Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Ready for ESPN's Bottom 10

Started by NaturalStateReb, October 02, 2005, 07:04:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

Looks like the Hogs are on the Bottom 10 bubble:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2172250

Seeing as they have a meeting with perenial Bottom 10 placekeeper ULM, they might get off the bubble.

Should they lose or win close, I think they're a cinch.

Of course, if they lose, I think they'll end up having to mail Nutt his clothes.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

whatsshakinbacon

oh my god that sucks....i want some nutt huggers to come defend that stuff.

Bacon out...

Bomis Hawg

But they ARE NOT BUFFALO!

They ended last year with a shutout lost to Uconn.  Started the same this year.  Two shut outs this year, only scored a FG against Rutgers.  Scored three TDs against WMU.

Could be worse. ;D

whatsshakinbacon

Maybe next year we won't be considered for the BOTTOM 10 list.

This is beyond embarassing.

NUTT YOU NEED TO GO AWAY!!!

Bacon out...

LL COOL HOG

Hey, I only hug my own nutts, after my cancer scare.  Well and before too ;D.

I say lets Hire Joe Kines.  Defense will be solid and we would then have an OC.  Hopefully we can slide off the bottom 10 bubble

whatsshakinbacon

I say head coaching,  not defense, is our problem.  FIRE HDN!!!

Bacon out...

B Ray

ESPN ,don't know squat... They have never seen this RAZORBACK team this year to know if they suck or not ...hey ...that means that either by the teams we've lost to or something means we suck in their eyes. Maybe doing more with less isn't working anymore, we are just doing less. If we win this weekend ULM will go back on the list , but if not everybody will get what they want a top 10 ranking...BYe NUTT

BuschHawg

The bottom 10 is the ultimate slap in the face..period.

Nutt needs to go drag someone else down for a while.

BuschHawg

Torqued pork

I pray every night for HDN to get fired, but I just can't believe the Hogs are that bad.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

whatsshakinbacon

There ya go Jim Lindsey - you might win the battle of keeping Nutt at f'ville but you'll lose the war.  Time for HDN to go - the last time we were this pi$$ poor on a national level JackCrowe was fired the next day.

Bacon out...

dirty stanchez

"Hey guys, just wondering, if we turn it around and beat a good football team in Louisiana Monroe, do you think that I can keep my job?" - El Nuttbo

Reaganite

We'll probably take Middle Tenn.'s place since they beat a team we couldn't... VANDERBUILT!

filthyswine

Quote from: Reaganite on October 02, 2005, 11:06:50 pm
We'll probably take Middle Tenn.'s place since they beat a team we couldn't... VANDERBUILT!

How soon do you think it will be before the MAC and SWAC teams try to schedule us for their non-conference games and homecomings?

hogstorm

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 02, 2005, 07:04:29 pm

Seeing as they have a meeting with perenial Bottom 10 placekeeper ULM, they might get off the bubble.

Of course, if they lose, I think they'll end up having to mail Nutt his clothes.

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on October 02, 2005, 07:11:40 pm
oh my god that sucks....i want some nutt huggers to come defend that stuff.

Bacon out...

Ok will do.  The ESPN Bottom 10 is a joke.  It really is ridiculous... Oklahoma was in it at #5 after their first game/loss...which is crazy.  Most polls actually have arkansas ranked in the 60's.  Which is still ahead of SEC schools Miss. State, Ole Miss, Kentucky, and other programs such as Wake Forest and 1/3 of the PAC 10 and just behind South Carolina, Ok State, Mizzou, Kansas State.  One poll has arkansas at 42.

filthyswine

Reaganite

Now that I think about it... the way Spurrier's South Carolina played this weekend... they should move to the head of the list.  It was uuuugly.

Nutt huggers: You don't understand the POWER of the Kool-aid you're drinking!

Join the darksiders and together we can shape the Razorback universe into a WINNING image![/color]

Foots

The sad part is that Arkansas is on the bubble, and Arkansas State is not.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Foots on October 03, 2005, 02:33:34 am

Of course.  They have one more win than us, and have actually defeated a Division I-A opponent.  :puke:
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

hawkeyefan17

My Hawkeyes have seen bottom 10 days. It sucks...bad. This hog team is not bottom 10 bad. Hang in there Hog fans.

Inigo Montoya

Shouldn't Duke be there with their 1-4 record?  Anybody that takes that list seriously is just retarded.  Oh and we do suck this year but not that bad.

whatsshakinbacon

You know, it's not a question of whether or not we really are in the worst ten teams in the country....we're not.  But it's an issue of perception.  If the national media is ready to perceive us as underachievers then recruiting, money and hope fades into oblivion.

Get a clue guys - this is the largest slap in the face we've had since we lost to the Citadel.  And it's gonna leave a mark.

Bacon out...

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: ConwayHog on October 03, 2005, 09:19:31 am
Once again this is not a ranking.  Louisville was in there a week or two ago.  We all know the great Petrino doesn't have a team in the bottom 10.  If we wan't to criticize, lets at least be objective and logical.  I am not pleased with the season but we are not 105 in D-I or whatever some of you want to imply.

Wasn't implying anything here.  Just bringing the link.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

LilRockCentral#21

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on October 03, 2005, 10:16:40 am
You know, it's not a question of whether or not we really are in the worst ten teams in the country....we're not. But it's an issue of perception. If the national media is ready to perceive us as underachievers then recruiting, money and hope fades into oblivion.

Get a clue guys - this is the largest slap in the face we've had since we lost to the Citadel.
And it's gonna leave a mark.

Bacon out...

exactly, and thats why its gonna really suck if we lose to ulm. no one will want to come here.

corndo

whatsshakinbacon

the more I think about this the more upset I get with our inept playcalling...

Bacon out...

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: hogapalooza on October 03, 2005, 04:55:32 pm
Who cares what E.S.PEEING thinks..... Most of the crap that comes out of there is the same as every where else? Look where they had O.U? They wouldn't give us credit last year on any of the "Who's # 1" shows for Being #1 in the World in track, the 40+ N/C and the Best track coach ever. I watch it from time to time, but I don't care about it like I used to.

But we have SUCKED so far this year!

FIRE HDN!!!

Palooza,

I agree with you on most counts, but it bothers me when ESPN has us on this list.  How would you like to be a HS senior looking at programs and see one of your "top 5" listed in the "bottom 15"?

This hurts us within our program and as far as building for the future goes.

FIRE HDN!!!

Bacon out...

Gman

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 02, 2005, 07:04:29 pm

Man this has got to help recruiting.  On the up side, I guess at least we will finally make a top 10.

filthyswine

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on October 03, 2005, 04:31:30 pm
the more I think about this the more upset I get with our inept playcalling...

Bacon out...

I agree with this.  I just don't enjoy watching them play b/c of the playcalling.  I actually get more enjoyment from watching some of the MAC teams play on Thursday nights b/c they have better playcalling.  They actually pass the ball on first down, if you can believe that.  I thought it must be illegal or something to do that.

hamsam

Quote from: Foots on October 03, 2005, 02:33:34 am
A state is not on the list because they are not thought of as even having a team. Talk about a joke. This is crazy
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

whatsshakinbacon

October 04, 2005, 12:46:48 am #30 Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 12:50:46 am by whatsshakinbacon
Quote from: ConwayHog on October 04, 2005, 12:45:47 am
For some of you who ridiculously overreacting, explain why this poll means jack squat. They had Louisville in there and others have said OU? This poll in no way indicates were in the bottom 10. If it does, then would you have to say Louisville and OU have been right there with us. I don't think anyone wants to go there.

Louisville and OU have both beaten Division I teams this year....Arkansas, well, uh, has NOT.

Beating Div I teams pulled them out of the bottom 10.  If we win this week then we should be pulled off the waiting list.

And I know Louisville hasn't been in there this year, but I'm not sure about OU - have they been on the list?

Bacon out...

whatsshakinbacon

Do we go on the list this week?  Maybe next?

Do you realize that next week, after Georgia beats us, we will be 2-5, 0-4 in SEC play, and the two wins will have come against Missouri St. and ULM?

That is deserving of the SI bottom 10 if ever a record was.

Bacon out...