Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we setting ourselves up for dissapointment?

Started by ejay286, October 19, 2005, 10:18:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ejay286

Mitch Mustain is a great football player and probably a great person. I know alot of people are expecting him to come in right away and throw for 200 and even 300 yards per game next year.  But considering that he plays quarterback, the hardest position to make a transition from college to high school in, does anybody else think that he may not dominate SEC defenses his freshmen year?  I would be elated if he did but i find it very improbable.

e_dub

I have no doubt that he will struggle his first year.  That's expected.  I hope we have the necessary personnel in place that can develop him for the remainder of this career, though.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: ejay286 on October 19, 2005, 10:18:08 pm
Mitch Mustain is a great football player and probably a great person. I know alot of people are expecting him to come in right away and throw for 200 and even 300 yards per game next year. But considering that he plays quarterback, the hardest position to make a transition from college to high school in, does anybody else think that he may not dominate SEC defenses his freshmen year? I would be elated if he did but i find it very improbable.
I was thinking of more  like 400 or 500 a game.

mikeirwin

Don't assume that Mitch will have to start next year.
Casey Dick has been looking good in practice this week.
Plus, next year's QB coach has a reputation of improving the guys he coaches.  ;)

arkhogball

Names that come to mind are 

1.  Eric  Zier

2.  David Green

Look at their freshman stats.  It can be done in the SEC.  I'm not saying it will happen, but he is an awesome talent and Gus will be an awesome OC.

Turnberry

Quote from: arkhogball on October 19, 2005, 10:53:49 pm
Names that come to mind are

1. Eric Zier

2. David Green

Look at their freshman stats. It can be done in the SEC. I'm not saying it will happen, but he is an awesome talent and Gus will be an awesome OC.

- Zeier threw for under 2000 yds and had 7 td's his freshman year
- D. Greene had a load of talent to work with his freshman year.  Mustain will have talented TB's, but very little else.  It will be a struggle next year if he starts.  He'll still be more productive then RJ.
aka PlanoHog