2 home wins, 4 road wins
3 home wins, 2 road wins

Top 8:

3 home wins, 6 road wins

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: TikiHog on May 02, 2017, 07:49:44 pm

Top 8:

3 home wins, 6 road wins
Ok, all they need to do is sweep the next 3 series and they're good to go.  No problem.  ;)

-phil

jry04

Quote from: TikiHog on May 02, 2017, 07:49:44 pm
Arkansas

Remaining: 3 home, 6 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 18
ROWP: 0.598

Top 45:

0 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 32:

0 home wins, 3 road wins
1 home wins, 2 road wins
2 home wins, 1 road wins
3 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 16:

0 home wins, 6 road wins
1 home wins, 5 road wins
2 home wins, 4 road wins
3 home wins, 2 road wins

Top 8:

3 home wins, 6 road wins
This is interesting to look at, but obviously it will change as teams around us and our former opponents play. As an example, if all of our non-conference opponents win and improve our RPI, we could get away with 2 home wins and 3 road wins and still finish top 16 because of the boost our opponents give us for winning. On the flip side, if our former opponents start tanking it may require more to stay top 16.

Last night the games going final pushed our RPI to 16 without us playing. So it may not be as difficult to finish top 16 or top 8 as it was when you run the numbers at RPI of 18.

I think the most likely scenario is probably finishing the season 5-4 with 2 wins over UT, 2 wins over Vandy, and 1-2 v A&M on the road.

TikiHog

on Boyds we moved up 1 spot but the needs stayed the same

jry04

Quote from: TikiHog on May 03, 2017, 11:49:18 am
on Boyds we moved up 1 spot but the needs stayed the same
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/rpi

NCAA has us the same as Warren Nolan, which is 16. I wonder why Boyd's is different.

razCzar

Quote from: jry04 on May 03, 2017, 01:33:00 pm
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/rpi

NCAA has us the same as Warren Nolan, which is 16. I wonder why Boyd's is different.

Keep in mind the three RPI listings you see at any moment are NOT necessarily in real time, so they may not be the same.  Over the years, I've used primarily Nolan b/c 1) they seem almost always up-to-the-minute after results come in, and 2) their many extra features, ie Predictions, conference breakdowns, RPI delta changes, etc.

Bottomline: they all wind up the same in the end.
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/rpi-live

jry04

Quote from: razCzar on May 03, 2017, 08:23:17 pm
Keep in mind the three RPI listings you see at any moment are NOT necessarily in real time, so they may not be the same.  Over the years, I've used primarily Nolan b/c 1) they seem almost always up-to-the-minute after results come in, and 2) their many extra features, ie Predictions, conference breakdowns, RPI delta changes, etc.

Bottomline: they all wind up the same in the end.
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/rpi-live
At the time of my post, all 3 were updated for games thru May 2nd. Warren and the NCAA were the same, but Boyds was different. I agree, I like Warren Nolan the most.

razCzar

Quote from: jry04 on May 03, 2017, 08:39:38 pm
At the time of my post, all 3 were updated for games thru May 2nd. Warren and the NCAA were the same, but Boyds was different. I agree, I like Warren Nolan the most.

Apparently there are slight differences in each of their RPI formulas.

For instance... Boyd states in its heading:  "These are not the official RPI's, but they are intended to match them almost exactly. The differences are that I don't track tie games, and that I can't always tell what will be called a neutral-site game versus an off-site home game for one team."

Could account for the difference you found, and even now that Boyd has us 17, while other two are 16.

TikiHog

Arkansas

Remaining: 3 home, 3 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 19
ROWP: 0.620

Top 45:

No more wins needed.

Top 32:

No more wins needed.

Top 16:

1 home wins, 3 road wins
2 home wins, 2 road wins
3 home wins, 1 road wins

Top 8:

3 home wins, 3 road wins

dotnet

so... Arkansas has to win 4 of the next six games to have a chance to host...

TikiHog

or hope a few teams ahead of them have bad weeks like Auburn did

HogFansReunited

We just need to find a way to win the next two series.  This team can beat anyone when they are clicking.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

jmingram911

Well heck, looks like it's time to get to clicking and get two sweeps to finish out the season!! Man 41-13 (21-9) in SEC would look FANTASTIC! Hard to not give Baum a regional and super regional in this instance if you ask me. Especially if we swept the sAGggies at their place.

TebowHater

Quote from: jmingram911 on May 09, 2017, 09:19:48 pm
Well heck, looks like it's time to get to clicking and get two sweeps to finish out the season!! Man 41-13 (21-9) in SEC would look FANTASTIC! Hard to not give Baum a regional and super regional in this instance if you ask me. Especially if we swept the sAGggies at their place.

Definitely - we would probably get super in that scenario. Could just as easily lose both series, so winning both of them period will be a great success.

jmingram911

Agreed brother, I tend to dream when it comes to hogs sports LOL. Also FWIW, Fla, LSU, and AUB all lost in midweek action tonight. USF slugged it out 15-10 against UF. Aub lost to UAB, and someone beat LSWho so Hallelujah!

CJ HOG

Our chances as a National Seed set sail with the home losses to Ole Miss if not before @ AU imo. There's too many teams to get past regarding W's and the rpi, and not enough games left barring 6 game slides by  a half dozen teams.

Good news is with stumbles by key teams of late, I think we host by finishing 3-3 or better. Probably a good idea not to go 0-2 in SEC tourney either if we can muster a first round bye.

YtownHog

Hogs got a nice RPI boost tonight.  First WVU lost to a 200+ rpi team and fell below us.  Before LSU and Georgia games went final Hogs were at 16.LSU lost so the Hogs jumped them helped by Georgia beating Georgia Tech and moving our sweep of them back to 51-100 rpi category.

code red

Quote from: dotnet on May 08, 2017, 01:34:04 pm
so... Arkansas has to win 4 of the next six games to have a chance to host...
Yes but............Yes.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

YtownHog

Quote from: TikiHog on May 08, 2017, 12:12:40 pm

Top 16:

1 home wins, 3 road wins
2 home wins, 2 road wins
3 home wins, 1 road wins

Top 8:

3 home wins, 3 road wins

Still in play!

TikiHog

as of yesterday

Arkansas