Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I can't think of anything worse

Started by Boner, October 19, 2005, 05:02:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boner

Than Nutt surviving this season and coming back next year and "improving" to 6-5 with a crappy bowl bid.  Everyone will think we're turning the corner, but instead we'll wallow around in 5, 6, 7, maybe 8 win territory unable to fire him.

Then we'll wake up one day and Mitch Mustain will have graduated with about 25 wins under his belt.

That's why he has to be canned this year.  If a 5-6 season followed by a 2,3, or 4 win season doesn't do it, nothing will.  We'll be stuck averaging 6 wins a season for forever.

That is my worst fear when it comes to this program.

clemensrules01

my worst fear is that hillis, mcfadden, jones, and monk transfer. mustain decommits. and broyles gives nutt an extension. oh and gas prices go even higher.

Turnberry

I had the same fears at the end of 2001.

What's happened since then?

2002  4-4 in the SEC, 9 wins inflated by a cream puff non conference schedule,  & an embarrasing loss to Minnesota
2003  4-4 in the SEC, a nice victory at UT, another embarrasing blowout loss to LSU, a victory in the toilet bowl
2004  3-5 in the SEC, 5-6,  Pathetic
2005  Probably a 4 win season, 5 wins at best.  Our program is considered a joke nationally.  We've reached new lows

aka PlanoHog