Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just how bad is Ronnie Brewer that

Started by nwarazfan, February 09, 2006, 10:20:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwarazfan

he can't hit open 15 ft shots and can't drive to the basket in the closing seconds?

Hawgdawgrain

About as bad as he was to score 6 points in a matter of seconds...

Yeah...he sucks.

WILL CLINTON

LIke I've been saying all along, he's way overhyped.  He is the SEC preseason player of the year in a year that the SEC is down more than it has been in 10 years.  He is an average player, but there aren't any teams in the top 25 that would trade their "star" for our "star". 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Biggus Piggus

Ronnie's explanation of the final play wasn't really very satisfying, either.  Like he was told to take the shot or else.
[CENSORED]!

Kevin

great player in the open floor. average player in the half court.  needs skill work like so many of our players
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

12under

we have hit a new low in stupidity on this board.  saying that ronnie is not a great college player is just ridiculous. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

othermac

ronnie is so bad he is being projected as a lottery pick in the next nba draft.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: 12under on February 09, 2006, 11:00:43 am
we have hit a new low in stupidity on this board.  saying that ronnie is not a great college player is just ridiculous. 

He is not a GREAT college player, he is good though.  Probably not even in the top 5 that played at Arkansas, or maybe not even the top 10.  If he was great, you could sit the person in his position on most teams in the top 25 and insert him.  IMO, you could not do that.  I know Duke, UConn, Nova, Florida, etc. wouldn't trade their best player for him......

mbgrulz

Kevin

no way he is in the lottery, first round yes

12under

i defy you to name 10 players who have had a bigger impact on their razorback team than ronnie brewer.  without ronnie this year, we would have lost at LEAST 5 more games.  he does so much for us offensively and defensively it is unbelievable.  i am not saying he is the best player in the country, just that he is a great COLLEGE player.  i, also, would not trade any of those team's best player for ronnie with the exception of reddick

hogsNbeer

Quote from: othermac on February 09, 2006, 11:02:57 am

No way is he a lottery pick.........  Not a GREAT player........  Tyler Hansborough(UNC) = GREAT PLAYER......    If you watch both play, you will see this...

nwarazfan

wow, the purpose of this thread went right over most of your heads

Mike Tencleve

Quote from: othermac on February 09, 2006, 11:02:57 am

Yes, the NBA takes the really bad players first!! If you don't think he is loto then go check NBA.com and their projected draft.

12under

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 09, 2006, 11:14:17 am
wow, the purpose of this thread went right over most of your heads
you are just so unbelievably smart we are humbled by your presence

hogsNbeer

Quote from: 12under on February 09, 2006, 11:11:17 am
i defy you to name 10 players who have had a bigger impact on their razorback team than ronnie brewer.  without ronnie this year, we would have lost at LEAST 5 more games.  he does so much for us offensively and defensively it is unbelievable.  i am not saying he is the best player in the country, just that he is a great COLLEGE player.  i, also, would not trade any of those team's best player for ronnie with the exception of reddick

In no order...

Sid Moncrief
Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Scott Hastings
Joe Kleine
Corliss Williamson
Cory Beck
Scotty Thurman( not even a good defensive player)
Alex Dillard ( not even a good defensive player)
Pat Bradley(dude could hit the 3 consistently)
Lee Mayberry

OOPS, that was 11...
Anybody could argue these players had more impact on their respective teams...... 

WILL CLINTON

1. Moncrief--nothing needs to be said
2. his dad--nothing needs to be said
3. delph--nothing needs to be said
4. corliss--One of the top 5 Basketball players ever to put on a Hog uniform
5. beck--no one has ever played with more heart and soul than Corey Beck
6. thurman--Clutch to the core, w/o him no NC, Brewer could learn alot about clutch from him
7. Day--Arkansas leading Scorer, played to win, didn't back down from anyone
8. Mayberry--after Beck one of the most important players to ever suit up
9. Miller--Along with Joe Kliene, the best center to play ar arkansas, anyone who can hold Shaq at bay, gets my props.
10. Al Dillard--people don't realize how much he stretched the D and opened up the floor
11. Joe Johnson--does anything need to be said?

I could go on.  I think all of these players were more important to their team's success simply because they all had more success than Brewer has had or will have. 

nwarazfan

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 09, 2006, 11:19:33 am

In no order...

Sid Moncrief
Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Scott Hastings
Joe Kleine
Corliss Williamson
Cory Beck
Lee Mayberry

OOPS, that was 11...
Anybody could argue these players had more impact on their respective teams...... 

Where is all of the Alex Dillard talk coming from lately?  Are we so bad at shooting now that we have made Dillard into a former All American?

12under

In no order...

Sid Moncrief
Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Scott Hastings
Joe Kleine
Corliss Williamson
Cory Beck
Lee Mayberry

OOPS, that was 11...
for you to sit here and say that al dillard had more of an impact on his team than ronnie brewer is the funniest thing i have EVER heard in my life!  that, hands down, is the worst post in the history of this board!  sidney, yes.  corliss, probably.  ron sr., maybe. kleine?  alot of these players have one thing in common, they had great teammates.  i cant believe i am responding to a guy that thinks that al dillard had a major impact on his team!

3kgthog

It is rather hard, unless you are Michael Jordan, to bring the ball down and attempt to score a winning bucket with your teammates standing around watching instead of attempting to set a screen or act like a teammate. Ronnie isn't great one on one and he could've used some help at the end of the game. Personally, the way Modica has been going lately, I would've run a play for him to shoot it.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 09, 2006, 11:22:36 am

In no order...

Sid Moncrief
Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Scott Hastings
Joe Kleine
Corliss Williamson
Cory Beck
Lee Mayberry

OOPS, that was 11...

Where is all of the Alex Dillard talk coming from lately?  Are we so bad at shooting now that we have made Dillard into a former All American?

uhh, the kid made 3 pointers from the Snout and Tail.......  Nobody on this current team can shoot like him... Pleeeeaaase!

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: 12under on February 09, 2006, 11:25:07 am

In no order...

Sid Moncrief
Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Scott Hastings
Joe Kleine
Corliss Williamson
Cory Beck
Lee Mayberry

OOPS, that was 11...
for you to sit here and say that al dillard had more of an impact on his team than ronnie brewer is the funniest thing i have EVER heard in my life!  that, hands down, is the worst post in the history of this board!  sidney, yes.  corliss, probably.  ron sr., maybe. kleine?  alot of these players have one thing in common, they had great teammates.  i cant believe i am responding to a guy that thinks that al dillard had a major impact on his team!

You obviously dont realize how much pressure he put on the defense to guard him at the half court line.  Ronnie doesn't force anyone to guard him from anywhere. 

12under

Quote from: dubyacee on February 09, 2006, 11:21:42 am
6. thurman--Clutch to the core, w/o him no NC, Brewer could learn alot about clutch from him
9. Miller--Along with Joe Kliene, the best center to play ar arkansas, anyone who can hold Shaq at bay, gets my props.
10. Al Dillard--people don't realize how much he stretched the D and opened up the floor

I could go on.  I think all of these players were more important to their team's success simply because they all had more success than Brewer has had or will have. 
AL DILLARD?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  we have had some great players here but as far as importance TO THEIR TEAM, very few as good as ronnie

nwarazfan

Quote from: dubyacee on February 09, 2006, 11:27:54 am

In no order...

Sid Moncrief
Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Scott Hastings
Joe Kleine
Corliss Williamson
Cory Beck
Lee Mayberry

OOPS, that was 11...

You obviously dont realize how much pressure he put on the defense to guard him at the half court line.  Ronnie doesn't force anyone to guard him from anywhere. 

I know you are a Nolan lover, but this is really stretching it now.  Lee Wilson better than Townes?

hogsNbeer

In no order...

Sid Moncrief
Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Scott Hastings
Joe Kleine
Corliss Williamson
Cory Beck
Lee Mayberry

OOPS, that was 11...

Coming from someone who is under 12, that really means alot.....      Sure he had an impact, just as much as Brewer(cur) as had IMO......  When Dillard brought the ball down court-Defenses had to pick him up at the Snout/Tail or he'd burn them ..... He changed the way Defenses played us at times I think...I think that's enough to bar a certain level of IMPACT.....

othermac

someone compare the ppg, steals, rebounds, i bet ronnie comes out on top. plus if he had scottie or day on this team, there would be a world of difference in the w-l record, they need a shooter.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

12under

In no order...

Sid Moncrief
Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Scott Hastings
Joe Kleine
Corliss Williamson
Cory Beck
Lee Mayberry

OOPS, that was 11...

it just keeps getting dumber and dumber here.  i have a pretty level head but this thread has given me a headache.   STUPIDITY SUCKS!

WILL CLINTON

So if you are putting together an all-time Razorback team, you sit any of these players in favor of ronnie?  Your nuttz if you do, and you don't win near as many games.  You need to accept the fact that Ronnie is average.  There are plenty of players that can do what Ronnie does AND can hit clutch shots on a consistent basis.  You tell me one clutch shot that he has hit?  Just one. 

OH, and if you take out Al Dillard, you just move JJ up one spot and there are still 10 better, more important to their team than Ron Jr. 

fullfan

In the game I watched last night they are no where close to overcoming the deficit and taking the lead without Brewer.  He stepped up and took over.  Thats all you can expect is to have your star give you a chance.  Had the freethrows gone in you could have looked to Brewer as the reason they won the game.  Too much overanalyzing.  RB played a heck of a game.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 09, 2006, 11:30:09 am

In no order...

Sid Moncrief
Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Scott Hastings
Joe Kleine
Corliss Williamson
Cory Beck
Lee Mayberry

OOPS, that was 11...

I know you are a Nolan lover, but this is really stretching it now.  Lee Wilson better than Townes?

Who said anything about Nolan or Lee Wilson???

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: fullfan on February 09, 2006, 11:33:00 am
In the game I watched last night they are no where close to overcoming the deficit and taking the lead without Brewer.  He stepped up and took over.  Thats all you can expect is to have your star give you a chance.  Had the freethrows gone in you could have looked to Brewer as the reason they won the game.  Too much overanalyzing.  RB played a heck of a game.

Im not basing my opinions on one game...

hogsNbeer

Quote from: othermac on February 09, 2006, 11:31:31 am

someone compare the ppg, steals, rebounds, i bet ronnie comes out on top. plus if he had scottie or day on this team, there would be a world of difference in the w-l record, they need a shooter.

Leading the Box Scores all the time is not all that it takes to make a viable IMPACT on your team and make it better....It helps yes, but not the end all...IMO

Kevin

i would add some old school guys Martin Terry and Dean Tolson.

Plus, Kareem Reid has a pretty solid impact

othermac

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 09, 2006, 11:31:03 am

In no order...

Sid Moncrief
Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Scott Hastings
Joe Kleine
Corliss Williamson
Cory Beck
Lee Mayberry

OOPS, that was 11...

Coming from someone who is under 12, that really means alot.....      Sure he had an impact, just as much as Brewer(cur) as had IMO......  When Dillard brought the ball down court-Defenses had to pick him up at the Snout/Tail or he'd burn them ..... He changed the way Defenses played us at times I think...I think that's enough to bar a certain level of IMPACT.....

dillard was a shooter, ronnie is a player, no comparison.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: 12under on February 09, 2006, 11:32:30 am

In no order...

Sid Moncrief
Marvin Delph
Ron Brewer
Scott Hastings
Joe Kleine
Corliss Williamson
Cory Beck
Lee Mayberry

OOPS, that was 11...

it just keeps getting dumber and dumber here.  i have a pretty level head but this thread has given me a headache.   STUPIDITY SUCKS!

So, people are stupid if they don't agree with you............?

12under

AMEN!  and hogsnbeer 12under is not my age but a golf reference, jack

Kevin

draft is in june, let us see what happens then.  they also have had us in the tourney too, we know that is not goingto happen

hogsNbeer

Quote from: 12under on February 09, 2006, 11:39:53 am

AMEN!  and hogsnbeer 12under is not my age but a golf reference, jack

I play golf myself...I knew what it meant,jack...

12under

Quote from: Kevin on February 09, 2006, 11:40:34 am
draft is in june, let us see what happens then.  they also have had us in the tourney too, we know that is not goingto happen
who is they?  and rb will be taken in the top 20

DOGALUM

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 09, 2006, 11:25:08 am
It is rather hard, unless you are Michael Jordan, to bring the ball down and attempt to score a winning bucket with your teammates standing around watching instead of attempting to set a screen or act like a teammate. Ronnie isn't great one on one and he could've used some help at the end of the game. Personally, the way Modica has been going lately, I would've run a play for him to shoot it.
For the record.....last night when Ronnie took that last shot, McCurdy was open on the right wing for 3.  He threw a hand in the air,  and Brewer saw him....but decided to take the shot he took.  I'm not busting on Brewer, but all his teammates were not just standing around.  I'd take McCurdy's chances with an open 3 over Brewer's on the shot he ended up taking.  Gotta have faith in your teammates.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Kevin

espn bracketology had us in the tourney

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: 12under on February 09, 2006, 11:43:41 am

first he's a lottery pick and now he is in the top 20, his stock is falling. 

12under

Quote from: dubyacee on February 09, 2006, 11:46:03 am

show me where I said he was a lottery pick

12under

Quote from: DOGALUM on February 09, 2006, 11:45:04 am
For the record.....last night when Ronnie took that last shot, McCurdy was open on the right wing for 3.  He threw a hand in the air,  and Brewer saw him....but decided to take the shot he took.  I'm not busting on Brewer, but all his teammates were not just standing around.  I'd take McCurdy's chances with an open 3 over Brewer's on the shot he ended up taking.  Gotta have faith in your teammates.
i would have taken my chances that mccurdy could have made at least 1 of 2 free throws too.  i would have, and did, lose

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: 12under on February 09, 2006, 11:47:40 am

Show me where I said you said that..

12under

Quote from: dubyacee on February 09, 2006, 11:51:39 am
Quote from: 12under on February 09, 2006, 11:47:40 am

Show me where I said you said that..
right there

WILL CLINTON

First he's a lottery pick, and now he is in the top 20, his stock is falling. 

Don't see where I said you said it.  Just said that it was said first, go back and you will see that first he was said to be a lottery pick, then now he is only in the top 20.  I made a observation about what was being said about his draft status, not who was saying it.  Are you sure you're over 12?

jlmnjem

February 09, 2006, 11:58:47 am #48 Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 12:02:00 pm by jlmnjem

Actually, when Brewer first started making his move above the left wing, Modica broke from the offside along the baseline and had a smaller man one on one on the block and Ronnie didn't pass it to him. As Brewer moved toward the top of the key, Thomas set a pick for him and when Thomas' man stepped out on Brewer, Thomas rolled to the basket (I believe they call that a "pick and roll") and Brewer didn't pass it to him, either.

NATEHOGG216

this thread is refrickindiculous,  You really think ronnie is that bad.  Without RB we get creamed most nights.  Modica is a decent supporting cast member but thats pretty much it.  To say "ALL" of those other players had more of an impact on helping their team is a slap in the face to ronnie.  I am not saying that he is the better player than everyone on the list, I am not that short minded.  It is too hard to determine if a player like ronnie is better than a center or true point gaurd.  Those are not his position.  But to say they all had more of an impact on their team is ascinine(sp?).  Ronnie is one of the only reasons stan still has a job.  He has singlehandedly kept us in a bunch of games and even singlehandedly won some of those games.  Without Ronnie getting pissed and making that run last night we lose by 20.  I cannot believe that all of YOU fans would turn on him after missing a pisspoor final shot that would have won the game.  W/O him we weren't in that position to make it a game.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.