Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns

Started by geoffhog, October 14, 2005, 10:48:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffhog

I just got back from the Northside-Fayetteville game. It was my first time to see Burns and I was very impressed. I expected him to be very fast and have a strong arm and was not disappointed on either account. What was surprising was his accuracy. He was rolling out most of the night, throwing on the run and hitting receivers in the numbers. Good looking deep ball, too. Very, very fast. He'll be a great D-1 QB, IMO.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

geoffhog

jkstock04

I just got back from the game too...game looked like HDN has been giving Fayetteville's coach some pointers or something...it was a good game though.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

e_dub

Let's get him and Mitch both and let them fight it out for the job.......it's like bringing two drunk girls home in the same night. You can't lose. ;D

lunchbox72703

i kinda think dick and mustain will be fighting it out next year.....alex might transfer......ROJO, well ROJO does something....hmmm, not sure really what though....

DevilHog

I think we will get both of them. There will be quite a bit of pressure on Nutt to play Mitch next year. Kodi really seems to want to be a Razorback. You could redshirt Kodi and he would have two years after Mitch left. You could also split a little time between them in the two years they are together. It would be two different looks. I agree, it is a great situation at QB for the first time in a long time.

DOGALUM

I'm sure I'll catch some crap over this...but it just has to be said. 

While Kodi Burns is indeed a gifted athlete, to think that he would even come close to pushing Mitch defies reason.  Mitch Mustain is a once every 20-30 years QB.  Kodi Burns is a great scrambler, but is NOT a D-1 QB.  I'll stop short of saying Kodi sucks, because he is very successful doing what he does....well....somewhat successful.  IMO, he's almost a carbon copy of ROJO.  He runs a little better than ROJO, and while he may have a stronger arm, it is as innaccurate as ROJO's. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

clemensrules01

not suprisingly you are a springdale alum.  please dont just post biased opinions.  k. burns is a great player and so is mitch.  both of them are two of the best qbs to come through arkansas in a long time.

DevilHog

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 15, 2005, 10:46:34 am
I'm sure I'll catch some crap over this...but it just has to be said.

While Kodi Burns is indeed a gifted athlete, to think that he would even come close to pushing Mitch defies reason. Mitch Mustain is a once every 20-30 years QB. Kodi Burns is a great scrambler, but is NOT a D-1 QB. I'll stop short of saying Kodi sucks, because he is very successful doing what he does....well....somewhat successful. IMO, he's almost a carbon copy of ROJO. He runs a little better than ROJO, and while he may have a stronger arm, it is as innaccurate as ROJO's.
I'm not trying to give you any crap, but your opinion is wrong. Time, as always, will tell the tale. Kodi has all the tools, his arm is very accurate (although he will occasionally miss on a deep one), and he is a D1 QB in the making. Remember, he is only a junior. Mark my words, he is the real deal.

DOGALUM

I admit I have only seen Burns play in person 2 times.  I also admit I am a bit of a homer.  I'll listen if people who have seen him play more than I have say he is the real deal.  Won't automatically buy into it....but I'll keep an open mind.  I just haven't seen it. 

DevilHog

They are both very good. To say that Burns is a big time QB takes nothing away from Mustain. Being a homer should not be part of the tought process.

reddierazorback

If MM is number 1 right now in the nation, then KB is 1A because he is better than MM.  Period.

RR
Go HOGS!

geoffhog

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 15, 2005, 11:52:34 am
I admit I have only seen Burns play in person 2 times. I also admit I am a bit of a homer. I'll listen if people who have seen him play more than I have say he is the real deal. Won't automatically buy into it....but I'll keep an open mind. I just haven't seen it.
While I live in Ft. Smith now, I'm not originally from here and didn't go to school at Northside. My interest was in seeing a good game, so I'm an unbiased observer and I truly believe what I saw last night was a major D-1 QB. I'm not on here to knock Rojo, but I thought Burns deep ball was much better than Rojo's. Keeping in mind it was Fayetteville he was playing and not Bama, Burns was more accurate and was much faster than I've ever seen Rojo. Burns recruitment will be intense next year.

DOGALUM

I know it takes nothing away from Mustain.  And being a homer had nothing to do with my opinion of Kodi Burns.  It had something to do with my praise of Mustain.  Like I said...I've only seen Burns play 2 times.  Both those times...he didn't look that good.  People who only saw Mitch play in the Central game last year, have every reason to question him as well. 

hogstorm

October 15, 2005, 01:59:32 pm #14 Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 03:42:51 pm by hogstorm
Quote from: DOGALUM on October 15, 2005, 01:38:58 pm
I know it takes nothing away from Mustain. And being a homer had nothing to do with my opinion of Kodi Burns. It had something to do with my praise of Mustain. Like I said...I've only seen Burns play 2 times. Both those times...he didn't look that good. People who only saw Mitch play in the Central game last year, have every reason to question him as well.

well i have only seen mitch play 2 times as well and i was throughly umimpressed both times. (both were last year however)  I do think he is a great qb.  Kody and Mustain both have their games where they look like they could start for the hogs now and sometimes they dont.  Hopefully most of the rest of the country wont key in on kody like they did mustain.  I think that right now mustain might be a bit better...if only b/c he is a senior and more overall offensive talent - which by the way means he can do more wrong and get away with it.  Northside (as i have said before and will say again) is the only team that can beat Springdale and i think they will definately have a chance.  Kody also plays a pretty decent safety... he was in quite a bit last night on D.

jblack19

Quote from: PulledPork on October 15, 2005, 10:36:48 am
Quote from: lunchbox72703 on October 15, 2005, 08:56:17 am
i kinda think dick and mustain will be fighting it out next year.....alex might transfer......ROJO, well ROJO does something....hmmm, not sure really what though....
Are you saying that MM will be fighting with himself??? ;D
LOL.. gotta love humor.

jmcclu20

I was going to ask if DOGALUM went to Southside with his northside hate speech, but seeing that he went to Springdale, its basically the same school. Kodi has a stronger arm than Mitch (which was proven at the Springdale QB camp) and is faster. Now having said that, you do relize that Kodi is also a junior and has yet to enter his senior and we are comparing him to Mitch. That should tell you something. Kodi was also in Sports Illistrated as the player from the south to look out for during his senior year.

DOGALUM

Quote from: jmcclu20 on October 15, 2005, 04:28:37 pm
I was going to ask if DOGALUM went to Southside with his northside hate speech, but seeing that he went to Springdale, its basically the same school. Kodi has a stronger arm than Mitch (which was proven at the Springdale QB camp) and is faster. Now having said that, you do relize that Kodi is also a junior and has yet to enter his senior and we are comparing him to Mitch. That should tell you something. Kodi was also in Sports Illistrated as the player from the south to look out for during his senior year.
First off.....Mustain didn't compete in the Springdale QB camp this year.  Secondly, there's alot more to being a good QB than just a strong arm and being able to run....see Robert Johnson.  I'm not spouting Northside hate speach.  Just said that from what I've seen, and the #'s I've seen from Burns, he's not near the QB Mustain is.  Nor is he near the QB Mustain was in his junior year.  Not saying he sucks.......but he's no Mustain.

hogstorm

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 15, 2005, 04:34:33 pm
First off.....Mustain didn't compete in the Springdale QB camp this year. Secondly, there's alot more to being a good QB than just a strong arm and being able to run....see Robert Johnson. I'm not spouting Northside hate speach. Just said that from what I've seen, and the #'s I've seen from Burns, he's not near the QB Mustain is. Nor is he near the QB Mustain was in his junior year. Not saying he sucks.......but he's no Mustain.

different schools different systems.  Mustain gets a lot more oppurtunity to show off his passing...and again he has more talent around him the Kody does.  Theres alot more to being a good qb than just a strong arm and being able to run... yes please tell me what Mustain has on Kody? Kody is very smart, when the games are close you just feel and it usually happens that he does something unbelievable to put it away or win...just like lasts night runs.  He can throw short, throw long, he excels at passing on the run, he passes are very accurate overall, and he is strong and he is only a jr.  And no i am no northside grad.  I am a tv photographer...and in the process of doing my job i definately have become a kody fan.  Half the great plays he makes we cant even put on tv because they are so long.. his escaping pressure running from one side of the field to other can take easily 30 seconds.  If everyone who is praising Mustain had seen Kody as much... i think you would have mustain slightly higher on the talent and potential meter only because mustain is a sr. and b/c his team is in the news more and of course because some people think hes the razorback savior.

DOGALUM

Quote from: hogstorm on October 15, 2005, 05:09:18 pm
Quote from: DOGALUM on October 15, 2005, 04:34:33 pm
First off.....Mustain didn't compete in the Springdale QB camp this year. Secondly, there's alot more to being a good QB than just a strong arm and being able to run....see Robert Johnson. I'm not spouting Northside hate speach. Just said that from what I've seen, and the #'s I've seen from Burns, he's not near the QB Mustain is. Nor is he near the QB Mustain was in his junior year. Not saying he sucks.......but he's no Mustain.

different schools different systems. Mustain gets a lot more oppurtunity to show off his passing...and again he has more talent around him the Kody does. Theres alot more to being a good qb than just a strong arm and being able to run... yes please tell me what Mustain has on Kody? Kody is very smart, when the games are close you just feel and it usually happens that he does something unbelievable to put it away or win...just like lasts night runs. He can throw short, throw long, he excels at passing on the run, he passes are very accurate overall, and he is strong and he is only a jr. And no i am no northside grad. I am a tv photographer...and in the process of doing my job i definately have become a kody fan. Half the great plays he makes we cant even put on tv because they are so long.. his escaping pressure running from one side of the field to other can take easily 30 seconds. If everyone who is praising Mustain had seen Kody as much... i think you would have mustain slightly higher on the talent and potential meter only because mustain is a sr. and b/c his team is in the news more and of course because some people think hes the razorback savior.
I can only tell you why I think Mitch is a better QB based on what I've seen of Burns.......which again...is not much.  That said, from what I've seen of him, he hasn't been accurate at all, and has made bad descisions.  But again...I've only seen him twice.  The big knock on Mitch seems to be that he's only so good because he has so much talent around him, and if Kodi had that much talent, he would put up huge #s as well.  Well.....we'll never know.....either way.  Not in high school anyway.
I do know this.....since Mitch started playing QB in junior high, he's only lost one game as a starter, and he got his arm snapped in that game.  Mitch's accuracy is off the charts....unbelievable for a high school kid and for most college kids.  He has a pretty strong arm himself.  Couple that with his ability to read a defense, his ability to make great descisions, and his accuracy and that is my case for him being better than Burns.  And don't get me wrong.....I'm not saying Burns is a bad QB....he is a hell of an exciting high school QB.   

J Man

Burns is a great kid, but you guys are not doing him right raising the bar so high for him.  He is a good player, but I really question the intelligence of anyone that has seen both players play, and they think Burns is as good or better that Mitch.  I am from neither school, but I have seen both players play (Burns numerous times), and there is no comparison.   I also question the intelligence of posters who think Northside can/will beat Springdale.  You are the same posters that could take over the Razorback program, and have better results than the current coaching staff.  Give me a break because your post reeks of stupidity.

hogstorm

Quote from: J Man on October 15, 2005, 06:55:17 pm
Burns is a great kid, but you guys are not doing him right raising the bar so high for him. He is a good player, but I really question the intelligence of anyone that has seen both players play, and they think Burns is as good or better that Mitch. I am from neither school, but I have seen both players play (Burns numerous times), and there is no comparison. I also question the intelligence of posters who think Northside can/will beat Springdale. You are the same posters that could take over the Razorback program, and have better results than the current coaching staff. Give me a break because your post reeks of stupidity.
i question the intelligence of most people on here, but a lot of people thought fayetteville had a shot at springdale and that was seemingly ok.  wellllllll.... i think northside has a chance to beat springdale... oh yeah northside did beat fay last night.  Mustain is a great qb and so is Burns.  Mustain is on a better team, yes made better by him, but overall offensively mustain has oustanding wr's all over the place.. Burns has Cruise Waldon and thats pretty much it.  I also question the intelligence of most people who think that most athletes dont strive to be the best they can at their position.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: hogstorm on October 15, 2005, 01:59:32 pm
Quote from: DOGALUM on October 15, 2005, 01:38:58 pm
I know it takes nothing away from Mustain. And being a homer had nothing to do with my opinion of Kodi Burns. It had something to do with my praise of Mustain. Like I said...I've only seen Burns play 2 times. Both those times...he didn't look that good. People who only saw Mitch play in the Central game last year, have every reason to question him as well.

well i have only seen mitch play 2 times as well and i was throughly umimpressed both times. (both were last year however)  I do think he is a great qb.  Kody and Mustain both have their games where they look like they could start for the hogs now and sometimes they dont.  Hopefully most of the rest of the country wont key in on kody like they did mustain.  I think that right now mustain might be a bit better...if only b/c he is a senior and more overall offensive talent - which by the way means he can do more wrong and get away with it.  Northside (as i have said before and will say again) is the only team that can beat Springdale and i think they will definately have a chance.  Kody also plays a pretty decent safety... he was in quite a bit last night on D.

Oh no, Mustain is not a great QB, he's just the best to ever come out of this state since football was invented that is all.  Some of you people amaze me.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: hogstorm on October 15, 2005, 07:15:33 pm
Quote from: J Man on October 15, 2005, 06:55:17 pm
Burns is a great kid, but you guys are not doing him right raising the bar so high for him. He is a good player, but I really question the intelligence of anyone that has seen both players play, and they think Burns is as good or better that Mitch. I am from neither school, but I have seen both players play (Burns numerous times), and there is no comparison. I also question the intelligence of posters who think Northside can/will beat Springdale. You are the same posters that could take over the Razorback program, and have better results than the current coaching staff. Give me a break because your post reeks of stupidity.
i question the intelligence of most people on here, but a lot of people thought fayetteville had a shot at springdale and that was seemingly ok. wellllllll.... i think northside has a chance to beat springdale... oh yeah northside did beat fay last night. Mustain is a great qb and so is Burns. Mustain is on a better team, yes made better by him, but overall offensively mustain has oustanding wr's all over the place.. Burns has Cruise Waldon and thats pretty much it. I also question the intelligence of most people who think that most athletes dont strive to be the best they can at their position.

Obviously you are the one who's intelligence should brought into question. I guess you know more than every recruiter in the country.  Mustain makes his recievers great, he's the best to ever come out of this state. If you think Northside has a prayer against this team you are nutts, the game will be over in the third quarter then the mercey rule will be brought into play.