Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uhhhh...Macon tweet

Started by batmanfan, April 14, 2017, 08:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on April 14, 2017, 10:06:47 pm
Welcome back

It is crazy how so many "fans" only show up when they can take a dump on the team.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

forrest city joe

Quote from: factchecker on April 14, 2017, 10:19:04 pm
It is crazy how so many "fans" only show up when they can take a dump on the team.
They grasp at anything in hopes of getting Mike out of here. but nothing is working. he is going to be the coach here no matter if they like it or not.they may as well move on.

Ironhawg

So I am confused; is he staying or going?  I saw the tweet but it's gone now.  If he is back, GREAT!  If not, that makes getting a quality guard who can step into the rotation next year more important.

factchecker

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 10:27:34 pm
They grasp at anything in hopes of getting Mike out of here. but nothing is working. he is going to be the coach here no matter if they like it or not.they may as well move on.

I understand not liking the prospect of Macon and/or Barford leaving.  They were/are two key players on our team.  I want them to do whatever they feel is best for their family.

I don't understand the fans who ONLY show up to talk crap about their "favorite team".  There is a dedicated group of posters whose only purpose is to post when something is perceived as negative or to post "I know we won but......"  bullcrap.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RaisinHog

O look a thread about CJ Jones being the next freaking MJ and Macon leaving ! Awsome

forrest city joe

Quote from: factchecker on April 14, 2017, 10:30:15 pm
I understand not liking the prospect of Macon and/or Barford leaving.  They were/are two key players on our team.  I want them to do whatever they feel is best for their family.

I don't understand the fans who ONLY show up to talk crap about their "favorite team".  There is a dedicated group of posters whose only purpose is to post when something is perceived as negative or to post "I know we won but......"  bullcrap.
I just posted why they do it. notice how most of them went away when the Hogs started winning all those games after Mizzo and Vandy?it's all about them not getting their way in getting Mike fired. they can't get over it. so a grasp at anything they think may help.but nothing is working for them.Mike is going to be the coach.

TebowHater

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 14, 2017, 10:11:28 pm
LOL.

It says something about you that you take the uneducated opinions of people on this board instead of researching for yourself. Mock drafts are everywhere if you care to look.

If you and the geniuses on the board had looked at any when Qualls left you would have seen he was a solid second round pick who had moved from not even being on the board at the start of the season to being just outside the first round on some mock drafts with an outside chance of being late first round with some good team workouts.

I don't recall the posts about Qualls had better stay or he will blow his knee out. Kind of reminds me of the Christmas movie where they keep telling the kid he will shoot his eye out if he gets a bb gun.

I think the hater part of your handle fits you though. For a minute I thought I was going to have a genuine conversation.

To be clear, I do not use the opinions of this board for my opinion; hence my stance here despite being in the minority. I used that as an example, as it seemed you were part of the board-group. I apologize if that is not true.

Qualls decision was not good. He would have been the star of the following year's team and would have been in the spotlight all season. His stock would have improved. Granted, I do agree losing BP could have hurt his production, but I think the spotlight / attention would have propelled him higher. Most do seem to agree.

I absolutely do NOT want Mike fired. ALL I want is the hogs to win. If this Macon thing is a fluke and he comes back, I will be ecstatic.  What I do think is that IF MA cannot retain talent, we will never get next-level good. If he can, then that's great, and no one will be more happy than me.

forrest city joe

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 10:40:00 pm
To be clear, I do not use the opinions of this board for my opinion; hence my stance here despite being in the minority. I used that as an example, as it seemed you were part of the board-group. I apologize if that is not true.

Qualls decision was not good. He would have been the star of the following year's team and would have been in the spotlight all season. His stock would have improved. Granted, I do agree losing BP could have hurt his production, but I think the spotlight / attention would have propelled him higher. Most do seem to agree.

I absolutely do NOT want Mike fired. ALL I want is the hogs to win. If this Macon thing is a fluke and he comes back, I will be ecstatic.  What I do think is that IF MA cannot retain talent, we will never get next-level good. If he can, then that's great, and no one will be more happy than me.
What do you want him to do,put a Gun to their head and make them stay?recruit bad players so they will stay? Mike Anderson or any coach can't stop a player from leaving if they want to go.it's not that hard to understand.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 10:49:36 pm
What do you want him to do,put a Gun to their head and make them stay?recruit bad players so they will stay? Mike Anderson or any coach can't stop a player from leaving if they want to go.it's not that hard to understand.

Just like he can't get a player to come here that doesn't want to. Is it any different than recruiting?

TebowHater

April 14, 2017, 10:58:41 pm #109 Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 11:21:02 pm by TebowHater
Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 10:49:36 pm

What do I want? To be good. What does that take? Securing good players. How he achieves that (short of NCAA violations), I don't care. Basically, I want a coach that players want to play for. These players are choosing to no longer play for MA; meanwhile, many players elsewhere are choosing to stay to play for their coach. Those coaches then win.

Quote from: Hog Pharm on April 14, 2017, 10:52:25 pm
Just like he can't get a player to come here that doesn't want to. Is it any different than recruiting?

Nope no different at all; if anything, should be easier as your players should look up to you / you should be their mentor once in college whereas their HS/AAU/parents/etc. are the main mentors in HS. But exactly the issue. It's a chronic problem. To date, he hasn't been able to keep the best HS players in the state nor keep the best Razorbacks on the team. Keep BP and MQ, looking at an Elite 8 or F4 team that year. Get Kevaughn Allen and Monk, looking at a F4 or NC team this year. I am not saying it's easy, all I am saying is he has not been able to do these things, and if he had been able to, we would have been very good - it is doing these things that is requisite to being very good.

Those tides seem to be turning; if they are, that is huge - we should and will be good! If we lose our current players who have no hope of getting drafted this year, it appears MA really just does not have it in him. For one reason or another, players time and time again will have (again, IF they leave...if they stay, great - there is not an issue) demonstrated they do not want to play for him.

jry04

Remember when I said he was enjoying the attention a few weeks ago? Remember when I said he was constantly tweeting suspicious stuff and then deleting it? This one tops it all.

reddawg213

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 10:58:41 pm
What do I want? To be good. What does that take? Securing good players. How he achieves that (short of NCAA violations), I don't care. Basically, I want a coach that players want to play for. These players are choosing to no longer play for MA; meanwhile, many players elsewhere are choosing to stay to play for their coach. Those coaches then win.

Nope no different at all; if anything, should be easier as your players should look up to you / you should be their mentor once in college whereas their HS/AAU/parents/etc. are the main mentors in HS. But exactly the issue. It's a chronic problem. To date, he hasn't been able to keep the best HS players in the state nor keep the best Razorbacks on the team. Keep BP and MQ, looking at an Elite 8 or F4 team that year. Get Kevaughn Allen and Monk, looking at a F4 or NC team this year. I am not saying it's easy, all I am saying is he has not been able to do these things, and if he had been able to, we would have been very good - it is doing these things that is requisite to being very good.

Those tides seem to be turning; if they are, that is huge - we should and will be good! If we lose our current players who have no hope of getting drafted this year, it appears MA really just does not have it in him. For one reason or another, players time and time again will have (again, IF they leave - if they stay, great - there is not an issue) demonstrated they do not want to play for him.

(Please don't throw the one exception of BP who would have come here just about no matter what)

I've heard directly from a reliable source this exact feeling about CMA and staff.

SONofHAM

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 10:58:41 pm

Those tides seem to be turning; if they are, that is huge - we should and will be good! If we lose our current players who have no hope of getting drafted this year, it appears MA really just does not have it in him. For one reason or another, players time and time again will have (again, IF they leave...if they stay, great - there is not an issue) demonstrated they do not want to play for him.

The pro-Mike guys just can't grasp that you can like Mike, and hope he succeeds...but yet still question what is going on inside our program.  How some of them can say that losing these players wouldn't mean a thing is just amazing.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

onebadrubi

Quote from: SONofHAM on April 14, 2017, 11:48:02 pm
The pro-Mike guys just can't grasp that you can like Mike, and hope he succeeds...but yet still question what is going on inside our program.  How some of them can say that losing these players wouldn't mean a thing is just amazing.

Head meets sand. 

Nolan's Boots

Stop hanging on these kids every word. It will be okay. #teamanderson
Pigs Gon Fly Today Brotha

azhog10

Quote from: jry04 on April 14, 2017, 11:01:48 pm
Remember when I said he was enjoying the attention a few weeks ago? Remember when I said he was constantly tweeting suspicious stuff and then deleting it? This one tops it all.
Said the same thing.

forrest city joe

You haters can cry all you want.Mike is going to be coach here.and he is going to be no matter if you like it or not.carry on.

hoglady

I didn't think the tweet was that weird - everyone went too crazy over it.
He and Barford announced they were entering the NBA draft, not hiring an agent, going through the NBA combine, get feedback and see where they're at.
That Macon would send out a thank you tweet to the fans and University fits perfectly with what he's doing right now.
If they get good feedback - one or both may be gone.
If they don't -  my guess is both will be back.

Seems to me today is the same as yesterday and the day before regarding the status of Macon and Barford.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Rawker

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 09:12:28 pm
Yes i can deny it. i love Macon. but i think C.J.Jones can be better than him.just remember i posted this.CJ is going to be really good next year.the program will be fine next year.

I try to be with you when I can, and I don't target you when I'm pissed about losing one game like so many on here....but on this one, you've lost your mind.  CJ looks like he can shoot pretty well, but I've been watching Macon since HS and there are very few with his solid ability in the clutch, especially his free throws.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: hoglady on April 15, 2017, 12:53:07 am
He and Barford announced they were entering the NBA draft, not hiring an agent, going through the NBA combine, get feedback and see where they're at.
That Macon would send out a thank you tweet to the fans and University fits perfectly with what he's doing right now.

Seems to me today is the same as yesterday and the day before regarding the status of Macon and Barford.

You're making way too much sense to be posting in this thread!

Rawker

What amazes me is how seldom Hog fans look outside their tiny, little, nearly insignificant bubble.  Go out and offer to help coach an AAU team, for instance - yes, you can actually do that with a little bit of Bball knowledge - and you will find that EVERYWHERE....EVERYWHERE....this is a systemic issue in basketball, starting as soon as these kids are able to be in a program that feeds into the semi-ultimate goal of D1 basketball and the ultimate goal of pro ball.  I don't care if you're pro-this or pro-that, this is not a MA thing.  Have you not been paying attention?  Half the guys on the Hog's recruiting radar are kids that are leaving their previous program for reasons that are between half-legitimate to completely puzzling.  There are 500+(!!!) kids trying to transfer out of their program!  And once their transfer options have about ended, they're looking at professional options.  Like, all of them.  Yes, it REALLY REALLY sucks for Arkansas, because with Qualls more advisedly staying for his final year, for example, we would have gone to the tourney again and he might have even been a 1st round pick after that, which would have done so much to increase program visibility even more than a lot of these recent recruits have done.  I'll agree that it has been particularly unlucky for the Hogs because the guys that have departed could have helped bridge the program to higher places earlier in Mike's tenure here (Qualls was the biggest hit in my opinion), but Mike would have to change the landscape of the whole of CBB to keep this from happening.  It sucks, but this is not a Hog thing....it's all of CBB.

hawg66

Looks like the title of this thread should have been "Read and jump off that ledge ".

The OTR

He's staying.  I read somewhere that there was a 99.9% chance he'd stay. That was good enough for me.

The Hogfather

TNhawgfan

Quote from: jry04 on April 14, 2017, 11:01:48 pm
This one does top them. It's a kid being a kid and not knowing how to deal with the biggest decision of his life. I would have been crazy if i had to do that at 20
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

King Kong

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on April 15, 2017, 07:35:33 am
He's staying.  I read somewhere that there was a 99.9% chance he'd stay. That was good enough for me.

99.9% chance he goes.....

Oh crap now you read that somewhere! What do you believe?

FineAsSwine

Yep. Nothing new.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ShadowHawg

I felt the same way when I first saw it. I thought I saw a kid excited about.being able to test the NBA waters and being thankful to the program and fans who gave him a stage where he could possibly fulfill two of his biggest dreams.

Of course the haters jumped all over this as another chance to bash MA and proclaim next season as a disaster. When I read hater crap during something like this, I realize if we really are cursed as a program it's what  we deserve for not marginalizing such bitter negativity from within our own ranks.

RedyorNot

Article yesterday on SEC Country also cites Macon is open to playing overseas or in the D- League. So many sources, so little accuracy, so who knows.

McKdaddy

The pro-Mike guys just can't grasp that you can like Mike, and hope he succeeds...but yet still question what is going on inside our program.

Agreed. It's okay to question things and be a Mike supporter.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

RazorWest

Love Macon and wish he would come back, but he wasn't even a starter towards the end when the hogs were heating up. I know everyone says starting doesn't matter for the hogs but I'm not so sure

The_Iceman

If he leaves, everyone will be thinking it:

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 15, 2017, 10:31:58 am
If he leaves, everyone will be thinking it:

Welcome to Hogville....Home of the Hate.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

PharmacistHog

This has zero to do with Mike in my opinion, but anybody that thinks Macon will just easily be replaced is a loon.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

hoglady

Quote from: PharmacistHog on April 15, 2017, 11:00:57 am
This has zero to do with Mike in my opinion, but anybody that thinks Macon will just easily be replaced is a loon.

I agree with that.
That kid was the difference is so many games this year. Starting or coming off the bench.
Just his ability to make clutch free throws will be hard to reproduce. Not many can do it time after time like Macon did.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

McKdaddy

Quote from: PharmacistHog on April 15, 2017, 11:00:57 am

Agreed. Macon has a Mayberry steely-cool about him on the court.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

HogHomer

For the people saying players don't want to play for Mike. How about they would rather play for their family? Some players have kids others have brothers and sisters, moms and dads to take care of. But no, let's make this about Mike Anderson being bad at his job.

The players are real people who have their own problems and situations.

Porked Tongue

Macon is a fickle one.

He knows that he won't be drafted but seems to be trying to use that as a platform to gauge foreign interest.

He straight up balked at leaving about 10 days ago but recent actions show him behaving erratically.  This mirrors Qualls a bit except Mike decided he was going and never balked despite Anderson thinking he was staying.  I said it hear he was going early on and the denials and surprise when he left were unwarranted.  That was a done deal.

In just one week's time I'm dropping my 98% to a straight 50/50 prop.  He's going to need someone to talk him into "not going".  Agents and handlers have his ear and they are telling him what he wants to hear about playing some kind of pro ball.

HamSammich

It's the same two agents that talk these kids into mistakes. Mike needs to keep these guys away from our players. They are poison

jry04

You could be right, but players typically do not write what he wrote unless they are saying goodbye. He mentioned he will always be a Razorback and enjoyed his time at the U of A, as if it were coming to an end. He had to know what people would think by posting that. You make an announcement you are coming back or you are leaving, but you don't just make a random thank you for my time here if you are still undecided unless you are seeking attention. I would be more likely to give him the benefit of the doubt of a simple misunderstanding if he had not spent the last 3-4 weeks tweeting at fans about how he could leave, etc.

I personally think him coming back will do him a lot of good, but I also understand that him leaving will allow him to have an extra year of getting paid to play basketball, wherever that may be. I will not blame him for doing what is best for him, but him appearing to constantly seek attention has been quite annoying.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: The ColonelHog on April 15, 2017, 12:23:47 pm
I am so confused!  It amazes me how people on these boards trash athletes who make decisions based on their own desires and needs.  It doesn't matter if either decide to stay or go, they are Hogs for life.  They provided us entertainment for a season but just as ALL of us do, they are evaluating their current situation and will take action based on their OWN needs.  Who are we to question another man's decision?  Oh yeah, they may choose not to entertain Hog Nation another season so it makes them uninformed, making bad choices, and MA is deficient because a man chooses what his best for his immediate family.  Some on these boards need to get a life!
Free country for sure.

But these agents are also culprits.  They are steering the kids in a way it benefits them(Agents).  I have issue with them as some kind of watchdog for the kids interest.  If a kid is not a sure fire NBA pick, the agent is particularly bothersome. 

hoglady

Quote from: jry04 on April 15, 2017, 12:47:39 pm
You could be right, but players typically do not write what he wrote unless they are saying goodbye. He mentioned he will always be a Razorback and enjoyed his time at the U of A, as if it were coming to an end. He had to know what people would think by posting that. You make an announcement you are coming back or you are leaving, but you don't just make a random thank you for my time here if you are still undecided unless you are seeking attention. I would be more likely to give him the benefit of the doubt of a simple misunderstanding if he had not spent the last 3-4 weeks tweeting at fans about how he could leave, etc.

I personally think him coming back will do him a lot of good, but I also understand that him leaving will allow him to have an extra year of getting paid to play basketball, wherever that may be. I will not blame him for doing what is best for him, but him appearing to constantly seek attention has been quite annoying.

I still doubt much has changed in Macon's mind over the last few weeks.
Anderson said Macon and Barford were going to test the NBA water's just like Kingsley did last year.
At this point, I doubt either one knows for sure what the future holds.
Fans are too impatient - just going to have to wait, let both these players do their thing over the next couple of weeks and see what happens.
It's senseless to hang on a kid's every tweet.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The ColonelHog on April 15, 2017, 12:23:47 pm
I am so confused!  It amazes me how people on these boards trash athletes who make decisions based on their own desires and needs.  It doesn't matter if either decide to stay or go, they are Hogs for life.  They provided us entertainment for a season but just as ALL of us do, they are evaluating their current situation and will take action based on their OWN needs.  Who are we to question another man's decision?  Oh yeah, they may choose not to entertain Hog Nation another season so it makes them uninformed, making bad choices, and MA is deficient because a man chooses what his best for his immediate family.  Some on these boards need to get a life!
Yeah because nobody but the individual involved can tell a DA decision from a good one! C'mon man!

Hogberry Snortcake

Can CMA get Qualls to drop by and maybe talk a little sense? 

HogsonHicks

A 21 year-old young man is understandably unsure and undecided.  You can't blame him. 

Hinging your well-being (and for some, sanity) on haphazard tweets from this undecided 21 year-old seems like a bad idea.  Somehow blaming Anderson for the tweets and potential actions of this 21 year-old seems like an even worse idea.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HogsonHicks on April 15, 2017, 01:34:29 pm
A 21 year-old young man is understandably unsure and undecided.  You can't blame him. 

Hinging your well-being (and for some, sanity) on haphazard tweets from this undecided 21 year-old seems like a bad idea.  Somehow blaming Anderson for the tweets and potential actions of this 21 year-old seems like an even worse idea.

The idiots here will blame anderson for everything.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: tncbg on April 15, 2017, 02:15:11 pm
Macon is not going anywhere. He's a good player, but not NBA ready. If Kevaughn Allen isn't going, why would Macon even consider it? Ridiculous.
NBA isn't the only option. 

Birminghog

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on April 15, 2017, 01:09:24 pm
Can CMA get Qualls to drop by and maybe talk a little sense?

I'm hoping that they talk to Moses, someone they know and trust, and that he tells them that returning was the right idea.

azhog10

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 15, 2017, 02:27:58 pm
The idiots here will blame anderson for everything.
Its truly amazing.