Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marcus Harrison is being wasted at DT

Started by Sirporkalot, October 17, 2005, 11:17:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirporkalot

Marcus Harrison can do some damage at Strongside DE; but Cueball has him in the middle getting double teamed and pancaked.   Marcus Harrison has freakish size and speed; that is lost in the middle.  He is not a plugger.  He is great at DE.  Herring lets his DE's run themselves out of every play; which leaves at least 4 Olineman to block 2 DT's and pick up any blitzes up the middle. Herring does not make adjustments very well. Herring needs a couple bad aZZ DT's, before he tries to go to this ACC defense.

It is sad that our DE's are STILL running themselves out of plays.  AU Olinemen were playing Pinball with our DT's; because they could just throw 4-5 guys at our TWO DT's. Rocker's Dline is catching flack; but consider this.  Keep in mind that Rocker did not pick this scheme; but he has to deal with the consequences.
-How would you like to see one of your best talents, Marcus Harrison moved to DT; which negates his speed and quickness?
-How would you like to deal with your TWO DT's being double teamed on EVERY play; because the DE's are coached to RUN up the field?...thus taking themselves out of every running play.
-How does Marcus Harrison's talents get accentuated in this alignment? Marcus needs to be at Strongside Def End, not in the interior getting double teamed.

This is what we need:
WDE- Anderson
DT- Bledsoe
DT- Jasckson
SDE- Harrison

Then create a depth chart from this list: Michael Tate, Jeremy Harrell, Ernest Mitchell, Cord Gray and Marcus Shavers.

Razorback Jedi

What player isn't being wasted on this team? Outside of the OL and Peyton Hillis, I think this staff have wasted much talent across the board this year.

Sirporkalot

Biggus Piggus

I don't want Bledsoe starting.  No freaking way.  He got in the game only because Nutt ordered it, not because he earned any playing time.  Rocker has to be gone after being overruled; he'd as soon have Bledsoe selling popcorn.  Bledsoe gets to play because he's a Little Rock Central coddled child.  This kind of crap ruling the program is a big reason why it sucks so bad.  Bledsoe got a good number of downs, and he didn't register a single freakin stat.

You could see the flaw in Herring's scheme in the second half, the way the ends got pushed around and the tiny linebackers got lost in the swell.  I wonder how Auburn's own defense would have handled it.  They essentially play seven DBs, a lot of tailbacks playing defense.  It was frustrating to watch their mediocre runners waddle their way to 5 yards a carry.  McFadden would have hung 300 on us.
[CENSORED]!

WindyCityHog

Herring is the problem?  Okay...

Let's give Harrison a shot at QB....He can't be any worse than RJ.

Sirporkalot

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 17, 2005, 11:35:27 am
I don't want Bledsoe starting.  No freaking way.  He got in the game only because Nutt ordered it, not because he earned any playing time.  Rocker has to be gone after being overruled; he'd as soon have Bledsoe selling popcorn.  Bledsoe gets to play because he's a Little Rock Central coddled child.  This kind of crap ruling the program is a big reason why it sucks so bad. Bledsoe got a good number of downs, and he didn't register a single freakin stat.

You could see the flaw in Herring's scheme in the second half, the way the ends got pushed around and the tiny linebackers got lost in the swell.  I wonder how Auburn's own defense would have handled it.  They essentially play seven DBs, a lot of tailbacks playing defense.  It was frustrating to watch their mediocre runners waddle their way to 5 yards a carry.  McFadden would have hung 300 on us.

I agree that Bledsoe is a major PR problem within the ranks.  I guess that I saw no way for any DT's get any stats to speak of; because they were constantly double teamed.  Bledsoe needs to be given an ultimatum.

Sirporkalot

Quote from: WindyCityHog on October 17, 2005, 11:35:56 am
Herring is the problem? Okay...

You must not have went to the game.  How many games have you actually watched this year Windy?

WindyCityHog

Quote from: Sirporkalot on October 17, 2005, 11:40:42 am
Quote from: WindyCityHog on October 17, 2005, 11:35:56 am
Herring is the problem? Okay...

You must not have went to the game. How many games have you actually watched this year Windy?

Does that matter?  How many have you watched?  I have seen all (whether live or on tape).....

Since I live in Chicago, I must not have a valid opinion?  Is that what you mean?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Sirporkalot on October 17, 2005, 11:39:48 am
I agree that Bledsoe is a major PR problem within the ranks. I guess that I saw no way for any DT's get any stats to speak of; because they were constantly double teamed. Bledsoe needs to be given an ultimatum.

Jackson had 10 tackles, a PBU and two hurries.  Harrison had six tackles and a hurry.  The starters had stats.  The backups registered nada.  Even the ends did something.  Sims 10 tackles, a PBU and a hurry.  Anderson had three tackles.  Brown 2, Snider 1.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

If we don't have enough Olinemen, why is Jeremy Harrell being wasted on defense?
[CENSORED]!

Sirporkalot

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 17, 2005, 11:45:12 am
I agree that Bledsoe is a major PR problem within the ranks. I guess that I saw no way for any DT's get any stats to speak of; because they were constantly double teamed. Bledsoe needs to be given an ultimatum.

Jackson had 10 tackles, a PBU and two hurries. Harrison had six tackles and a hurry. The starters had stats. The backups registered nada. Even the ends did something. Sims 10 tackles, a PBU and a hurry. Anderson had three tackles. Brown 2, Snider 1.

How did the stats look 1st half compared to 2nd half?  The abuse of our DT's got ugly in the late second qtr; and that is when we all were griping aobut the 4-5 Oline doubling down on our 2 DT's.  We were watching it intently during the 2nd half; and it was ugly for our DT's.  The only time our DT's were in on stats was when the TB had already gotten 7-8 yards.

Sirporkalot

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 17, 2005, 11:45:44 am
If we don't have enough Olinemen, why is Jeremy Harrell being wasted on defense?

True Words.

Sirporkalot

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 17, 2005, 11:45:12 am

Jackson had 10 tackles, a PBU and two hurries. Harrison had six tackles and a hurry. The starters had stats. The backups registered nada. Even the ends did something. Sims 10 tackles, a PBU and a hurry. Anderson had three tackles. Brown 2, Snider 1.

How many of the DE's tackles were after the AU TB had gotten 10 yards?

Biggus Piggus

None.  Four or five were after gains of 5-7 yards.  Sims had a handful of tackles that were at the line of scrimmage or for a loss.
[CENSORED]!

Sirporkalot

Ok sims is a keeper at DE in certain passing downs; OR move him back to LB.

Theolesnort

Actually you want the dlinemen taking on the double teams and not turning the olinemen loose on the linebackers. This is where we failed. The Dlinemen did not get to their gaps and contain the olinemen. They got into our linebackers running gear. When that happens you have big trouble. This is where the speed over size and strength gets a bit muddled. Sometimes a guy like Cord Gray can be a lot better than a Jackson or Shavers. Cord is strong strong and may have occupied a couple of linemen better than some of the others. The same for Mitchell he could have very well been in his element in such a game. Go figure?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

hogmary

I, for one, am glad to finally see D-linemen and linebackers making tackles this year.  In the recent past, the db's have made all the tackles.  This is the first time I can remember that someone other than a safety has led the team in tackles since Houston has been here.  Good job Olajubutu!

Sirporkalot

Quote from: Theolesnort on October 17, 2005, 02:18:17 pm
Actually you want the dlinemen taking on the double teams and not turning the olinemen loose on the linebackers. This is where we failed. The Dlinemen did not get to their gaps and contain the olinemen. They got into our linebackers running gear. When that happens you have big trouble. This is where the speed over size and strength gets a bit muddled. Sometimes a guy like Cord Gray can be a lot better than a Jackson or Shavers. Cord is strong strong and may have occupied a couple of linemen better than some of the others. The same for Mitchell he could have very well been in his element in such a game. Go figure?

I couldn't agree more with your thoughts.  We have no Ryan Hale's on this Dline, nor have we for 5 years.

Jim Harris

Jeremy Harrell got all over Don Decker in the summer, getting pissed off over Decker  jumping him and asking Decker, "What Division III school did you play football for?"
After that, Decker went to Nutt and, according to the team insiders, that is the reason he's been kept on the backburner.
Apparently Decker has Nutt's balls in his palm.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Sirporkalot

Quote from: drakehog on October 17, 2005, 02:27:07 pm

Jeremy Harrell got all over Don Decker in the summer, getting pissed off over Decker jumping him and asking Decker, "What Division III school did you play football for?"
After that, Decker went to Nutt and, according to the team insiders, that is the reason he's been kept on the backburner.

Harrell was a good player his first 2 years; but had moments that were just decent.  Harrell also did not buy into Herring's BS from what I have heard.  He is a player you can win with; but he won't put up with a lot of crap that Decker dishes out.  Decker is a problem and has been talked aobut enough; that he is in a position of risk.

hog wild

I really don't understand why Bledsoe has been given so many chances.  All you hear is he has the body of an NFL lineman.  This guy has not finished one practice without blowing chunks or comming up with some type of injury to get out of running!  What happened to "if you don't practice full out you don't play in the games"  This is sending the wrong message to the rest of the team when they see this overated rated player skate by in practice and get playing time during the games.  On the subject of Harrell this guy is a redneck but this is what we need.  He gives it all he got and I woulld have him watch my back side any day!
Maybe he needs to settle this thing with the strength coach man to man!

On the morning of signing day I rembemer Bledsoe saying he chose the Razorbacks over the Vols because that morning when he woke up the image of a Razorback was shining on his wall.

Maybe the next time he wakes up he'll see an exit sign!

chiti66

Sir-P-Alot

I totally agree.  I would add that we move Wes Murphy back to DE, Sims back to LB and "the Project" back to WR to help Monk.  Imagine that, 2 6'6" WRs?  However, at this point I don't know what to say.  Maybe it's time.............................

Sirporkalot

Herring has to make changes in the def front; that will put some meat on the ends.  Harrison going outside is the first move.  Yes, Murphy is an option to go back to DE; but I think Shavers at DE is probably better.

Sirporkalot

Add Freddie BArnett to this group next year; and it will help alot.  It might help give Bledsoe a wake up call. 

Bledsoe=Jason Johnson?

RebelHawg

October 17, 2005, 09:54:20 pm #24 Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 09:55:55 pm by RebelHawg
For everyone who thinks Bledsoe should be starting, well....in the next few days you will get your answer. also i agree that freddie b. will have an impact on the d-line, but he has to get his academics right first.

rricha

Harrrison is going to get paid for playing inside not at end.  I saw Shavers up close during the game in tie Rock the kid is going to grow into a beast with or without Decker it will be god given.  As for Bledsoe send him to the offensive line or UCA if he can play there.  We have Cord on the rise just a tad small but he will be a beast also.

Sirporkalot

Quote from: RebelHawg on October 17, 2005, 09:54:20 pm
For everyone who thinks Bledsoe should be starting, well....in the next few days you will get your answer. also i agree that freddie b. will have an impact on the d-line, but he has to get his academics right first.

What is goin got happen in the next few days?  Are you talking aobut UGA or a personal situation?

Hawgon

Quote from: Sirporkalot on October 17, 2005, 03:01:02 pm

Jeremy Harrell got all over Don Decker in the summer, getting pissed off over Decker jumping him and asking Decker, "What Division III school did you play football for?"

Harrell was a good player his first 2 years; but had moments that were just decent. Harrell also did not buy into Herring's BS from what I have heard. He is a player you can win with; but he won't put up with a lot of crap that Decker dishes out. Decker is a problem and has been talked aobut enough; that he is in a position of risk.

Harrell comes from a good enough high school program that he recognizes good coaching when he sees it.  All one has to do is look at what they have done at Texas High over the last five or six years to know that we would probably be better off if we made a straight trade and took their coaching staff.  Except for one slip up the first game of the season, they have been destroying their oppnents.  They played Evangel the week after Springdale and beat them just about as bad.

Here is the deal.  Harrell has been moved to the scout team about half the time.  He has been to every coach on the defensive staff and the ol Nutter himself asking why he is no longer even practicing.  He can't get a straight answer from any of them.  No one will even just come out and tell him that he is just not good enough.  If they would just give him a reason, he might not like it or agree with it, but he could at least understand.  Instead, they have not given him any straight answers.  There is no excuse for this bullsh** and if a kid commits to play for a school and puts out the work to be there, he at least deserves a straight answer.  This is particularly true in a case like Harrell's where he is a former starter.

Now how does this affect the overall big picture?  Well, Harrell played at a high school program that currently has three former players on the hogs.  They have one of the best quarterbacks in the nation as a junior right now and they will have many players over the years who could make an impact for us.  Don't think that Harrell hasn't told his old coaches about the treatment he is getting from Nuttsack and his gutless staff.  Harrell's old coaches would understand if Nutt and company had just told him that he wasn't good enough.  Hey, they're coaches they make those kinds of decisions themselves, but they don't like it when their old players get jerked around.  Don't expect them to be steering any players towards Arkansas anytime soon.

Nuttsack seems to think that what goes on in Fayetteville is in a big vacumn and nobody ever finds out what is going on.  Many incidents like this over the years have seriously undermined my confidence in his character.  If you can't be honest with a 20 year old kid about why he isn't playing, then what other kinds of tough choices can you not make.  Stuff like this is why he has such a bad relationship with so many high school coaches.  As coaches they see through is rah rah crap and they hear stories about how he treats people.  They are not amused.

Sirporkalot

Quote from: Hawgon on October 18, 2005, 11:44:58 am

Harrell was a good player his first 2 years; but had moments that were just decent. Harrell also did not buy into Herring's BS from what I have heard. He is a player you can win with; but he won't put up with a lot of crap that Decker dishes out. Decker is a problem and has been talked aobut enough; that he is in a position of risk.

Harrell comes from a good enough high school program that he recognizes good coaching when he sees it. All one has to do is look at what they have done at Texas High over the last five or six years to know that we would probably be better off if we made a straight trade and took their coaching staff. Except for one slip up the first game of the season, they have been destroying their oppnents. They played Evangel the week after Springdale and beat them just about as bad.

Here is the deal. Harrell has been moved to the scout team about half the time. He has been to every coach on the defensive staff and the ol Nutter himself asking why he is no longer even practicing. He can't get a straight answer from any of them. No one will even just come out and tell him that he is just not good enough. If they would just give him a reason, he might not like it or agree with it, but he could at least understand. Instead, they have not given him any straight answers. There is no excuse for this bullsh** and if a kid commits to play for a school and puts out the work to be there, he at least deserves a straight answer. This is particularly true in a case like Harrell's where he is a former starter.

Now how does this affect the overall big picture? Well, Harrell played at a high school program that currently has three former players on the hogs. They have one of the best quarterbacks in the nation as a junior right now and they will have many players over the years who could make an impact for us. Don't think that Harrell hasn't told his old coaches about the treatment he is getting from Nuttsack and his gutless staff. Harrell's old coaches would understand if Nutt and company had just told him that he wasn't good enough. Hey, they're coaches they make those kinds of decisions themselves, but they don't like it when their old players get jerked around. Don't expect them to be steering any players towards Arkansas anytime soon.

Nuttsack seems to think that what goes on in Fayetteville is in a big vacumn and nobody ever finds out what is going on. Many incidents like this over the years have seriously undermined my confidence in his character. If you can't be honest with a 20 year old kid about why he isn't playing, then what other kinds of tough choices can you not make. Stuff like this is why he has such a bad relationship with so many high school coaches. As coaches they see through is rah rah crap and they hear stories about how he treats people. They are not amused.

I have been told that Harrel was not buying into Herring's BS at all; and that was what got him in hot water.  I had not heard of the Decker episode until now.  The info I had was from the first week of fall practice in early August.  I have been worried aobut Harrell; because he is a solid player, that got a little heavy last year, as a result of Decker.

RebelHawg

October 18, 2005, 12:54:01 pm #29 Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 12:56:34 pm by RebelHawg
It is about Bledsoe and if he will be starting for the d-line or possibly????

Jim Harris

Quote from: Sirporkalot on October 18, 2005, 12:17:30 pm
Quote from: Hawgon on October 18, 2005, 11:44:58 am

Harrell comes from a good enough high school program that he recognizes good coaching when he sees it. All one has to do is look at what they have done at Texas High over the last five or six years to know that we would probably be better off if we made a straight trade and took their coaching staff. Except for one slip up the first game of the season, they have been destroying their oppnents. They played Evangel the week after Springdale and beat them just about as bad.

Here is the deal. Harrell has been moved to the scout team about half the time. He has been to every coach on the defensive staff and the ol Nutter himself asking why he is no longer even practicing. He can't get a straight answer from any of them. No one will even just come out and tell him that he is just not good enough. If they would just give him a reason, he might not like it or agree with it, but he could at least understand. Instead, they have not given him any straight answers. There is no excuse for this bullsh** and if a kid commits to play for a school and puts out the work to be there, he at least deserves a straight answer. This is particularly true in a case like Harrell's where he is a former starter.

Now how does this affect the overall big picture? Well, Harrell played at a high school program that currently has three former players on the hogs. They have one of the best quarterbacks in the nation as a junior right now and they will have many players over the years who could make an impact for us. Don't think that Harrell hasn't told his old coaches about the treatment he is getting from Nuttsack and his gutless staff. Harrell's old coaches would understand if Nutt and company had just told him that he wasn't good enough. Hey, they're coaches they make those kinds of decisions themselves, but they don't like it when their old players get jerked around. Don't expect them to be steering any players towards Arkansas anytime soon.

Nuttsack seems to think that what goes on in Fayetteville is in a big vacumn and nobody ever finds out what is going on. Many incidents like this over the years have seriously undermined my confidence in his character. If you can't be honest with a 20 year old kid about why he isn't playing, then what other kinds of tough choices can you not make. Stuff like this is why he has such a bad relationship with so many high school coaches. As coaches they see through is rah rah crap and they hear stories about how he treats people. They are not amused.

I have been told that Harrel was not buying into Herring's BS at all; and that was what got him in hot water. I had not heard of the Decker episode until now. The info I had was from the first week of fall practice in early August. I have been worried aobut Harrell; because he is a solid player, that got a little heavy last year, as a result of Decker.

I'm told by someone close that if you surveyed the parents and many of the players, the consensus you'd hear is that the most mistreated/misused person on the team this year has been Jeremy Harrell. I haven't personally surveyed them, but I would guess this person I speak of has, at least through basic conversation at the games and such.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

brooks74

I don't know what happened to Harrell, nor do I claim to be have any inside info.  I just think we don't have the talent to run Herring's scheme.  We do in places.  Harrison is growing into a stud, along with Jackson, Olajubutu, Fairchild, etc, etc.  But obvioulsy you are hurting when you ahve to move a WR to DE.  Anderson will be a stud de when he adjusts to the extra 40-50 lbs he has added. 

RebelHawg

I told all you that you would find out about Bledsoe

rricha

Quote from: rricha on October 17, 2005, 11:07:16 pm
Harrrison is going to get paid for playing inside not at end. I saw Shavers up close during the game in tie Rock the kid is going to grow into a beast with or without Decker it will be god given. As for Bledsoe send him to the offensive line or UCA if he can play there. We have Cord on the rise just a tad small but he will be a beast also.
Has been moved to the offensive line now it really up to him.  He can get paid good if it pans out.   Shawn has sure gotten fatter will eat his way out the league

SultanofSwine

From what I have gathered, Harrell is not the only one in that boat but may be the worst case. Lots of second guessing going on by the players and has been for some time now.