Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Basketball Brand on Direct TV commercial.

Started by PORKULATOR, March 25, 2017, 07:40:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PORKULATOR

March 25, 2017, 07:40:08 pm Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 08:06:45 pm by PORKULATOR
Just saw it. Pissed off mom missing the Hogs at her son's dentist and in walks(and sings) Dan Fenerty and a Gumble. Anyway, HOG SHIRT and I'm in SEC Tennessee.

WPS
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

It coupled us with March Madness, so there is that, but no consolation. Anywho.... The brand is back.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

WorfHog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 25, 2017, 07:40:08 pm
Just saw it. Pissed off mom missing the Hogs at her son's dentist and in walks(and sings) Dan Fenerty and a Gumble. Anyway, HOG SHIRT and I'm in SEC Tennessee.

WPS

She's gonna be really pissed when she sees what the refs did against UNC.  ;)

We're one of the strongest brands in college sports so it makes sense. One of those commercials has a guy in an Ohio State shirt, they haven't made the tourney since 2015.

hogwood

I noticed that. OSU was in another one. My correlation is that both are Nike schools (right?) and both are also going to the Phil Knight Invitational next season. May be a Nike bump.

jjdlc

We have one of the most recognizable brands in sports.  It doesn't matter where you go, people instantly recognize the Razorback, and want to hear the hog call. 

sage_dragoon

XBox360 - SageDragoon79

WorfHog

Quote from: hogwood on March 26, 2017, 09:52:39 am
I noticed that. OSU was in another one. My correlation is that both are Nike schools (right?) and both are also going to the Phil Knight Invitational next season. May be a Nike bump.

Maybe, I don't think the Phil Knight Invitational has much to do with an AT&T ad. One of the other commercials the guy is a Purdue fan.

The Phil Knight Invitationalis going to be pretty fun though. Hope we get rematched with UNC and get some revenge.

PORKULATOR

Yes.... But Dan Fenerty guys! And he says frakin. 😄😄😄sorry bracket...lol

hogginbama

Saw that version up here in Purdue/IU country. Haven't seen any of the other versions.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

BDSCT51

I'm OK with this! Funny how the local sports pundits are wondering why Georgia can't have a good basketball program. I am enjoying that!
Bleeding Razorback Red

moses_007

Dr. Starcs

BannerMountainMan

I seen where Direct Tv had one of their tourney commercials featuring a Hogs fan at the Dentist! Wasn't expecting that
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorbacker3

has a lounge singer singing a DTV pitch to a mother in a dentist office wearing a ARKANSAS  :razorback: sweatshirt. My question ....is she wearing that sweatshirt nationally or does it change depending on the market its being aired in. Is she wearing a Texas jersey in the Austin TV"s?

deserthog

Hogswarts

She's a Hog here in Oklahoma too. By the way, the "lounge singer" is Dan Finnerty. He is hilarious and has been on several movies, definitely worth looking him up.

LRHog

I've been LOVING these commercials, they crack me up. Glad to see we got one!

PORKULATOR

Quote from: razorbacker3 on April 01, 2017, 08:37:22 pm
has a lounge singer singing a DTV pitch to a mother in a dentist office wearing a ARKANSAS  :razorback: sweatshirt. My question ....is she wearing that sweatshirt nationally or does it change depending on the market its being aired in. Is she wearing a Texas jersey in the Austin TV"s?

I'm in Chattanooga Tennessee