Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uhhhh...Macon tweet

Started by batmanfan, April 14, 2017, 08:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

forrest city joe

Quote from: batmanfan on April 14, 2017, 08:17:22 pm
https://twitter.com/YoD4__/status/853052553654939653

??? ??? ??? ???
Wish Macon nothing but the best. he needs to do what is best for him and his family. if he leaves,he leaves.the program will be just fine.C.J. Jones will step up. i am excited with or without Macon.this program is strong under Mike Anderson.

AlmaHog2011

Have expected Macon to leave. Glad he came for a year and wish him well. Just by watching how Mike has been recruiting I think he knew it was likely Macon would leave. I actually think he can play in the NBA. Not get drafted but he has the skill and is a good enough athlete to make it in the NBA.
Now hope Mike can close on some of these late recruits. I am not worried one bit. Sign Mike to an extension and lets get rolling.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

mhuff

Hogimus Prime

Glad he got to live out his dream of being a Razorback. Wish him the best

forrest city joe

He needs to do what is best for he and his family.he may make it or not make it. but i am 100% pulling for him to make it in basketball by getting paid.i can not wait to see C.J.Jones play next year. i think he can match or put up better numbers than Macon. his offensive talent is off the charts.

Hawg Red

We're cursed. That's all there is to it. So many players have gone pro early with little chance to be drafted.

SONofHAM

What is it about our program that makes so many non-NBA players leave early?

Mike has to figure this out and make changes.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

latrops

Crap.  Does any program have more players with iffy NBA prospects leave eligibility on the table?

ADavisTheGOAT

You can kiss any shot at an NCAA tournament next year goodbye
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

latrops

So Anderson can get "one and done" recruits.
:-\

pigroots

He cannot be replaced by a freshman. He was a warrior and he was clutch. Good luck to DM if he leaves but another year would give him a much better shot at the next level

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 14, 2017, 08:45:29 pm
Hogs will be in the Dance again next year.we have a chance to add even more 4 stars to the 2017 class.this program has tured the corner and will be strong for years under Mike Anderson.remember what i told you guys after the losses to Mizzo and Vandy,when a lot of you wanted Mike fired?i was right then. and i will be right again.the Hogs will be fine next year.just sit back and enjoy.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 14, 2017, 08:45:29 pm
Wrong.Stop,just stop.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hawg Red

Quote from: latrops on April 14, 2017, 08:44:17 pm
Crap.  Does any program have more players with iffy NBA prospects leave eligibility on the table?

Seems like it happens to the Hogs A LOT.

pigture perfect

I didn't see anything there but a grateful kid who wanted to say thanks. I will hold that opinion until I see that he has signed with an agent.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

forrest city joe

Quote from: SONofHAM on April 14, 2017, 08:40:46 pm

Do you guys ever stop? Mike has nothing to do with this.there is nothing for him to stop.players come,and players go.PERIOD!you gloom and Doom folks were the same ones who said the program was dead after the Mizzo loss.you were wrong then.and you will be wrong again.

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hawg Red

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 14, 2017, 08:56:29 pm
I didn't see anything there but a grateful kid who wanted to say thanks. I will hold that opinion until I see that he has signed with an agent.

Reports indicate that to be a near-eventually, my friend. Wish him well but I'm honestly pretty ticked at this one. Just frustrating that this keeps happening when we're on the verge of something.

ShadowHawg

What did you suggest?

wavybone

So Markel Crawford anyone?

rhog1

says invalid tweet what did it say? I am assuming it said he's gone.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2017, 08:59:34 pm
Reports indicate that to be a near-eventually, my friend. Wish him well but I'm honestly pretty ticked at this one. Just frustrating that this keeps happening when we're on the verge of something.
Why are you ticked? the program is in great shape.we have an outstanding coach who is recruiting better than he ever has. the program is strong and getting stronger.

TomasPistola

Tweet deleted. Interesting.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

latrops

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 08:57:56 pm
Do you guys ever stop? Mike has nothing to do with this.there is nothing for him to stop.players come,and players go.PERIOD!you gloom and Doom folks were the same ones who said the program was dead after the Mizzo loss.you were wrong then.and you will be wrong again.

Been going on for years....well before Mike became head coach here.  Still, it is a problem.  It is fine for Portis types to leave early, but when you repeatedly have players that ultimately do not get drafted leave early it is only that much tougher to sustain any meaningful success.

Letsroll1200

Meanwhile Kevaughn Allen at Florida a all SEC first teamer is getting ready for his junior season.

tophawg19

may be reading too much into it . Lets wait and see what the NBA report says when he gets it back
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hogimus Prime

This sucks but MA and the Higs will be alright.  MA and staff have been hitting the recruiting trail hard.  This would be a great spot for a Markel Crawford type, that can come in and be a key player for a year, grdduate and still have an open spot for 2017

ShadowHawg

Maybe MA just deleted the text, LOL.

Hog Pharm

2 steps forward, 2 steps back. We really needed to continue the momentum forward and make the tournament again next year. Now it's going to be extremely difficult. Losing the majority of our scoring again. SMH

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 09:03:54 pm
Why are you ticked? the program is in great shape.we have an outstanding coach who is recruiting better than he ever has. the program is strong and getting stronger.

Because we could have been really special with him and Barford back. We're right that the program is getting stronger but that's why it's so frustrating. You cannot deny that this loss weakens for next season.

Bacon_Bitz

Any doubt removed by the Razorback nation report

TebowHater

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2017, 09:07:50 pm
Because we could have been really special with him and Barford back. We're right that the program is getting stronger but that's why it's so frustrating. You cannot deny that this loss weakens for next season.

Gigantic loss. That's the difference in really good teams besides UK - seniors coming back

forrest city joe

Quote from: latrops on April 14, 2017, 09:04:12 pm
Been going on for years....well before Mike became head coach here.  Still, it is a problem.  It is fine for Portis types to leave early, but when you repeatedly have players that ultimately do not get drafted leave early it is only that much tougher to sustain any meaningful success.
That's on the player,and not the coach.nothing any coach can or should do about it.players should do what they say is best for them and their family.PERIOD!

PorkRinds

ShadowHawg

It certainly doesn't help, but I got the impression that Macon wasn't happy with his role most of the season.

TebowHater

:puke:
Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 09:09:27 pm
That's on the player,and not the coach.nothing any coach can or should do about it.players should do what they say is best for them and their family.PERIOD!

How, then, does it not happen to other schools like UNC? Gonzaga? South Carolina? etc.

rhames

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on April 14, 2017, 09:08:57 pm
Any doubt removed by the Razorback nation report

They were just going off of his tweet.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 14, 2017, 09:10:02 pm
It certainly doesn't help, but I got the impression that Macon wasn't happy with his role most of the season.

That crap is getting frustrating, too. Tired of hearing that.

forrest city joe

Yes i can deny it. i love Macon. but i think C.J.Jones can be better than him.just remember i posted this.CJ is going to be really good next year.the program will be fine next year.

forrest city joe

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 09:10:14 pm
:puke:
How, then, does it not happen to other schools like UNC? Gonzaga? South Carolina? etc.

Because different people make different decisions.simple as that.players leaving is nothing new.and nothing a coach can do about it.get excited about CJ Jones.

Hawg Red

C.J. Jones can be but he isn't going to go from hardly playing meaningful action to being better than Macon immediately. That's just not going to happen. Macon was/is a big time player for the Hogs. We hope Jones will be. I'm hoping Macon might have come to his senses now that he deleted the tweet.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2017, 09:12:18 pm
That crap is getting frustrating, too. Tired of hearing that.

It is frustrating. I just felt like he was inconsistent and uncomfortable unless he had control of the ball. He was definitely the biggest ball stopper on the team which isn't unusual early on for a juco guard. He would have been better about it next season more than likely. Oh well, they all leave sometime.

SONofHAM

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 08:57:56 pm
Bud, you can kick rocks.  How is what I said "doom and gloom?"  I didn't blame Mike for anything.  I said our coach needs to figure out why this is happening and make changes. 

I feel sorry for you that you have to beat your chest over and over on a message board about how right you were in some argument from months ago.  Grow up troll.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 09:15:01 pm
Because different people make different decisions.simple as that.players leaving is nothing new.and nothing a coach can do about it.get excited about CJ Jones.

What will you check down to if C.J. Jones transfers?

You can't hide from losing Macon hurting the Hogs for next season. That's a fool's stance.