Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Schedule Predictions

Started by -Blu, September 04, 2013, 07:00:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

September 04, 2013, 07:00:03 pm Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:32:26 pm by -Blu
Since, not much action is going on here and we're still waiting on the "Official" schedule thought it would be a good time to get some predictions going since we already know the schedule anyways.

I put aside my razorback feelings and gave a true prediction based on our opponents, our history, and the players we have coming in.  I also filled out the Maui Bracket and made the schedule predictions based off of that.

SIU-Ed - W
UL(Laf) - W
SMU - W
Cal (Maui) - L
Minn (Maui) - W
Dayton (Maui) - W
SE Louisiana - W
Clem - W
Sav St - W
Tenn Mart - W
South Ala (@LR) - W
High Point - W
Texas SA - W
12-1 Out of Conference Record

@TAM - L
FL - W
KY - L
@GA - W
@Tenn - L
Auburn - W
Mizz - W
@LSU - L
Bama - W
@Vandy - W
@Mizz - L
LSU - L
SC - W
@Miss St - W
@KY - L
GA - W
Ole Miss - W
@Bama - L
10-8 Conference Record

That gives us a 22-9 record going into the tournament.  Which is really realistic looking at our schedule.  With key wins over Florida, Missouri, Alabama, Ole Miss, and SMU.  And hopefully a few teams like High Point, Dayton, and Minnesota have a decent RPI.  I think with that record and at least 2 wins in the SEC tourney we should be a lock.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: -Blu on September 04, 2013, 07:00:03 pm
Since, not much action is going on here and we're still waiting on the "Official" schedule thought it would be a good time to get some predictions going since we already know the schedule anyways.

I put aside my razorback feelings and gave a true prediction based on our opponents, our history, and the players we have coming in.  A couple of these games I have a losses I think we have a good shot at winning.  I also filled out the Maui Bracket and made the schedule predictions based off of that.

SIU-Ed - W
UL(Laf) - W
SMU - W
Cal (Maui) - L
Minn (Maui) - W
Dayton (Maui) - W
SE Louisiana - W
Clem - W
Sav St - W
Tenn Mart - W
South Ala (@LR) - W
High Point - W
Texas SA - W
13-1 Out of Conference Record

@TAM - L
FL - W
KY - L
@GA - W
@Tenn - L
Auburn - W
Mizz - W
@LSU - L
Bama - W
@Vandy - W
@Mizz - L
LSU - L
SC - W
@Miss St - W
@KY - L
GA - W
Ole Miss - W
@Bama - L
10-8 Conference Record

That gives us a 23-9 record going into the tournament.  Which is really realistic looking at our schedule.  With key wins over Florida, Missouri, Alabama, Ole Miss, SMU.  And hopefully a few teams like High Point, Dayton, and Minnesota have a decent RPI.  I think with that record and at 2 wins in the SEC tourney we should be a lock.

We will beat Kentucky at Home...

Swinesong1

I put aside my razorback feelings and gave a true prediction based on our opponents, our history, and the players we have coming in.  A couple of these games I have a losses I think we have a good shot at winning.  I also filled out the Maui Bracket and made the schedule predictions based off of that.

SIU-Ed - W
UL(Laf) - W
SMU - W
Cal (Maui) - L
Minn (Maui) - W
Dayton (Maui) - W
SE Louisiana - W
Clem - W
Sav St - W
Tenn Mart - W
South Ala (@LR) - W
High Point - W
Texas SA - W

@TAM - L
FL - W
KY - L
@GA - W
@Tenn - L
Auburn - W
Mizz - W
@LSU - L
Bama - W
@Vandy - W
@Mizz - L
LSU - L
SC - W
@Miss St - W
@KY - L
GA - W
Ole Miss - W
@Bama - L
10-8 Conference Record

That gives us a 23-9 record going into the tournament.  Which is really realistic looking at our schedule.  With key wins over Florida, Missouri, Alabama, Ole Miss, SMU.  And hopefully a few teams like High Point, Dayton, and Minnesota have a decent RPI.  I think with that record and at 2 wins in the SEC tourney we should be a lock.
Don't think we lose to Ky @ home or to Cal or A&M and will split with LSU.

-Blu

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on September 04, 2013, 08:11:53 pm

I hope we do.  Like I said I left my razorback feelings out of it, and tried to look at it as a non-razorback fan.  With the way we play at home, and our feelings towards Kentucky, I think we will bring it and have a good shot at winning and pulling the upset, but Kentucky is the #1 rated team in the country with the best roster until proven otherwise.  If I made this prediction as a true razorback fan with my shades on I would have us 12-6 in conference going undefeated at home in conference with a 13-1 OOC. 

Also, the reason I picked us to lose to Cal is because they return all their starters from a 21 win team last season.  I think Minnesota lost so much, and lost their coach they should be a very beatable team in the second round, then you have to figure Dayton will beat Chiminade, and we should be able to beat Dayton as well.

hawgchill

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on September 04, 2013, 08:11:53 pm
Uncle Back, you and BLU are quickly becoming Hall o' Fame level hogvillians for me...

Love the way BOTH of you really SEE the positive elements of our reclaimation project.

Keep it flowin' guys

HogCaller13

I won't make any predictions till I see the official schedule. :)
Respect Your Opponent, But Fear None!!! #1-0 WPS

AirForceHog

Do you guys/girls really think we lose to Missouri?
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Big Nasty 34

AirForce: on the road, yes. We may get their best game of the year

The_Iceman

SIU-Ed - W
ULL - W
SMU - W
Cal (Maui) - W
Syracuse (Maui) - L
Gonzaga (Maui) - W
SE Louisiana - W
Clem - W
Sav St - W
Tenn Mart - W
South Ala (@LR) - W
High Point - W
Texas SA - W
12-1 Out of Conference Record

@TAM - W
FL - L
KY - L
@GA - W
@Tenn - L
Auburn - W
Mizz - W
@LSU - L
Bama - W
@Vandy - W
@Mizz - L
LSU - W
SC - W
@Miss St - W
@KY - L
GA - W
Ole Miss - W
@Bama - L
11-7 Conference Record

23-8 Record, 11-7 Conference. #8 Seed in NCAA Tournament.

jry04

Unless I miscounted, you guys are off a game. Both of you said 13-1 in the non-conference, but we only play 13 non-conference games.

I think we go 1-2 in Maui, and win all of our other non-conference games making us 11-2 in non-conference. I think we go 11-7 in conference for a record of 22-9.

cardsNhogs

11-2 non conference
10-8 conference

21-10 overall = bubble

UNCLE BACK

Im going to say 12 and 1 and 11 and 7  23-8 with two wins in the SEC tourney and a loss to Kentucky in the finals. 25-9 with a 6 Seed and 1 win in the dance... Overall  26-10...

razorbackkid

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on September 09, 2013, 02:03:04 pm
Im going to say 12 and 1 and 11 and 7  23-8 with two wins in the SEC tourney and a loss to Kentucky in the finals. 25-9 with a 6 Seed and 1 win in the dance... Overall  26-10...
I'll take it.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

HF#1

Quote from: cardsNhogs on September 09, 2013, 01:47:48 pm
11-2 non conference
10-8 conference

21-10 overall = bubble NIT
fixt

We should win 22-25 games. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

-Blu

SIU-Ed - W
UL(Laf) - W
SMU - W
Cal (Maui) - L
Minn (Maui) - W
Dayton (Maui) - W
SE Louisiana - W
Clem - W
Sav St - W
Tenn Mart - W
South Ala (@LR) - W
High Point - W
Texas SA - W

@TAM - L
FL - W
KY - L
@GA - W
@Tenn - L
Auburn - W
Mizz - W
@LSU - L
Bama - W
@Vandy - W
@Mizz - L
LSU - L
SC - W
@Miss St - W
@KY - L
GA - W
Ole Miss - W
@Bama - L
10-8 Conference Record

Just notice the error in my original post.  It should be 12-1 OOC, 10-8 in conference with a 22-9 finish going into SEC Tournament.

Hawg Red

September 09, 2013, 03:06:01 pm #15 Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:00:11 pm by Hawg Red
Changed official prediction on 9/17/13. See post #47.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 09, 2013, 03:06:01 pm
This prediction plus 10-2 OOC. 21-9, 18-1 at home (again), 3-6 on the road.

Safely in the NIT.

You know there's 13 OOC games right, so I'm assuming that would make your OOC 11-2. Also, I would say somebody had it out for us if we went 22-9 with wins against Florida, Ole Miss, Missouri, Alabama, LSU, SMU, and a Maui Win and we got no love on the committee for the tournament.  All those teams should be around the 50 RPI or better mark.  Then the teams we play OOC at home are mostly sub 200 RPI teams, so it won't hurt as bad as 300+ RPI teams we had last year.  And even with all that we were on the bubble of the next 4 out going into the last week of the season after we beat Kentucky.  So I think it's safe to say with a couple of big wins like we had last year, and a few road wins, we should make it to the tournament.

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on September 09, 2013, 03:52:16 pm
You know there's 13 OOC games right, so I'm assuming that would make your OOC 11-2. Also, I would say somebody had it out for us if we went 22-9 with wins against Florida, Ole Miss, Missouri, Alabama, LSU, SMU, and a Maui Win and we got no love on the committee for the tournament.  All those teams should be around the 50 RPI or better mark.  Then the teams we play OOC at home are mostly sub 200 RPI teams, so it won't hurt as bad as 300+ RPI teams we had last year.  And even with all that we were on the bubble of the next 4 out going into the last week of the season after we beat Kentucky.  So I think it's safe to say with a couple of big wins like we had last year, and a few road wins, we should make it to the tournament.

So we still play a 3rd Maui game if we lose the first two?

I don't have us winning a game in Maui.

Kevin

11-2 ooc
9-9 sec
20-11 pre-sec tournament
21-12 overall, nit
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 09, 2013, 04:01:07 pm
So we still play a 3rd Maui game if we lose the first two?

I don't have us winning a game in Maui.

We will play three in Maui.

I can see us beating Minnesota, Chaminade, and/or Dayton. Not so much Syracuse or Gonzaga. Cal is a total toss up. The scary thing is that we could very easily start off SEC play going 0-5 if we continue our never-ending road woes.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hawg Red

I'll give us 11-2 OOC, beating Dayton in Maui. 22-9, 18-1 at home (again), 3-6 on the road (and 1 neutral court win).

Safely in the NIT. That means we're a bubble NIT team. None of us know how good Missouri, Ole Miss or Alabama are really going to be so let's stop short of predicting them as RPI top 50 teams. Hell, we aren't even sure how good LSU will really be. We know Kentucky, Florida and probably Tennessee will be strong teams in the SEC. That's it.

Hawg Red

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on September 09, 2013, 04:16:02 pm

I can see us beating Minnesota, Chaminade, and/or Dayton. Not so much Syracuse or Gonzaga. Cal is a total toss up. The scary thing is that we could very easily start off SEC play going 0-5 if we continue our never-ending road woes.

Definitely possible and a fear of mine.

UNCLE BACK

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on September 09, 2013, 04:16:02 pm

Wow, that would be catastrophic!

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 09, 2013, 04:17:13 pm
I'll give us 11-2 OOC, beating Dayton in Maui. 22-9, 18-1 at home (again), 3-6 on the road (and 1 neutral court win).

Safely in the NIT. That means we're a bubble NIT team. None of us know how good Missouri, Ole Miss or Alabama are really going to be so let's stop short of predicting them as RPI top 50 teams. Hell, we aren't even sure how good LSU will really be. We know Kentucky, Florida and probably Tennessee will be strong teams in the SEC. That's it.

We know more about Missouri, Ole Miss, and Alabama than we do about Kentucky, we've never seen any of them play a second of college ball.  Missouri will be what they have been under Haith, which is a first round exit Tourney team.  Ole Miss will still be very competitive if Marshall Henderson is there, they will take a step back though, and Alabama will be another team on the bubble.  Kentucky however could be one of the best teams in college bball history, or a massive disaster.

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on September 09, 2013, 04:34:54 pm
We know more about Missouri, Ole Miss, and Alabama than we do about Kentucky, we've never seen any of them play a second of college ball.  Missouri will be what they have been under Haith, which is a first round exit Tourney team.  Ole Miss will still be very competitive if Marshall Henderson is there, they will take a step back though, and Alabama will be another team on the bubble.  Kentucky however could be one of the best teams in college bball history, or a massive disaster.

Okay.

I can't do this with you today.

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on September 09, 2013, 04:57:14 pm
Haha +1 if I could.

HA happy cause he finally found somebody that agrees with him on something.  Hawg Red should have changed his name to Hawg Advocate Jr.  You guys are the only 2 that I know that hates on your own team and staff then act like eveybody else is crazy for not wanting to do the same.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: -Blu on September 09, 2013, 05:18:36 pm
HA happy cause he finally found somebody that agrees with him on something.  Hawg Red should have changed his name to Hawg Advocate Jr.  You guys are the only 2 that I know that hates on your own team and staff then act like eveybody else is crazy for not wanting to do the same.

LOL wow. You're the guy who's mad because I wouldn't share info with you about the schedule. I know what it's like having to respond to your constant desire to pick a fight on a message board over a petty difference of opinions.

You obviously care more far more about drama on Hogville than you do about being objective and rational about the opinions of others regarding Razorback basketball.

Not my problem though, as your ongoing posts about me are meaningless. Good day and  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on September 09, 2013, 05:18:36 pm

That's EXACTLY what I do, too.

You got me.

(Predicts 22 wins, 11 SEC wins, only 1 home loss, and 3 road wins + 1 neutral court win after losing top two players = "hates on" his own team)

-Blu

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on September 09, 2013, 05:39:24 pm
LOL wow. You're the guy who's mad because I wouldn't share info with you about the schedule. I know what it's like having to respond to your constant desire to pick a fight on a message board over a petty difference of opinions.

You obviously care more far more about drama on Hogville than you do about being objective and rational about the opinions of others regarding Razorback basketball.

Not my problem though, as your ongoing posts about me are meaningless. Good day and  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

I almost spilled my drink laughing at this.  Are you kiddin me.  HA you get into it with everybody, didn't you just return from a ban?  I have no problems with people giving opinions on a message board, you can read my post history, I'm positive in 90% of my posts.  The other 10% I call you out on your bull.  You take things overboard, and go out of your way to make CMA and the staff look bad.  And I believe most people on here can agree on that.  And I must admit I get bored at work sometimes, and it's entertainment for me to watch you constantly contradict yourself because of your hatred for CMA.  As far as Hawg Red, I just like giving him a hard time when he agrees you, because honestly nobody should ever be on your side, because we all know you have a hidden agenda, and can't wait for something to go wrong.

mhuff

Quote from: -Blu on September 09, 2013, 05:52:20 pm
I almost spilled my drink laughing at this.  Are you kiddin me.  HA you get into it with everybody, didn't you just return from a ban?  I have no problems with people giving opinions on a message board, you can read my post history, I'm positive in 90% of my posts.  The other 10% I call you out on your bull.  You take things overboard, and go out of your way to make CMA and the staff look bad.  And I believe most people on here can agree on that.  And I must admit I get bored at work sometimes, and it's entertainment for me to watch you constantly contradict yourself because of your hatred for CMA.  As far as Hawg Red, I just like giving him a hard time when he agrees you, because honestly nobody should ever be on your side, because we all know you have a hidden agenda, and can't wait for something to go wrong.

Umpah, everybody doesn't feel that way. Blu, what's with you? You usually have some good posts, but it seems you are just trying to stir us some crap on this one. You really aren't improving your credibility with junk like this. Get back with the program instead of attacking people. HA did nothing to warrant a vacation.

The_Iceman

Hawg Red, I disagree with you on LSU. They have two McDonald's All-Americans down low in O'Bryant and Martin. They have experience at the guard position. They are going to be a bubble NCAA team. They'll be much better than they've been in recent years.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 10, 2013, 07:30:44 am
Hawg Red, I disagree with you on LSU. They have two McDonald's All-Americans down low in O'Bryant and Martin. They have experience at the guard position. They are going to be a bubble NCAA team. They'll be much better than they've been in recent years.

Remember when he brought a top 10 recruiting class in in 2011? How'd Devonta Pollard do at Bama last year?

Unless we're talking about Kentucky level talent (top 10 guys), let me see it first.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 10, 2013, 08:53:57 am
Remember when he brought a top 10 recruiting class in in 2011? How'd Devonta Pollard do at Bama last year?

Unless we're talking about Kentucky level talent (top 10 guys), let me see it first.
confused now.  I thought you all were talking about LSU.  How did Bama enter the convo?

GuvHog

12-1 Non Conference
12-7 SEC
-------------------------
24-8 overall
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hawg Red

Quote from: Swinesong1 on September 10, 2013, 09:08:31 am
confused now.  I thought you all were talking about LSU.  How did Bama enter the convo?

Devonta Pollard = McDonald's All-American.

Iceman sited LSU having two McDonald's All-Americans, one of which hasn't played in college yet.

My point was that highly rated players don't always pan out (we should know this) and translate to success. Based on Calipari's track record, I don't worry about Kentucky. Anyone else, show me first.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 10, 2013, 09:38:20 am
Devonta Pollard = McDonald's All-American.

Iceman sited LSU having two McDonald's All-Americans, one of which hasn't played in college yet.

My point was that highly rated players don't always pan out (we should know this) and translate to success. Based on Calipari's track record, I don't worry about Kentucky. Anyone else, show me first.
Got it.

Hawg Red

For the record, I do expect for LSU to be a tournament-caliber team. They were decent most of last year. I'm just saying....I think we all expected the Hogs to be a tournament-caliber team last year, too. Programs like Ole Miss, Arkansas, and LSU, you need to see them prove it first, even if they do manage to snag an McDonald's All-American.

yocdaddy

After looking over the schedule, I see a record of 24-9.  I assume the first two games are exhibition and don't really count.  So a 22-9 record, 11-7 in conference games before the SEC tournament.

NCAA Tournament bid
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

-Blu

I think LSU will be really good this year,  It's really hard to not give them credit with a very good recruiting class, and still having veterans that are pretty good as well.  And the most important thing is they have a really good PG, and good big man.  SEC is definitely on the rise this year.  I project 6 teams from the SEC in the tourney this year.

1. Kentucky
2. Florida
3. Tennessee
4. LSU
5. Arkansas
6. Missouri

I think Ole Miss and Alabama will be in the mix as well, but I think Ole Miss lost too much on their front line, and Alabama had a pretty weak schedule last year, they won't be as good as some think, but still a pretty solid team.

Kevin

this season is a big unknown. Relying on freshman & transfer to make big impacts.

still wish we had a bona fide point guard
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

azhog10

This is a very favorable schedule in my opinion. I really think we can win close to 23 games. I think 11 or 12 is doable in conference if we can get that first road win against TAMU. I really think that game is going to set the tone for how well we will or won't play on the road. So I think we will be around 23-8. That should be enough to get us in the NCAAT.

Jonteviosk

I have made predictions in the recent several seasons which bit me in the backside. I think im going into a wait and se mode with this team with minimal expectations. Hell we might finish dead last in conf this season like season 2 under Pelphrey. Everyone remember getting our hopes up 12-1 OOC including 2 top ten teams in a week only to go 2-14 in conf play that year including opening the conf play with a double digit lss to a weakass Miss St team lol!
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

-Blu

Quote from: azhog10 on September 10, 2013, 04:27:31 pm
This is a very favorable schedule in my opinion. I really think we can win close to 23 games. I think 11 or 12 is doable in conference if we can get that first road win against TAMU. I really think that game is going to set the tone for how well we will or won't play on the road. So I think we will be around 23-8. That should be enough to get us in the NCAAT.

I agree that TAM game is going to be huge.  If we pickup a win there it will really get the monkey off of our back, and I think it will set the tone for the rest of our road games.  There's going to be a lot of pressure with that game because if we lose, everybody will start to point to the "weak" OOC schedule and the rumblings of CMA can't coach on the road will begin to emerge again.  This is off-topic but has anyone heard anything about how Jamal Jones is doing?  He expected to be a starter for TAM?

Also, I think that Florida game at home is going to be huge as well.  We get that win, it's going to build a lot of confidence with the team going against Kentucky in the next game.  Our first 5 games in conference are going to be critical.  We could either be on a roll maybe even a ranked team after those first 5 games, or we could be last in the conference looking for our first win at home against vs our ole friends at Auburn.

Smithian

We win on the road we make the NCAA Tournament.

We continue losing on the road and we'll sit around the team on Selection Sunday hoping for the best during the NIT show.

I expect and hope Scenario #1 occurs.

azhog10

Quote from: Smithian on September 15, 2013, 02:17:26 pm
We win on the road we make the NCAA Tournament.

You think? I figured we had no shot at all if we won on the road.

HF#1

Quote from: azhog10 on September 10, 2013, 04:27:31 pm

I pretty much see it the same way.  Nicely said.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hawg Red

Official predictions:

vs. SIU-Edwardsville: Win
vs. Louisiana-Lafayette: Win
vs. SMU: Win
vs. California (Maui): Win
vs. Syracuse (Maui): Loss
vs. Baylor (Maui): Loss
vs. SE Louisiana: Win
vs. Clemson: Win
vs. Savannah State: Win
vs. Tennesse-Martin: Win
vs. South Alabama (NLR): Win
vs. High Point: Win
vs. Texas San Antonio: Win

11-2 non-conference/1-2 Maui

@ Texas A&M: Win
vs Florida: Win
vs Kentucky: Loss
@ Georgia: Win
@ Tennessee: Loss
vs Auburn: Win
vs Missouri: Win
@ LSU: Loss
vs Alabama: Win
@ Vanderbilt: Win
@ Missouri: Loss
vs LSU: Win
vs South Carolina: Win
@ Mississippi State: Win
@ Kentucky: Loss
vs Georgia: Win
vs Ole Miss: Win
@ Alabama: Loss

12-6 SEC/8-1 home/4-5 road

23-8 - NCAA tournament. That's where I'm at today. Changed to one Maui win and winning at A&M. The Hogs have to "be first" away from BWA and that needs to start right now. Putting a lot of faith in the guards being competent enough to let our frontcourt do it's thing and not hold us back.

Hawg Red

Hahaha - I have the Hogs winning 1 more game than -Blu.

What a hater I am.

-Blu

That is very surprising.  Those predictions aren't bad. You must be in a good mood today or something.