Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The future of Arkansas Basketball!

Started by Tomhog™, January 23, 2008, 02:36:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

Watching these videos got me pumped for next year.  I know there is still this year to play, but just thought I'd post these vids while I had the time.

Michael Sanchez:
[youtube=425,350]7xVKEfZQ3xA&feature=user[/youtube]

Courtney Fortson:
[youtube=425,350]d8U04ryh8mU&feature=user[/youtube]

Rotnei Clarke (number 15 in white):
Watch how he scores on 2-3 defenders.  This guy can flat out score!
[youtube=425,350]K3Ij9-VotxI[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]V9b5k_aOUaA&feature=related[/youtube]

Andre Clark:
[youtube=425,350]sMglig7tz2E[/youtube]
At the 1:55 to 2:20 mark
[youtube=425,350]ZWz_2lA_RNQ[/youtube]

I couldn't find any video highlights for Daniel Payne or Brandon Moore

Oliver

Will they re-evalute Andre Clark's star rating?  Last time I remember checking, he wasn't ranked.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 23, 2008, 02:38:29 pm
Will they re-evalute Andre Clark's star rating?  Last time I remember checking, he wasn't ranked.

3-star
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Oliver

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 23, 2008, 02:55:32 pm
3-star

If Daniel Payne is supposed to be the number 1 rated Juco recruit, how is he only a 3 star?

Hoggy1

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 23, 2008, 03:09:15 pm
If Daniel Payne is supposed to be the number 1 rated Juco recruit, how is he only a 3 star?

What was Sonny? 4 star?
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Oliver

Bigfoot

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 23, 2008, 02:36:32 pm
Watching these videos got me pumped for next year.  I know there is still this year to play, but just thought I'd post these vids while I had the time.

Michael Sanchez:
[youtube=425,350]7xVKEfZQ3xA&feature=user[/youtube]

Courtney Fortson:
[youtube=425,350]d8U04ryh8mU&feature=user[/youtube]

Rotnei Clarke (number 15 in white):
Watch how he scores on 2-3 defenders.  This guy can flat out score!
[youtube=425,350]K3Ij9-VotxI[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]V9b5k_aOUaA&feature=related[/youtube]

Andre Clark:
[youtube=425,350]sMglig7tz2E[/youtube]
At the 1:55 to 2:20 mark
[youtube=425,350]ZWz_2lA_RNQ[/youtube]

I couldn't find any video highlights for Daniel Payne or Brandon Moore

Good stuff TomHog! Things will be alot better in the near future! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 23, 2008, 03:09:15 pm

Who knows...when we had that recruiting article come out that had us as the #6 class, the guy who did the recruiting rankings said he considered Payne to be equal to a 5* high school senior. So, if we have only two years with Payne, perhaps that's why he's only a 3*...different rankings from different sources.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The_Iceman

is there anyway we can get some video on Payne and/or Moore?

i would even take a detailed scouting report if someone has one.

mccurdy

It wont let me click on the videos. Is there something im doing wrong or something I need to download?

hawgsav1

My question is, whatever happened to Clarence Trent?  He was supposed to come here.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

slopinhogs

the future of the razorback basketball program is in good hands. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

40MINSOFHELL

2010 National Champions- Arkansas Razorbacks

SpareRib

Thanks, Tomhog - Great clips.  Man, Rotnei can shoot the lights out.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

WMHawgfan

Have to ask this, who is number 23 on the team Rotnei is playing against in the first video? Looks like he was going score for score with Rotnei.

Tomhog™

Quote from: mccurdy on January 23, 2008, 06:50:07 pm
It wont let me click on the videos. Is there something im doing wrong or something I need to download?

Click on the arrow in the middle.  Then, depending on download speed, it will take time.  I usually pause it until it's almost completely loaded.  You can tell by watching the gray on the status bar.

Tomhog™

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 23, 2008, 05:33:43 pm
is there anyway we can get some video on Payne and/or Moore?

i would even take a detailed scouting report if someone has one.

Even the scout and rivals database didn't have any videos for these two.  Sorry.  There is some details on them in the stickied thread in the Recruiting forum on 2008 basketball signees.

Tomhog™

Brandon Moore - rated #38 PF in nation.  Averages 19 points, 16 rebounds, and 6 blocks this season.  He went head to head against Greg Monroe, regarded the #1 recruit in the nation.  They each scored 20 points.  He can also score from beyond the arc.

Daniel Payne - not much on him other than 15.6 ppg and he also has the ability to shoot beyond the arc.  Illinois, Texas, Missouri and Kansas were some other schools recruiting Payne.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 24, 2008, 12:04:26 am
Brandon Moore - rated #38 PF in nation.  Averages 19 points, 16 rebounds, and 6 blocks this season.  He went head to head against Greg Monroe, regarded the #1 recruit in the nation.  They each scored 20 points.  He can also score from beyond the arc.

Daniel Payne - not much on him other than 15.6 ppg and he also has the ability to shoot beyond the arc.  Illinois, Texas, Missouri and Kansas were some other schools recruiting Payne.

maybe further into the season we will get some info on them.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 24, 2008, 12:07:06 am

maybe further into the season we will get some info on them.

I've read all of Payne's box scores from this season, and it looks like he can just as easily go:

7-9 FGs, 3-4 3FGs, 5-7 FTs, 22pts, 9 Rbs, 4 STLs, 2 TOs

in two out of three games...but that third game his stats look like

3-13 FGs, 1-6 3FGs, 1-6 FTs, 8pts, 4 Rbs, 1 Stls, 5 TOs

From the numbers he looks like Joe Johnson early at Arkansas. He's mostly dominate, but when he's off, he's way off.