Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stan saying that the refs screwed us.

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, January 18, 2006, 09:25:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think there is any "fishiness" behind SEC officiating?

Yes
93 (71%)
No
38 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Nutt_Hate_Me

Hey Stan the Ref's may have screwed us but did you have to bend over and take it like the new fish at Cummins?  Did you have to hand them the tube of vaseline and say "More Please Sir".  Did you have to put on the Sun Dress and sashay around the town square.  Hell no you could have fought it, instead of whining about it in the prison infirmary after the fact.  I'm sure after the game you will take comfort in a warm cup of tea, settle back and relax by watching season 5 of Will and Grace on DVD.
It's great to be home.

dirthog

nice guys finish last. the team doesnt have attitude we have taken on the somber quite demeanor of our coach. I am tired of 40 minutes of heath. when he needs to fire up the team the camera pans to him and he is standing there smiling instead of spitting in the officials faces. we need mike
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

fieldturf

The Refs aren't the reason we lost, but they should be proud of themselves tonight.  Its was defiantly 8 vs 5 Bama!  Please put Don-tell on the pine down the stretch!!!!

pook

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on January 18, 2006, 10:22:52 pm
Hey Stan the Ref's may have screwed us but did you have to bend over and take it like the new fish at Cummins? Did you have to hand them the tube of vaseline and say "More Please Sir". Did you have to put on the Sun Dress and sashay around the town square. Hell no you could have fought it, instead of whining about it in the prison infirmary after the fact. I'm sure after the game you will take comfort in a warm cup of tea, settle back and relax by watching season 5 of Will and Grace on DVD.
Amen brother!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

A big part of giving up that lead IMO was Townes having to stand still on defense down the stretch b/c he had 4 fouls.  AL was over his back all night, yet they get Darian for pushing off, giving him his 4th with a ton of time left.  I also remember one AL posession where [Gee?] charged Charles Thomas, and they called blocking on Thomas.  I know you can never expect to get all the calls to go your way, but many of those were very clearly wrong, and something like that charge call can mean a four point difference between AL shooting free throws or us getting the turnover and (hopefully) scoring.

I do wish Stan would grow a pair and get in an official's face every now and then.  Firing up the team (and the fans at home games) would make the technical foul seem like small pittance -  plus you might actually get some calls go your way after that.  One of the things I liked about Nolan was that he only had to give a ref "that look" to know he was on his @ss.

Hardwork321

Who else do you have to bring in the game?

Quote from: hSv on January 18, 2006, 09:27:20 pm
The Refs started Dontell Jefferson in Overtime.

MRROSS

Of course the home team is going to get more calls.  This is a great example of the poor(soft) leadership.  This is the softest team Arkansas has ever put on the floor.  It is time to grow up, be men, and overcome challenges.  We can't blame youth, because we are losing to teams that are younger and less experienced.  We need a Steele or Davidson to step up.......RBI girls, here I come!!!

stevo98

We lost because of stupid mistakes, but the flagrant foul called on Jefferson and the Charles Thomas block (charge) where bad calls.

hogfancb

I do agree with Stan on one thing.  We did almost win playing against 8.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: AlmightyHog on January 18, 2006, 09:29:10 pm
The refs did screw us but a good team and a good coach will play past bad officiating we apparently have neither

My opinion as well.

The refs guaranteed that it was close by making the fouls at around 20-7 up until the last minute when Alabama deliberately fouled several times in a row to get it up to 7 in the second half.  I personally would've preferred at that time to just keep not calling it.  If that smackdown on Thomas in the last 5 minutes of the game, then that touch foul on Jefferson that sent him to the line to miss some free throws wasn't one either.  ;)

That being said, it is the job of the coach to get on the refs.  If Stan had gotten the boot fighting for his team and we lost, I wouldn't have blamed him one bit.  He didn't even have one technical during that stinkfest.  Do you think Eddie or Nolan would've stood for that piece of crap last night?

hogsanity

BEfore you go bashing Heath for complaining about the refs, remember Eddie Sutton and Nolan were known to do it too.  The problem is the inconsistency.  On the play where we blocked the shot, had it out and running, they just ran over our guy froim behind to knock it lose, then ripped Fergusons hand away to get it.  Yet they had 2 fouls on Hill when he did not touch the guy. 

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

MRROSS

Very good point.  Prime example of Heath's softness.  The Bama coach was all over the ref's a couple of times and seemed to get results.  He should have jumped them on a few occasions but we still choked and blew the game.  I would rather have our guys be a little too flashy, cocky, etc. than see a bunch of guys scared to handle the rock when it counts

HogHillbilly

It sounds like Stan is starting to get that Nutt syndrome..................It's not my fault, the refs screwed us.....................
Once again I'll say it.............Stan is in over his head................He doesn't have the fire it takes to be a Div 1 Coach...........
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

HOGLIGULA

The point is not how the game was officiated, that doesn't have anything in the world to do with losing a thriteen point lead.  No heath is not a very vocal coach on the court, which is strange coming out of a Mich. St. program that has the most emotional coach in all of basketball.  Does he just come to the game to watch it like a fan and then complain about what happened during the game, while he was supposedly coaching?
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

chiefsfan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 18, 2006, 09:25:46 pm
said the team will play 8 on 5 if they have to from now on.

Heath didnt say the refs screwed us.   He said "screw it"  and ended the press conference

He would be a whole lot lighter in the wallet had he said they screwed us.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

BTW if yall dont want heath, give him to ASU.   We can use a guy who knows how to coach players somewhat...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

WILL CLINTON

Who cares about the refs?  We have the player of the year in the SEC (in a year where there are only 10 maybe nBA type players), and he has 3 pts in the first half, then 17 in the second.  He should be scoring 25+ a game.  Brewer probably wouldn't start on any team in the top 25.  Hell, I know that Duke, Florida, UConn, Maryland wouldn't trade a player off their bench for Brewer.  Face it people, this team is not very talented.  Schaffer said last night that Hill was "on a scoring streak" after amassing an amazing 18 points in the past 3 games.  We have no shooters.  This team would get beat by the worst of Nolan's teams.  It's embarrassing to me to have this team take the court in Razorback uniforms and play the way they do.  It ought to be embarassing to Stan Heath to have a team he has coached perform the way they did. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Anti-OtisII

January 19, 2006, 11:49:39 am #67 Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:51:15 am by Anti-OtisII
Quote from: resqnu911 on January 18, 2006, 09:55:39 pm
i can honestly say that i have never seen a situation in the end of a close game like that where there are only 24 seconds left and the trailing team has to foul 3 consecutive times....just to get into a one and one situation at the line....

and did the thought never occur to the players to try and dribble or pass away from the foul to run some time off the clock???

I've seen it before, but it was even worse than that and it was a Junior High game in Cabot earlier this year.  CJHN had the ball and a 2 point lead with only about 15 seconds left.  The other team was nowhere close to having enough fouls to send Cabot to the line.  After 2 consecutive inbounds plays and subsequent fouls there was only 3 seconds left and Cabot was inbounding from from approx. the halfcourt line.  Now here is where it goes totally wrong.  There is just about only one way that they can give this game away and they pull off the #4 boneheaded play of the game.  With pressure on the inbounds play and no one breaking free, the player throwing the ball in panics and tries to get it to one of the Cabot players breaking back towards the visiting team's goal.  One of the other team's players cuts in front of the pass, steals it, and takes the ball in for a layup as the clock expires.  The Cabot player fouls him on the made shot, and the opposing team wins the game on the made free throw.  Of course these are 14-15 year old kids with a Junior High coach probably only making $30-35K a year as a teacher and coach.   

pfrg999

U
Quote from: weevilhogg on January 18, 2006, 09:26:51 pm
I agree.

The refs missed a bunch of free throws and couldnt block out to save their butts.

Way to go, refs.
Quote from: weevilhogg on January 18, 2006, 09:26:51 pm
I agree.

The refs missed a bunch of free throws and couldnt block out to save their butts.

Way to go, refs.

Uhhh... We out Rebounded them , especially on Offensive Rbs/ Out Blocked them ... They shot 22-33 FT to 4-9 yes we missed 5 they missed 11...  Do you not see a descrepency in those numbers...  Besides your like the Cubs... you should be used to losing... Wait till next year is your freaking motto... we had some mental mistakes but the Refs were HORRIBLE.... we lost the game... But it would NOT have been close without the REFS... we would have won by 15 or 20
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HogInaStrangeLand

Dubyacee,

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME ABOUT BREWER?!?

His a freak of nature on the floor, not to say there's an overabundance of talent in the SEC this year but
dude, serious, start making the Rehab meetings already and GET OFF THE ROCK...
     Please don't offend the one guy that is cleaning house, despite hostile officials and fans, and lack of consistent coaching and teammate support.