Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ever hurt yourself rooting for the Hogs?

Started by NYC Hog, July 06, 2005, 11:01:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NYC Hog

And the painful breaking of your heart doesn't count....
Me personally, I broke a toe. I think it was Stoerner's fumble in Knoxville. I reared back and kicked in anger/horror...but as my foot hurled itself forward the flip-flop i was wearing flew off and my naked toes crashed (tiny bones on steel) into a metallic bed post. Crack! So in addition to a shattered ticker I had to hobble around on shattered toes for the next few weeks. And yes...I'm a moron.
"Rock n' roll means well but it can't help tellin' young boys lies."
--Drive By Truckers

RazorDrummer

94 Hogs NC game...on Thurman's three, I jumped up and said something like, "That's what I'm talkin' bout, Thurman! Whoooo Pig..." pointing my finger at a detractor in the room.  And right about the word "pig" my jaw got a cramp and it hurt like hell.   I guess I had been gritting my teeth through most of the game and when I opened my big mouth, I paid for it.

Then there was the time at the Orange Bowl January 1987 when I went toe-to-toe with Brian Bozworth.  He was wearing that Miami (Testaverde) jersey and we were on the sideline awaiting our turn to take the field.  I was busting his chops about not wearing an OU jersey and called him a traitor or something.  I was telling him how cool the Hogs were compared to his criminal bunch.  He came at me like he was going to pull some Stone Cold (terrible movie) move on me.  Punk.  Good thing I had that drum between me and him...or... well...this would have been a much different post or not one at all. :o
www.oreoblue.com (My Band)
www.theuncrownedkings.com (My other band)
www.honeyjackband.com (the new band 2016)
www.nwamsbl.com (Play Baseball in NWArkansas)
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

hogsanity

94  watching the Hogs/LSu BB game eating popcorn.  Something happened, I bit down real hard and shattered a tooth on a unpopped kernel. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Smithian

I had trouble breathing for the next week after last year's Texass game.

Since 1894

I took quite a few punches (and items thrown at me) when we played basketball AT Houston in 84.  We were leading the game most of the way, only to go down in the final couple of minutes.  I was sitting in the MIDDLE of the Houston Student section wearing my Razorback gear, standing up and calling the Hogs. 
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

RazorRedneck

In the brief moment of euphoria I experienced after Olajabutu intercepted Leak's pass in the 2003 Florida game;  I forgot my girlfriend had just had knee surgery and I knocked her down the bleachers..

BushHawg

Wearing a Uncle Heavy's Hog Hat in the LSU student section:

A) Gets ice and other projectiles hurled at you

but

B) Acts as a hard hat against such objects

also, I think I tweaked a hammy jumping up and down during the 7th heaven game.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

jforte

After Arkansas scored its third touchdown I jumped up and Fell flat on my back on the steel bleachers at the 77-78 Orange Bowl game.  I had to celebrate the rest of the game and endure about two weeks with a very sore back....and well worth it! 

WilsonHog

A personal injury? Of course not.

I always try to show good judgment and throw something instead.

I have broken quite a few things.

NYC Hog

It's not exactly an injury (at least not to me)...but after we won the hoops national championship in '94 some friends and I were celebrating in the parking lot on campus. Some yahoo from Indiana started talking smack to us ("Call me when you've won a few more...etc."). i asked him if this car i was standing next to with Indiana plates was his...he replied in the affirmative. So i whipped myself out and took a whizz on his tires.
Lemme tell you, it's hard zipping up during a dead sprint.
"Rock n' roll means well but it can't help tellin' young boys lies."
--Drive By Truckers

HogsNHawgs

I broke the TV and VCR remotes after the Stoerner fumble.  TV remote after the fumble and the VCR remote after the replay.
Eat Right, Stay Healthy...Die Anyway!!!

Since 1894

Didn't you call in to Sports Rap about this?

That was a few weeks ago, first time on Sports Rap and my Routine is already getting old.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

VT HOG

I did hurt myself one time . When we beat LSU in the Rock in 2002, I was 14 years old at the time, I was watching the game by myself because everyone else had already given up on the Hogs. When Jones connected with Birmingham for the TD I got so pumped up I got up and sprinted down the hall on the way I wasn't paying any attention and busted my toe on our brick fireplace it hurt sooo much, but didnt even care because I was so pumped.

hoggerdinger

Mr. goon here. 
It hurts to re-live this but here goes.
I was at the Hogs/Baylor game.  I was drunk.  I had to go pee.  My friends wanted me to get some cokes for them while I was gone.  Did I say we were with 5 hot chicks?  Anyway, as I was coming back with 4 large cokes I was kinda running up the steps and I fell face first into a step.  I spilled the cokes and chipped a tooth right down to the nerve.  I started crying like a pansy and had to leave the game to get more drunk to kill the pain.  The chicks thought I was cool.
I still have nightmares about that.

ledhead830

I fell eight rows after jumping in the student section as we scored a touchdown against Texas this year.  No broken bones, but damn it hurt.
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

Slacker

For some reason, I have a pounding headache and nausea after every single football and baseball game??? Oh, and after the National Championship in '94, the ditch had it coming... Dickson street was brutal to Slacker... :puke:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Since 1894

I am glad I got more hair than that guy (just barely)

Macgyver_Hawg

My dad broke a ceiling fan and light cheering for the Razorbacks in football many years ago.
He was fine.

PerryHog

No injuries, but have become expert at repairing sheet rock after my forearm has knocked holes in it.

MJ2

Is the Slacker post above really Chuck Barrett????