Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 plays that cost us this game...........

Started by Thehammer, October 15, 2005, 09:20:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Thehammer

I can't blame the defense.  They were on the field far too much tonite.   

1.  RJ tries to tuck the ball away and run -- fumbles; deep in Auburn's end of the field.  Markuson can't teach pass blocking.  Never has. 

2.  Attempt at a 38 yd FG is blocked for the 2nd week in a row.   Shibest is a miserable failure coaching special teams. 

3.  First drive of the second half, RJ has Hillis wide open and just flat misses him.  HDN's stubborness to keep Johnson in at qb is at work again. 

4.  Right after Auburn scored on their first drive of the 3rd quarter, we have another chance on third down and RJ again misses a wide open man.   (See #3 above.)

hognelson

Quote from: Thehammer on October 15, 2005, 09:20:07 pm
I can't blame the defense. They were on the field far too much tonite.

1. RJ tries to tuck the ball away and run -- fumbles; deep in Auburn's end of the field. Markuson can't teach pass blocking. Never has.

2. Attempt at a 38 yd FG is blocked for the 2nd week in a row. Shibest is a miserable failure coaching special teams.

3. First drive of the second half, RJ has Hillis wide open and just flat misses him. HDN's stubborness to keep Johnson in at qb is at work again.

4. Right after Auburn scored on their first drive of the 3rd quarter, we have another chance on third down and RJ again misses a wide open man. (See #3 above.)
Here's four that killed it for us tonight:
1. Nutt woke up this morning as coach of the Hogs
2. Nutt starts first drive with chewing nails
3. Nutt instantly reliazes that he is deep doodoo
4. Nutt calls timeout.
And crap, these were just through the first quarter.