Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Markel Crawford. this thread from the Memphis forum

Started by forrest city joe, April 05, 2017, 09:47:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Quote from: NWAHog479 on April 12, 2017, 09:20:02 am
Hardy is visiting us for 3 days this weekend, we pulled Weathers visit... Sounds like one is coming here and the other is going to OSU.

It does seem like the coaches feel good about Hardy, so I hope we see a commit this weekend.

The_Iceman

King Kong

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 19, 2017, 10:19:40 pm
So much for going to a NCAA Tournament team.

IMO he probably makes them a NCAAT team.

hogcam

Hawg Red

King Kong

Quote from: hogcam on April 20, 2017, 08:58:51 am
Just like he made Memphis one?

That is a stupid comment.

Ole Miss was 22-14 and is only losing one key player from last year Saiz and is now adding this kid who was good enough to drop 28 on SC.

In case you didn't watch Davis and Tyree for Ole Piss can play. Dominik Olejniczak is a 7ft transfer they like.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hogcam on April 20, 2017, 08:58:51 am
Just like he made Memphis one?

Most people try to hide their ignorance.

However, you like to come right out show everyone how uninformed you are.

yraciv

Quote from: King Kong on April 20, 2017, 09:09:53 am

Ole Miss was 22-14 and is only losing one key player from last year Saiz and is now adding this kid who was good enough to drop 28 on SC.

In case you didn't watch Davis and Tyree for Ole Piss can play. Dominik Olejniczak is a 7ft transfer they like.

They look like a NIT team to me. Still plenty of teams in the SEC I like better.  Burnett likes to shoot them out of games, and Tyree may as well next year. I like Davis, but the 7 ft guy isn't a huge rim protector and the recruiting class isn't adding someone that appears to be a game changer.  Saiez was the game changer, but without him they look to be heavily guard oriented and fairly weak in the post.

hogcam

Quote from: yraciv on April 20, 2017, 10:49:59 am
They look like a NIT team to me. Still plenty of teams in the SEC I like better.  Burnett likes to shoot them out of games, and Tyree may as well next year. I like Davis, but the 7 ft guy isn't a huge rim protector and the recruiting class isn't adding someone that appears to be a game changer.  Saiez was the game changer, but without him they look to be heavily guard oriented and fairly weak in the post.
THIS. And Memphis had more talent last year than Ole Miss is my point.  He is a good player, but let's not act like he just made them a national contender.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogcam on April 20, 2017, 11:48:19 am
THIS. And Memphis had more talent last year than Ole Miss is my point.  He is a good player, but let's not act like he just made them a national contender.

Memphis was an absolute mess last year. I think that's fairly obvious at this point. Talent is one aspect of a program. Ole Miss might or might not make the NCAA tournament this coming season, but Crawford is definitely a positive in that regard. He'd have helped Arkansas' NCAA tournament chances. Both Arkansas and Ole Miss are much, much more stable programs than Memphis is currently. That's a big deal. So a guy like Crawford can go to a program like that and help put it over the top even though he was on a talented Memphis team that had very poor chemistry and myriad problems behind the scenes. It was a statement that lacked thought or context, IMO.

King Kong

Quote from: yraciv on April 20, 2017, 10:49:59 am

That's fine. I can see that take. But I'm sure you also agree Ole Piss will be better with Crawford on board. Unlike the uneducated poster I was responding to

hogcam

Quote from: King Kong on April 20, 2017, 12:21:04 pm
That's fine. I can see that take. But I'm sure you also agree Ole Piss will be better with Crawford on board. Unlike the uneducated poster I was responding to
I do not know what you were reading? I do think they will be better with him than without him.  I do not believe he made them a for sure tournament team though.

hogcam

mhuff

Not impressed with the effort to get him on the Hill. When Scotty is the contact, things happen in a hurry . Just doesn't seem like a bonifide effort to get back into Memphis.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: King Kong on April 20, 2017, 09:09:53 am

Unless they find an adequate replacement for Saiz then they will not be as good.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HamSammich

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 06, 2017, 11:13:38 am
So making a decision is all about attention? I keep seeing people say he's trying to get attention but I follow him on twitter and haven't really seen much. Just wondering where "all of this" is coming from because I haven't seen him say much about it.
god I wish I was so cool to follow kids on twitter

PorkRinds

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on April 06, 2017, 08:15:04 am
What's up with Tiger High all of a sudden?  Tubby seems to have players fleeing left and right?
The Lawson family cut ties with Memphis and Detric Lawson transferred to Kansas.  Tiger High had hired Detric's dad to a position in order to get Detric to sign.  He did sign.  Then Josh Pastner left for Ga Tech and Tubby came in. He kept the dad on staff but sort of demoted him--still paid him the same $$ but demoted him.  I guess the dad had enough and his son transferred to Kansas plus there is at least one more younger brother, maybe two, that are coming of age and they are all very talented.  I guess once the Lawsons left, maybe other kids saw the handwriting on the wall and want to get the H out of there.  Not really sure. 

I despise Memphis program but I like Tubby.  Think he is a class guy. Dont know how he is going to do at MEM.  He must be counting on "coaching up" some 3 or 4 stars cause he doesnt recruit like Cal or Pastner did.  Doesnt seem like he gets in on as many big time national recruits.  Guess we will see.

1hawgballer2

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 06, 2017, 06:12:39 am
Grad Transfer. Crawford does not have to sit out

Response: That's true a college Grad transfer is eligible immediately, and we still have a scholarship available or did Harris take that one.

navyhog24

Quote from: ricolacey on May 18, 2017, 09:34:15 am
Response: That's true a college Grad transfer is eligible immediately, and we still have a scholarship available or did Harris take that one.

Harris took it.

King Kong

Quote from: ricolacey on May 18, 2017, 09:34:15 am

Question: Why are to responding to a post that is over a month old and is no longer relevant

FineAsSwine

Quote from: King Kong on May 18, 2017, 09:40:59 am
Question: Why are to responding to a post that is over a month old and is no longer relevant

Cause there is no real news so we just make up crap to talk about until something interesting happens, or maybe we just like to take sides for and against and rip perfect strangers to shreds? Other than that, I dunno.
Hogs up! Covid down!