Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your expectations for each player

Started by -Blu, September 04, 2015, 02:26:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Now that we for sure know the roster to start the season.  What is everyone's expectations for each player?  Let's keep this positive, with no bashing. Figured with all the bad news be good to get a positive thread going.

Here's my expectations...

Jimmy Whitt - I expect him to have a Patrick Beverly type of first season.  He's tailor made to play this system, and with all the departures he's going to get a chance to make an impact from day 1.  I think he'll lead the team in both scoring and steals, and I expect him to average anywhere from 12-15 PPG.  He'll be on the all freshman SEC team.

Moses Kingsley - I think he'll have a Ky Madden type of jump from sophomore to junior year.  We've all seen flashes of Kingsley and know the potential is there.  Now that Portis is gone, he's going to be the man down low.  He'll play a lot of minutes and really get a chance to show why he was a top 40 recruit.  My expectations for him are to lead the team in blocks and rebound.  And I also think he'll be in the top 5 in scoring.

Anthlon Bell -  Consistency has always been Bell's problem.  However, he has gotten better every single year.  And I expect that trend to continue.  I think he'll be a starter from day 1 and him and Hannahs will battle all year for that 2 guard spot.  I also expect him and Hannahs to battle for second leading scorer on the team.

Jabril Durham - He showed flashes last year, and had solid game against UNC to end the season.  He's not going to be the scorer he was in JUCO, but he does have the potential to be a solid PG for us.  With Beard in trouble right now, I expect him to be the starting PG, and I think he'll end up being one of the leaders on this team as well as leading the team in assist.  I also expect him to have one of the highest 3 point percentages on the team and be a much improved defender this year.

Keaton Miles - I expect Miles to play a lot of minutes this year.  He's really the only combo F that's left on the team, so he'll have a a pretty big role by default.  I think we'll see a Miles like his freshman year at WV.  He's not going to score a lot, but he's going to be a versatile defender that causes problems and be able to excel in the open court and get some easy baskets.  My expectations for him is to be in the top 3 on the team in steals, and be top 5 on the team in rebounds.

Trey Thompson - Thompson is probably the wild card.  You can really go either way in his expectations.  Some think he'll have a huge year others think he's still a couple of years away.  One thing we do know he's been dedicated in getting his body changed around.  He'll definitely get an opportunity to play this year.  My expectations for him is to be that second guy behind Kingsley, that can get us some buckets down low.  If he can give us anywhere from 15-20 MPG, and a stat line of about 7PPG 5RPG, I think that would be a huge win for us.  I think he can do it, we'll see what happens.

Willy Kouassi -  A lot of people like to make fun of the fact he's from Kennesaw St.  But, he's a former top 100 player, and won defensive player of the year in his league.  I thought he was a very solid pick-up in the late period, especially looking at the options.  My expectations for him is to do what he did his past couple years at Kennesaw, which is protect the rim and grab rebounds.  If he can just produce the stats he did at Kennesaw (5 PPG, 5 RPG, 1 BPG) then he was well worth the pick-up.  I think he'll play 10-15 MPG, and he'll occasionally play some of the 4 spot when we go big, because he is really mobile for his size.

Dusty Hannahs - I'm really excited to see Hannahs in action as a Hog.  He averaged 8 PPG in a much slower system at Texas Tech.  He should fit in here much better.  I expect him to battle Bell for being the #2 scorer on the team.  I think he'll be in and out of the starting lineup, and he'll surprise a lot of people, he's not just a catch a shoot guy, he can also get to the rim.  I think he'll lead team in FT% and well as 3 point %.

Manny Watkins -  I expect Watkins to do what he did last year, just a little better this year.  He's never going to be a big time scorer, but he'll bring energy, he'll get steals, he'll get the team fired up and you'll see a difference whenever he is in the game.  He'll battle Whitt for steals leader on the team, and he'll probably see a few starts this year.

Lorenzo Jenkins - I liked the Jenkins pick-up, he would have been a kid a lot of teams wanted in 2016.  6'7 kid that can handle the ball and shoot well.  My only concern about him is his speed and where he'll be able to play in our system.  I don't think he's quick enough to play the 3 in our system, and not sure if he's aggressive enough to play the 4, any other year this would be a year where we could groom a guy like him, but he's going to get an opportunity to play early.  I think he'll end up playing anywhere from 5-10 MPG, and he'll mostly be in when we are doing some small ball.  He'll help stretch the floor for us at times, overall I expect it to be a learning year for him.

Anton Beard -  He was the guy I was really looking forward to this year.  Poor off-season decisions have probably really set him back.  He's unable to practice with the team, and we're not sure if he'll even make it back.  If he does, I expect him to be a little rusty, and he'll probably come off the bench for a while.  If he eventually gets back in full form, he'll be one of the leaders in the team in scoring, steals, and assists.  He's a difference maker by at least 2 or 3 games IMO.  I really would like to see him suited up this year.

TomBigBeeHog

+1 for the breakdown. That's what has me looking forward to the season, seeing how this team comes together and establishes an identity. I really hope Durham continues what he showed against NC in the tourney. Trey and Keaton are the variables. Lots of potential but not sure what they bring.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

PonderinHog

Good job there, Blu.  I have a feeling I've survived worse seasons than this one coming up.  Hoping for the best at this point.  It's all I can do at this point in my fandom.  :razorback:

thebignasty

Quote from: -Blu on September 04, 2015, 02:26:50 pm
Now that we for sure know the roster to start the season.  What is everyone's expectations for each player?  Let's keep this positive, with no bashing. Figured with all the bad news be good to get a positive thread going.

Here's my expectations...

Jimmy Whitt - I expect him to have a Patrick Beverly type of first season.  He's tailor made to play this system, and with all the departures he's going to get a chance to make an impact from day 1.  I think he'll lead the team in both scoring and steals, and I expect him to average anywhere from 12-15 PPG.  He'll be on the all freshman SEC team.

Moses Kingsley - I think he'll have a Ky Madden type of jump from sophomore to junior year.  We've all seen flashes of Kingsley and know the potential is there.  Now that Portis is gone, he's going to be the man down low.  He'll play a lot of minutes and really get a chance to show why he was a top 40 recruit.  My expectations for him are to lead the team in blocks and rebound.  And I also think he'll be in the top 5 in scoring.

Anthlon Bell -  Consistency has always been Bell's problem.  However, he has gotten better every single year.  And I expect that trend to continue.  I think he'll be a starter from day 1 and him and Hannahs will battle all year for that 2 guard spot.  I also expect him and Hannahs to battle for second leading scorer on the team.

Jabril Durham - He showed flashes last year, and had solid game against UNC to end the season.  He's not going to be the scorer he was in JUCO, but he does have the potential to be a solid PG for us.  With Beard in trouble right now, I expect him to be the starting PG, and I think he'll end up being one of the leaders on this team as well as leading the team in assist.  I also expect him to have one of the highest 3 point percentages on the team and be a much improved defender this year.

Keaton Miles - I expect Miles to play a lot of minutes this year.  He's really the only combo F that's left on the team, so he'll have a a pretty big role by default.  I think we'll see a Miles like his freshman year at WV.  He's not going to score a lot, but he's going to be a versatile defender that causes problems and be able to excel in the open court and get some easy baskets.  My expectations for him is to be in the top 3 on the team in steals, and be top 5 on the team in rebounds.

Trey Thompson - Thompson is probably the wild card.  You can really go either way in his expectations.  Some think he'll have a huge year others think he's still a couple of years away.  One thing we do know he's been dedicated in getting his body changed around.  He'll definitely get an opportunity to play this year.  My expectations for him is to be that second guy behind Kingsley, that can get us some buckets down low.  If he can give us anywhere from 15-20 MPG, and a stat line of about 7PPG 5RPG, I think that would be a huge win for us.  I think he can do it, we'll see what happens.

Willy Kouassi -  A lot of people like to make fun of the fact he's from Kennesaw St.  But, he's a former top 100 player, and won defensive player of the year in his league.  I thought he was a very solid pick-up in the late period, especially looking at the options.  My expectations for him is to do what he did his past couple years at Kennesaw, which is protect the rim and grab rebounds.  If he can just produce the stats he did at Kennesaw (5 PPG, 5 RPG, 1 BPG) then he was well worth the pick-up.  I think he'll play 10-15 MPG, and he'll occasionally play some of the 4 spot when we go big, because he is really mobile for his size.

Dusty Hannahs - I'm really excited to see Hannahs in action as a Hog.  He averaged 8 PPG in a much slower system at Texas Tech.  He should fit in here much better.  I expect him to battle Bell for being the #2 scorer on the team.  I think he'll be in and out of the starting lineup, and he'll surprise a lot of people, he's not just a catch a shoot guy, he can also get to the rim.  I think he'll lead team in FT% and well as 3 point %.

Manny Watkins -  I expect Watkins to do what he did last year, just a little better this year.  He's never going to be a big time scorer, but he'll bring energy, he'll get steals, he'll get the team fired up and you'll see a difference whenever he is in the game.  He'll battle Whitt for steals leader on the team, and he'll probably see a few starts this year.

Lorenzo Jenkins - I liked the Jenkins pick-up, he would have been a kid a lot of teams wanted in 2016.  6'7 kid that can handle the ball and shoot well.  My only concern about him is his speed and where he'll be able to play in our system.  I don't think he's quick enough to play the 3 in our system, and not sure if he's aggressive enough to play the 4, any other year this would be a year where we could groom a guy like him, but he's going to get an opportunity to play early.  I think he'll end up playing anywhere from 5-10 MPG, and he'll mostly be in when we are doing some small ball.  He'll help stretch the floor for us at times, overall I expect it to be a learning year for him.

Anton Beard - He was the guy I was really looking forward to this year.  Poor off-season decisions have probably really set him back.  He's unable to practice with the team, and we're not sure if he'll even make it back.  If he does, I expect him to be a little rusty, and he'll probably come off the bench for a while.  If he eventually gets back in full form, he'll be one of the leaders in the team in scoring, steals, and assists.  He's a difference maker by at least 2 or 3 games IMO.  I really would like to see him suited up this year.  Incarcerated.

Good write up. I'm just amusing myself instead of wallowing the implosion despair; methinks taking basketball very serious this year could cause hog fans severe (or in my case, more severe) cognitive defects.

nwahogfan1

Thanks Blu.

I just dont have any faith in Moses being a scorer yet.  Has not shown me that part of himself yet.  I hope your right.

Unless we are giving up 75+ ppg I just dont see us scoring much over 65 ppg.  I just dont think we have the scorers on this team who can create their own shots  so we will need to play full court and uptempo offense and defense to get our points and that leads to easy points for the opponents. 

Moses is an unknown scorer after 2 years and will score around 6-8 ppg tops.   After 2 years I just dont know where he will get his baskets. 

Hannahs and Bell will be up and down like all 3 point shooters and combine to average slightly over 12 ppg. 

Whitt will be up and down because he is young and will be guarded by most teams best defensive player and will average under 10 ppg.

Miles and Willy will average under 8 ppg together but will play great defense and get lots of rebounds.

Durham will average 4 ppg and hopefully 4 assists per game and will be a great teammate and leader.

Watkins will continue to play tough team ball and get us some junk baskets but will score under 4 ppg.

Jenkins will be a non factor.

I see this team scoring around 65-70 but give up 75+ ppg and winning 15 games and staying home in the post season.

HoopS

So you've got ...

Moses 8
Hannah and Bell combine for 12
Whitt 10
Miles and Willy combine for 8
Durham 4
Watkins 4
Thompson and Jenkins no factor

So 46 points a game. But you see us averaging 65-70?

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 05, 2015, 10:51:29 pm
Thanks Blu.

Hannahs and Bell will be up and down like all 3 point shooters and combine to average slightly over 12 ppg. 

No way. They may both average 12. Bell wasn't far from there last year, hannahs leads team in scoring my prediction.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HoopS on September 06, 2015, 09:57:25 am
So you've got ...

Moses 8
Hannah and Bell combine for 12
Whitt 10
Miles and Willy combine for 8
Durham 4
Watkins 4
Thompson and Jenkins no factor

So 46 points a game. But you see us averaging 65-70?

I did not add the points last night it was late so for give me if the math does not add up.  But you can see I just dont know how we will score the ball next year.  We need scorers in this recruiting class.  I think somehow we will score 65 ppg somehow but I just dont know how we will do it. 

Help me out.

HoopS

Bell and Hannahs will score more than 12 combined. Also expect to see Durham and Watkins put up more than 4 each. I think Whitt is closer to 15 than 10. Kouassi will also contribute. Not sure what to expect out of Thompson and Jenkins but hope at least one of them is a pleasant surprise.

-Blu

nwahogfan1, I know this is at least the 3rd topic you've asked the same question in, because we argued in those threads.  Apparently you either refuse to ignore logic, or your trying to start something as usual.

For the final time....
1. No Mike Anderson team has ever averaged under 72 PPG in his 13 years (And he's had worse rosters than this)
2. The shot clock being reduced is going to increase scoring.  More possessions = more points
3. Players get better in the offseason, it happens every year on every team.
4. With the departures of a lot of players, that means more minutes for other players, which means more production from those players.

Now that your question has been answered for the 4th time, please keep the drama out, everyone understands you don't think this team is any good and not going to be able to score.  Instead of pointing out every negative thing CMA has done and everything negative about the roster, why not contribute something positive and post something like what you think the team needs to do be successful or what you would like to see from each player, that's what I made this topic for.

hawginbigd1

Bell will be the leading scorer IMO. My issues with this team: don't trust Moses to not give up easy baskets by getting lost on defense and to compound it he won't be able to play 25 minutes for being in foul trouble. I have seen nothing to this point that should excite especially offensively out of kouassi, miles, Thompson, and Williams while he was here. So the ability from all the bigs on the roster have shown me not enough to think our record will be great! I think the G and SF positions will be very good. I think the team will be very entertaining but I don't expect it will be post season worthy, hope I am wrong about the latter. Kingsley is much better offensively than many give him credit for, and has very nice touch, he is not as good however on defense as many portray him to be and it is mostly because of BB IQ! Maybe he turns the corner and we are in better shape than I think.

OnTheHillHogFan

Jimmy Whitt will definitely be our leading scorer this year and I expect Moses to have a big year. Also I think people are sleeping on Hannahs a little bit. I think he will be one of the top 3 scorers on the team.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

nwahogfan1

Quote from: -Blu on September 06, 2015, 03:02:22 pm
nwahogfan1, I know this is at least the 3rd topic you've asked the same question in, because we argued in those threads.  Apparently you either refuse to ignore logic, or your trying to start something as usual.

For the final time....
1. No Mike Anderson team has ever averaged under 72 PPG in his 13 years (And he's had worse rosters than this)
2. The shot clock being reduced is going to increase scoring.  More possessions = more points
3. Players get better in the offseason, it happens every year on every team.
4. With the departures of a lot of players, that means more minutes for other players, which means more production from those players.

Now that your question has been answered for the 4th time, please keep the drama out, everyone understands you don't think this team is any good and not going to be able to score.  Instead of pointing out every negative thing CMA has done and everything negative about the roster, why not contribute something positive and post something like what you think the team needs to do be successful or what you would like to see from each player, that's what I made this topic for.

We will see if this is CMA worse team.  I hope it is not.  Yes you are optimistic and I apparently am not.  No big deal it takes all kinds.   I do not see us scoring much over 65 ppg unless we try to play real fast which allows easy baskets by the other team.  So if we average 70 then the opposition will average 80 ppg. 

We just dont have enough fire power on this team.

We will see. 

-Blu

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 06, 2015, 09:12:54 pm
We will see if this is CMA worse team.  I hope it is not.  Yes you are optimistic and I apparently am not.  No big deal it takes all kinds.   I do not see us scoring much over 65 ppg unless we try to play real fast which allows easy baskets by the other team.  So if we average 70 then the opposition will average 80 ppg. 

We just dont have enough fire power on this team.

We will see.

If it's no big deal why are you in every single thread reminding us of how bad you think the team is going to be?  They haven't even played a game yet,  why assume the worst, and try to drag everybody else down with you?  Nobody wants to hear all that man, seriously.  Do you have the attitude in your daily life?  It must be depressing, thinking worst case scenarios all day long. 

Honestly, if I thought the team was going to be that bad, to where they can't score, defend, and it's the worst team he's ever had, I wouldn't even be on here discussing them, what's the point?  And you do this on multiple boards, and have been called out on it.  It's one thing to disagree and have different opinions, it's nothing wrong with that. But, all you do is complain and have a negative attitude about every single thing, in every thread.  Do yourself a favor, and actually watch the team play before you declare them CMA's worst team of all time, because apparently it's taking a real toll on you thinking about how bad they are going to be, because you remind us in every thread.

Swinesong1

Quote from: -Blu on September 06, 2015, 09:47:38 pm
If it's no big deal why are you in every single thread reminding us of how bad you think the team is going to be?  They haven't even played a game yet,  why assume the worst, and try to drag everybody else down with you?  Nobody wants to hear all that man, seriously.  Do you have the attitude in your daily life?  It must be depressing, thinking worst case scenarios all day long. 

Honestly, if I thought the team was going to be that bad, to where they can't score, defend, and it's the worst team he's ever had, I wouldn't even be on here discussing them, what's the point?  And you do this on multiple boards, and have been called out on it.  It's one thing to disagree and have different opinions, it's nothing wrong with that. But, all you do is complain and have a negative attitude about every single thing, in every thread.  Do yourself a favor, and actually watch the team play before you declare them CMA's worst team of all time, because apparently it's taking a real toll on you thinking about how bad they are going to be, because you remind us in every thread.
Sadly. Him watching the team won't change his attitude one bit.  He and his kind complained the entirety of this past season.  The current roster and recruiting is just the latest "reason" for them to spread their joy.

Jonteviosk

Hey Blu,
Doesn't it stand to reason if Williams was allowed to transfer then Beard shouldn't be far from the court as well. The only difference I see from your analysis that yours Blu was to things...I think the roles between Miles and Jenkins will be reversed and Jenkins will be a solid contributor and you have Beard worth 2-3 more wins I think more like 4-5. I have him at 13 ppg and 4.5 asst. I expect good year from Kingsley plus 4 guards will be enough offense to make post season run. I also think this team will sell out to defense, as well.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

-Blu

Quote from: Jonteviosk on September 07, 2015, 04:49:31 pm
Hey Blu,
Doesn't it stand to reason if Williams was allowed to transfer then Beard shouldn't be far from the court as well. The only difference I see from your analysis that yours Blu was to things...I think the roles between Miles and Jenkins will be reversed and Jenkins will be a solid contributor and you have Beard worth 2-3 more wins I think more like 4-5. I have him at 13 ppg and 4.5 asst. I expect good year from Kingsley plus 4 guards will be enough offense to make post season run. I also think this team will sell out to defense, as well.

I'm honestly not sure what's going to happen to Beard.  I'm hoping for the best, he's definitely a difference maker, I could see him having the stats your predicting, if he makes it back.  And as far as Miles, I think last year was just a confidence thing for him.  He hurt his knee earlier in the season, and got lost in the rotation, and never did get any momentum back.  This year, I think he'll be more ready and surprise some people.  And I'd like to see more of Jenkins, it's hard to really give a projection on him with the little footage I saw, I just kinda went with a gut feeling when I was discussing his output.  I do know, I like his attributes and potential.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: -Blu on September 06, 2015, 09:47:38 pm

The same reason your on every single thread pouring out your guesses of why you think we will have this super year.  You dont know and I dont know but we are both guessing.  But I tell you what.  You ignore me and I will do the same.

-Blu

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 07, 2015, 05:24:03 pm
The same reason your on every single thread pouring out your guesses of why you think we will have this super year.  You dont know and I dont know but we are both guessing.  But I tell you what.  You ignore me and I will do the same.

Done deal.

Ray Piggers

Bell will have to be more consistent. He has flashes of brilliance, and can get hot and go off, but will have to sew up that defense and his consistency to make that next step.  I think he will. I think his scoring avg will be in the double digits for sure.

Whitt will lead the team in scoring 15.5 pts a game

Hannahs will avg 14 a game

Jabril (if he's our starter) will be a 6 or 7 pt 5 assist type, Beard would avg 12 and 5 in my book (we shall see)

Moses will be an 8 pt and 10 reb guy most nights, I can see big Trey having similar stat lines

Willy will be a 5 and 5 guy, same with Miles

Jenkins may surprise some people

Manny will avg 5 pt while tacking on 2 steals a game

avgs together come close to 76 points a game
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Foshodo

MA has had worse rosters than this?

players will step up simply because they have to but this will be difficult

if Whitt doesnt get 15ppg were battling stan heath first season bad...

Durham wont get 5 assists... thats a good number for college point guards. as in 5-7 is almost an upper tier PG. if he gets a fraction under 4 i'll be surprised but thrilled

i want Manny to step it up and be Whitt's sidekick. I think he's second on the team in scoring with he, Bell and Hannahs all hovering a few decimals +/- 9 ppg

thats 42 from our top 4. if we get 5-7 from Jabril and Moses, that'll leave 20 left over for Willy, Jenkins, Trey and Miles for us to get to 75 a night...

i think thats doable.

Big Nasty 34

I'm going to be in the minority and say Whitt isn't our top scorer. I think he will have a good season, but it will be an adjustment for him. Probably 3rd or 4th scorer behind Hannahs, Bell, and possibly Kingsley.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on September 08, 2015, 08:58:17 am
I'm going to be in the minority and say Whitt isn't our top scorer. I think he will have a good season, but it will be an adjustment for him. Probably 3rd or 4th scorer behind Hannahs, Bell, and possibly Kingsley.

None of those players has averaged more than 8 PPG and all have played at least 2 seasons at the D1 level. We're in trouble if guys like Bell and Hannahs are leading the team in scoring. They're role players. If Kingsley scores more than Whitt, we're likely in a lot of trouble. That or Kingsley took a monumental jump in production. I would expect all 3 of those players to be in the 8-11 point-per-game range. Whitt shouldn't have much trouble averaging 13-16 PPG as a freshman. I'd be shocked if he weren't the leading scorer.

Just curious, why do you see such an adjustment for him? Keep in mind that similarly rated players like Rotnei Clarke and Courtney Fortson both averaged 12 and 15 PPG as freshman, respectively. What made them more ready to score as freshmen than Whitt?

-Blu

Quote from: Foshodo on September 08, 2015, 12:42:05 am
MA has had worse rosters than this?

Yes, his first team at UAB, Mizzou, and arguably Arkansas was worst than this roster.

1. His first year at UAB -  "In 2002, Anderson took over the program at UAB, which was coming off a 13-17 season and had only one NCAA appearance since 1995. Anderson quickly turned the program around, leading the team to 22 wins and a National Invitation Tournament Quarterfinals appearance."

2. His first year at Mizzou -  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006%E2%80%9307_Missouri_Tigers_men%27s_basketball_team

"Missouri returned just two starters from the 2005-06 team, which finished 11th in the Big 12 and 12-16 overall. Guard Jimmy McKinney and center Kevin Young graduated, and leading scorer Thomas Gardner left school for the professional ranks."

"The only senior on the squad was Marcus Watkins, son of assistant coach Melvin Watkins."

3.  First year at Arkansas - I shouldn't have to google that for you, clearly you remember the best player in Marshawn Powell going down early in the year, and our starting lineup being Julysses Noble, Ricky Scott, Mardracus Wade, Devonte Abron, and Michael Sanchez.  We got production from BJ Young off the bench, but that was about it.  Despite what some may think of this year's roster, Moses Kingsley, Jimmy Whitt, and Anton Beard are upgrades to anyone that was in that lineup, I would even say Anthlon Bell and Dusty Hannahs are upgrades as well.  Plus the guys on this roster equipped to play in this system, we had a lot of guys that didn't fit this system the first year.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 08, 2015, 09:17:21 am
None of those players has averaged more than 8 PPG and all have played at least 2 seasons at the D1 level. We're in trouble if guys like Bell and Hannahs are leading the team in scoring. They're role players. If Kingsley scores more than Whitt, we're likely in a lot of trouble. That or Kingsley took a monumental jump in production. I would expect all 3 of those players to be in the 8-11 point-per-game range. Whitt shouldn't have much trouble averaging 13-16 PPG as a freshman. I'd be shocked if he weren't the leading scorer.

I agree with that assessment.  I think Whitt, Bell, Hannahs, and Kingsley will be our top 4 scorers in that order, until/if Beard comes back.

I could see Whitt averaging anywhere from 12-15 PPG
Bell anywhere from 9-12 PPG
Hannahs anywhere from 9-12 PPG
Kingsley anywhere from 8-11 PPG

Everybody else, not so sure of.  We don't know who will break out.  I think Thompson could be that guy.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 08, 2015, 09:17:21 am

Just curious, why do you see such an adjustment for him? Keep in mind that similarly rated players like Rotnei Clarke and Courtney Fortson both averaged 12 and 15 PPG as freshman, respectively. What made them more ready to score as freshmen than Whitt?

I think he will have to rely on slashing and beating people one on one to score and I feel like he doesn't have the frame just yet to do that. He may be as good as BJ was one on one but I don't see it. And he's not a real knock down shooter like a Clarke.

Again, not bashing the kid. I just don't think he's gonna Be the bonafide stud from day 1. I will gladly eat crow if he averages anywhere near 15 a game.

And for Hannahs, it sounds like he's a much better overall prospect then at TTU. Playing against NBA guys in the summer will pay major dividends.

Hawg Red

Jimmy Whitt - This kid is real deal. I'd like to see him start from Day 1. I think he'll lead the team in scoring and have a Courtney Fortson/Rotnei Clarke/B.J. Young/Patrick Beverley-type freshman season. The average stats for those 4 players is 14 points, 3.1 assists, 1.2 steals, and 3.75 rebounds per game. I think the boards will be a little lower for Jimmy but the steals and assists will be higher. Points could very well be higher as well. And he'll be more efficient than probably any of those players, most importantly. Obvious All-SEC Freshman pick and a darkhorse 2nd team All-SEC pick. We might not have this kid all 4 years because he's super long, can play both guard spots, has a high basketball IQ, and he can score in a variety of ways.

Moses Kingsley - Honestly, I don't know how big the jump is going to be. And you could make the argument that he had a big of a "Sophomore Slump" last year. Personally, I think he just didn't go well, from a strategic standpoint, with Portis. Kingsley missed a lot of layups last season, and that concerned me the most, but his playing time was very low overall at only 11 minutes-per-game and it was often uneven. He's the main man in the frontcourt this year, and for that reason, I do believe he'll make a considerable jump in quality of play and production. Hopefully he can limit his fouls. I'd expect him to be somewhere around double digits. 8-10 points, probably around 6 rebounds and 2 blocks per game as well. Also, he did show some touch on that jumper last season, so an under-the-radar aspect of his game could be the ability to step out occasionally and knock down that jumper and stretch things a bit for the guards.

Dusty Hannahs - I'm high on this one, but I'm not expecting him to be something he isn't. He's a role-player/shooting specialist mostly. He does have decent ball-handling ability and he's better driving to the hoop than one might think. Great FT shooter. My guess is that Bell starts ahead of him, at least initially, but he could end up in the starting lineup over Bell if Bell doesn't shore up his consistency issues. Also, I do think Beard's status has an effect on whether or not Hannahs starts. Beard not being on the team probably guarantees Hannahs comes off the bench if you subscribe to the thinking that no Beard brings Durham into the starting lineup (and I do). Hannahs would then become probably the best ball-handler off the bench. He'll be in the 8-11 PPG range and obviously he'll add another long-range threat to go with Bell.

Anthlon Bell - This is another player I don't expect to be something they aren't. I've seen posters project him in multiple seasons to be the possible leading scorer for the team and I just don't see it. I don't see it even if he overcomes he's consistency issues because I don't think he creates for himself. A leading scorer is almost always a player that can create offense for themselves and I don't think Bell is that kind of player. To this point, he's been a hot/cold bomber who has shown flashes of being able to do other things here and there. I think he best case for him this year is that he's the second or third leading scorer, somewhere around 10 PPG on more consistent production and he puts together those flashes of ability that he's shown the last years outside of shooting (passing, defensive ability, etc.).

Manny Watkins - He's an X-factor this year. He'll do whatever the coaches tell him to do and play whatever role is asked of him. But I wonder if he's not capable of more. I think he's actually a better shooter than he's shown thus far. He's a physical player and an energetic presence, but I do think he has the potential to contribute in a bigger role in the offense. We saw him hit the game-winner at Ole Miss and he shot 56% from the field last year (granted, it was on limited attempts). I think he can knock the 3 down at a decent enough clip for a guy that hasn't actually connected on an attempt yet (0-7 last year, didn't take a 3 as a freshman). I think he starts at the big guard spot due his physical/energetic nature. I think he's good enough defensively to give a fair effort against small forward, and he'll be more than adequate against other 3rd guards. I think he could score 6-8 PPG, give us the occasional 3, and be a strong defender this year.

Jabril Durham - Showed some very good passing ability early on in the season (and then he looked good very late in the season), but he looked a bit lost for most of the season. We know he can pass and knock down the 3. The question is can he do it consistently enough as a senior. We'll give him the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to the JUCO transition year. He won't be a higher scorer (probably around 6 per game), but he could give us 6 assists a game and that would be huge, assuming he's adequate defensively. I think he starts in Beard's absence.

Trey Thompson - Watkins was referenced as an X-factor, but Thompson is THE X-factor. Big man that's done a ton of work on his body and has some skills no other big on the team has. He can stretch the floor and pass the ball. He'll go well with our guards if he's ready. Not sure at all what to expect defensively. Would love to see him destroy my concerns about his motor.

Willy Kouassi - Defense translates. So does athleticism. Might only give us a few points in a game, but he'll give us another Kingsley-like presence defensively.

Keaton Miles - There was a lot buzz around this one going into last season and then nothing ever materialized. It's been said he was banged up most of the season, but Anderson also made comments about Miles not being able to seize the opportunity. Well, the opportunity is at his feet right now. We know he won't score much, but he's long and defensive-minded. I think he probably starts at the 4. I've often called him the forward version of Fred Gulley.

Doobie Jenkins - Not sure what to expect here. I'm just going on highlight tapes, but it's clear he has a nice skillset. Nice lefty shot and good footwork. He'll be able to punish on the block against smaller players. He doesn't appear to be too explosive athletically, but his athleticism is adequate. He's a skill guy, though. He'll clean up any available minutes obviously. I really like this kid, but I don't have a good feel just yet how well he'll translate to the high-major level. Could be a steal.

Anton Beard - In the dark like everyone else. Odds are probably that he isn't part of the team this year. If he somehow is, he'll be what we know he is -- a floor general and leader on the court. He's not going to be a huge scorer, but he could probably put around 10 PPG. Scoring's a bonus with him, though. He's the key to the motor. It's more about how the team does when he's out there opposed to when he isn't more than his individual production.

-Blu

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on September 08, 2015, 11:23:45 am
I think he will have to rely on slashing and beating people one on one to score and I feel like he doesn't have the frame just yet to do that. He may be as good as BJ was one on one but I don't see it. And he's not a real knock down shooter like a Clarke.

Thing about this system is you don't have to rely on slashing and beating people one on one to get all your scoring.  A lot of our scoring comes in transition.  Whitt is great in transition.  He's the most athletic guard on the team this year, and it's not even close.  Plus with his defensive abilities and his wing span, he's going to be able to create turnovers and get easy baskets in the open court. 

I'm usually reluctant on naming a freshman a leading scorer as well, but Whitt is tailor made for this system, he's going to thrive in it.  It's probably going to make him look a lot better than what he actually is.

hawginbigd1

Hawg Red Nice job! However I think Bell has been a role player until now and accepted that position, I think now he will be willing and ready to be one of "the" guys. I think he is at 15 PPG.

My lineup (minus Beard) is:
PG-Durham/Whitt/Watkins
SG- Bell/Hannahs/Whitt
3G- Watkins/Jenkins/Hannahs
4- Miles/Thompson/Jenkins
5- Kingsley/Kouassi
I think you could see some major time with Bell, Whitt, and hannahs all on the floor at the same time.
A lot of people are expecting Huge things from Whitt, he is from Missouri so he will have to show me! I hope he is that ready to be that guy!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 08, 2015, 02:00:35 pm
Hawg Red Nice job! However I think Bell has been a role player until now and accepted that position, I think now he will be willing and ready to be one of "the" guys. I think he is at 15 PPG.

My lineup (minus Beard) is:
PG-Durham/Whitt/Watkins
SG- Bell/Hannahs/Whitt
3G- Watkins/Jenkins/Hannahs
4- Miles/Thompson/Jenkins
5- Kingsley/Kouassi
I think you could see some major time with Bell, Whitt, and hannahs all on the floor at the same time.
A lot of people are expecting Huge things from Whitt, he is from Missouri so he will have to show me! I hope he is that ready to be that guy!
I have no problems of playing a 3 guard lineup if they will play tough D and rebound.  I just dont know how Whitt, Bell and Hannahs will do that?

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 08, 2015, 03:20:44 pm
  I have no problems of playing a 3 guard lineup if they will play tough D and rebound.  I just dont know how Whitt, Bell and Hannahs will do that?

Knowing how much MA stresses defense, I am not too worried about that. Now, the rebounding could be a cause for concern but if we go three guards maybe we start two bigs and have our guards crash the boards to help out.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hoggard

I agree with posters who say that Whitt is the real deal. He reminds me of Kobe Bryant. I don't know if its just the hair or the hair and the way he balls. I just know that Whitt alone is going to be worth the price of admission. The young man is likely going to be the best 2 since Todd Day. Maybe even better by the time he leaves.

I expect Durham to complete his adjustment from juco and be a huge factor, especially in conference play.

This should be the year for Bell to ring up the points. Not just from behind the arc but I expect to see him attack the bucket much more frequently and to get to the line more this season.

If everything I have heard about Hannahs is accurate he is also going to be a difference maker.

Kingsley is a huge question mark. I don't expect him to be Bobby Portis. But I do believe he has a lot more potential on the offensive end of the court than we have seen to date. If Beard returns and if Durham can get him the ball in the position to score then Moses could very well have a break out season.

I'm excited about this season. Sure I wish Mikes gamble on TK had paid off and sure I wish we had done a better job of replacing the talent that went pro. But Mikes a much better coach than what he gets credit for and if he makes the tourney with this group its my hope that it will shut some of our more ignorant posters up. Hog ball is ALWAYS exciting. And now that the shot clock is being moved to 30 Mikes style is going to have one more advantage this year.

I don't care what anyone says. Razorback basketball is on the right track. Lets sign some studs in 2016 and GO HOGS !!  :razorback:
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on September 08, 2015, 03:20:44 pm

We really don't have a big wing, so we're gonna have to go with a 3 guard lineup.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on September 08, 2015, 08:40:34 pm
We really don't have a big wing, so we're gonna have to go with a 3 guard lineup.
I think D will be stressed and will be better (It was not Portis and Qualls strong suit). Losing Williams' athleticism and length could hurt us (his offense can be easily replaced). Moses is going to need some help on the boards.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

HF#1

Jimmy Whitt - The kid can obviously play.  He's got all the skill you want in a guard. The question will be can he be an impact Freshman in the SEC. I have a hard time placing expectations on a Freshman. Only because they aren't all built the same.  I knew Bobby Portis was going to be a monster for us and contribute right away. But Portis is a big, not a guard. If we want any shot at all of making some sort of post season, this kid will have to establish himself as a go to scorer right away.  He will have to be consistent.  That is a lot to ask of a freshman guard not attending a blue blood school.

Moses Kingsley - We know what he brings defensively.  Can he provide us a presence inside offensively?  No idea. He can run the floor but I'm skeptical of his ability in the post offensively.

Dusty Hannahs - Be the shooter we need him to be. Be the all around player we need him to be.

Anthlon Bell - He has to be more consistent.  When he is on, he's as good as any shooter in the country. He's got to bring the shoot around glory to the game. We need this guy to have his last season be his very best season offensively.

Manny Watkins - Lockdown defender. Period. Anything offensively is a bonus.  Like other posters have said, a Fred Gulley type player.

Jabril Durham - He is the biggest key to the season.  I see no way Beard returns to the team.  He has to be the facilitator of everything. Be the leader and keep things moving. He has to do everything well, not great.  Fill the stat sheet.

Trey Thompson -  Hope he has a low post game on the offensive end.  Perhaps he can halfway fill the gap left by Portis.  Honestly, too many questions here to even speculate.  He has undergone quite the body change.  Last I saw him, he looked lean and mean.

Willy Kouassi -  I know nothing about this guy.  Looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table.

Keaton Miles - I don't expect much but we will see.

Doobie Jenkins -  Same here, don't expect much but would love a surprise. 

Anton Beard - Won't be with the team in my opinion.  If he is, he's a guy that could be the difference in turning 2 or 3 L's into W's.

My overall expectation:  Eat up the wins in the non conference.  Try to be .500 in SEC play.  Best case scenario, get on the bubble and see what happens.  I don't expect much more than that this season. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Jonteviosk

I have been reading up on teams this year. Were not that bad off. I would say Arkansas is no worse than 5th in conf this season. Kentucky is talented but very small this year and only about 7 deep. They aren't the juggernaut they were last year still preseason fav. Vanderbilt for their style is loaded. LSU is going to be tight as well. Very talented this year maybe more so than Kentucky. A & M Is good nice new players plus 3 returning guards. Nice. Sorry Florida will not be top half of conf have good recruits but mostly nothing returning plus new coach aint Billy D. I think Arkansas finishes no worse than 5th maybe 10-8 conf play and maybe 12-1 in non conf. Would be good enough for tourney. All these geniuses saying 8-5 aren't looking at the same schedule I saw. Only possible losses I see is top 10 villanova program and at Dayton will be tough but not insurmountable. GO HOGS
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Jonteviosk on September 10, 2015, 04:00:37 am
I have been reading up on teams this year. Were not that bad off. I would say Arkansas is no worse than 5th in conf this season. Kentucky is talented but very small this year and only about 7 deep. They aren't the juggernaut they were last year still preseason fav. Vanderbilt for their style is loaded. LSU is going to be tight as well. Very talented this year maybe more so than Kentucky. A & M Is good nice new players plus 3 returning guards. Nice. Sorry Florida will not be top half of conf have good recruits but mostly nothing returning plus new coach aint Billy D. I think Arkansas finishes no worse than 5th maybe 10-8 conf play and maybe 12-1 in non conf. Would be good enough for tourney. All these geniuses saying 8-5 aren't looking at the same schedule I saw. Only possible losses I see is top 10 villanova program and at Dayton will be tough but not insurmountable. GO HOGS

Best non-con record in the last, what, 20 years? Sounds logical.....

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 08, 2015, 11:32:40 am
Jimmy Whitt - This kid is real deal. I'd like to see him start from Day 1. I think he'll lead the team in scoring and have a Courtney Fortson/Rotnei Clarke/B.J. Young/Patrick Beverley-type freshman season. The average stats for those 4 players is 14 points, 3.1 assists, 1.2 steals, and 3.75 rebounds per game. I think the boards will be a little lower for Jimmy but the steals and assists will be higher. Points could very well be higher as well. And he'll be more efficient than probably any of those players, most importantly. Obvious All-SEC Freshman pick and a darkhorse 2nd team All-SEC pick. We might not have this kid all 4 years because he's super long, can play both guard spots, has a high basketball IQ, and he can score in a variety of ways.

Moses Kingsley - Honestly, I don't know how big the jump is going to be. And you could make the argument that he had a big of a "Sophomore Slump" last year. Personally, I think he just didn't go well, from a strategic standpoint, with Portis. Kingsley missed a lot of layups last season, and that concerned me the most, but his playing time was very low overall at only 11 minutes-per-game and it was often uneven. He's the main man in the frontcourt this year, and for that reason, I do believe he'll make a considerable jump in quality of play and production. Hopefully he can limit his fouls. I'd expect him to be somewhere around double digits. 8-10 points, probably around 6 rebounds and 2 blocks per game as well. Also, he did show some touch on that jumper last season, so an under-the-radar aspect of his game could be the ability to step out occasionally and knock down that jumper and stretch things a bit for the guards.

Dusty Hannahs - I'm high on this one, but I'm not expecting him to be something he isn't. He's a role-player/shooting specialist mostly. He does have decent ball-handling ability and he's better driving to the hoop than one might think. Great FT shooter. My guess is that Bell starts ahead of him, at least initially, but he could end up in the starting lineup over Bell if Bell doesn't shore up his consistency issues. Also, I do think Beard's status has an effect on whether or not Hannahs starts. Beard not being on the team probably guarantees Hannahs comes off the bench if you subscribe to the thinking that no Beard brings Durham into the starting lineup (and I do). Hannahs would then become probably the best ball-handler off the bench. He'll be in the 8-11 PPG range and obviously he'll add another long-range threat to go with Bell.

Anthlon Bell - This is another player I don't expect to be something they aren't. I've seen posters project him in multiple seasons to be the possible leading scorer for the team and I just don't see it. I don't see it even if he overcomes he's consistency issues because I don't think he creates for himself. A leading scorer is almost always a player that can create offense for themselves and I don't think Bell is that kind of player. To this point, he's been a hot/cold bomber who has shown flashes of being able to do other things here and there. I think he best case for him this year is that he's the second or third leading scorer, somewhere around 10 PPG on more consistent production and he puts together those flashes of ability that he's shown the last years outside of shooting (passing, defensive ability, etc.).

Manny Watkins - He's an X-factor this year. He'll do whatever the coaches tell him to do and play whatever role is asked of him. But I wonder if he's not capable of more. I think he's actually a better shooter than he's shown thus far. He's a physical player and an energetic presence, but I do think he has the potential to contribute in a bigger role in the offense. We saw him hit the game-winner at Ole Miss and he shot 56% from the field last year (granted, it was on limited attempts). I think he can knock the 3 down at a decent enough clip for a guy that hasn't actually connected on an attempt yet (0-7 last year, didn't take a 3 as a freshman). I think he starts at the big guard spot due his physical/energetic nature. I think he's good enough defensively to give a fair effort against small forward, and he'll be more than adequate against other 3rd guards. I think he could score 6-8 PPG, give us the occasional 3, and be a strong defender this year.

Jabril Durham - Showed some very good passing ability early on in the season (and then he looked good very late in the season), but he looked a bit lost for most of the season. We know he can pass and knock down the 3. The question is can he do it consistently enough as a senior. We'll give him the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to the JUCO transition year. He won't be a higher scorer (probably around 6 per game), but he could give us 6 assists a game and that would be huge, assuming he's adequate defensively. I think he starts in Beard's absence.

Trey Thompson - Watkins was referenced as an X-factor, but Thompson is THE X-factor. Big man that's done a ton of work on his body and has some skills no other big on the team has. He can stretch the floor and pass the ball. He'll go well with our guards if he's ready. Not sure at all what to expect defensively. Would love to see him destroy my concerns about his motor.

Willy Kouassi - Defense translates. So does athleticism. Might only give us a few points in a game, but he'll give us another Kingsley-like presence defensively.

Keaton Miles - There was a lot buzz around this one going into last season and then nothing ever materialized. It's been said he was banged up most of the season, but Anderson also made comments about Miles not being able to seize the opportunity. Well, the opportunity is at his feet right now. We know he won't score much, but he's long and defensive-minded. I think he probably starts at the 4. I've often called him the forward version of Fred Gulley.

Doobie Jenkins - Not sure what to expect here. I'm just going on highlight tapes, but it's clear he has a nice skillset. Nice lefty shot and good footwork. He'll be able to punish on the block against smaller players. He doesn't appear to be too explosive athletically, but his athleticism is adequate. He's a skill guy, though. He'll clean up any available minutes obviously. I really like this kid, but I don't have a good feel just yet how well he'll translate to the high-major level. Could be a steal.

Anton Beard - In the dark like everyone else. Odds are probably that he isn't part of the team this year. If he somehow is, he'll be what we know he is -- a floor general and leader on the court. He's not going to be a huge scorer, but he could probably put around 10 PPG. Scoring's a bonus with him, though. He's the key to the motor. It's more about how the team does when he's out there opposed to when he isn't more than his individual production.

Amazing that we've done worse than I projected but Kingsley, Bell and Hannahs are all playing much better than I thought they would.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Jonteviosk on September 10, 2015, 04:00:37 am

Ouch.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on September 08, 2015, 11:23:45 am

Again, not bashing the kid. I just don't think he's gonna Be the bonafide stud from day 1. I will gladly eat crow if he averages anywhere near 15 a game.

And for Hannahs, it sounds like he's a much better overall prospect then at TTU. Playing against NBA guys in the summer will pay major dividends.

One of the few times I've been close to getting a prediction right lol

Biggus Piggus

Season so far...

Moses Kingsley - Best player on the team. Double-digit scorer in every game, over 20 pts five times. Best game 26 pts, 11 reb, 3 blocks at Dayton. Made substantial improvements in 2-pt shooting, free throw shooting, offensive rebounding, defensive rebounding, passing, ballhandling, fouling and drawing fouls.

Anthlon Bell - By far his best season. Big leap in outside shooting accuracy. Marked improvement in ballhandling and rebounding. Still not a good inside shooter but improved. Getting to the line more often than ever. Six 20-pt games including the last two. Still not a good defender.

Dusty Hannahs - Much better shooter than he was at Texas Tech. Making 46% from all ranges. Improved defensive rebounder and ballhandler, much improved at drawing fouls. Like Bell, has issues with some matchups playing defense. Best game was against Miss State, 26 pts with 8 threes and 3 steals.

Jabril Durham - Playing much better in many ways. Phenomenal assist rate with good ballhandling. Strong defensive rebounding and steals/defense contributions. Getting to the line far more often. Shooting well enough around the basket to win. Only real slippage is 3-pt shooting. Scored double-digits in three of past four games. Topped 10 assists five times. Last game against Miss State, 12 assists, 6 steals, both career highs.

Manuale Watkins - Dramatic improvement in offensive efficiency, perhaps at expense of his defense. Still not shooting threes, but has maintained 53% 2-pt shooting while expanding his game. Much-increased offensive rebounding, still good on defensive boards. Ballhandling and passing much improved. Steals contribution is down a lot. His 48% at the line is surprising. Scored in double digits six times. Best games 14 pts (Wake Forest, Charleston Southern).

Jimmy Whitt - Minutes have come down a lot since Mercer, down to low-teens in the last two wins. Surprising absence of outside shooting. Making only 39% inside the arc, 11-34 in the past seven games. Passing and ballhandling are fine, but his game is incomplete. Has not really caught onto defensive concepts yet. An 80% free throw shooter, Whitt has obvious skill.

Keaton Miles - Has shown crude ability on the offensive end - 38% 2-pt, 0% 3-pt, 50% free throws, career-worst turnover %. Offensive and defensive rebounding and some shotblocking keep him in the lineup.

Anton Beard - Back for six games since suspension, game shows some rust. Shooting 50% from 3-pt range is excellent, but 31% inside and 50% at the line. Defensive rebounding, assists and turnovers have been good. No offensive boards yet. Still trying to fit back in, should improve.

Trey Thompson - Played a lot in first three games, injured against Georgia Tech, back to speed since mid-December. Best game 10 pts, 7 reb against Tennessee Tech (Dec. 12). Has rebounded well in SEC games but also had foul and turnover problems. Shooting 57% inside when he gets the chance. Not much on offensive boards, but outstanding defensive rebounding. Must improve turnover issue to get more minutes.

Willy Kouassi - Best offensive efficiency by far in his career, shooting 74% inside and 61% at the line. Very high blocked shot production in limited time. Decent ballhandling and rebounding. Usually got double-digit minutes in middle part of schedule, has been little involved in the first three SEC games (six fouls in 19 minutes). Vast majority of his minutes have came against opponents with no bigs. Apparently not ready for prime time.
[CENSORED]!

hawginbigd1

I'll take Bell slightly over Kingsley, Bell is playing GOOD defense also, he will never be "Great".  Advanced Stats say Bell is the MVP, and his defensive rating is one of the top 4.