Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QB(s) this Saturday...

Started by Swino, October 19, 2005, 08:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

Quote from: D. West on October 19, 2005, 01:20:12 pm
You know where I'll be, Tulsa.
Hey man, Barry Switzer came out this weekend, did you get a chance to see him?

Hollar at me for the SC game, we need to hook up.

No I didn't know Barry was around?  Where was he?

Seemed like you guys were pretty quiet over there Friday night.  :D

HogInMemphis

Casey won't do dick against GA in Athens. What a terrible thing to do to a young man. Nutt should be ashamed for putting the team in this situation. He could see more than one game ago that Johnson wasn't playing well. Nutt is one stupid man. How he's lasted this long is a testament to how naive, ignorant, content and/or blind those in charge of the athletic dept have become.

Hogs will lose this game by similar score of the USC game.

Did Nutt waste a scholie on Mortenson?

HogPsych

brooks74

I don't think you can judge that on Mortenson yet.  They guy has played in impossible situations, and hasn't been prepared.  He came out as a 3 star and was recruited by Georgia, LSU, Arizona State and NC State.  So, if we did, there were other teams that were willing to risk one too

HogInMemphis

Quote from: brooks74 on October 19, 2005, 02:11:37 pm
I don't think you can judge that on Mortenson yet.  They guy has played in impossible situations, and hasn't been prepared.  He came out as a 3 star and was recruited by Georgia, LSU, Arizona State and NC State.  So, if we did, there were other teams that were willing to risk one too

That's not a very bright response - "...if we did, ther were other teams that were willing to risk one too"

Those "other teams" can afford to waste a scholie but the Hogs can't, particularly on a QB. We don't have the luxury of taking a flyer on a QB...not with Nutt as HC and OC. He better be a sure thing..like Stoerner and Jones.

It's FUBAR on the hill and Mortenson is apparently just fuel for the fire. He'll never play much. Mort reminds me of an even worse Zac Clark when I've seen him in at QB.

brooks74

Stoerner was someone who we "took a chance on."  He was not highly recruited.  Jones was, but as an athlete, not a qb.  All schools have to take chances b/c not everyone is getting all 4 and 5 star recruits. 

Biggus Piggus

I don't think Nutt has the guts (or maybe stupidity) to start a true freshman for his first college PT ever at Georgia.
[CENSORED]!

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 19, 2005, 02:49:33 pm
I don't think Nutt has the guts (or maybe stupidity) to start a true freshman for his first college PT ever at Georgia.

Didn't RJ get his first college start (albeit as a sophomore) against Georgia last year? I might be wrong...

junkyardhog

hoggystyle78

Yeah, good call nutty, let's destroy this young man's confidence by throwing him to the wolves, all this is is another excuse in the making, "well you know Paul we're having to play a freshmen QB so there's going to be some setbacks". All bull just more excuses for a dumbsh*t who's in over his head! I guess the last 2 years and all of summer practice and the first 6 games wasn't enough time for the nutless wonder to figure out that ROJO wasn't our answer at QB!

brooks74

I don't think anyone will answer the question about Mortenson until he or any other hog QB gets in a game where we actually open up the offense.  There is no doubt that we have the running game to keep teams honest and stack the line, but until Nutt actually calls the plays we won't know.  We know that Johnson couldn't do it b/c he couldn't complete anything against Auburn, but don't jump on a kid's case and talk about how he's a flop until we see him in a situation where he at least has a chance to succeed

Oklahawg

God forbid that HDN (finally) concede publically what the rest of us have witnessed in great horror--something isn't working with the UA QB this year!! I shudder to think what happens around here if either (a) Dick plays sparingly, without much flash, and loses his redshirt; or (b) Dick ignites a fire in the offense and moves us into a minor bowl in late December. I realize that (A) is much more likely than (B) because there are other variables beyond just the QB.

I can fully see HDN accepting (A) in hopes that he gets (B).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Swino

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 19, 2005, 02:49:33 pm

I don't think Dick will start, but why is he getting the majority of the reps now??  Why did  Mort or Barthel  who has run the offense(snickers) not get those snaps?

CarolinaHog1176

I agree... how would he leapfrog mortensen and barthel when he's been redshirting all year?  it's a freakin' waste to burn his redshirt now when you've got 2 other relatively mysterious (meaning that we don't know much about them) QB's on the depth chart - why not give them a chance before pulling a redshirting FR off of the bench?  is mortensen or barthel not worthy of a chance?  if not, you need to pull their scholarships right now and send 'em packing
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

tophawg19

cole can make all the throws as can dick . mortensen doesn't have a d-1 arm and R.J doesn't appear to have d-1 control over his arm . to many throws to short or way over thrown for both .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Oklahawg

MJ didn't keep HDN from recruiting a QB. Far from it. In fact, HDN would have loved nothing more than to have a ready-to-go QB wander on campus and hand him the job so MJ could go to uber-everything--WR, TE, return man. He tried to hand the job to every other QB besides MJ but MJ ultimately won out.

Here's the problem with the QB recruiting since MJ was inked. HDN should have realized when MJ was saving the day his freshman year that MJ would be the guy...and recruit a guy each of the next two years to compliment MJ's skills. I think RJ is a reasonable fit in that description. Then, spend the next two years signing guys that will revert your offense back to a more balanced system. He did that, sort of, with Mortensen and Dick.

MJ's skills were obvious to any HS QB with anything less than a 5-star rating as a passer. That would be the only skill set capable of unseating MJ cleanly and neatly. MJ's passing deficiencies kept them from attracting enough complimentary players to give that 5-star QB recruit a reason to pause before filing HDN's letter in the trashcan. All of this assumes, of course, that once WRs and TEs and passing QBs hit campus HDN would know what to do with them and then utlize the skills they show in practice. A three-fold problem and we've not yet got past who didn't come to UA.

What didn't happen was a well-reasoned playbook that allowed RJ to be groomed as MJ's replacement in a similar system. We took out what made MJ great and added in stuff for a passer. Both have handicapped RJ. Somewhere along the line we failed to sign (a) RBs until 2005 and (b) WR/TE...unless Winston, Fish and Logan qualify with their iffy playing time. They signed...Monk. Does anyone really think HDN knew what he was getting in Monk? A bigtime WR who would be double-teamed every game from October 2004 on. No. HDN still doesn't get that Monk will be double-teamed every play until a secondary threat is found, or, at the least, we get creative with how Monk is deployed.

MJ supposedly went to HDN last year and offered to redshirt. Where would we be this year with MJ (with an extra year of learning to throw with some respectability), McFadden and Jones in the backfield?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Jim Harris

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 19, 2005, 04:56:52 pm
cole can make all the throws as can dick . mortensen doesn't have a d-1 arm and R.J doesn't appear to have d-1 control over his arm . to many throws to short or way over thrown for both .

Mortensen, against Monroe, didn't look like he could play in the Gulf South Conference. He had a chance for playing time and looked positively awful.
But Grit was ready to compare him with David Greene when he committed to UA.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hoggystyle78

Grit tries to make evryone of our commits sound like all world players when the truth of the matter is I'm tired of signing some guys, so called "projects" that no other team in the SEC would dare offer except for Kentucky, by the way I would say Vandy too but I won't even open that can of worms. Plenty of guys recruited by SMU, Ark. St. Slippery Rock etc. Sorry if I offended any of those teams fans because for all I know Slippery Rock would probably smoke Ark. a$$ this year! My how far we've fallen.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: D. West on October 19, 2005, 12:11:44 pm
Not only do I think he will not start, he may not play at all. I will almost be surprised if he plays.

hell, he might be in the WR rotation.... or could be getting reps as a DB.  does anybody think that he could develop into an SEC QB?  I know he hasn't had a lot of experience as of yet, but can we afford to give him next year or even the next 2 years to develop?  probably not with MM coming in.  he's athletic enough to play elsewhere so let's use his talents
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

toshortrock

take the redshirt off,give him a shot,what da hell,he can't do no worse
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

junkyardhog

Quote from: PAHog on October 19, 2005, 12:33:14 pm
I really don't believe that 18 sucks. I think he is a great QB talent that has not had anyone to bring him along. He has a great arm (which he is almost never allowed to display) and good speed. The major mistake with this guy is that he had barely seen the field while 9 was here. I blame his performance on the coaching staff. We had one of the best WRs in college football playing QB. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, I know. What's more frustrating is that he was the #7 run/pass QB in the nation coming out of HS and Nutt and/or his staff has ruined him. We also haven't had an O-line that has had to pass block the last 3 years. You put anyone other than a super-talent (like Jones) at QB under Nutt and they'll have the same struggles that Johnson is having now.

I think this qualifies for the post of the day.  This guy just nailed our QB problem and no one responded to it. I agree completely with this assessment.

OkieHog

Matt Jones Disguises himself as Alex Mortenson.Hogs win 42-35.Its known as the Miracle between the hedges!
FIRE STOOPS!!!!HIRE NUTT!!!!

jabohog

Quote from: junkyardhog on October 19, 2005, 07:58:59 pm
Quote from: PAHog on October 19, 2005, 12:33:14 pm
I really don't believe that 18 sucks. I think he is a great QB talent that has not had anyone to bring him along. He has a great arm (which he is almost never allowed to display) and good speed. The major mistake with this guy is that he had barely seen the field while 9 was here. I blame his performance on the coaching staff. We had one of the best WRs in college football playing QB. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, I know. What's more frustrating is that he was the #7 run/pass QB in the nation coming out of HS and Nutt and/or his staff has ruined him. We also haven't had an O-line that has had to pass block the last 3 years. You put anyone other than a super-talent (like Jones) at QB under Nutt and they'll have the same struggles that Johnson is having now.

I think this qualifies for the post of the day.  This guy just nailed our QB problem and no one responded to it. I agree completely with this assessment.
I think it is a pretty good assessment also.

Razorback0918

Is casey dick gonna start this saturday? If he is, how stupid could Nutt be to let an inexpereinced QB to start on the road against the best team in the SEC. By the way cabot Hog, that Donald Trump thingy is hilarious

mikeirwin

October 19, 2005, 09:53:17 pm #75 Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 09:59:04 pm by mikeirwin
Nutt has plenty of problems but some of you guys would blame him if a meteor hit Fayetteville tomorrow.
I blame him for not realizing that Robert Johnson doesn't handle pressure well. It was obvious last year that he had a problem with it. Why not go out and recruit a juco QB last year? He bet the farm that RJ would magically get a lot better this year. He didn't and the result is another losing season.
Some of you would have the rest of us believe that RJ is really a very good player but Nutt has made him bad.
I'm not buying it.
Nutt didn't make RJ bounce a five yard pass at Hillis' feet the other night. He didn't make the ball mysteriously fall out of his hand in the shadow of Auburn's goal line. When it comes to quarterbacking a football team some guys have it and some don't. I'm not saying that Johnson might not suddenly snap out of this funk. I've seen it happen before with other players. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

bigred7987

IF Johnson isn't the guy then I want Dick out there...We know Mortensen doesn't have it, and Cole Barthel would still be out there calling baseball signals

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Thehammer on October 19, 2005, 03:44:57 pm
Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 19, 2005, 01:51:30 pm
Casey won't do dick against GA in Athens. What a terrible thing to do to a young man. Nutt should be ashamed for putting the team in this situation. He could see more than one game ago that Johnson wasn't playing well. Nutt is one stupid man. How he's lasted this long is a testament to how naive, ignorant, content and/or blind those in charge of the athletic dept have become.

Hogs will lose this game by similar score of the USC game.

Did Nutt waste a scholie on Mortenson?

Agree with you HiM.  Nutt's going to screw around and destroy this kid's confidence.   I'm still waiting on someone to answer your last question.  I've asked that same question over and over and cannot get a response. 

Is Mortenson really that bad?  If so,  isn't that an indictment against Nutt for recruiting him in the first place? 
On some players, I believe Nutt recruits by example. That is, he follows the example of other teams. If Ga and Tenn are recruiting Mortenson, then by God Nutt will too, even if he doesn't know jack about the player. Does he ever stop and think that maybe these other programs are decoying Nutt and others like him? Causing Nutt to spend time on a nobody while they go after the real talent? Nutt is just stupid enough to fall for that, especailly when he had a 25 yr old guy in charge of coordinating recruiting.

arkhogball

Why not?  We need someone who can accurately throw the ball 10 yards down field or more.  Even if Casey doesn't play this year, he will be second for all of his elgible career unless MM gets injured or goes pro early. 

I'm ready for some staff changes myself, but I'm not going to root against something that could help us win just to put more pressure on the coach.  I want us to finish on a five game winning streak (not very likely); however, we need some coaches on the hill that don't have to rely on a late season run to get us to a low teir bowl game.

mikeirwin

Lets' get real about this. In the six games Arkansas has played name me an opposing QB who did not have a better game than RJ.

razorback4life

I did get to see Casey in more than a couple of practices and the first thing I noticed was that he was the best QB we had up there, no doubt in my mind about it.  He just looked like an SEC QB.  Other than making a couple of mistakes he did a good job of checking off of his 1st receiver and finding another.  He also has a very strong arm and threw the deep ball with touch.  I think it will be safe to say that if Casey or Mort does start, Nutt knows he is in trouble.

mikeirwin

Have you really looked at the stuff they're asking RJ to do ? It's introductory football 101.
Do you think Casey Dick can throw a 5 yard pass to Peyton Hillis ?
Do you think he can pump fake without dropping the ball ?
Do you think he can throw the ball toward the endzone when there is time for one more play in the half ?
Do you think he can avoid running out of bounds if he's trying to burn time off the clock ?
I got news for you guys. Arkansas doesn't run a spread offense. It's real basic. All Casey Dick has to do is complete a few short passes and hand the ball off to Darren McFadden.

radar

Do these guys really practice behind the tarps, or just go in there and hide for a couple of hours? All this practice time and these D1 coaches can't tell if their QB can make the simple pass, something is very wrong in hooterville. Its like they don't know anything until they see it in a game.

razor22

October 19, 2005, 11:49:30 pm #83 Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 11:51:50 pm by razor22
Quote from: mikeirwin on October 19, 2005, 11:20:15 pm
Have you really looked at the stuff they're asking RJ to do ? It's introductory football 101.
Do you think he can throw the ball toward the endzone when there is time for one more play in the half ?
Do you think he can avoid running out of bounds if he's trying to burn time off the clock ?
I got news for you guys. Arkansas doesn't run a spread offense. It's real basic. All Casey Dick has to do is complete a few short passes and hand the ball off to Darren McFadden.

This is why I've always been confused by Nutt statements like "[Insert QB name] just needs more time to learn the offense."  Hell, give me a copy of the playbook, a backyard, and a week, and I'll have all seven pages memorized.

;D

riccoar

I think Johnson has worn out his status as starter.  Listening to the game when he threw out of his end zone and the fact he just threw it up for grabs,  I said to myself that will probably do him in.  Thats almost QB 101.  That was a definite killer.

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 19, 2005, 11:10:19 pm
Lets' get real about this. In the six games Arkansas has played name me an opposing QB who did not have a better game than RJ.

Well, let's see...there was...hrmm, wait, nevermind.

Oh yeah, that one guy...nope nevermind.

Ahhh! How about...ok you got me!  :'(

jblack19

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 19, 2005, 09:53:17 pm
Nutt has plenty of problems but some of you guys would blame him if a meteor hit Fayetteville tomorrow.
I blame him for not realizing that Robert Johnson doesn't handle pressure well. It was obvious last year that he had a problem with it. Why not go out and recruit a juco QB last year? He bet the farm that RJ would magically get a lot better this year. He didn't and the result is another losing season.
Some of you would have the rest of us believe that RJ is really a very good player but Nutt has made him bad.
I'm not buying it.
Nutt didn't make RJ bounce a five yard pass at Hillis' feet the other night. He didn't make the ball mysteriously fall out of his hand in the shadow of Auburn's goal line. When it comes to quarterbacking a football team some guys have it and some don't. I'm not saying that Johnson might not suddenly snap out of this funk. I've seen it happen before with other players. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
Good post. I totally agree. I just hope whomever QB's on Sat can handle the pressure.

chiefsfan

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 19, 2005, 12:14:12 pm
Quote from: D. West on October 19, 2005, 12:11:44 pm
Johnson has gotten the least amount of reps this week so far, and he's already struggling.
Not only do I think he will not start, he may not play at all. I will almost be surprised if he plays. They are down on him pretty badly.
I talked with Robert this morning and he's still in very good spirits, wearing the same ole' smile.

Good to hear Robert is not down.  He seems to be a really fine young man.  Just having some real struggles on the field.

Someone pointed out the other day when talking about Rhett Bomar, that Vince Young really struggled his first season, and look at him now.

Did you just compare RJ to VY.   Or even RJ to Rhett Bomar
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

razorback4life

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 19, 2005, 11:10:19 pm

Is that a fair question though Mike?  Our defense has a way of making everyones QB look good.  I know that they are making Casey look good.  I say that half jokingly.

brooks74

On some players, I believe Nutt recruits by example. That is, he follows the example of other teams. If Ga and Tenn are recruiting Mortenson, then by God Nutt will too, even if he doesn't know jack about the player. Does he ever stop and think that maybe these other programs are decoying Nutt and others like him? Causing Nutt to spend time on a nobody while they go after the real talent? Nutt is just stupid enough to fall for that, especailly when he had a 25 yr old guy in charge of coordinating recruiting.

Do you really think any coach would start recruiting a player just because another school is.  Come on!! This type of thing is why message boards get bad reps.  Whatever you think of Nutt, when you start throwing around things like this you lose all credibility!

Boarcephus

The one thing I can't understand is why is this "Playcalling Person" such a sacred cow?  I get the impression his whole football approach is one grand experiment.   He moves Brown to defense, Bledsoe and Harrell to offense, opens practices up to the public and closes practice to the public,  freshmen get chances to show what they can do, coaches change duties, puts a young guy in charge of recruiting, changes qb's in the middle of the season, and so on.  But, he absolutely refuses to entertain the thoughts of letting someone else call the plays.   He tinkers with every single aspect of the game but this one.  Why is this?   
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

jabohog

Some of you would have the rest of us believe that RJ is really a very good player but Nutt has made him bad.
I'm not buying it.
I was one that thought RJ would be a good QB this year. I agree that he doesn't handle pressure well and never has. I don't think a JUCO would do any better. Nutt doesn't have much luck with JUCOs, and RJ has been in the system 3 years, I don't think a JUCO would pick it up in the short time here. The pressure Johnson isn't handling is the pressure the coaches are putting on him to not be like Jones. All spring Wittke and Nutt talked about getting rid of the ball quickly, find the open receiver and get rid of it. Well he is doing that, and that isn't Johnson's style. He's a dual threat and he should be allowed to move around like Jones did, run if necessary. The QB position isn't a fun position right now and Johnson doesn't have that "what me worry" attitude like Jones. His butt is drawn up so tight because he is afraid of making a mistake, that's why the passes are hitting the ground at the receivers feet. If he could just say screw it and go play, he'd make better judgements.  He is mirroring his coaches demeanor. Some of this pressure could be taken off, but it's panic time for the coaches and all they are thinking about is saving their jobs.
You are probably right Mike. You been doing this and have seen it all. I don't think RJ is another Campbell, but he has done better and I think he could again under different circumstances.

pigfoot

In this morning's Atlanta (Ga.) Constitution, Georgia coach Mark Richt says that the Dogs have been practicing to face two Razorback quarterbacks -- Johnson and Mortensen.  That wiley devil HDN plans to surprise him with the scout team QB.  Is that a genius move, or isn't it !!
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

jkstock04

I'm not buying it.
I dont think he's a great quarterback...but I do think he's at least average and he's got a good arm.  IF he had a quality coaching staff I would bet the farm that he would be a hell of a lot better.  Cmon, how is the guy supposed to have ANY confidence in himself when his head coach obviously doesn't have any confidence in him??  Let Malzahn show him how to quarterback and I guarantee you he'd be a different quarterback....
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jforte

Johnson will start but may only play two or three series...then we will see a change at quarterback...I wouldn't be surprised to see Casey Dick step in.

Tomhog™

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 19, 2005, 11:20:15 pm

Some people seeing all the QB's in action from the beginning have said the Casey Dick was the best of the 4.  He certainly can't do much worse the RoJo.  I would also love to see Cole Barthel in a game situation.  HDN needs to find someone that can move the ball effectively other than handing off to McFadden or Jones.  If that's all we can do, we should put a good blocker in at QB and just hand off every play and block for the backfield...

clew

when we called time out with 3rd and 20 from our own 10, I told the guy next to me that the next play better be stupendous for wasting that time out when (at the time) I thought it could be critical for our chances to win.  I guess it was pretty stupendous.  Stupendously stupid.  you just DO NOT make that throw.  Throw the ball away and punt for crying out loud.

Pure as the dawn

CrashHog

I think it will be Alex...I'm not expecting a lot of throws, but just enough to build confidence for the next three games.  Tailback U should be on full display Saturday keep the clock running.

Razorback Jedi

All 4 QB's could start the game against Georgia, and it wouldn't make a difference.

The QB can only run the plays the coach sends in. Changing the QB is not going to equate 30-40 yard pass plays right off the bat.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: pigfoot on October 20, 2005, 07:48:28 am
In this morning's Atlanta (Ga.) Constitution, Georgia coach Mark Richt says that the Dogs have been practicing to face two Razorback quarterbacks -- Johnson and Mortensen.  That wiley devil HDN plans to surprise him with the scout team QB.  Is that a genius move, or isn't it !!

Which means the GA team went to see a movie. Since the Hogs are going to use a new QB or try to use 2 QB's, GA figures it will be so easy to beat the Hogs, there is no need to practice. Thus, they are just relaxing.