Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 8 FB Pickem is Open

Started by WilsonHog, October 16, 2005, 04:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

With one game conspicuously absent..........

Deadline is 6:00 p.m. Thursday.

pioneerhog

I am going to do it today so I don't forget like I have the last two weeks.

PorcineSublime

Princeton is killing me. Pick them to win they lose, Pick them to lose they win. All I can say is GO CRIMSON.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

jblack19

October 16, 2005, 07:27:24 pm #4 Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 07:29:18 pm by jblack19
No Hog game? That su*ks. Princeton better win this time.

WilsonHog

Quote from: jblack19 on October 16, 2005, 07:27:24 pm
No Hog game? That su*ks. Princeton better win this time.

As Tomcat said, no gimmees.

jblack19

Well those of us that havent given up on the Hogs would never vote against them. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: jblack19 on October 16, 2005, 10:24:58 pm
Well those of us that havent given up on the Hogs would never vote against them.

You know, I almost put the game in for that very reason. Same line of thinking that causes me to always put Texas and Notre Dame games in - some people just can't help but vote with their hearts and not their heads, which makes it easier on the rest of us to win.

Tomhog™

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 16, 2005, 10:57:32 pm

You know, I almost put the game in for that very reason. Same line of thinking that causes me to always put Texas and Notre Dame games in - some people just can't help but vote with their hearts and not their heads, which makes it easier on the rest of us to win.

Voting against them when I should have has gotten me to within 1 point in the overall standings.  I have no problem being realistic.  ALTHOUGH I wouldn't have been the LEAST bit upset if the Hogs won and I lost a point because of it.  But this week, we don't have to worry about it, do we? ;D

John Futrall

I got the Princeton game right, but picked the  :razorback: to win....What was I thinking?!!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!

Missed that one and the 3OT Louisville game....UGH!!!!!

hoggystyle78

I have a stupid question, I am new to this board, just how does one go about participating in the pick em?

hoggystyle78

junkyardhog

It's not about voting, it's about who do you think will realistically win?

I selected USC to win and they did.
Flatfoot now owes me a bottle of herradura anejo because he gave me Notre Dame and 10.5

Can you see how I won with picking BOTH teams? ;) 

Tequila, Herradura - Tequila Herradura is the most respected name in the tequila industry. The five generations of Romos that have managed Tequila Herradura have steadfastly held to the original philosophy handed down by Feliciano. A philosophy that demands the utmost attention to quality, that is driven by a passion to produce only the finest possible tequila and that strives to enrich the lives of those who work at Herradura.

Tequila Herradura's meticulous production process is what truly sets it apart from other tequilas. Only the most mature and healthy agave plants are harvested to make Tequila Herradura and only traditional clay ovens are used to cook the agave - just the way it was done over one hundred years ago.

Herradura Anejo is aged for 2 years in used oak barrels giving it a deep gold color and hot, spicy feel. The mastery of Herradura comes out in this champion tequila which should be enjoyed straight or in a super-premium cocktail.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jblack19

Quote from: junkyardhog on October 18, 2005, 03:45:51 pm

It's not about voting, it's about who do you think will realistically win?

I selected USC to win and they did.
Flatfoot now owes me a bottle of herradura anejo because he gave me Notre Dame and 10.5

Can you see how I won with picking BOTH teams? ;) 

Tequila, Herradura - Tequila Herradura is the most respected name in the tequila industry. The five generations of Romos that have managed Tequila Herradura have steadfastly held to the original philosophy handed down by Feliciano. A philosophy that demands the utmost attention to quality, that is driven by a passion to produce only the finest possible tequila and that strives to enrich the lives of those who work at Herradura.

Tequila Herradura's meticulous production process is what truly sets it apart from other tequilas. Only the most mature and healthy agave plants are harvested to make Tequila Herradura and only traditional clay ovens are used to cook the agave - just the way it was done over one hundred years ago.

Herradura Anejo is aged for 2 years in used oak barrels giving it a deep gold color and hot, spicy feel. The mastery of Herradura comes out in this champion tequila which should be enjoyed straight or in a super-premium cocktail.
Thanks for the information about the booze, which has nothing to do with peoples lack of support for program.

hawkeyefan17

I am looking foward to the Michigan vs. Iowa game this week. I think my Hawkeyes are going to extend their 22 game home winning streak this week.

One question, why the Michigan vs. Iowa game be on an Arkansas board's pick 'em?

BigPapaHawg

I got mine set, I just hope I can do better than I have the past few weeks!
WOO PIG

junkyardhog

Could someone tell me about Harvard and Princeton? I have no idea on this one.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: junkyardhog on October 20, 2005, 03:08:15 pm
Could someone tell me about Harvard and Princeton? I have no idea on this one.
That may be the toughest call of all. Both are tied for middle tier of the Ivy league 1-1 , 3-2 overall. My guess would be Princeton is better, but I have lost on them all season. If I pick em they lose if I don't they win. Oh well, it's all in fun anyway.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

junkyardhog

well, I picked Harvard. We'll see.