexHawg, April 19, 2017, 09:38:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

He never stops shooting no matter what.  2 out of 15 with three airballs in your last six shots?  No problem.  Tee up another one!

EastexHawg

Ernie Johnson, talking about Westbrook, said, "18 shots in the fourth quarter, the most by anyone ever"...to which Charles Barkley said, "I damn sure hope so."

Westbrook is now 23 of 63 in two playoff losses.  During the game the color commentator said, "They don't have anyone else who can score." How do they know?  One player is taking an outrageous percentage of their shots.

TomasPistola

Westbrook cost them the game tonight. No doubt in my mind. When he was playing in control with the team, they were winning. Harden sat down and Beverly matched Westbook one on one for the first half of the 4th quarter. I think he rattled Westbrook big time. He was putting up some absolute crap.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: TomasPistola on April 19, 2017, 11:59:30 pm
Westbrook cost them the game tonight. No doubt in my mind. When he was playing in control with the team, they were winning. Harden sat down and Beverly matched Westbook one on one for the first half of the 4th quarter. I think he rattled Westbrook big time. He was putting up some absolute crap.

What you expect? He was facing a Razorback.

J-Five

Westbrook needs to get out of OKC....he should've left when Durant did.
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

onebadrubi

Quote from: J-Five on April 20, 2017, 08:00:18 am
Westbrook needs to get out of OKC....he should've left when Durant did.

Except his contract wasn't up, then he signed an extension

southarkhog06

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 19, 2017, 09:38:56 pm
He never stops shooting no matter what.  2 out of 15 with three airballs in your last six shots?  No problem.  Tee up another one!
So who does he pass it too?

EastexHawg

It's what Westbrook has done throughout his career.  He is and always has been a ball hog who plays recklessly and selfishly in big games or series.  It's who he is.  In the 2012 NBA Finals he took 120 shots in five games...24 per contest.  Other than the one game in which he was hot and made 20 of 32...a game that the Thunder lost, by the way...he made 36% of his attempts.

Meanwhile, Kevin Durant was shooting 55% but averaged less than 21 attempts per game.

At one point last night I think Westbrook came down court and with very virtually no passes to teammates took 12 or 13 Thunder shots in a row.  At least three of them were airballs.  What does that say about his attitude toward his teammates?  Despite what he seems to think at times, he is not a one man team.    Kanter and Adams shot 55% and 57% for the season, respectively.  Last night they got a total of seven shots between them.  Roberson was 7 of 10 in game one and is shooting 59% so far in the playoffs.  How many shots did he get in the 4th quarter while Westbrook was going 4 of 18?

J-Five

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 20, 2017, 08:03:29 am
Except his contract wasn't up, then he signed an extension

He could've demanded a trade, is what I meant. 
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

sp84hogs

He shoots a lot, that much is for sure.  Also, without him this year the Thunder would be picking in the top half of the lottery.  I always figured Houston would win this series as they have the more talented roster and with Harden basically being Westbrook's equal in terms of talent.
"When we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****** difference between winning and losing, between living and dying" - Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

311Hog

April 20, 2017, 10:15:04 am #10 Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:50:09 pm by 311Hog
Westbrook is far from my fav player, but man some of yall are reaching hard.  OKC was winning by double digits in the 3rd Westbrook took a seat for less than a minute and his team mates blew it.  He comes back and presses trying to turn it around and he gets blasted for it? lol wow

The dude maybe an ass, and he maybe a ball hog, but is in fact alone on that team in terms of options.  I mean their 2 guard i forget his name been there forever barely scores 5 a game and his range is free throw line and in.

They are bereft of offensive options.

Edit: yeah it was Roberson i was trying to think of.

yraciv

Quote from: 311Hog on April 20, 2017, 10:15:04 am
Westbrook is far from my fav player, but man some of yall are reaching hard.  OKC was winning by double digits in the 3rd Westbrook took a seat for less than a minute and his team mates blew it.  He comes back and presses trying to turn it around and he gets blasted for it? lol wow

The dude maybe an ass, and he maybe a ball hog, but is in fact alone on that team in terms of options.  I mean their 2 guard i forget his name been there forever barely scores 5 a game and his range is free throw line and in.

They are bereft of offensive options.

Should have played McDermott. He was getting buckets, and actually works well with Westbrook when he is passing.

311Hog

Quote from: yraciv on April 20, 2017, 10:38:20 am
Should have played McDermott. He was getting buckets, and actually works well with Westbrook when he is passing.

no kidding i have no idea why this kid doesn't get more time he seems tailor made for drive and kick set shot 3's

ShadowHawg

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 20, 2017, 08:51:56 am

Wouldn't pass it to KD either so let's not pretend.

Westbrook is one of those guys you let have his shot because he will take so many and hog the ball so much that his teammates can't ever establish a rhythm and he dang sure can't beat you most nights.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: yraciv on April 20, 2017, 10:38:20 am

Completely agreed. McDermott was 3/4 from beyond the arc. When Westbrook was cold as ice in the second half McDermott should have been in getting the ball.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

EastexHawg

Kevin

there is a reason Durant left for less money
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

niels_boar

Cowherd harping on the FG% is an apples to oranges comparison.  Westbrook shoots a lot more treys than Jordan.  Westbrook isn't as efficient as his Airness, who is, but his eFG% is 48%, as compared to around 53% for Jordan in his prime.  During his last championship season Jordan took 32 FGAs and dished 6 assists per 100 possessions and had an eFG% of 47%. Chicago won 69 games.  This season Westbrook on a less talented team took 34 FGAs and dished 15 assists per 100 possessions and shot 48%.  Westbrook had a bad quarter, but the criticism is too harsh about his game in general.  Also, it's easier for the supporting cast to play better with Durant on the court as well.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

311Hog

to me it isn't so much that OKC is not talented their players do things well, but they are all pretty one dimensional, and that dimension isn't offense.  So everything is through Russ, and if the shots aren't falling and they don't really fall for the rest of OKC unless they are at home it is pretty much a wrap.

NWAHog479

I thought this was for Razorback basketball discussion?

niels_boar

Quote from: NWAHog479 on April 20, 2017, 01:25:38 pm

There are only seven active threads. It's not like NBA discussion is crowding out any threads.  Three former Hogs are also playing prominent roles in the playoffs.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

311Hog

really? what gave you that impression "looks at all the other non Razorback basketball related threads...."

NWAHog479

Quote from: 311Hog on April 20, 2017, 01:32:29 pm
really? what gave you that impression "looks at all the other non Razorback basketball related threads...."

"Discuss the Razorback Basketball team in this forum"

southarkhog06

Fat, Old, Lazy dudes crap on guy who makes NBA history.......... because Hogville.

TomasPistola

Quote from: NWAHog479 on April 20, 2017, 01:47:35 pm
"Discuss the Razorback Basketball team in this forum"

Thank you, Jr. Deputy Moderator. You added a lot of substance to the discussion.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: niels_boar on April 20, 2017, 01:18:54 pm
Cowherd harping on the FG% is an apples to oranges comparison.  Westbrook shoots a lot more treys than Jordan.  Westbrook isn't as efficient as his Airness, who is, but his eFG% is 48%, as compared to around 53% for Jordan in his prime.  During his last championship season Jordan took 32 FGAs and dished 6 assists per 100 possessions and had an eFG% of 47%. Chicago won 69 games.  This season Westbrook on a less talented team took 34 FGAs and dished 15 assists per 100 possessions and shot 48%.  Westbrook had a bad quarter, but the criticism is too harsh about his game in general.  Also, it's easier for the supporting cast to play better with Durant on the court as well.

He make a idiotic decisions in crunch time.

Hey folks, analytics say Westbrook is nip and tuck with Jordan. Who's buying?

EastexHawg

Westbrook wasn't just inefficient for a quarter or a game, or against one player for one season 20 years ago.  He was 104th in the league in effective FG% for the entire regular season.  He's just plain not a good shooter from any range other than dunking or making a layup.  He led the league in scoring because he shot hundreds of times more than anyone else.

Razorbackers

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 20, 2017, 08:51:56 am

Folks have come around on how RW pads his stats and stuff. I've seen several of these videos.

He's engineering triple doubles. I'm not sure who he is passing to, but I bet if you found the clips of the scores, they were easy buckets.

BossHog12

To the people that act like Russ refuses to pass... the man averaged 10+ assists over the course of 82 games and is one of the most gifted passers in the league. He knows how to and when to pass the ball.

I place a lot of the blame for the blown lead on Billy Donovan. Thunder offense was flowing all game and in the fourth he let the team devolve into the Russ show. Granted, that has won them a lot of games this year but this is the playoffs. They've got to figure something out and play with some different lineups if they want to make this a series. There's not much on that team besides RW, the fact that they won as many games this year and are competing against a far superior team on the road in the playoffs speaks volume about the ability of Russell to lead this team with his ALL AROUND game. He can do it all.

SONofHAM

Quote from: sp84hogs on April 20, 2017, 09:57:06 am
He shoots a lot, that much is for sure.  Also, without him this year the Thunder would be picking in the top half of the lottery.  I always figured Houston would win this series as they have the more talented roster and with Harden basically being Westbrook's equal in terms of talent.
I don't understand this thought.

Who does Houston have that is so good?  Ariza, Gordon, Williams, Beverley are all nice players but they aren't anything special.  Harrell and Capela are decent bigs but they aren't any better than Adams and Kanter.  Basically the Rockets just have a better system with players that go in that system.  They can shoot the 3 with anyone and they may give the Warriors a run if they can beat the Spurs.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

EastexHawg

Quote from: BossHog12 on April 21, 2017, 10:16:19 am
To the people that act like Russ refuses to pass... the man averaged 10+ assists over the course of 82 games and is one of the most gifted passers in the league. He knows how to and when to pass the ball.

I place a lot of the blame for the blown lead on Billy Donovan. Thunder offense was flowing all game and in the fourth he let the team devolve into the Russ show. Granted, that has won them a lot of games this year but this is the playoffs. They've got to figure something out and play with some different lineups if they want to make this a series. There's not much on that team besides RW, the fact that they won as many games this year and are competing against a far superior team on the road in the playoffs speaks volume about the ability of Russell to lead this team with his ALL AROUND game. He can do it all.

Watch the really good teams and how much one player has possession of the ball.  Take the Warriors, for instance.  Sometimes Curry brings the ball upcourt.  Sometimes Draymond Green brings it up.  Sometimes it is Thompson, or Ian Clark.  They don't have one player constantly bringing the ball to the frontcourt and keeping the ball in his hands until he either shoots or passes late in the shot clock for someone else to shoot.  Golden State is one of the top teams in history in assists per game but no one on the team is close to double figures because no one possesses the ball anywhere close to as much as Westbrook.

As far as the uncontested rebounds go, as soon as the obscure Oscar Robertson triple double stat was mentioned this year it became obvious that both Westbrook and the Thunder made it a priority for him to break it.  He only gets 1-2 contested rebounds per game?  No problem, we will just have the 7 footers get out of the way so Russ can vulture all the easy rebounds after missed free throws and in other uncontested situations...to the tune of something like 8.6 per game.

Just my opinion, but the "record" is a sham.  It's a selfish record planned for and obtained by the most selfish star player in the league.

SONofHAM

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 21, 2017, 02:12:46 pm
Watch the really good teams and how much one player has possession of the ball.  Take the Warriors, for instance.  Sometimes Curry brings the ball upcourt.  Sometimes Draymond Green brings it up.  Sometimes it is Thompson, or Ian Clark.  They don't have one player constantly bringing the ball to the frontcourt and keeping the ball in his hands until he either shoots or passes late in the shot clock for someone else to shoot.  Golden State is one of the top teams in history in assists per game but no one on the team is close to double figures because no one possesses the ball anywhere close to as much as Westbrook.

As far as the uncontested rebounds go, as soon as the obscure Oscar Robertson triple double stat was mentioned this year it became obvious that both Westbrook and the Thunder made it a priority for him to break it.  He only gets 1-2 contested rebounds per game?  No problem, we will just have the 7 footers get out of the way so Russ can vulture all the easy rebounds after missed free throws and in other uncontested situations...to the tune of something like 8.6 per game.

Just my opinion, but the "record" is a sham.  It's a selfish record planned for and obtained by the most selfish star player in the league.
They implemented a "box-out but don't rebound" scheme. 
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

RebHog

So how did harden finish the game tonight eastex......they both reverted back to their selfish play.  :puke:

ShadowHawg

Quote from: BossHog12 on April 21, 2017, 10:16:19 am

Was only able to watch about the last 10 minutes tonight. During Houston's run to get back in it, Westbrook didn't even pass it once on 4 out of 5 possessions and turned it over on the other.

He is so gifted athletically and motor wise, but he has one the worst bball iq's in the history of the game.

He's a maniac.

husker71

Heard one guy say he heard Kobe say "man Westbrook is a selfish player"     probably not true

onebadrubi

Quote from: SONofHAM on April 21, 2017, 11:27:27 am
I don't understand this thought.

Who does Houston have that is so good?  Ariza, Gordon, Williams, Beverley are all nice players but they aren't anything special.  Harrell and Capela are decent bigs but they aren't any better than Adams and Kanter.  Basically the Rockets just have a better system with players that go in that system.  They can shoot the 3 with anyone and they may give the Warriors a run if they can beat the Spurs.

The rockets are build to out score you with only one really good defender in Beverly.   If Houston is making a high percentage of the 45+ plus threes or whatever they average they will beat you.  They were built this way to be able to take on golden state.  The teams front office and staff tells you this publicly.  Nene with his grey beard is probably their second best defender.