Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This type of thing Scares Me, Why has he not talked to the Arkansas Coaches?

Started by TulsaHogFan, July 08, 2005, 05:12:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHogFan

http://bgi.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=429409

And i quote,

"I want to major in architecture," he said. "The reason I'd put Notre Dame so high is they have one of the top architecture programs in the country."

We have one of the best architecture programs in the nation, why does he not know this?

Speaking about LSU,

"Well, I talk to their football coach and their track coach, because I plan on doing both," he said. "Their football team has a national championship, and their track team is good. They've produced a lot of jumpers, and I'm a jumper. The area, Baton Rouge, I heard it's pretty diverse." 

Hmmm looking for a track program?

Then when asked about Arkansas... This kind of thing just scares me.  We have offered him a scholarship, yet we have not made even a phone call to the kid or an official visit?  Why is this?  Can anyone shed some light on this situation? 

"I haven't heard too much [about the area], because I haven't talked to the coaches [at Arkansas]," he said. "The football team's pretty good, and track's number one in the country. And, because of the track team and football team having two good coaches, it's somewhere I might like to be."

I am sorry i am not one to dog on people but i call it like i see it, when i see problems i want to notify people so that they might be addressed.  If we are not contacting this person and telling him we want him and why we want him, why should he ever show interest in us.  Sending him a scholly offer is not all we need to be doing to show interest.

LAhog123

Here's the real funny thing.....he plans on majoring in architecture and I can tell you......he'll be doing football or he'll be doing architecture.

PigMan

Quote from: LAhog123 on July 08, 2005, 06:18:24 pm
Here's the real funny thing.....he plans on majoring in architecture and I can tell you......he'll be doing football or he'll be doing architecture.

I guarantee you are correct there Lahog.. It "ain't gonna" be both as there is not enough time in the day for both. I had a friend who when in his fifth year one particular instructor would come up at 11:00 p.m. or so to check the roll and determine who "was serious."   Not going to be both.

junkyardhog

Note to Coach Nutt: You need to listen to TulsaHogFan. HE KNOWS RECRUITING. HE CAN CUT AND PASTE BETTER THAN ANYONE ON THE BOARD. I'm sure you have never heard of this kid coach, because simply you don't have any good recruiters. After all he is the number 2 wideout in WISCONSIN! Wisconsin, dammit!! Come on coach, I'm sure you need to hire THF!!!

hogfan98

i was an architecture major my first semester on the hill.  your main class, the studio class, runs from 1:30-5:30 MWF.  you usually have an assigment due every class period, and they give you about 40 hours of work and 48 hours to do it.  not a lot of time for football in there.  it heavily interfered with my "extracirricular" activities, so i had a new major by january.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: junkyardhog on July 08, 2005, 07:00:12 pm
Note to Coach Nutt: You need to listen to TulsaHogFan. HE KNOWS RECRUITING. HE CAN CUT AND PASTE BETTER THAN ANYONE ON THE BOARD. I'm sure you have never heard of this kid coach, because simply you don't have any good recruiters. After all he is the number 2 wideout in WISCONSIN! Wisconsin, dammit!! Come on coach, I'm sure you need to hire THF!!!

I don't mean to brag, but my cut and pasteing is the only reason we have a shot at Mustain, and yes yes, i know i am good lol  JYD hahah nice one, but seriously, i am asking we have offered him a scholarship, why have we not had a talk?  If anyone high up reads this it might have a matter, if not i wasted two mins of my life posting it, and you wasted 30 second reading it.  I know you make above minimum wage, so what is 30 seconds divided by 6.15 an hour...??

Hahaha just messing with ya, love ya JYD.

Bomis Hawg

I'm sure they've been in contact.  I'd be willing to bet that both parties have had contact with each other.  Probably nothing to do with the area.  The fact that he compliments both programs means he knows something about Arkansas, which is a positive coming from Wisconsin.

junkyardhog

I'm just digging on you THF. :)  I just wish people would put a different spin on it instead of getting onto HDN if he misses an out of area recruit.  This guy is in wisconsin and wisconsisn is not known for their blue chippers. I can see how this one slipped by the radar.