Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Players continue to get hurt what the problem

Started by thundergraham15, October 19, 2005, 09:56:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thundergraham15

October 19, 2005, 09:56:29 am Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 10:07:14 am by wiseoldhog
Evey week we lose two or three players to injury what the problem are they working to hard are they hitting wrong or they just don`t know how to prevent from getting  themselves hurt because it is a certain way you play and a certain way you can hit a player.

1 The main thing is leaning how to tackle a player
2 Wrap up
3 Use pads and body stenght
4 don`t hit a player heads up
5 square up

Maybe these guys need to do like I did my youth team get into a bull ring at practice because they don`t know how to wrap up give me some feed back if you think these things will help.

RazorWire

I'm beginning to think our conditioning probram is lacking.

hogmary

I don't think our players are well-conditioned.  In the first two games of the season, I noticed they got tired way too early and the other teams didn't seem tired at all.   Of course, anyone would have been tired in the second half of the Auburn game if they'd been on the field as long as our defense.  I have always heard that players are more likely to get hurt if they have a bad attitude or if they are not playing full speed.  Both seem to be consistent problems under Nutt.  The conditioning I blame on Decker and Nutt for keeping him around.

hoggystyle78

Instead of conditioning nutty let's his boys eat watermelon and swim, I bet they have weenie roasts and all set around the fire singing cumbaya!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on October 19, 2005, 05:11:04 pm
Instead of conditioning nutty let's his boys eat watermelon and swim, I bet they have weenie roasts and all set around the fire singing cumbaya!

Do you have a link about the watermelon and swimming? Haven't heard about the "weenie roasts" and campfire singing either.  You must really have some good inside sources.

clemensrules01

he might be a little off on his facts.  They eat smores around the fire, not weenie roasts. sorry for the confusion.

dirty stanchez

Don Decker is the worst weight training coach in college football.