Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Money Money Money is the reason HDn will not be fired

Started by hogsanity, October 20, 2005, 12:10:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

No, not because we do not have the means to buy him out, but because there is no need to.

Season ticket sales were good this year and with next years sched they will be even better.

We get a huge check from the SEC every year.

THe FB program is making good profit, so why do anything?  Now I am not saying do not do anything, but from a PURELY business thought, there is no need to do anyting this off season. 

They can wait one more year, then if things do not turn around DRAMTICALLY next season, can HDN and bring in some one to energize things.  MM would be a soph in the new guys first year, but the overall team would have tons of experience. 

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Tomhog™

SO you are saying that the UA is complacent with bringing home a paycheck from the SEC, but not wanting to do what it takes to exceed mediocrity?  Boy, is that a sad state.  No longer is the UA worried about winning, but about making money.  *sigh*

MJ2

Hogsanity is sane afterall.   I agree, as long as tickets are sold, HDN will have decent security.

hogsanity

Quote from: MJ2 on October 20, 2005, 12:31:27 pm
Hogsanity is sane afterall. I agree, as long as tickets are sold, HDN will have decent security.

No, I am still quite crazy.  And he has one more season to win, at the most. 

Quote from: Tomcat on October 20, 2005, 12:27:05 pm
SO you are saying that the UA is complacent with bringing home a paycheck from the SEC, but not wanting to do what it takes to exceed mediocrity? Boy, is that a sad state. No longer is the UA worried about winning, but about making money. *sigh*

Not at all, but changing coaches right now would do little for the program in the short term.  Long term it very well might, but that can still be accopmplished after next season.

I do not thin they are accepting of mediocrity, but mediocrity is no longer measured simply by wins and losses.  It is about 50/50 along with red and black ink.  Right now we are short on wins, but the ink is black.  I guess I am saying there is no longer the urgency to win right now, and I do not think that is limited to just this program either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Turnberry

Quote from: hogsanity on October 20, 2005, 12:10:13 pm
No, not because we do not have the means to buy him out, but because there is no need to.

Season ticket sales were good this year and with next years sched they will be even better.

THe FB program is making good profit, so why do anything? Now I am not saying do not do anything, but from a PURELY business thought, there is no need to do anyting this off season.

They can wait one more year, then if things do not turn around DRAMTICALLY next season, can HDN and bring in some one to energize things. MM would be a soph in the new guys first year, but the overall team would have tons of experience.

You have a day trader's mentality.......You have to think about the program in the long run.  Where will the program be 3 yrs from now, 5 yrs fron now, if Nutt is brought back next year?   It will be worse.  Just wait until you see the ramifications of this dreadful season on the 2006 recruiting class.  It's going to be very sad.

Look at what Syracuse did with Paul Pasqualoni.  That program is at the bottom of the barrel now and they won't be recovering anytime soon. 

aka PlanoHog

TulsaHawg

SO you are saying that the UA is complacent with bringing home a paycheck from the SEC, but not wanting to do what it takes to exceed mediocrity? Boy, is that a sad state. No longer is the UA worried about winning, but about making money. *sigh*

Read what he said Tom.  He said "from a purely business standpoint", it makes sense to go another year.

There will likely be plenty of season tix sold next season with Southern Cal, Bama, and Tennessee coming to the Hill.  If people don't renew, I may get to move up to better seats!!! "See how things work out for me?" (from Jerry Seinfeld) 8)

hogsanity

Quote from: Turnberry on October 20, 2005, 12:51:28 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on October 20, 2005, 12:10:13 pm

THe FB program is making good profit, so why do anything? Now I am not saying do not do anything, but from a PURELY business thought, there is no need to do anyting this off season.

They can wait one more year, then if things do not turn around DRAMTICALLY next season, can HDN and bring in some one to energize things. MM would be a soph in the new guys first year, but the overall team would have tons of experience.

You have a day trader's mentality.......You have to think about the program in the long run. Where will the program be 3 yrs from now, 5 yrs fron now, if Nutt is brought back next year? It will be worse. Just wait until you see the ramifications of this dreadful season on the 2006 recruiting class. It's going to be very sad.

Look at what Syracuse did with Paul Pasqualoni. That program is at the bottom of the barrel now and they won't be recovering anytime soon.

Did I say I AGREED with that thinking?  That is just what I think is going on up there.  Until SOMEONE figures out how to get quality DL players to come here, no one is going to win a whole lot of games, the SEC is too tough to get by without the run stopper type of D tackles that we never have, and ,with few exceptions, have not had for 25 years.

HawgWyld

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 20, 2005, 12:53:17 pm

Read what he said Tom.  He said "from a purely business standpoint", it makes sense to go another year.

There will likely be plenty of season tix sold next season with Southern Cal, Bama, and Tennessee coming to the Hill.  If people don't renew, I may get to move up to better seats!!! "See how things work out for me?" (from Jerry Seinfeld) 8)

So, the team might suck, but at least you'll have better seats?  :puke:

Boner

Man, think of how many season ticket holders we'd lose if Butch davis was hired. ::)

PigMan

No surprise.  As we have been saying for weeks and weeks it is about the money.  We are not on the same agenda as they are.

HawgWyld

Quote from: PigMan on October 20, 2005, 01:04:11 pm
No surprise.  As we have been saying for weeks and weeks it is about the money.  We are not on the same agenda as they are.

So, this is what it's like to be a Cubs fan, huh? Where the "social event" of going to a game and sitting in a nice stadium is more important than whether the team is any good or not.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 20, 2005, 12:59:05 pm

Read what he said Tom. He said "from a purely business standpoint", it makes sense to go another year.

There will likely be plenty of season tix sold next season with Southern Cal, Bama, and Tennessee coming to the Hill. If people don't renew, I may get to move up to better seats!!! "See how things work out for me?" (from Jerry Seinfeld) 8)

So, the team might suck, but at least you'll have better seats? :puke:

I don't think the team will "suck".  In fact, there was nothing in my post referring to the team.

I said (now pay close attention), that I think a lot of season tickets will be sold next year, if for no other reason, because of the home schedule on the Hill next year.  I went on to say that even if several people choose to not renew next year, a positive effect for me would be that my seats would possibly improve.

Now see, there's nothing about the team "sucking" or not "sucking" there.

hogsanity

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 20, 2005, 01:05:46 pm
No surprise. As we have been saying for weeks and weeks it is about the money. We are not on the same agenda as they are.

So, this is what it's like to be a Cubs fan, huh? Where the "social event" of going to a game and sitting in a nice stadium is more important than whether the team is any good or not.

You are confusing the 2 very different views of the program.

1. Administration - "mediocrity" means flat or fallinf revenues

2.  Fans - "mediocrity" means 3rd rate bowls or no bowls at all. 

College Fb has become a "social" event for many reasons.  The main one, I am sad to say appears to be a reason to get together and get drunk.  The nice stadium just goes with the "keeping up with the Jones's" mentality most people and organizations have. 

I do not think the fans are accepting of mediocrity, but they also do not appear to try to see things from the admins side either.   

HawgWyld

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 20, 2005, 01:10:45 pm
Quote from: HawgWyld on October 20, 2005, 12:59:05 pm

Read what he said Tom. He said "from a purely business standpoint", it makes sense to go another year.

There will likely be plenty of season tix sold next season with Southern Cal, Bama, and Tennessee coming to the Hill. If people don't renew, I may get to move up to better seats!!! "See how things work out for me?" (from Jerry Seinfeld) 8)

So, the team might suck, but at least you'll have better seats? :puke:

I don't think the team will "suck". In fact, there was nothing in my post referring to the team.

I said (now pay close attention), that I think a lot of season tickets will be sold next year, if for no other reason, because of the home schedule on the Hill next year. I went on to say that even if several people choose to not renew next year, a positive effect for me would be that my seats would possibly improve.

Now see, there's nothing about the team "sucking" or not "sucking" there.

Perhaps not. However, under your logic, the worse the team is, the better off you'll be as a season ticket holder because fewer people will renew. Should the Razorbacks go through another couple of rotten seasons, you might have the best seats in the house. Good for you.

HawgWyld

Quote from: hogsanity on October 20, 2005, 01:11:18 pm
Quote from: HawgWyld on October 20, 2005, 01:05:46 pm
No surprise. As we have been saying for weeks and weeks it is about the money. We are not on the same agenda as they are.

You are confusing the 2 very different views of the program.

1. Administration - "mediocrity" means flat or fallinf revenues

2. Fans - "mediocrity" means 3rd rate bowls or no bowls at all.

College Fb has become a "social" event for many reasons. The main one, I am sad to say appears to be a reason to get together and get drunk. The nice stadium just goes with the "keeping up with the Jones's" mentality most people and organizations have.

I do not think the fans are accepting of mediocrity, but they also do not appear to try to see things from the admins side either.

Doesn't it stand to reason that a few more poor seasons will lead to a fall-off in revenue? That's the alarming part of the whole thing, isn't it? Without substantial football and basketball revenue, the Athletic Department would be up a creek.

Tomhog™

I read that, thank you.  I was trying to get his take as to whether that was his opinion or if that is what he truly believes the mentality is up on the Hill.