Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Been a Great Week for John White

Started by WilsonHog, July 01, 2005, 06:54:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

July 08, 2005, 02:31:03 pm #50 Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 02:35:10 pm by drakehog
Quote from: JIHawg on July 08, 2005, 12:13:33 am
Just curious-how did the Fowlers make their money?

http://www.wordplay.com/artscouncil/newf-art-org/wallacef.html

;D

one man's trash is another man's great treasure.

serious, Arkansas's Wallace Fowler made his money in food distribution in eastern Arkansas and the Memphis area, I believe, then started building, starting and selling banks. He grew Southwest Bancshares of Jonesboro into a huge enterprise. The guy is just blessed with talent to make money and lots of it.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hogfog

Well put hogwildinhouston. These genii can't seem to understand it's "the chancellor's residence" not the "White's" residence. And he doesn't live in the current chancellor's house either. He lives at Pinnacle and I believe has a house at Beaver Lake as wel, both of which he boughtl. The chancellor's residence will be no more where he lives than will Pomfret hall! It's all about entertaining and networking. That billion didn't come in without some serious schmoozing by a lot of people.  And that money has allowed the number of scholarships given to 'regular' students to increase exponentially. As for wishing he'd leave, well, it'll only be because he wants to. The trustees aren't going to fire anybody who spearheaded a billion dollar campaign.