Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

huggers last stand part two

Started by kremlinhog, October 18, 2005, 09:21:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kremlinhog

last week it was apparent that the huggers were counting on just one big win against auburn to save nutt. just one win in their minds would make up for a couple of really bad years. i dont see much of that this week. seems like last week must have ended it for alot of them. not much support this week that i have seen.

ThisTeetsTaken

They're getting pretty scarce these days aren't they.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

JJHog

Quote from: kremlinhog on October 18, 2005, 09:21:47 pm
last week it was apparent that the huggers were counting on just one big win against auburn to save nutt. just one win in their minds would make up for a couple of really bad years. i dont see much of that this week. seems like last week must have ended it for alot of them. not much support this week that i have seen.

I hate that term "nutthugger", you support your coach and you get that.

There's no point in using it any longer cause there aren't many supporters left here.
" Think Right, Do Right"

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: JJHog on October 18, 2005, 09:29:10 pm

There's no point in using it any longer cause there aren't many supporters left here.

There's a good reason why you won't find many either.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

PIGG

I'm a hugger, I suppose.  Anything can happen, it's the SEC.  We could upset Georgia or LSU and still make a bowl.  Will it happen?  Well no, I won't bet my scrotum on it, but who knows.  If we don't make a bowl, will I change my mind about Nutt?  Heck no.
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: PIGG on October 18, 2005, 09:35:32 pm
I'm a hugger, I suppose. Anything can happen, it's the SEC. We could upset Georgia or LSU and still make a bowl. Will it happen? Well no, I won't bet my scrotum on it, but who knows. If we don't make a bowl, will I change my mind about Nutt? Heck no.

Just sip the kool aid slowly...

Bacon out...

PIGG

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on October 18, 2005, 09:38:14 pm
I'm a hugger, I suppose. Anything can happen, it's the SEC. We could upset Georgia or LSU and still make a bowl. Will it happen? Well no, I won't bet my scrotum on it, but who knows. If we don't make a bowl, will I change my mind about Nutt? Heck no.

Just sip the kool aid slowly...

Bacon out...

You think I said that on kool-aid?  Try stronger.
- Peter Griffin

lumphog

PIGG

- Peter Griffin

JD Hogg

I think a better term is "nuttsucker" because they've been "suckered" by nutt and his used car salesman act.

whatsshakinbacon

It's all in how you prepare the Paoti...

Bacon out...

lumphog

Since 1894

I am still here and still posting!!

In January 2004, he said two years and I gave him those two years then and I still am today.  Yes this year is ugly and our schedule is brutal (we are rebuilding and have / will play at least 4 teams that have / will be ranked (at some point in the season) in the top ten.  Do I think some changes need to be made within the staff, yes. 

If we are at the same place next season as we are this season,  then I will switch sides!
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

jblack19

Quote from: Since 1894 on October 18, 2005, 10:27:01 pm

In January 2004, he said two years and I gave him those two years then and I still am today.  Yes this year is ugly and our schedule is brutal (we are rebuilding and have / will play at least 4 teams that have / will be ranked (at some point in the season) in the top ten.  Do I think some changes need to be made within the staff, yes. 

If we are at the same place next season as we are this season,  then I will switch sides!
I have discovered it dosent matter what you say. Dosent matter what facts you show. This isnt a site to support the program, its a hater site. However, we need major staff changes. With an OC with 100% play calling control is a must. We need a decent QB as well. I still remain a Hog program supporter and will always be.

CorningHog

I defended Houston and was mostly on his side until this year after the Vanderbilt game.  I expected a fierce beating by USC and expected tough games against Alabama and most of the SEC but with the offensive talent he has, even with the QB situation, he should be able to win against Vandy, Auburn and everyone else except Georgia and LSU.  That would be a 7-4 season with a new QB and that would be decent. 

Houston squandered the Vandy game while playing politics with his senior RB.  This whole mess could have been avoided there with the right personnel.  It was evident to most anyone who watched any practices during the preseason.

Add in the continued mystery of a passing attack that has alluded Houston for mostly 5 to 6 years although there was somewhat a semblance of one with Stoerner and Lucas & Co.

There seems to be very poor decision making from the Top down as our coaches continue to show poor teaching in certain habits along the offensive side.  Defensively we are working with a short stick and that was expected.

Why for the life of me I can't figure out why Houston continues to allow his brother and Markuson influence his playcalls.  It is sad to think that on one hand he wants to call the plays and be his own OC and then on the other he allows a vote by committee to determine in critical times what plays to call.  We seem to see these crisis type decisions always back fire against us either during a timeout or just a rush to do a straight dive or up the middle call.  Or a pass to the flat or a running back screen.

All in all, this year allowed the fans to see just how much of a weakness there is and always has been with Houston in developing a QB to be ready to produce some type of offensive scheme.  Some say Houston has players that can't run his offense.  I say Houston has an offense that is so fragmented and unstructured in its pieces that there is no fluid or consistent manner for the players to grasp it and understand the focal point.  I think the time has come for all of us that have defended Houston and want him to succeed to finally concede to the masses that he is surely overwhelmed by the teams and coaches of the SEC.

Houston would need to have superior talent at all 11 positions on offense with strength, size, speed and all to use his play calls to win with his style of blended passes and runs.  The problem is that no team in the SEC has all 11 positions better game in and game out in this league.  You have to create mismatches, turn tendencies and mental breakdowns into big gains at times, attack the defense and hit their weaknesses and find a way to confuse certain players on that defense into allowing someone to run free in the passing game.  All these things are strengths to a Gus Malzahn.  I sure hope he gets to show his stuff at the University of Arkansas next year and I also said this back a few years back to a friend and he laughed.  Now it doesn't seem so farfetched.

GO HOGS!

Whatever happens in the future with Coach Nutt, I think it is safe to say that most of the Hog fans wish him the best and hold no animosity towards him or his family and even the assistant coaches.  It is just when things continue to be bad and the same weaknesses continue to be shown, in a business like college sports, change is always imminent.  Nothing personal, just business and the hope is that the families aren't hurt and that success happens for all of the ones displaced.

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

dirty stanchez

This site wasn't a hater site until this season when the program got flushed down the toilet.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: dirty stanchez on October 18, 2005, 11:16:33 pm
This site wasn't a hater site until this season when the program got flushed down the toilet.

Dirty - I think it was about 50/50 before the Vandy game.  But everyone was pretty cordial about it.  I think it turned about 75 against and stands closer to 85 against now.  But stuff like that changes.  An old "should we fire Stan Heath" thread was retreaded today and yesterday, and it's pretty obvious the Heathhaters have calmed down a bit since the end of the season when it was started.

It all comes and goes.

Bacon out...

e_dub

Quote from: CorningHog on October 18, 2005, 11:16:02 pm
I defended Houston and was mostly on his side until this year after the Vanderbilt game. I expected a fierce beating by USC and expected tough games against Alabama and most of the SEC but with the offensive talent he has, even with the QB situation, he should be able to win against Vandy, Auburn and everyone else except Georgia and LSU. That would be a 7-4 season with a new QB and that would be decent.

Houston squandered the Vandy game while playing politics with his senior RB. This whole mess could have been avoided there with the right personnel. It was evident to most anyone who watched any practices during the preseason.

Add in the continued mystery of a passing attack that has alluded Houston for mostly 5 to 6 years although there was somewhat a semblance of one with Stoerner and Lucas & Co.

There seems to be very poor decision making from the Top down as our coaches continue to show poor teaching in certain habits along the offensive side. Defensively we are working with a short stick and that was expected.

Why for the life of me I can't figure out why Houston continues to allow his brother and Markuson influence his playcalls. It is sad to think that on one hand he wants to call the plays and be his own OC and then on the other he allows a vote by committee to determine in critical times what plays to call. We seem to see these crisis type decisions always back fire against us either during a timeout or just a rush to do a straight dive or up the middle call. Or a pass to the flat or a running back screen.

All in all, this year allowed the fans to see just how much of a weakness there is and always has been with Houston in developing a QB to be ready to produce some type of offensive scheme. Some say Houston has players that can't run his offense. I say Houston has an offense that is so fragmented and unstructured in its pieces that there is no fluid or consistent manner for the players to grasp it and understand the focal point. I think the time has come for all of us that have defended Houston and want him to succeed to finally concede to the masses that he is surely overwhelmed by the teams and coaches of the SEC.

Houston would need to have superior talent at all 11 positions on offense with strength, size, speed and all to use his play calls to win with his style of blended passes and runs. The problem is that no team in the SEC has all 11 positions better game in and game out in this league. You have to create mismatches, turn tendencies and mental breakdowns into big gains at times, attack the defense and hit their weaknesses and find a way to confuse certain players on that defense into allowing someone to run free in the passing game. All these things are strengths to a Gus Malzahn. I sure hope he gets to show his stuff at the University of Arkansas next year and I also said this back a few years back to a friend and he laughed. Now it doesn't seem so farfetched.

GO HOGS!

Whatever happens in the future with Coach Nutt, I think it is safe to say that most of the Hog fans wish him the best and hold no animosity towards him or his family and even the assistant coaches. It is just when things continue to be bad and the same weaknesses continue to be shown, in a business like college sports, change is always imminent. Nothing personal, just business and the hope is that the families aren't hurt and that success happens for all of the ones displaced.

Post of the Freakin Month!!!

Feralhog

October 18, 2005, 11:40:44 pm #18 Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 11:42:43 pm by Feralhog
Quote from: jblack19 on October 18, 2005, 10:55:06 pm

In January 2004, he said two years and I gave him those two years then and I still am today. Yes this year is ugly and our schedule is brutal (we are rebuilding and have / will play at least 4 teams that have / will be ranked (at some point in the season) in the top ten. Do I think some changes need to be made within the staff, yes.

If we are at the same place next season as we are this season, then I will switch sides!
I have discovered it dosent matter what you say. Dosent matter what facts you show. This isnt a site to support the program, its a hater site. However, we need major staff changes. With an OC with 100% play calling control is a must. We need a decent QB as well. I still remain a Hog program supporter and will always be.

Seems like I recall a thread a week or so ago asking for facts and it was pretty clear those holding out for Nutt didn't have much to stand on. 

When it comes to spin,  Nutt and his minions have the pedal to the medal.  On one hand you have guys who supposedly side with the  players and so they feign this concern by jumping down our ass for booing.  Of course anyone with a lick of sense acknowldges the vast majority are booing the play calling.  But Nutt's minions will never let facts get in their way. 

I find it absolutely incredible that the same people, who are so concerned for our players, have no problem when the coach kicks one of the players under the bus.  It's absolutely sick. 

Don't get me wrong, I've had my doubts about RJ, but in fairness to him, this coaching staff has done nothing to help this kid  develop.  Remember the two cupcake wins against SMS and ULM?  Remember the posts complaining about the passing game, or the lack there of?.   Nutt asked for and received a  two year free pass why the hell isn't this reflected in his coaching?  Our current situation is such that our head coach has one priority, and that's to save his own ass.  If that means tossing kids to the curb, so be it.     
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Feralhog on October 18, 2005, 11:40:44 pm

In January 2004, he said two years and I gave him those two years then and I still am today. Yes this year is ugly and our schedule is brutal (we are rebuilding and have / will play at least 4 teams that have / will be ranked (at some point in the season) in the top ten. Do I think some changes need to be made within the staff, yes.

If we are at the same place next season as we are this season, then I will switch sides!

Seems like I recall a thread a week or so ago asking for facts and it was pretty clear those holding out for Nutt didn't have much to stand on. 

When it comes to spin,  Nutt and his minions have the pedal to the medal.  On one hand you have guys who supposedly side with the  players and so they feign this concern by jumping down our ass for booing.  Of course anyone with a lick of sense acknowldges the vast majority are booing the play calling.  But Nutt's minions will never let facts get in their way. 

I find it absolutely incredible that the same people, who are so concerned for our players, have no problem when the coach kicks one of the players under the bus.  It's absolutely sick. 

Don't get me wrong, I've had my doubts about RJ, but in fairness to him, this coaching staff has done nothing to help this kid succeed and develop.  Remember the two cupcake wins against SMS and ULM?  Remember the posts complaining about the passing game, or the lack there of?.   Nutt asked for and received a  two year free pass why the hell isn't this reflected in his coaching?  Our current situation is such that our head coach has one priority, and that's to save his own ass.  If that means tossing kids to the curb, so be it.     

Feral - outstanding post, well said and salient points.

And yes, Nutt has an agenda, and it is not to win a national championship, it is to save his rear....oh and if he by chance wins a NC in the process then lucky us...  Time for a change.  BOOOOOOOOOOO

Bacon out...

HawgWyld

Yes, in the middle of yet another rotten season, some people will come out and gripe about the coach. Imagine that. Followed Razorback football for long? When the team stinks, the head coach had better start looking for a new job. Why should Houston be any different?

I've been on the "dump Houston" bandwagon since the 2000 season following sitting through two horrible games at Razorback Stadium (Ole Miss and Georgia) and watching the team get absolutely humiliated in the (Viva!) Las Vegas Bowl on national television. Haven't seen much from the team to get excited about since then. You mentioned facts, but what could you possibly dredge up to show Nutt's done a decent job here? Considering our middle-of-the-pack SEC record under Nutt's tenure, I think that's a fair question. We're right down there with Kentucky, Ole Miss and Mississippi State in the SEC, so why do you believe we'll do better? Or, is it just our lot in life to be a fair-to-middling team in the SEC that sneaks up and wins a divisional championship once in a blue moon?

I've noticed you've stated this site isn't one on which people come to "support the program." Let me ask you this, then. Which person doesn't support the program? The one who claims the program we support and love just can't compete with the big boys or the one who expects Arkansas to build a program that can go toe-to-toe with anyone out there?

dirty stanchez

Nutt huggers are the scum of the earth.

Defending Nutt at this point is tantamount to Bishops covering up the fact that priests rape little boys.

corndo

Quote from: dirty stanchez on October 19, 2005, 01:50:58 am

Defending Nutt at this point is tantamount to Bishops covering up the fact that priests rape little boys.

Wow, I want Nutt gone as well, but that is a fairly dramatic statement!

HogInGermany

I understand your frustration, that is just over the top. Covering up for molestor priests is EVIL, supporting a loser coach is just stupid.

e_dub

No, because it will be the freaking "always maxi pad bowl" and they'll play, again, like a bunch of bleeding [CENSORED].

whatsshakinbacon

did he really say...IF we don't go to a bowl game?  wow...

Bacon out...

HogFanLR

Good Grief.  When you are calling for a serious decision that affects the lives of a lot of people, Including coachs, and fans that have invested a lot of time and money into the program, do not use arguements like this- it will help me (for one) to take your opinion more seriously

Tusks

I've been off the bandwagon since MSU in 98.  There were decisions made in that game that told me he didn't have it.  There's somethings we knew he had to learn on the job, but somethings you either know as a coach or you don't and he didn't and still doesn't. 

I'm amazed in 99 he didn't get more grief for leaving Storner in against one of the directional LA and got his should hurt which cost the Hogs the chance at a better season.  Remember 4-4 in 99, but everybody forgot and forgave when they beat TX.  But 99 should've told everyone he coaches scared and the Hogs should've been 6-2 or 7-1.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GorillaJMonsoon

Hey man,

You said this: "This isnt a site to support the program, its a hater site. However, we need major staff changes. With an OC with 100% play calling control is a must"

Let me try and understand what you are saying here.  You are calling people "haters"  because they want major staff changes and an offensive coordinator, then you turn around and say that you also want major staff changes and an O.C.  So what you are saying is that YOU are a "hater", if not of Nutt, at least of those assistants that would be fired, whoever they may be. 

My thoughts are that just because a person thinks a coach isn't up to the job, doesn't mean that they HATE the program.  If someone really hated the program, then they would be tickled pink about the direction that we are headed right now.  A true "hater" would say "don't change a thing, we are one game away from turning the corner and going to a bowl"  Someone who really loves the program is sickened by the current situation and wants changes. They would like there to be some personal responsibility taken by those who control the direction of the program.  One question that I have raised in the past which has been mostly ignored is: "Were the people that wanted Ford fired quitters or non-supporters, or "haters" or did they want some real improvement in the program and they didn't see him as the coach to take us any further?" Of course not.

Coacht

Just curious what about Nutt do you like? I am not trashing just like to see what you see.
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

Kevin

jblack, give some facts as to why in the world we would keep him. i will debate you fact for fact.  but to say you don't support the program because you want a new coach is wrong. i want the best program we can have and i don't believe he is the man for the job.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Feralhog

October 19, 2005, 09:52:36 am #31 Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 09:54:16 am by Feralhog
Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on October 19, 2005, 08:53:06 am

My thoughts are that just because a person thinks a coach isn't up to the job, doesn't mean that they HATE the program. If someone really hated the program, then they would be tickled pink about the direction that we are headed right now. A true "hater" would say "don't change a thing, we are one game away from turning the corner and going to a bowl" Someone who really loves the program is sickened by the current situation and wants changes. They would like there to be some personal responsibility taken by those who control the direction of the program. One question that I have raised in the past which has been mostly ignored is: "Were the people that wanted Ford fired quitters or non-supporters, or "haters" or did they want some real improvement in the program and they didn't see him as the coach to take us any further?" Of course not.

Excellent points Monsoon.  I took the liberty of removing the portion where you tried to cipher the logic of Nutt's minions.  Trying to follow their mumbled mess of contradictory dissertations makes about as much sense as hiding in a grass hut in the midst of a Cat 5 Hurricane. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

jblack19

Thats an insane comparison. My negative thoughts of you have just multiplied 10 fold. Oh and I think your sick.

jblack19

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on October 19, 2005, 08:53:06 am
Hey man,

You said this: "This isnt a site to support the program, its a hater site. However, we need major staff changes. With an OC with 100% play calling control is a must"

Let me try and understand what you are saying here.  You are calling people "haters"  because they want major staff changes and an offensive coordinator, then you turn around and say that you also want major staff changes and an O.C.  So what you are saying is that YOU are a "hater", if not of Nutt, at least of those assistants that would be fired, whoever they may be. 

My thoughts are that just because a person thinks a coach isn't up to the job, doesn't mean that they HATE the program.  If someone really hated the program, then they would be tickled pink about the direction that we are headed right now.  A true "hater" would say "don't change a thing, we are one game away from turning the corner and going to a bowl"  Someone who really loves the program is sickened by the current situation and wants changes. They would like there to be some personal responsibility taken by those who control the direction of the program.  One question that I have raised in the past which has been mostly ignored is: "Were the people that wanted Ford fired quitters or non-supporters, or "haters" or did they want some real improvement in the program and they didn't see him as the coach to take us any further?" Of course not.
Nutt cant micro manage. Which hes been doing, or trying to do. Hiring a OC and giving him 100% control is a major change. The haters want Nutt gone no if ands or buts. A major staff change to them is just firing Nutt. They dont want to hire an OC and let him have full control and leave Nutt as HC. They just want Nutts head on a platter.

Ford was below .500, .465 to be exact, #18 on the list of winningest Hog FB coaches. Probably not haters to the extent people are of Nutt. I didnt like Ford, he had no desire to coach at Arkansas. He did a favor for FJB, UoA needed a HC ASAP. But trying to enlighten you where I stand is a lost cause. You and others have your mind made up that if the supporters dont agree with you then they are wrong. Nutt is # 10 on the list of winningest coaches in Hog FB.

Jim Harris

Quote from: PBD on October 18, 2005, 09:32:32 pm

There's a good reason why you won't find many either.

Even Rich Brooks at Kentucky has more support right now that Nutt does, and Brooks is going to get fired. And, talk about a friggin' NCAA Cloud to recruit under, Brooks had about 100 times the cloud Nutt ever experienced.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Biggus Piggus

Houston squandered the Vandy game while playing politics with his senior RB.

EXACTLY!  His willingness to go with inferior players showed a disturbing lack of recognition of how vulnerable his offense was.  This is why crap never gets fixed till midseason!  NUTT NEVER GETS ANYTHING DONE IN SPRING THROUGH AUGUST!  Can't you guys see that?
[CENSORED]!

GorillaJMonsoon

JBlack19,

I never said that I wanted Nutt fired, in fact, until the Vandy game, I was on here defending him against the "haters".  Check out the posts.  But Nutt REFUSES to get an O.C. so its beginning to look like the only way to get an O.C. who has 100% playcalling responsibilites is to get rid of Nutt.  But is that our fault for wanting an O.C. or Nutts fault for refusing to get one?  He is forcing the decision by not surrounding himself with capable assistants and therefore their failure is HIS failure.  But if Nutt did get an OC then what is left for him to do?  He's not really an administrator-type.  He wants to stay relevant but by playing "not to lose" he is doing exactly that, losing. 

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 19, 2005, 02:21:17 pm
Houston squandered the Vandy game while playing politics with his senior RB.

EXACTLY! His willingness to go with inferior players showed a disturbing lack of recognition of how vulnerable his offense was. This is why crap never gets fixed till midseason! NUTT NEVER GETS ANYTHING DONE IN SPRING THROUGH AUGUST! Can't you guys see that?

From what i remember, we have had a few problems in October as well.