Pages:
Actions
  • #51 by HF#1 on 18 Apr 2017
  • I have yet to see a player play harder than Pat Beverly at Arkansas.
  • #52 by Hawg Red on 18 Apr 2017
  • Who do you think should be MVP? Lebron or Kawhi?

I honestly feel that Kawhi Leonard is the best player in the NBA right now.
  • #53 by Big Nasty 34 on 18 Apr 2017
  • I honestly feel that Kawhi Leonard is the best player in the NBA right now.

He can do a lot of great things that's for sure. I enjoy watching he and the Spurs play.
  • #54 by EastexHawg on 18 Apr 2017
  • Who do you think should be MVP? Lebron or Kawhi?

I don't feel strongly one way or another.  I don't even have a problem with Westbrook winning it.  Off the top of my head I think there are probably six players in the NBA who are "more valuable" than the rest in terms of what they mean to their teams' success and the power structure of the entire league:

Westbrook
    Harden
    LeBron
    Steph Curry
    Leonard
    Isaiah Thomas

I happen to dislike Westbrook more than any of those guys, but if he wins the MVP so be it.  He's a good candidate.
  • #55 by Artex501 on 18 Apr 2017
  • More than any of that, he's just a punk.  Watch him play one game and that much is obvious.

I would have agreed with you before this past season. Something about the I don't need you season that he is having changed my mind about him, really has become on of my favorites to cheer for after our former hogs of course.
  • #56 by JayBell on 18 Apr 2017
  • Lebron and Steph are great, but I don't think either belongs in the MVP discussion this year.  Every argument for Lebron, as far as how dynamic his game is, applies just as much to Kawhi this season and Kawhi is the better defender.

Really, it's Westbrook, Harden and everyone else.  I don't think Thomas and Antetokounmpo are getting near enough credit.  Antetokounmpo improved in virtually every category and led his (playoff) team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals.  They were 22-29 with Jabari Parker and 20-11 without him.
  • #57 by EastexHawg on 18 Apr 2017
  • Lebron and Steph are great, but I don't think either belongs in the MVP discussion this year.  Every argument for Lebron, as far as how dynamic his game is, applies just as much to Kawhi this season and Kawhi is the better defender.

Really, it's Westbrook, Harden and everyone else.  I don't think Thomas and Antetokounmpo are getting near enough credit.  Antetokounmpo improved in virtually every category and led his (playoff) team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals.  They were 22-29 with Jabari Parker and 20-11 without him.

Curry's season so far isn't up to last year's standard, but he is maybe the greatest pure shooter in history and the best player on a team that has won more games in a three year stretch than any in the history of the league.  I personally think he is more valuable than either Westbrook or Harden in terms of his effect on the power structure of the league, but I agree with you that when it comes down to a vote the race is going to be between those two.  I think Leonard will finish third.
  • #58 by Big Nasty 34 on 19 Apr 2017

The Cavs are like 3-19 without Lebron since he's been back with them. Harden's season is more of a result of the system IMO.
  • #59 by HamSammich on 19 Apr 2017
  • Lets see if P. Bev can be a hero again tonight fellas!
Pages:
Actions