Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the low down and dirty...5-6 at best....let's hear it!!

Started by Cntxhogs88, October 19, 2005, 08:18:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cntxhogs88

October 19, 2005, 08:18:08 pm Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 03:37:59 pm by Cntxhogs88
Let's face it...

we are only gonna win a couple more games...

even if we string together the So.Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss St wins...that is only 5-6....

I love all the optimistic fans out there - and good for you, we need that - however..
we started complaining when HDN couldn't win bowl games, now he cannot
win enough games to qualify for a bowl...

I really am getting frustrated with how people think Mitch Mustain is the second
coming of Jesus Christ in a football uniform...people need to remember that
Arkansas will not be running the Spread (unless HDN hires Malzahn...yeah right?) - can you say EGO?
HDN's ego that is...he is a cocky man - who believes he is an offensive genious...he
really thinks that is innovative and a good play-caller...HDN has not had anyone
evaluate his offense from the outside...he needs to evaluate his tendencies, and
make some changes in philosphy, not personnel.

This recruiting class most likely will not be in the National Top 25 - according to National
Outlets... Otis Kirk has inflated recruits for over a decade - and probably has meth
addicts covering recruits for him...we have had more busts at Arkansas than Pamela Anderson.

Living in SoCal - it is hard being a HogAlum - the USC game really lit some fires under
a lot of fans....HDN seems to think that it was okay that it happened.

We are moving in the wrong direction.

The idea of give him some more time, and he will fix it - that is fine.  But what happens when
we only go to 3 bowl games in the next 7 years...don't win the SEC, or the West (outright,no ties)
and settle for mediocre, non-New Year's Day Bowl games...will that satisfy everyone??

That would mean over 15 years of football with no sniff of an SEC Championship - where is this high
level of football??

Championships are the measure for success..that is why David Cutcliffe was fired at Ole Miss, among other
coaches..you must compete and win championships...how many SEC Championships have we won..
My point exacty...are we any closer to winning a championship than when HDN took over in 1998?
NO, we are probably farther from the title than we were....in a stagnant holding pattern.

pioneerhog

DAMN, very good first post. If the rest are like this one then I will always look forward to reading your posts. I fully agree with you on all aspects of this. Welcome to the board.

Cntxhogs88

Thanks fellas - it is hard following the hogs from out here, but let me
tell you...I watched the USC game in person, and the Alabama game
on ESPN GamePlan, and will watch the next game against UGA
on ESPN GamePlan....I don't expect much from UGA - just
hope that it's not 3rd and 12 from the Georgia 32 - and call
a stupid draw.....

Take care - good night.