Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs vs. Miss St game thread (The Throw-Backs Live)

Started by BigHog396, March 01, 2006, 07:10:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jrw11475

Richard_white

It's a good thing I took my meds tonight...lol

WPS

msudawgs64

Quote from: BigHog396 on March 01, 2006, 09:01:15 pm
80-70 State just quit.  WPS!!!!

no, not quit, no bench.  If we had quit it would have been a 30 point or more win.  Congrats on the win guys, good luck the rest of the way and enjoy the NCAA's..
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

John Futrall

HoopS

hogfancb

Zen_Hog

TheUrge68

Inside me lives a skinny woman trying to get out. I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies - Unknown

idochog

Well after the consective wins against tough teams, we were due for a flat game.

Thank goodness it was at home.
I love Jesus!

GrizzledHogFan

Hogs won (x2), Duke lost, and Texas lost.  That's a good day.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

jrw11475

Pragmatic PiG

94 Hawg

that last 3 was a knuckle ball, the thing never turned
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

idochog

Quote from: gmb_79 on March 01, 2006, 09:05:04 pm
Hogs won (x2), Duke lost, and Texas lost.  That's a good day.

Good day, HECK that is a GREAT day
I love Jesus!

BigHog396

Quote from: msudawgs64 on March 01, 2006, 09:04:18 pm

no, not quit, no bench.  If we had quit it would have been a 30 point or more win.  Congrats on the win guys, good luck the rest of the way and enjoy the NCAA's..
I was talking about with 30 seconds to go.  They didn't try to foul every time we touched the ball.  That is what I meant by quit.

idochog

I love Jesus!

idochog

I love Jesus!

BigHog396

5-0 in the '78 throwback uniforms.  Gotta keep this going.  I am not superstitious or anything.

HoopS

Ty to all of you who contributed to this thread.  Karma will be handed out tomorrow from me (can't do it on phone)

Ty again for the updates

msudawgs64

Quote from: BigHog396 on March 01, 2006, 09:05:47 pm

I was talking about with 30 seconds to go.  They didn't try to foul every time we touched the ball.  That is what I meant by quit.

ah, I see, my bad. Yeah, looks like Stans just called off the defense since it was obvious that the Hogs were going into ball control and just kill the clock.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Boss Hogg

BigHog396

Quote from: msudawgs64 on March 01, 2006, 09:07:51 pm

ah, I see, my bad. Yeah, looks like Stans just called off the defense since it was obvious that the Hogs were going into ball control and just kill the clock.
Yeah, he showed some class.  I get tired of watching teams continuously foul when there is zero chance of them coming back in the last 30-45 seconds.  Heck, I used to get tired of watching us do it when we didn't have any chance of coming back.

RAZ FAN

Way to go hogs! Glad to see a 20 win season again. Lets keep it going. Go Hogs

Broken Trigger

msudawgs64

Quote from: BigHog396 on March 01, 2006, 09:10:47 pm
Quote from: msudawgs64 on March 01, 2006, 09:07:51 pm

Yeah, he showed some class.  I get tired of watching teams continuously foul when there is zero chance of them coming back in the last 30-45 seconds.  Heck, I used to get tired of watching us do it when we didn't have any chance of coming back.

lol, yeah I hear you, can't stand that. You know when I truly hate it is when my team is going to be on TV in the second game but the station won't change to my game but I get to watch 45 seconds take about 10 minutes due to the TV timeouts left..  ESPN is BAD about this.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: mikeyg31 on March 01, 2006, 09:04:23 pm
A/M 46 Texas 43  FINAL

That's like an old SWC score with Sutton and Abe Lemons battling before the 35 sec shot clock.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

I hate to see Texas lose to Texas Agricultural & Mining. Don't like seeing the Longhorns ever lose but especially not to Aggies, those mo's.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 01, 2006, 11:47:04 pm
A/M 46 Texas 43  FINAL

That's like an old SWC score with Sutton and Abe Lemons battling before the 35 sec shot clock.
Shelby Metcalf was at the game, he was on camera a couple of times.  Then they showed some highlights of the good ol' days of SWC basketball...come on..you know you loved the Hogs back then!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on March 01, 2006, 11:54:31 pm
Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 01, 2006, 11:47:04 pm
A/M 46 Texas 43  FINAL

Shelby Metcalf was at the game, he was on camera a couple of times.  Then they showed some highlights of the good ol' days of SWC basketball...come on..you know you loved the Hogs back then!

Oh yeah...lived and breathed it. Didn't miss a game. Back then, in late 70's, Channel 7 would delay broadcast the games at 10:30 and I would not listen to the game and stay up to watch it from 10:30 to 12:30. What a team we had back then with the triplets, etc. Great battles back then with A&M (Rynn Wright et al), Baylor (Vinnie Johnson?), Rice (Ricky Pierce), Texas and Lemons (who was that fat PG they had who was such a nemsis to the Hogs, Ron something?), Texas Tech, even TCU at times as well as SMU and of course Houston in pre-Phi Slamma Jamma days when they had Cecil Rose and other great players.

At one time or another in the late 70's, every damn team in the SWC was nationally competitive and most of the 9 schools were in the top 20 at some point.

Richard_white

Yeah I know what you mean HoginMemphis, I can remember back in the days of the SWC during introducing the players (like at A & M) when they chant, who cares or who's that (while holding up a newspaper)  The atmosphere was great back in th days of the old SWC.

WPS